Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,911 members, 7,835,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage (17976 Views)

Stingy And Abusive Baby Dady! / Man Seeks Advice On How To Deal With A Wife That Gets Violent And Abusive / 17 Year Old Girl Killed By Obsessed And Abusive Ex-boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by NaijaCover(m): 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lalami3232:
If all men say make dem quit abusive relationships/marriages, how many women go dey husband house or get relationships? Do you know what men swallow from 9ja women? But we no just dey wan blow trumpet about am. The excessive demand of money wey una dey give us na domestic abuse oooo. Even the "expanded" toto wey we dey need drill for una is a form of abuse. Toto go big like local first aid box due to una reckless lifestyle. The potty food wey most men dey have to manage to eat everyday for house na a form of abuse. Anyways, make I dey go church so I go pray to meet a virgin wey sabi cook.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "aside your mama and papa, nobody want make you better pass am for this life"

Nothing No Go See ooooo
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Krismas(m): 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2022
Izecson3D:
tongue
grin U can wakeup 2moro and 100 USD go turn 30. Like u no sabi inflation?
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by SugarGirl44(f): 5:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
tctrills:

What if quitting such a marriage means going without a livelihood or even a place to lay your head?

That's why as a woman, you should never think of getting married without a good source of income.
If not, you'll endure all sorts of bullsh1t in the guise of love.
Neither should any man born of a woman ask you to quit your job, it's a way of tying you down for life.

In worst case, she can move in with relatives or friends temporarily.

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Apr 10, 2022
Noblewealth:
That old saying which goes by,"marriage is for better for worst" is a false teaching and which has sent many women into their early grave. Some would say, they are still with the man cos of their children... Is it not better to leave than to die in it.. cos after your demise the children will live fine and thrive without their mother..

And for those telling some ladies to leave their abusive relationship, abeg if they leave where would they get their upkeep money..

No matter how you advice some women, they are like slaves who like it chains..
You mean it is better to be dead than to be destitute for a time? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Shadysen: 5:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
Una dey discourage we wey never marry o...
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by treatise: 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2022
Does this submission apply to men? This became necessary because "abusive marriage" is usually viewed from the woman's side of isles.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2022
is stupid to think that the person u married is going to love u unconditionally, especially Nigerian women, when u re falling in love with a Nigerian girl u need to fall with ur head, I guess is poverty that made nigeria girls they way they are, dependents, leeches, parasites, manipulative and arrogant in abject poverty

5 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by tctrills: 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2022
SugarGirl44:

That's why as a woman, you should never think of getting married without a good source of income.
If not, you'll endure all sorts of bullsh1t in the guise of love.
Neither should any man born of a woman ask you to quit your job, it's a way of tying you down for life.
Its not practicable in Nigeria. A good percentage of the population live below poverty. For many, a marriage could be an improvement on the financial state. This article is basically for the privileged ones with more choices in life.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by OgunkeelAllMod: 5:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]

Beast!
y'all even more BEASTLY!you deserve every slap ,left hook,jab,and BLOW you can get undecided
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Electrochemistry(m): 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
Articul8:
Hey! With allof these things about marriage trending, should people not just marry and stay happy? Cos for me,I think it is impossible for 2different people to come together and not have issues at all. So should we just leave at the slightest issue?

I just need clarification. Where do we draw the line? I understand abuse isn't just physical,it can be emotional too. Shouldn't we try at all? Is it guaranteed our spouses wouldn't do anything closeto that at some point?

Just get your own rib. Marrying the wrong wife is hell.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Saintmary(f): 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

God gave me the wisdom to quit mine since. Though blessed with two lovely kids, but I have no regret that I made that decision of leaving such a worthless idiotic marriage. Poor him, he's walking around with just one ball in his scrotum. I destroyed one with my fury kickgrin he nearly died that day o.shocked

That action of mine towards him till date I am not regretting at all. I have lost so much in the hand of my ex husband which time won't permit me to say it all. I wouldn't say I was a perfect wife, no, I wasn't, I have my flaws too, but despite my flaws I tried all I could to make my marriage work. I am not happy because I am a divorcee, it's not something I am proud of. But sometimes something doesn't worth the stress,the abused and insults so one had to let it go.

I won't say much regarding this, but the bold step I took to quit the marriage save my life till this moment. The second wife the he took would probably not give birth again in this life because he hit the poor lady and damaged everything in her tommy, it was a miracle that she survived it and she too kissed the marriage goodbye after she survived. That was wisdom on her own part.

For you to post this on Nairaland, you are very strong.

This life is not perfect, and we have to live it the best way we can.

