Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,601 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years (17074 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics / Agbaje’s Camp Tackles Fashola, Tinubu For Saying He's Too Old To Be Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by fxtopedia(m): 7:52pm On Jun 17, 2011
@ Eko-ile: Thump up

@ alj_harem: Why attacking ACN on every thread?
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by aljharem3: 7:52pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Not quite, actually. In lots of places it is handled by private contractors. . . for example, there is this famous company called Waste Management (dunno if you heard of them) that handles a lot of trash collection in the US.

But I guess the point you raise is more subtle. . . whether people should negotiate (and pay) to have their trash handled individually or whether the government should just provide it for everyone (and pay for it by raising taxes.) In other words, is it a private or public good. I guess you are right, it should be available for free to everyone.

thanks dapo

Eko Ile:

Got to be a joke. He was told the same thing pages back. You basically repeated what others have posted and what he's been arguing against.

no u did not say the samething, haba iragbji ile, why fall my hand na
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Not quite, actually. In lots of places it is handled by private contractors. . . for example, there is this famous company called Waste Management (dunno if you heard of them) that handles a lot of trash collection in the US.

But I guess the point you raise is more subtle. . . whether people should negotiate (and pay) to have their trash handled individually or whether the government should just provide it for everyone (and pay for it by raising taxes.) In other words, is it a private or public good. I guess you are right, it should be available for free to everyone.

Waste Management is a GOVERNMENT contractor in many of the cities around the US that handles waste management in states where it is CONTRACTED by the government to do so.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by aljharem3: 7:54pm On Jun 17, 2011
fxtopedia:

@ alj_harem: Why attacking ACN on every thread?

no i do not attack ACN on every thread , i am just stating the obvious

am sorry if u feel that way
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by kabukabu50(m): 7:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
There is your "Center for Excellence", Rubbish, this would never happen in New York,London or Tokyo, and for the Arrow who posted the pics of flood in the US, you are punk, that would be comparing Lagos to Abakaliki, those floods were in the average towns, and they were not due to lack of drainage, just natural flood disaster like river overflowing its banks, Lagos is suppossed to be a "world class" city but instead its gutters are full of Trash grin grin grin

LAGOS is pretty much neck and neck with VIETNAM or AFGHANISTAN in terms of actual infrastructure THAT works, much below MEXICO CITY or BOMBAY
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by fxtopedia(m): 7:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
alj_harem:

no i do not attack ACN on every thread , i am just stating the obvious

am sorry if u feel that way

Oh great! Thanks for your response,
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by ektbear: 7:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Waste Management is a GOVERNMENT contractor in many of the cities around the US that handles waste management in states where it is CONTRACTED by the government to do so.
Right. So there are two different cases, I guess:
1) If the government chooses to provide the service, does it do it itself or hire a contractor?
2) What if the government doesn't provide the service, and people have to handle it themselves?

Anyway, Waste Management does #1. I'm not sure if it does #2. . . but that wasn't why I brought them up. Brought them up as a good example of #1.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2011
Its obvious u have a very poor reading ability with a great comprehension problem. U ve posted trash thus far showing how poorly informed u are about the subject. I gave u a link on a research conducted by UNESCO about the flooding being experienced in Lagos. If u read their findings, ur ignorant self would have realised that the bulk stops with the govt. 1. Most drainages were poorly constructed. 2. Resurfacing needs to be done, thereby concreting the bases and surfaces, 3. Re chaneling the flow of the current drainages(gutters) to a more large canals to flow away. 4. constructing barriers in forms of bars into the drainages, preventing refuse being dumped into gutters from flowing through to the other side. These are just part of the solution. If u are reasonable, u would realise that the govt needs to do 90% of these and not the citizens. A fanatic like u have no idea about these, yet u blindly comment and post poo. Its pointless educating someone like
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 8:01pm On Jun 17, 2011
kabukabu50:

There is your "Center for Excellence", Rubbish, this would never happen in New York,London or Tokyo, and for the Arrow who posted the pics of flood in the US, you are punk, that would be comparing Lagos to Abakaliki, those floods were in the average towns, and they were not due to lack of drainage, just natural flood disaster like river overflowing its banks, Lagos is suppossed to be a "world class" city but instead its gutters are full of Trash grin grin grin

LAGOS is pretty much neck and neck with VIETNAM or AFGHANISTAN in terms of actual infrastructure THAT works, much below MEXICO CITY or BOMBAY

When it rains, it pours, especially along the flood-prone Queens Boulevard lines. (Photo by flickr user chrisj)

http://secondavenuesagas.com/2007/08/17/economists-say-climate-change-could-lead-to-more-subway-floods/

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) - Up to 200,000 people in the Wilkes-Barre area were ordered to evacuate their homes Wednesday because of rising water on the Susquehanna River, swelled by a record-breaking deluge that has killed at least 12 people across the Northeast.

http://www.worldproutassembly.org/archives/2006/06/pennsylvania_fl.html

Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko-ile my response above is directed to you
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by dayokanu(m): 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2011
hmmm
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Right. So there are two different cases, I guess:
1) If the government chooses to provide the service, does it do it itself or hire a contractor?
2) What if the government doesn't provide the service, and people have to handle it themselves?

