Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,788 members, 7,813,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage (17926 Views)

Stingy And Abusive Baby Dady! / Man Seeks Advice On How To Deal With A Wife That Gets Violent And Abusive / 17 Year Old Girl Killed By Obsessed And Abusive Ex-boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by MadeINchenzen2: 7:11am On Apr 10, 2022
The only thing that matters in any relationship or marriage is a person's sanity and well being, There is no other thing that stands high above that... be it love, wealth, Children, family ties, oath, religion, culture or tradition.

Nobody deserves to be verbally or physically abused in any relationship or marriage. If you begin to see that sign in your partner during relationships, its a red flag... do not assume they'll change with time or think u can change him or her. Pls run, don't make the mistake of accepting to marry a person after getting those fillers.

Do not listen to any so called pastor or imam and their preachings, instructing you to do otherwise.

#SayNoToDomesticViolence

Pls take note

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Lalami3232(m): 7:14am On Apr 10, 2022
If all men say make dem quit abusive relationships/marriages, how many women go dey husband house or get relationships? Do you know what men swallow from 9ja women? But we no just dey wan blow trumpet about am. The excessive demand of money wey una dey give us na domestic abuse oooo. Even the "expanded" toto wey we dey need drill for una is a form of abuse. Toto go big like local first aid box due to una reckless lifestyle. The potty food wey most men dey have to manage to eat everyday for house na a form of abuse. Anyways, make I dey go church so I go pray to meet a virgin wey sabi cook.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "aside your mama and papa, nobody want make you better pass am for this life"

141 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by BlackSheriff: 7:19am On Apr 10, 2022
Agreed to
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by MadamVanessa(f): 7:23am On Apr 10, 2022
shocked

God gave me the wisdom to quit mine since. Though blessed with two lovely kids, but I have no regret that I made that decision of leaving such a worthless idiotic marriage. Poor him, he's walking around with just one ball in his scrotum. I destroyed one with my fury kickgrin he nearly died that day.shocked

That action of mine towards him till date I am not regretting at all. I have lost so much in the hand of my ex husband which time won't permit me to say it all. I wouldn't say I was a perfect wife, no, I wasn't, I have my flaws too, but despite my flaws I tried all I could to make my marriage work. I am not happy because I am a divorcee, it's not something I am proud of. But sometimes something doesn't worth the stress,the abused and the insults so one had to let it go.

I won't say much regarding this, but the bold step I took to quit the marriage save my life till this moment. The second wife he took will probably not give birth again in this life because he hit the poor lady and damaged everything in her tommy, it was a miracle that she survived it and she too kissed the marriage goodbye after she survived. That was wisdom on her own part.

84 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Jeon(f): 7:27am On Apr 10, 2022
grin
WAHALA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by MadeINchenzen2: 7:27am On Apr 10, 2022
Lalami3232:
If all men say make dem quit abusive relationships/marriages, how many women go dey husband house or get relationships? Do you know what men swallow from 9ja women? But we no just dey wan blow trumpet about am. The excessive demand of money wey una dey give us na domestic abuse oooo. Even the "expanded" toto wey we dey need drill for una is a form of abuse. Toto go big like local first aid box due to una reckless lifestyle. The potty food wey most men dey have to manage to eat everyday for house na a form of abuse. Anyways, make I dey go church so I go pray to meet a virgin wey sabi cook.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "aside your mama and papa, nobody want make you better pass am for this life"
I wish it was possible to send an electronic slap (E-slap) over the Internet... you for collect grin

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by bibianna(f): 8:16am On Apr 10, 2022
People in abusive relationships pls you can save your lives by walking away.

You should plan your escape with your trusted friend or someone that cares.

Love is not violent!!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by ABBkelvin(m): 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
For the stubborn men that will eventually end up getting married, this is my solitary advice for you; be the centre/originator of evil and chaos in your relationship/marriage.

wicked/evil men are liable to live longer. cool cool cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Rhado: 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
This is how marriages should be. 2 shall become 1.

16 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
There is a reason for the word "courtship".

Before jumping into marriage, get to know your prospective life partner and decide if their limitations which you have observed while courting can be tolerated by you for the rest of your life.

Have an honest conversation about your observations and concerns to the other party and if those concerns are not addressed, then you already know what to expect when you end up as married couples.

Do not ignore all the red flags observed during courtship due to other primordial considerations such as short term benefits while sacrificing your future happiness.

Self appraisal remains the best advice ever and any contributions from any individual or religious figures are nothing but an opinion and they're not sacrosanct.

