Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion (29976 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Witnesses The Arrival Of CMA CGM SCANDOLA At Lekki Port / Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by freddie009(m): 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2022
vedaxcool:
See as Lagos is setting their future. Yet one urchin from a failed state will open his gutter of mouth to advise them on how to run their state better.

And Okowa can not revive that of warri. Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by coputa(m): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2022
They are still building seaport in the West when we have many port that are not working in the South.
Obasanjo killed all the ports in the South South and stop them from working so that Lagos,a South West state will take it all.This has virtually slow down the economic life of these states and boost that of Lagos.
This is the reason I prefer a northern to a Westerner at the helms of affairs of the Nigeria state.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by coputa(m): 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2022
freddie009:

And Okowa can revive that warri. Mtchewww
It's not Okowa fault,the yorubas killed all other ports from working so as to boost the economy of Lagos.
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by freddie009(m): 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2022
coputa:
It's not Okowa fault,the yorubas killed all other ports from working so as to boost the economy of Lagos.

Chai, but why now.
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Greenarrow01(m): 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2022
tolue42:

Still need info?
Tes
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by coputa(m): 4:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
freddie009:

Chai, but why now.
Obasanjo did it, that's why the ports in warri,Koko and sapele are not working,this would have boost the economy of these towns.
Yorubas leaders hate the South South
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Dijita: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2022
Yinkakolawole:
my hometown is where the port is located, but the government need to widen the old ibeju-lekki road (eleko-folu exp rd) to 8 lane because of the delivering of goods. Dangote refinery projects are using this same road & the road is really bad now, & it is the only exp road that link to the port directly.
I was there this Christmas, my hometown is close by. The first step is to fix the existing road before expansion. They should also build all those other roads and bridges they are proposing before the expansion of the existing road. The expansion is going to destroy many houses and no one is talking about relocating those people. They are not houses that encroached on government land. They are indigenous people houses. It is not enough to say we will pay the property owners. payment that will not reach the people. even if it reach the owners, majority of the tenants will still be at a loss. Some house owners children living in their father's house will still be at a loss.
The development going on in the corridor is a good thing but the government is not making provision for social capital that will benefit majority of the people.
Most people working in some of the businesses in the area are been paid substandard wages where some of the Obas are scheming off their pay in the name of contract work.
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by OmoEpe(m): 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2022
Senomi:
After this godforsaken yoruba politicians have closed down all the ports in the South south las las na frustration and traffic go kill all of them.

Prices of goods have skyrocketed in rivers state as a result of NPA and onne port closure, FG and yoruba politicians connived and closed down all the river state ports just because they're scared of igbos in rivers state, and allowing the ports function means enriching the igbos pocket which may strengthen their fight for their useless biafra agenda......not knowing they're also sane and normal rivers people who this punishment has tremendously affected

Of what benefit is a single state port system to nigeria? Has it not led to the increase in middlemen, hoarding and traffic congestion especially lagos?

Make everybody for this country do get sense abeg, it'll be better if people protest and boycott lagos ports

Lagos built their port themselves they only grudgingly gave 5% to the FG recently

What stopped your dumb and visionless Govs from building theirs? Senseless citizens like you will always produce irresponsible leaders like you have always had

Eleribu sombori

11 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Dijita: 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2022
coputa:
Obasanjo did it, that's why the ports in warri,Koko and sapele are not working,this would have boost the economy of these towns.
Yorubas leaders hate the South South
This is a Lagos state project. If Obasanjo wanted to do anything for the South West, it will not be in Lagos state. If you are too young to know the tension between Lagos and the OBJ administration go back and read history book or ask your elders to explain it to you

9 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by OmoEpe(m): 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2022
tollyboy5:

Got lost! Your praises to your pocket tho.
You're praising on our behalf lol.

Tell me one single project tinubu or even fashola did at Epe division since you've decided to show much concern

I guess lekki Epe expressway and the FTZ is in Ajangbadi abi?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by OmoEpe(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2022
Koffiatama:
So Tinubu also have seaport?

Tinubu is not your Governors, from 99 tIll date,mate

If they had 10% of his vision your kindred won't be Economic refugees in Lagos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Dijita: 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2022
achu442:

Ómó no caps ..

One road

Seaport
Airport
Dangote Refinery
Free Trade Zone
Lekki
Victoria Island

They don't even care what's gonna happen there.
The kind of traffic jam that will be there ehn.