Anyway, Waste Management does #1. I'm not sure if it does #2. . . but that wasn't why I brought them up. Brought them up as a good example of #1.

In most all cases in the US( from WM point of view) the government contracts it out to the company. This is why people do not get Waste Management utility bills DIRECTLY from the waste companies in most of the US.

I have personally never read of a case where the company refuses to pick up your trash because you did not pay waste management bill. That would probably defeat the purpose of waste management in that municipal.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by kabukabu50(m): 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

When it rains, it pours, especially along the flood-prone Queens Boulevard lines. (Photo by flickr user chrisj)

http://secondavenuesagas.com/2007/08/17/economists-say-climate-change-could-lead-to-more-subway-floods/

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) - Up to 200,000 people in the Wilkes-Barre area were ordered to evacuate their homes Wednesday because of rising water on the Susquehanna River, swelled by a record-breaking deluge that has killed at least 12 people across the Northeast.

http://www.worldproutassembly.org/archives/2006/06/pennsylvania_fl.html

You are a brainless, mindless DOLT, did you even read my comment, illiterate Bastard grin grin grin grin ;DFloods happen in the WEst because of natural disasters live river overflowing, NOT BECAUSE OF CLOGGED GUTTERS, simple comprehension would help you a lot in your MISERABLE, PITIFUL EXCUSE of a LIFE of a PAUPER that you obviously HAVE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2011
alj_harem:

no u did not say the samething, haba iragbji ile, why fall my hand na

You mean I didn't say this has more to do with nature than drainage. I wonder why you brought up your ignorant Tsunami and Hurricane reference.

Silly lair
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2011
kabukabu50:

You are a brainless, mindless DOLT, did you even read my comment, illiterate Bastard grin grin grin grin ;DFloods happen in the WEst because of natural disasters live river overflowing, NOT BECAUSE OF CLOGGED GUTTERS, simple comprehension would help you a lot in your MISERABLE, PITIFUL EXCUSE of a LIFE of a PAUPER that you obviously HAVE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This has got to be the most ridiculous, absurd and ignorant statements ever.

Flood Facts

WARNING: How FloodSmart are YOU?

Flooding: America's #1 Natural Hazard!

Why Care About Flooding
Floods are the most common natural disaster in the United States. They've caused nearly $2.7 billion in U.S. flood losses in the last 10 years (2001-2010). There is a 26 percent chance of experiencing a flood during the life of a 30-year mortgage in high-risk flood areas. However, losses due to flooding are not covered under typical homeowner's and business insurance policies.

Causes of Flooding

* Hurricanes and tropical storms cause floods that can create far more damage than high winds.
    * Nor'easters, or extra-tropical cyclones, also cause flooding and storm surge.
    * Heavy rains, winter storms, and spring thaws bring flooding to river basins.
    * Overburdened or clogged drainage systems lead to property damage both within and outside floodplains.

* Construction and new development affect natural drainage and create new flood risks.

http://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart/pages/media_resources/fact_floodfacts.jsp
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko-ile can u see how u are embarrassing ur self with ur very poor knowledge of the issue at hand? Objectivity is lacking in every of ur posts on this thread. SMH
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by kabukabu50(m): 8:18pm On Jun 17, 2011
satani22:

Eko-ile can u see how u are embarrassing your self with your very poor knowledge of the issue at hand? Objectivity is lacking in every of your posts on this thread. SMH

He cant help it because he is too busy uplifting his sorry excuse of a slum grin grin grin, Thats ok perhaps I'll ship him some extra durable raincoats
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 8:18pm On Jun 17, 2011
satani22:

Eko-ile can u see how u are embarrassing your self with your very poor knowledge of the issue at hand? Objectivity is lacking in every of your posts on this thread. SMH

lmao. Olodo trying to feel among. Your contribution in this thread are all lies.

You have nothing to contribute but lies, I'm trying to ignore you here. Please stay ignored.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by omoobadosu: 8:21pm On Jun 17, 2011
The problem with Lagos flood is the people. People are using paving stone in an area where water percolation is poor.   This is one of the major causes of the flooding in this two area mention.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by ektbear: 8:22pm On Jun 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

In most all cases in the US( from WM point of view) the government contracts it out to the company. This is why people do not get Waste Management utility bills DIRECTLY from the waste companies in most of the US. I have personally never read of a case where the company refuses to pick up your trash because you did not pay waste management bill.

I've heard of municipalities where this is the case (you negotiate directly with a trash company). I've never lived in one though. I'm sure you could find specific examples pretty easily.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 8:23pm On Jun 17, 2011
kabukabu50:

He cant help it because he is too busy uplifting his sorry excuse of a slum grin grin grin, Thats ok perhaps I'll ship him some extra durable raincoats

I'm not asking you not to come up with your lies and the clownish grin, just know that I'm here to expose your lies and ignorance.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by kabukabu50(m): 8:25pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

I've heard of municipalities where this is the case (you negotiate directly with a trash company). I've never lived in one though. I'm sure you could find specific examples pretty easily.