11 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Abaman001(m): 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
The biggest challenge in today marriages and relationships in Nigeria are caused by feminism a.k.a man and woman are equal mentality, copying from the western lifestyle forgetting that cultures and environmental lifestyle differs from region to region across the globe
I'm not by any means trying to support any form of abuse in a relationship whether from male or from the female, the question we should be asking is why did our parents in past call it in the early days succeeded than the modem generation with all the so called education and marriage counselings, our parents in the past did not go into any form of marriage counselings yet they succeeded in all their marriages. Today if you visit marriage registration centers or data's you will be surprised to see that people coming to seek for divorce are more compared to those seeking to unite....it's really worrisome that people no longer want to be submissive and loyal to their partners, people are more interested in the material things than true love or commitment to their marriages, marriage is not all about bed of roses and fun fairs, it's about commitment, dedication, mutual understanding and love, cares and above all respect to one another, anybody who told you man and woman are equal is only trying to destroy you, even God almighty did not make it so, that is why he made the man the head of the family as Christ is the head of the church, sister don't let anyone deceived you......God never created man and woman at the same time, one came before the other.....

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Btruth: 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hummm
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by BusinessPlan22: 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
Marriage is not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Karlovich: 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
embarassed Do not date unproductive individuals as well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Romanoff(f): 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
Until we stop shaming single mothers or divorcees, there are people that would rather stay in abusive relationships and be praying and watching war room than to leave with their lives intact just to avoid the backlash of the society.

"She no fit stay husband house", "na waka waka dey hungry her".

Etc.

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by excomarow(m): 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
cheesy
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ladies should take this advice seriously angry

Once you notice you are being abused both physically and verbally in your relationship, you don't need a prophet to tell you to leave!
Don't try to change the person and No second chance

Cos Men of nowadays are so childish and violent, especially all these wannabe redpillarsembarassed

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Izecson3D(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Mariangeles(f): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
bibianna:
People in abusive relationships pls you can save your lives by walking away.

You should plan your escape with your trusted friend or someone that cares.

Love is not violent!!

Most could actually just walk away if they wanted to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Articul8(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hey! With allof these things about marriage trending, should people not just marry and stay happy? Cos for me,I think it is impossible for 2different people to come together and not have issues at all. So should we just leave at the slightest issue?

I just need clarification. Where do we draw the line? I understand abuse isn't just physical,it can be emotional too. Shouldn't we try at all? Is it guaranteed our spouses wouldn't do anything closeto that at some point?

3 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by JosephXavier: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
R
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Peredu: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
True that...it could lead to damages
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by tolani91: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Quit toxic platforms too. Platforms that promotes tribal hatred, religious intolerance, creates enemies among citizens through tribalism all because of traffic.

A capital example is Nairaland. I left nairaland for the past few years because I was tired of how nairaland and Seun promotes hate among Nigerians. Seun promotes calling Nigerians all manner of names. If I read front page articles on nairaland, it saddens my heart. How young Nigerians are living in so much hate for each other.

Imagine those supporting USA in the Ukraine/Russia war. You need to see how they insult their fellow Nigerians for a war that doesn’t even concern them.

Quit toxic platforms for your sanity

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by tctrills: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
The only thing that matters in any relationship or marriage is a person's sanity and well being, There is no other thing that stands high above that... be it love, wealth, Children, family ties, oath, religion, culture or tradition.

Nobody deserves to be verbally or physically abused in any relationship or marriage. If you begin to see that sign in your partner during relationships, its a red flag... do not assume they'll change with time or think u can change him or her. Pls run, don't make the mistake of accepting to marry a person after getting those fillers.

Do not listen to any so called pastor or imam and their preachings, instructing you to do otherwise.

#SayNoToDomesticViolence

Pls take note
What if quitting such a marriage means going without a livelihood or even a place to lay your head?

4 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by DropsMic(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
pLEASE DONT.. COMMIT YOUR MARRIAGE TO GOD INSTEAD.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by MrCGPA(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Life is the most precious. It's very important to always try and see possible RED CARDS in any body before marriage. Both Men and Women should take Note.

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by ritzyvic1(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Dizzyyish: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lalami3232:

I remember someone said "if all men slightly raise their standards, most women would be single." Women are the opposite of men in many ways. Whereas a man wants peace of mind in a relationship; a woman wants (toxic) drama to keep her emotionally stimulated.

https://www.nairaland.com/6940959/women-essentially-children-waec

11 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Proudlycanadian: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Some women simply like men who beat them. These attitudes don't just start in marriage. It begins in the courtship

3 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by OgunkeelAllMod: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Marriage na waste of time .no longer worth the effort.those bitcheez ain't loya anyway ..just get the punna and let them be undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

World richest Kingtblakhoc Poses With His Sex Object / Top 12 Sexiest Nigerian Slayqueens On Instagram / Ladies Pay And Queue To Take A Picture With A Man Big joystick (pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.