Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! (19594 Views)

Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics) / Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation / Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by finevicode(m): 1:50am On Aug 08, 2007
which one do you ve? tongue
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 08, 2007
I pity all of you because ignorance is really a disease. Please tell me that Moslems don't bear Maryam which is a Hausa version of Mary or Hauwa which means Eve or dauda which means David or Musa which means Moses, or Adamu which means Adam. Our President must be guilty of being a christain in disguise for bearing the name Musa alias Moses.
As for not stepping into a Church before I will not even dignify your response because You accussing me i can't see the good church going has done to you.
If you are that botrhered go ask my Pastor for The church attendant list.
Bunch of educated illiterates
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 08, 2007
aisha2:

Bunch of educated illiterates

what do you expect from a bunch of frothing Islamophobics? Spending so much time 'researching' and hating on Islam and so little time on their own religion(maybe thats how they expect to enter heaven)

go over their posts, they constantly twist logic as long as they can score brownie points in their never ending game
( how many muslims can I piss off today?) ask them how many muslims they have converted(for that matter, how many lapsed christians have they brought back to the fold?)

question:so what names do christian and jewish arabs use? or do you actually think they go about calling themselves david ,peter etal?

the PTH(duh) sense: I see Sharia!people can't see it, but its encroaching on all of us!

Govt :women must wear trousers! PTH: Sharia!!!!Stop the muslim imperialists!!
Govt :men must stop weaving their hair! PTH: Sharia!!!!Stop the muslim imperialists!!
thief flogged for stealing! PTH: Sharia!!!!Stop the muslim imperialists!!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2007
Like I said before, I PiTy this PTH individual.

Britain has banned smoking in public places including pubs and people like PTH will still claim it is Sharia!

Shebi it was Sharia that banned holding of hands in Covenant University?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by phill4luv: 9:18am On Aug 08, 2007
hello every one,i can see u all or most of u wants girls to stop putting on trousers,than if u all whats to stop it first come to my area and stop my area girl.i love girl on trousers.said by latatabrown co.in case if any girl [16-18] yrs that like to put on trousers wants to know me just call me.08064768269
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by jones77(m): 10:33am On Aug 08, 2007
lol, looks like this mr KARAYE is one of the great grand son of muhamudu,, does he really know what is islam? i guess he is just one of the O YES members,, U GUYS SHOULD BE SOFT ON HIM BEFORE HE DROPA BOMB IN THE MIDST OF PPL IN THE NAME OF HOLY WAY JUST LIKE OTHERS;
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by iorhenter(m): 10:49am On Aug 08, 2007
@ Manta

u sef na wao! where did u get ur own news nah? can u tell me more?

@ karaye

why hunt for what u can't kill? why start a war u can't finish?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 08, 2007
@phill4luv
look at this nairalandbite

you just come with your 3 post and you wann yarn nonsense hiss.

Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 08, 2007
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by blackchief(m): 11:09am On Aug 08, 2007
when some pple seat in one location of the county and pass judgment on issue that their due not understand. how can someone in his/her right mind think that benue is an islamic state. banding of trousers in Nigeria is it the 1st time we are hearing of it in Nigeria.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by romeo(m): 11:12am On Aug 08, 2007
denex:

ARABIC IS A LANGUAGE, ARABIC IS NOT A RELIGION!

The meaning of Aisha is: ALIVE AND WELL. Is that muslim or is it Christian?

Why do people like to thing ignorantly? ENGLISH NAMES ARE NOT CHRISTIAN NAMES!

What is wrong with people. My friend's name is Seun Fatogun. Why don't you people say he is a Shango worshipper just because he doesn't have an english name.

Some people are dull. Some people are really very, very dull and enormously stupid.

I'm seriously getting tired of this Nairaland. Also, muslim women started wearing trousers in order to dress decent centuries before European women took it as a fashion statement.

hahaha when you say some people are enormously stupid and dull, where you referring to yourself? i was thinking that by now you must have learned a lot from Nairaland and now you want to leave nairaland without learning nothing undecided

English names are not Christian names if we are talking about their Surnames!! but the first names are mostly Christian names (Paul,John,Timothy,Samuel,David,Joseph, etc etc) and that's what most of us inherited as Christians.

When somebody is named Aisha or Ali, it must mean a lot to the people that named you Aisha or Ali for them to do so and i will not expect a moslem to be called Moses when there is an Islamic version of Moses(Musa) and somebody was pointing out the Mary and Maryam connection, fine! Christians are called Mary and moslems are called Maryam, i hope you catch the difference and Aisha is a highly religious and respected name in Islam
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 08, 2007
All of you who have beef with my name, the solution is simple; Write a protest letter to my Father or rather send him a query to explain within 24 hrs why he gave his daughter an arabic name.
Case closed
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by oge4real(f): 11:51am On Aug 08, 2007
God have mercy shocked shocked.I think something should be done immediately to curb the exceses of these political dictators.
what does bad roads,lack of electricity,poverty and diseases have to do with trousers? embarassed
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by moirme: 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2007
Can u imagine pastor adeboye too has converted into a muslim, he has been forced by the imperialists northern muslims to ban women from wearing trousers to redeem can u imagine. Comments please

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3228
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2007
@romeo

When I said some people are very dull, I was refering to you. I didn't say somebody was dull when refering to you, I said some people are dull because your level of dullness is so alarming, I can't believe it's all from one person.

