Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,481 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years (17072 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics / Agbaje’s Camp Tackles Fashola, Tinubu For Saying He's Too Old To Be Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 11:27pm On Jun 18, 2011
tpia@:

can you explain the difference between hurricanes, tropical storms, and the standard heavy rains in lagos?

so its a freak weather condition when it happens annually overseas, right?

It's really insane the kinds of nonsense you read on NL, juts like the other poster blaming floods in Ohio/Midwest US on Tsunami and not common rain fall.

I mean, how did the California and the rest of western US survived Tsunami that transpires only in the pacific and trigered heavy rail fall in Midwest US? Rain flood is never a consequence of Tsunami (only water waves from the pacific ocean).

It's really sad to know that many of these loud mouths have zero knowledge of basic and elementary geography.

And they get mad when you label ignorant.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by phantom(m): 11:32pm On Jun 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

It's really insane the kinds of nonsense you read on NL, juts like the other poster blaming floods in Ohio/Midwest US on Tsunami and not common rain fall.

I mean, how did the California and the rest of western US survived Tsunami that transpires only in the pacific and trigered heavy rail fall in Midwest US? Rain flood is never a consequence of Tsunami (only water waves from the pacific ocean).

It's really sad to know that many of these loud mouths have zero knowledge of basic and elementary geography.

And they get mad when you label ignorant.javascript:void(0);
you wont blame them na, i too would get angry if i was arguing with a major A-hole grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by edoyad(m): 11:46pm On Jun 18, 2011
OMG!shocked chilling with your lower body under water ,must try that real soon grin
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 12:14am On Jun 19, 2011
phantom:

you wont blame them na, i too would spew the same ignorant nonsense if i was arguing with a 'knowledgeable person grin grin grin grin

Good to know the ignorant lebel applies to you too.

Btw, don't quit your day job (That's if you have any), comedy is not your thing, stick to the clownish and ignorant routine for your own good.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by nwanma7480: 3:20am On Jun 20, 2011
It was sad for me when I went back home to visit after twenty four years of residing in the USA. I was born and raised in Lagos. I love Lagos. It is a mini New York. You can find anything in Lagos. Most of all, I have always taken so much pride to announce my city of birth. Lagos is a shameful state now. During my visit, there was a thunder storm and it rained heavily. Within 5 minutes of heavy down pour the whloe street (old Western Avenue) was flooded. Some of the vehicles were deep in water. I could not believe it. The politicians are interested only in looting. I agree that Fashola has been busy. What about the past governors?. Were they not aware of this drainage problem?. What did they do with all the money allocated to the state? Why did they allow so much construction without proper plan for drainage, roads, transportation? Should I mention energy?. Lets call a spade a spade. We know that Mr Tinubu is still running the show in Lagos state. He needs to give up his quest for life long power and allow the elected officials to perform their duties as deemed fit or as approved by the people of my beloved Lagos state.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by kpolli(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2011
someone wrote up ACN, am just wondering if they control the rain
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by Exponental(m): 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2011
Poster: wat role have u played so far in ensuring that flood is eliminated.
Is to throw that bottle or can drink, paper, nylon, all forms of disposables thru d vehicle window.
Do u clean dat drainage in ur localty during that monthly sanitation.

The guy is really trying, advice rather than castigating

We know ur type: Enemy of Progress
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by ideylaff: 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2011
@ Eko Ile just confirmed to me, with all the/his posts on this thread, He really and truly is __________ lipsrsealed

Anyone who uses a disaster in another country as an excuse for another governments short comings, surely is beyond redemption

wha eko ile is simply saying is, "It's okay, shebi US 2 dey flood, ha oma she oooo/what a pity

Thats the problem, u never see people like ds saying its taken Malaysia xyz years to get to where they are etc, and we got independence around the same time, their kernel industry was based on our very own Kernels/,  shocked

GOD HELP US, @ eko ile, please keep your mouth firmly pressed on Tinubus back side as well as Fasholas, keep licking,

I'm not scared and I'm not a sycophant/back side kisser, I already Told BFT as it is privately as a friend yesterday, and im sure he's taken it on board

when your kids come home with 1 out of 10, in a subject , just say to them  "ITS OKAY", shebi, the person next door kid even scored 0 out of then
@ least you got 1,

WHAT A PITY, we have come to this, eko ile u need to cover your face in shame, using this flood to point fingers @ people and all. what about the leaders elected,

BRF and Tinubu are the ones appointing commisssioners, parastatal head, and directors approving land and new build on areas meant to be mapped out as channels for drainage, abi the people are responsible for that as well,  issssh

The fact that previous goverments have failed to address ds issue does not mean the government of the day should not fix it or absolve themselves of the blame,

ITS PATHETIC, if anyone is sitting on the same fence as @ eko ile, please please have a rethink, please do,

@ eko ile , i know u will reply with some big abusive/uncouth words, please be gentle on me oooohhh , please
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by chino11(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2011
Lagos is a failed state, with all the money they realize in that state due to investment of the Igbos still no improvement. I wonder what would have happened if Igbos did not invest in Lagos. silly yoroobahs
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by ak47mann(m): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2011
chino11:

Lagos is a failed state, with all the money they realize in that state due to investment of the Igbos still no improvement. I wonder what would have happened if Igbos did not invest in Lagos. silly yoroobahs
IT WILL NO DIFFERENT FROM EKITI STATE grin grin
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2011
Imagine that! 12 solid years of arse kissing and joyous plans. . . and look what happened YET AGAIN . . . destruction of property and lives. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

We were told by the gumbas that Tinubu should be excuse for allowing the drainage plans from the Marwa days to go to waste as he spent his 8 years in office making better plans. 12 years later and see what Lagos is still having to deal with.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by chino11(m): 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2011
ak47mann:

IT WILL NO DIFFERENT FROM EKITI STATE grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Ekiti that one na state? or a local council Hahahahahhaha. You know my brother most of the states in the southwest are not fit to be a state of the Federal Republic. They can be classified as semi rural states. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by ikioduwa: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2012
@Eko- Ile:
The Netherlands is also below sea level...yet they are one of the best nations when it comes to water management. They make water SERVE them...
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by Yornandrew: 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2012
No comments

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Corruption War : "People Are Now Ready To Blow Whistle" - Keyamo / Police Uncover Plot By Terrorists To Attack Abuja Transport / IPOB Vs Orji Uzor Kalu: How IPOB Lawyers Were Dribbled – Ejiofor Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.