Even if they like make them do 16 lane...Only trailers will block all of them.

Cos that's the only functional refinery in the entire Nigeria.

This is Lagos state project. It is not FG project. Off course it is still Nigeria.
They are in the process of constructing multiple interconnected roads and bridges. Just imagine Apapa connected to Marina, Ikoyi and VI. That is the vision and the proposal. Implementation may be something else. While airport is on the same axis it is not in the same location. imagine airport is in Ikoyi in the above imagination. There is also water distribution system that I think can be leverage by Dangote as he used it to bring a lot of the factory equipments. the same can be used to move petroleum product to other places in the state for onward distribution to the hinterlands.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Sunday2021: 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2022
This is what one terrorist is telling his people to burn down. Thank God he is now caged like a dog he is.

8 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by tollyboy5(m): 4:35pm On Jan 07, 2022
OmoEpe:

I guess lekki Epe expressway and the FTZ is in Ajangbadi abi?
Lol are you linking that to tinubu or what?

You better know what you're about to say

And talk with groove not baseless comment
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2022
OkuFaba:
no be lie, I drive from Ikoyi to Raffles oil everyday, that road is going bad even when the refinery and the port has not started operations.

Work needs to start now in that road cos if these places starts and that road is not amended, wahala go dey oo
u re even trying ikoyi to raffle oil everyday. I worked in insignia print tech the dufil company beside raffle oil.
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by tollyboy5(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2022
@omoepe i don't need to school you on how Epe has been lacking basic infrastructure for years.
I can see you're a tinubuist lekki-epe road a product of jakande, tinubu started free trade zone and i'm just knowing that.
But it shouldn't have stopped other development not until ambode came.
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2022
OmoEpe:

Lagos built their port themselves they only grudgingly gave 5% to the FG recently

What stopped your dumb and visionless Govs from building theirs? Senseless citizens like you will always produce irresponsible leaders like you have always had

Eleribu sombori

Shut up jor! Did u even read what I wrote? Rivers state have 3 ports, when buhari came yoruba politicians connived with him to shut down all ports across the country and allow only the overated slum State port to function, for what goddamn reason?? Tankers will keep on falling on y'all children if u guys don't reverse the damage you've done on nigerians

Wike has sent several petitions that were dismissed to house of assembly and Fg for Rivers ports to be allowed to function but amaechi only replied by calling him a drunkard

Rivers state has all the capacity to produce 24hrs electricity which wike planned on doing but the idea was shut down by the FG

All this oppression only happens to the South south and southeast but other regions are possessing super man Powers abi?
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by olas24u(f): 7:10pm On Jan 07, 2022
ArewaNorth:
Amaechi and his team!
lies ,you are not even in touch ,when did he become a transport minister? There was dredging to make it deep for many years, there was a free trade zone area .if lagos had its way it will not even involve the FG.The apapa and tincan ports have been monopolized in terms of jobs to a section of the country .Even the real land owners with education could not get jobs there.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by babasolution: 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2022
Senomi:

Shut up jor! Did u even read what I wrote? Rivers state have 3 ports, when buhari came yoruba politicians connived with him to shut down all ports across the country and allow only the overated slum State port to function, for what goddamn reason?? Tankers will keep on falling on y'all children if u guys don't reverse the damage you've done on nigerians

Wike has sent several petitions that were dismissed to house of assembly and Fg for Rivers ports to be allowed to function but amaechi only replied by calling him a drunkard

Rivers state has all the capacity to produce 24hrs electricity which wike planned on doing but the idea was shut down by the FG

All this oppression only happens to the South south and southeast but other regions are possessing super man Powers abi?

The south south had a president for 5yrs

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Fastlinkpro: 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2022
them never launch, we no see road go house. Omoh this lekki ibeju axis na traffic zone.
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by OmoEpe(m): 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2022
Senomi:

You are impervious to learning. Trying to educate you is a Herculean task.
If indeed FG shut down those ports it's because they OWN THEM.
What stopped Odilli,Ameachi and Wike from building a state owned port just like Lagos?

With dumb citizens like you mediocre will keep ascending to power because you guys are just incapable of logical and analytical reasoning needed to hold them to any reasonable standard

Indeeds dumb leaders are produced by dumb citizens like you

8 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by OmoEpe(m): 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2022
tollyboy5:
@omoepe i don't need to school you on how Epe has been lacking basic infrastructure for years.
I can see you're a tinubuist lekki-epe road a product of jakande, tinubu started free trade zone and i'm just knowing that.
But it shouldn't have stopped other development not until ambode came.