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by RPG2020(m): 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
I wish it was possible to send an electronic slap (E-slap) over the Internet... you for collect grin

But DHL dey carry slap if you wan send am through them 2hours delivery estimate time
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Mariangeles(f): 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2022
[s]
OgunkeelAllMod:
y'all even more BEASTLY!you deserve every slap ,left hook,jab,and BLOW you can get undecided
[/s]

Mark my words; life has a way of serving you a dishful of what you wish/do for/to others.

3 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Dearlord(m): 6:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

God gave me the wisdom to quit mine since. Though blessed with two lovely kids, but I have no regret that I made that decision of leaving such a worthless idiotic marriage. Poor him, he's walking around with just one ball in his scrotum. I destroyed one with my fury kickgrin he nearly died that day o.shocked

That action of mine towards him till date I am not regretting at all. I have lost so much in the hand of my ex husband which time won't permit me to say it all. I wouldn't say I was a perfect wife, no, I wasn't, I have my flaws too, but despite my flaws I tried all I could to make my marriage work. I am not happy because I am a divorcee, it's not something I am proud of. But sometimes something doesn't worth the stress,the abused and insults so one had to let it go.

I won't say much regarding this, but the bold step I took to quit the marriage save my life till this moment. The second wife he took would probably not give birth again in this life because he hit the poor lady and damaged everything in her tommy, it was a miracle that she survived it and she too kissed the marriage goodbye after she survived. That was wisdom on her own part.

Hiya!!!
Where una dey jamme this kind of men?
Sorry for u OOO it's well with you
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by MadamExcellency: 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
Continue marrying for love without definition. Most marriages are all about money because money covers most deficiencies.

If you can't trust him/her, never marry him/her.

Love is secondary to marriage. Good upbringing, sobriety, self-control et al comes first.

2 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by oshaosha2014(m): 6:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Was there any physical abuse in war room.

Romanoff:
Until we stop shaming single mothers or divorcees, there are people that would rather stay in abusive relationships and be praying and watching war room than to leave with their lives intact just to avoid the backlash of the society.

"She no fit stay husband house", "na waka waka dey hungry her".

Etc.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Romanoff(f): 6:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
oshaosha2014:
Was there any physical abuse in war room.

No. I'm just using it as a reference for marital issues.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by oshaosha2014(m): 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ah okay

Romanoff:

No. I'm just using it as a reference for marital issues.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by abbey621(m): 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
The problem we have nowadays is when you think of toxic relationships it is almost always seen from the angle of the man being at fault. The man is too controlling, he is violent, he is stingy, he is a drunkard, he sleeps around etc. Everything is lumped together whereby the traditional role of men being protective cannot be separated from men being beasts.

When you flip the script and talk about women being controlling, manipulative and at times violent, we hardly hear anyone bat an eye because it does not fit the narrative. Men are supposed to be the beast, women are supposed to be on the receiving end, it shouldn't be reversed.

Finally, I would like to make an important distinction, couples argue, couples fight(verbally/physically), these things happen whether we like it or not but the inability to differientate between a simple fight and constant abuse is why we have many women and at times men meeting their untimely death. When we say leave toxic relationships, let's be specific please, if everyone got up and left at the first sign of toxicity or their perception of toxicity such as when he shouts, when she nags, when he cheats, when she calls him a deadbeat and so on then what's the point of marriage?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by OgunkeelAllMod: 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]

Mark my words; life has a way of serving you a dish full of what you wish/do for/to others.
you deserve every BLOW you can get undecided...oya drop another trash
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Hartugrin27(m): 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

That action of mine towards him till date I am not regretting at all. I have lost so much in the hand of my ex husband which time won't permit me to say it all. I wouldn't say I was a perfect wife, no, I wasn't, I have my flaws too, but despite my flaws I tried all I could to make my marriage work. I am not happy because I am a divorcee, it's not something I am proud of. But sometimes something doesn't worth the stress,the abused and the insults so one had to let it go.

I won't say much regarding this, but the bold step I took to quit the marriage save my life till this moment. The second wife he took will probably not give birth again in this life because he hit the poor lady and damaged everything in her tommy, it was a miracle that she survived it and she too kissed the marriage goodbye after she survived. That was wisdom on her own part.

I hate it weneva I heard or read about husband beating deirs wives....I hate it
Gosh!!!, Dose men r idiots n lifeless..
My father never beat or raise his hands on my mum till date (38yrs marriage)..I'll always b like my father

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by SeriouslySense(m): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
Quit both smiley smiley smiley If there is no love, respect and understanding, there is no marriage or relationship.

It better to be alone, than to be in any.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Hartugrin27(m): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
byrron:
There is a reason for the word "courtship".

Before jumping into marriage, get to know your prospective life partner and decide if their limitations which you have observed while courting can be tolerated by you for the rest of your life.

Have and honest conversation about your observations and concerns to the other party and if those concerns are not addressed, then you already know what to expect when you end up as married couples.

Do not ignore all the red flags observed during courtship due to other primordial considerations such as short term benefits while sacrificing your future happiness.