Politicians in nigeria WANT to control everything, you think they would allow privitisation and the free market to come in and take away their FEEDING BOTTLE grin grin grin grin grin grin, Can you imagine Beverly hills or the Hamptons in the US flooded like Dolphin estate in Lagos, what a DISGRACE. grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by jmaine: 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2011
Someone is sticking to the advice i gave him to just stick to just pasting pictures and articles to butress some useleess points . .even more interesting when he is currently exhibiting his stvpidity in a grand fashion for every one to identify and classify him for the aberrant fool for which he is  . .
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by kabukabu50(m): 8:27pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

I'm not asking you not to come up with your lies and the clownish grin, just know that I'm here to expose your lies and ignorance.

Here is your clownish grin, womanliness

Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

lmao. Olodo trying to feel among. Your contribution in this thread are all lies.

You have nothing to contribute but lies, I'm trying to ignore you here. Please stay ignored.
SMH. From one error to another. Keep embarrassing ur self.
1. U said my contributions are all lies right? Ask any Lagosian to tell u if it rained today in Lagos or not. Remember i told u this in the op. 2. Was lagos flooded today or not? Is that also a lie? 3. Ur man Bola Tinubu knows that we have flooding challenges in Lagos, did he embark on land reclamation at ilubirin opposite dolphin estate in Ikoyi or not? U are yet to debunk the recommendations given by UNESCO regarding tackling the flooding of Lagos centred on re-chaneling of the drainages and concreting some existing ones. Will these be done by citizen or the state?
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2011
satani22:

SMH. From one error to another. Keep embarrassing your self.
1. U said my contributions are all lies right? Ask any Lagosian to tell u if it rained today in Lagos or not. Remember i told u this in the op. 2. Was lagos flooded today or not? Is that also a lie? 3. your man Bola Tinubu knows that we have flooding challenges in Lagos, did he embark on land reclamation at ilubirin opposite dolphin estate in Ikoyi or not? U are yet to debunk the recommendations given by UNESCO regarding tackling the flooding of Lagos centred on re-chaneling of the drainages and concreting some existing ones. Will these be done by citizen or the state?

lmao. Like seriously Duhhhhh. It's the rainy season in Lagos so it's gonna rain. You are not revealing any new info my friend.

Your lies about the Lagos state not building drainage is what I'm talking about. That was a lie.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by ronkebp(f): 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2011
Satani22 your name, will not let you see the good that Fashola is doing for lagos state,if you were bearing jesus or mohammed now, you will see the good, if you are very emotional about the way lagos is, carry bucket call your troops and pack the water there, after all that Nigeria/ Lagos is for everybody, you can be a 'living drainage' for lagos state. Instead of calling peoples post (infact, my post) ignorant.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 8:46pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

lmao. Like seriously Duhhhhh. It's the rainy season in Lagos so it's gonna rain. You are not revealing any new info my friend.

Your lies about the Lagos state not building drainage is what I'm talking about. That was a lie.

no qualms. Let me pretend to agreeing with u that im a liar. What do u have to say about all the recommendations of UNESCO about tackling Lagos flood which i posted earlier? Will it(they) be implemented by the state or the citizens?
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2011
satani22:

no qualms. Let me pretend to agreeing with u that im a liar. What do u have to say about all the recommendations of UNESCO about tackling Lagos flood which i posted earlier? Will it(they) be implemented by the state or the citizens?

You don't have to agree with me, you lie. Period.

I didn't see any UNESCO post, re-post it here.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2011
ronkebp:

Satani22 your name, will not let you see the good that Fashola is doing for lagos state,if you were bearing jesus or mohammed now, you will see the good, if you are very emotional about the way lagos is, carry bucket call your troops and pack the water there, after all that Nigeria/ Lagos is for everybody, you can be a 'living drainage' for lagos state. Instead of calling peoples post (infact, my post) ignorant.
thats y satanist are better than religious folks. I commended fashola to be the best governor ever in Lagos beside Alhaji Jakande, but as per flooding, the guy must do more. My car was flooded today and havent started all through the day why water spoilt the brain box which would cost N35,000 to fix. Thats not fair on me na. Tell Fashola to do more Abeg
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2011
@op, are those pictures from across Lagos are those pictures from just one part in Lagos. There was nothing like flooding in the part of Lagos i stay.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

You don't have to agree with me, you lie. Period.

I didn't see any UNESCO post, re-post it here.
stop playing pranks with me. Im a proper Yoruba man from Ikorodu in Lagos. Can u show me in any of my posts on this thread wherein i DIRECTLY OR EXPRESSLY stated that Lagos state govt having contructed drainages? If u failed to show any direct post of mine, then u are a pathetic liar. U are free to review all my posts on this thread. U are pretending not to have seen the UNESCO link. Never mind, i will repost in seconds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP's Presidential Aspirants Resolve To Support Whoever Emerges / Complete All Ambode's Projects Before Starting New Ones, Sagay Tells Sanwo-olu / A Senator Earns N12m Yearly - RMAFC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.