Am sure you know how many hours it took to drive to Eleko junction from lekki when the road remained Jakande tiny road.

Like Tinubu or hate him it's your choice but don't stand fact in the head. He laid the foundations for Lagos development till date.

He picked Epe above Badagry for the Port we are talking about today since 2001.

Ambrose did roads but Proposed Lagos Airport was approved for Epe since 2001 by the same Tinubu you are demonizing

I guess you value roads and street lights above the listed everlasting developmental projects just like some men worship beauty in a woman above character.

The meaning of Omoluabi is extolling Character above all else

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Heavance(m): 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2022
So una believe this thing?
These people will use anything not associated to score cheap campaign points.
Same way they used Dangote refinery during 2019, they have started with this one now.
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by OmoEpe(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2022
tollyboy5:

Lol are you linking that to tinubu or what?

You better know what you're about to say

And talk with groove not baseless comment

There is no truer statement than Empty barrels make most noise.

Ignoramus, the EPZ,Lagos Airport and seaport you see in Lagos today were designed as part of Lagos master plan by Tinubu as far as year 2000 while people like you were still in diapers.

I shake my head when empty heads like you dance naked in public space

Listen and listen good, Tinubu is not your forefathers mate. If your forefathers had 10% of his vision youandyour kindred wont constitute the parasitic nuisance you constitute today in Lagos

NdiMgbeke feeling funky

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2022
OmoEpe:

You are impervious to learning. Trying to educate you is a Herculean task.
If indeed FG shut down those ports it's because they OWN THEM.
What stopped Odilli,Ameachi and Wike from building a state owned port just like Lagos?

With dumb citizens like you mediocre will keep ascending to power because you guys are just incapable of logical and analytical reasoning needed to hold them to any reasonable standard

Indeeds dumb leaders are produced by dumb citizens like you

Keep qwayet abeg! Go to aso rock and ask buhari why he shut down rivers ports,FG also owns a port in lagos that's still functioning, the question is why is it only lagos ports that are being allowed to function? Go and check all 35 states in nigeria all available ports has been shutdown by FG, so better not come here and start bleating like a goat, and for building another port isn't that a waste of money, so 3 ports will lay lifeless and instead of efforts to revive them you suggest we build a new one? Next time drink your hennessy with milk
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2022
babasolution:

The south south had a president for 5yrs
And when the president left, this current president immediately came and shut down all the ports
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by OmoEpe(m): 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2022
Senomi:

Keep qwayet abeg! Go to aso rock and ask buhari why he shut down rivers ports,FG also owns a port in lagos that's still functioning, the question is why is it only lagos ports that are being allowed to function? Go and check all 35 states in nigeria all available ports has been shutdown by FG, so better not come here and start bleating like a goat, and for building another port isn't that a waste of money, so 3 ports will lay lifeless and instead of efforts to revive them you suggest we build a new one? Next time drink your hennessy with milk

Dumbo,do you know that lagosport ismorethan twice the capacity of FG port in Lagos? FG had to blackmail Lagos to get just5% shares in it.
Your lack of sense is the reason why intellectually barren buffon like Wike is your Governor today

Eleribu sombori

6 Likes

Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2022
OmoEpe:

Dumbo,do you know that lagosport ismorethan twice the capacity of FG port in Lagos? FG had to blackmail Lagos to get just5% shares in it.
Your lack of sense is the reason why intellectually barren buffon like Wike is your Governor today

Eleribu sombori

Atleast wike is 100 times better than that sheep and houseboy called sanwo olu

Go and hold ur yoruba politicians by the neck and warn them to open our ports
Re: Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion by tollyboy5(m): 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2022
OmoEpe:

There is no truer statement than Empty barrels make most noise.

Ignoramus, the EPZ,Lagos Airport and seaport you see in Lagos today were designed as part of Lagos master plan by Tinubu as far as year 2000 while people like you were still in diapers.

I shake my head when empty heads like you dance naked in public space

Listen and listen good, Tinubu is not your forefathers mate. If your forefathers had 10% of his vision youandyour kindred wont constitute the parasitic nuisance you constitute today in Lagos

NdiMgbeke feeling funky
After typing your trash. Take your medications because your ancestors are useless.
Even the ones to come are no better

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION / Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her / Esther Oba, Patience Jonathan’s Sister Arrested At Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.