Self appraisal remains the best advice ever and any contributions from any individual or religious figures are nothing but an opinion and they're not sacrosanct.

I agreed buh not � cos human can pretend till dey become husband n wife ..
The only prayer is to marry d rite one
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by wowmenow: 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

That action of mine towards him till date I am not regretting at all. I have lost so much in the hand of my ex husband which time won't permit me to say it all. I wouldn't say I was a perfect wife, no, I wasn't, I have my flaws too, but despite my flaws I tried all I could to make my marriage work. I am not happy because I am a divorcee, it's not something I am proud of. But sometimes something doesn't worth the stress,the abused and the insults so one had to let it go.

I won't say much regarding this, but the bold step I took to quit the marriage save my life till this moment. The second wife he took will probably not give birth again in this life because he hit the poor lady and damaged everything in her tommy, it was a miracle that she survived it and she too kissed the marriage goodbye after she survived. That was wisdom on her own part.

Women lie and speak the most after divorce

You will be shocked if we ask the husband of this woman the other side of the story

From her write up don’t be shocked that her marriage collapse because the husband caught her cheating with another man

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Hartugrin27(m): 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
SilentQueen:
Ladies should take this advice seriously angry

Once you notice you are being abused both physically and verbally in your relationship, you don't need a prophet to tell you to leave!
Don't try to change the person and No second chance

Cos Men of nowadays are so childish and violent, especially all these wannabe redpillarsembarassed

Agbas!!
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by wowmenow: 6:31pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hartugrin27:

I hate it weneva I heard or read about husband beating deirs wives....I hate it
Gosh!!!, Dose men r idiots n lifeless..
My father never beat or raise his hands on my mum till date (38yrs marriage)..I'll always b like my father

Instead of bragging just pray you did not
Meet a woman that will provoke you in life.

You are a kid to know what your father passed through for 38 years of marriage wait until you get married for 10 years you will know the meaning of women

3 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by wowmenow: 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
abbey621:
The problem we have nowadays is when you think of toxic relationships it is almost always seen from the angle of the man being at fault. The man is too controlling, he is violent, he is stingy, he is a drunkard, he sleeps around etc. Everything is lumped together whereby the traditional role of men being protective cannot be separated from men being beasts.

When you flip the script and talk about women being controlling, manipulative and at times violent, we hardly hear anyone bat an eye because it does not fit the narrative. Men are supposed to be the beast, women are supposed to be on the receiving end, it shouldn't be reversed.

Finally, I would like to make an important distinction, couples argue, couples fight(verbally/physically), these things happen whether we like it or not but the inability to differientate between a simple fight and constant abuse is why we have many women and at times men meeting their untimely death. When we say leave toxic relationships, let's be specific please, if everyone got up and left at the first sign of toxicity or their perception of toxicity such as when he shouts, when she nags, when he cheats, when she calls him a deadbeat and so on then what's the point of marriage?

You just write everything in my mind when we here abusive relationship we only look at the men part of it.

The gospel singer that died more information is coming out on how the husband caught her cheating with another gospel artist frank Edward.

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Fannydanny(f): 6:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
Domestic violence seems to be on the rise this days........ Most of them go unreported because the victims are not celebs..... I really do wish that women in general will learn from the mistakes around and not fall victims anymore. It is disheartening to say the least seeing or hearing about someone been killed by their partners. #saytodomesticviolence

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by abbey621(m): 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
wowmenow:

You just write everything in my mind when we here abusive relationship we only look at the men part of it.

The gospel singer that died more information is coming out on how the husband caught her cheating with another gospel artist frank Edward.

Hmmm.....Even at that, the man should have just left her, I prefer he disgraced her publicly than beating her and ending her life. Now the guy has finished himself as well and the public will forever label him as a BEAST.

2 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by shaggy007(m): 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
When you were happily reciting for better or worse, what were you expecting?
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by PEXBlog(f): 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lalami3232:
If all men say make dem quit abusive relationships/marriages, how many women go dey husband house or get relationships? Do you know what men swallow from 9ja women? But we no just dey wan blow trumpet about am. The excessive demand of money wey una dey give us na domestic abuse oooo. Even the "expanded" toto wey we dey need drill for una is a form of abuse. Toto go big like local first aid box due to una reckless lifestyle. The potty food wey most men dey have to manage to eat everyday for house na a form of abuse. Anyways, make I dey go church so I go pray to meet a virgin wey sabi cook.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "aside your mama and papa, nobody want make you better pass am for this life"

What are you saying that is sweet in your mouth? We are talking ABC, you are reacting in Roman numerals?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls Pls Have Pity On Nigerian Men ( pics Added) / 7 Bible Verses That Proof Jesus Was A Black Man / Ladies Pay And Queue To Take A Picture With A Man Big joystick (pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.