Anyway, if you can take time out for a little recess, please give us the "christian" version of the name Aisha. Or should she just call herself "Aliveandwell"?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by moirme: 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2007
The comissioner of police of benue state is also a muslim, now i know why they have banned trousers, he is taking orders from the sultan.

However, the Benue State Commissioner of Police, Prince Udom Ekpoudon ,
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by iyken(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2007
grin another one bites the dust.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by wendymanda: 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2007
Aren't their some female Nigerian Lawyers who can protest this ridiculous law? Maybe a woman should wear trousers and after she is brutalized by the police she can get help from Amnesty International. I know the idiots in charge don't want negative attention from the west.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2007
@wendymanda

women in Nigeria always wait for men to fight for their rights. That's one of the problems we're having.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by laudate: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2007
denex:

@romeo

When I said some people are very dull, I was refering to you. I didn't say somebody was dull when refering to you, I said some people are dull because your level of dullness is so alarming, I can't believe it's all from one person.

Anyway, if you can take time out for a little recess, please give us the "christian" version of the name Aisha. Or should she just call herself "Aliveandwell"?

Oh, you have just had an encounter with romeo, the resident eccentric, shallow twerp on Nairaland. ask him to give you the English or Christian version of Aisha. Am sure he has probably seen it somewhere. . . . . .who knows?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by wendymanda: 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2007
women in Nigeria always wait for men to fight for their rights. That's one of the problems we're having.

Well this is the time they need to break out of that cacoon. Since men are the ones infringing on womens rights it really wouldn't be a good idea to wait for them. Sometimes it seems that Nigerian women are still living under the belief that women and children "should be seen and not heard." This only works if your deaf and dumb, and when your seen and not heard like a door mat it's easy to be trampled upon. No one knows or cares when a door mat is in pain.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by doyin13(m): 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2007
Nigerian men living in Nigeria must have little joysticks

That is how they concoct all this chauvinistic schemes

grin grin grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by wendymanda: 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2007

I never thought about it that way, but this explanation makes sense.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by ne4real(f): 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2007
nnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by uchetobi(f): 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2007
This is just pure thrash, pure thrash, at what age will someone still be dictating what to wear to adults
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by redsun(m): 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2007
In a world where religion is the order of the day,progress is in hiding.Children are brought up abused and deceived by brainwashing them with outdated and unworkable ideas that are practically of no use in the real world and children being the leaders of tomorrow,grow up to be and this leaders are what we have today,with mentallity of three year olds,nothing constructive or creative,rather you have illusions,thus we have policies like women not dressing the way they choose and total break down of the system.Until we begin to see the world as a place we can dominate through our own reasoning and efforts,we can never make a head way,we will remain in a vicious circle of ignorance,from generation to generation.It is really unimaginable to think that a country that calls herself the giant of africa is arresting women for choosing to dress the way they want,just like the talibans of afganistan.Religion is a tactics use by the propagators to totally defaced reality in the mind of the adherents,the common man,so that they don't question their atrocities.People should resist them with the last drop their blood,the only option is progress,this people have to go,they have no choice.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2007
doyin13:

grin grin grin

lol?
do they grow longer and fatter after emigration. lipsrsealed
you people no go kill me with laughter.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by wendymanda: 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2007
I too believe that resistance is the key but it is easier said than done. I also know that reasoning is out of the question. But this law is one of the most backwards attempt I have seen in a long time. I wonder if this government realizes that this is the year 2007
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2007
I'm planning a trip to naija soon so please people should update those of us away from the homeland on the proper dressing while landing at Murtala Muhammad.
I need to know whether to wear my regular jeans and shirt or order a fashionable burqua from afghanistan. grin
I would very much appreciate this.
My body can't handle 25 lashes of koboko by a hungry and frustrated policeman. grin
or worst of all,a night in a rat infested jail with rapists called policemen and watery beans for brunch,I don't eat beans grin grin grin.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by doyin13(m): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2007
@babyosisi

It is a recent phenomenon.

Climate change and all that

grin grin grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2007
doyin13:

@babyosisi

It is a recent phenomenon.

Climate change and all that

grin grin grin

OSANOBUA!!
Is that why our men are tripping over themselves at the US embassy?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2007
That explains it.
I see some Nigerian men in America and I say to myself,what is this man doing here?
not much education,can't speak properly,driving cabs or doing menial jobs for years.
Now I know some may actually come solely to "enhance" themselves.ROFL

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

APC Cloning Voter's Cards In Lagos ‘office’ – DSS / FG Appoints 5 New Directors, General Manager For NCAA / Southern Governors Wives Visit Aregbesola (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.