Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,390 members, 7,812,151 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos (36043 Views)

A Street In Onitsha After Heavy Rain / Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Kano City (photos) / Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Fhemmmy: 1:35am On Jul 11, 2011
This is serious
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by LKRavitz(m): 1:39am On Jul 11, 2011
fix the drainage this is no ntural disaster.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by aljharem3: 1:40am On Jul 11, 2011
L. KRavitz:

fix the drainage this is no ntural disaster.

well said
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by EzeUche(m): 1:51am On Jul 11, 2011
aloy/emeka:

WE don't have the resources they have besides this is natural disaster and it happened in the US a month or two ago.

This is not a natural disaster and it could have been prevented. Nigeria does have the resources to prevent flooding. If the Dutch could do this in the Medieval Ages, why can't Nigeria do this in a modernized world? I do not want to hear excuses.

If you want to understand how the Dutch mastered flooding, just read this article. Most of The Netherland lies below sea level.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4847805
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by lastpage: 2:16am On Jul 11, 2011
Can somebody check on my house for me, l am so faraway from home! cry cry

I dont think anyone would even be able to locate my house sef, from the pictures l am seeing!

Be like say e go don float-away! shocked shocked

Now, l need to buy meself a "Big Boat", instead of building another house! grin grin grin
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 11, 2011
oh gosh is this lagos? Fashola is really working.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by fuqua: 2:25am On Jul 11, 2011
We all need to offer sacrifice to OSUN (OLOKUN) grin
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by aloyemeka1: 2:36am On Jul 11, 2011
lastpage:

Can somebody check on my house for me, l am so faraway from home! cry cry

Your fathers house or your house?. Where did you get the money to build house in Lagos?
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by manny4life(m): 2:37am On Jul 11, 2011
babaearly:

oh gosh is this lagos? Fashola is really working.

Sarcasm at its best!

This is serious, the Gov. should attend to drainage issues in the state; how can people be walking in a pool of water about half their waist? If someone accidentally falls to the floor and can't swim, that's instant death. For someone like me who has phobia for water, I don't think I wanna step foot in such, that will scare the hell outta me. Gov. Fashola, I know you are doing your best, but this needs attention right away.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Noghayin03(m): 3:05am On Jul 11, 2011
PEOPLE, Its not about ACN,improper planning or whatever.The rain this year is been predicted to wreck havoc on many Cities especially coaster areas.Watch out,more is yet to come.Annual rainfall has tripled.But lack of planning and relief arrangement will aggravate the suffering.OBA GHA TOKPERE.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Sicherheit(m): 3:17am On Jul 11, 2011
I don't think I will ever understand why anyone wants to live in Lagos. That state is a dump, they need to let it slip gently into the ocean that wants to swallow it so badly.

tpia@:

[img]http://lh3.ggpht.com/chauandrew/R0UZ5qe_s1I/AAAAAAAAA2s/VSrFkms4Mc4/s800/New+Orleans+House+on+Stilts.JPG[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_uGZ_cw1Juw8/SYVMa1yTO4I/AAAAAAAAKKk/QATLCSrb1nc/s320/house+on+stilts+whitehaven.jpg[/img]

These houses won't need rain before they collapse, just the heavy wind before the rain will do the job undecided

aloy/emeka:

WE don't have the resources they have besides this is natural disaster and it happened in the US a month or two ago.
You should have stopped your sentence after resources. undecided
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 3:25am On Jul 11, 2011
The rain dey vex ooo
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Sagewood: 3:30am On Jul 11, 2011
Lagos and other costal cities need a comprehensive plan for drainage, It will be expensive, it will be worth it for many years to come.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by EuroMeko(m): 3:32am On Jul 11, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Hogwash.

First, we have the resources, it's just being misused.

Secondly, you Guys need to stop comparing real disasters in the US that occurs very very rarely with a self induced calamity that occurs numerous times a years during the rainy season in most places in Nigeria.

I truly feel sorry for the innocent homeowners, businesses that surfer losses.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by darqly(m): 3:39am On Jul 11, 2011
Re-designing an already built-up environment, in this case a city, is ALWAYS costly business and nasty too! There's just not enough channels for the water to course thru,the few that are maintained have been stockpiled with garbage. Nature is a terrific force, nothing stands in her way oh. Some structures exist where they ought not to and need to be DEMOLISHED to make way for adequate and proper drainage systems. Now who has the guts to do what we all agree is the ONLY solution that can hold water ? (pardon the pun, couldn't help myself!)
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by tpia5: 3:45am On Jul 11, 2011
Sicherheit:

I don't think I will ever understand why anyone wants to live in Lagos. That state is a dump, they need to let it slip gently into the ocean that wants to swallow it so badly.
These houses won't need rain before they collapse, just the heavy wind before the rain will do the job undecided

wrong.

a hurricane would collapse them [and most houses regardless].

flooding will not, because they're above the water.

houses on stilts isnt a new concept.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by pereze: 4:34am On Jul 11, 2011
190:

Environmental planning is seriously needed in LAGOS

yet they would never consider that,

all they bother bout is building trains

look @ the lack of planning in thoes flooded areas

soon its tsunami they would witness not just floods undecided

Good to know you have started growing up, thumbs up son!
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by OmichaelO: 4:37am On Jul 11, 2011
its still beta there, y'all need to come this place.the canal is already filled, will post some pictures later today sad
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by moonraker(m): 4:42am On Jul 11, 2011
Jesus christ is a christian shocked shocked shocked cry cry
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by IykeD(m): 5:27am On Jul 11, 2011
Wow, this is really serious!
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by EEVICTOREE(m): 6:13am On Jul 11, 2011
More picturesss

Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by EEVICTOREE(m): 6:13am On Jul 11, 2011
More grin

Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by member479760: 6:16am On Jul 11, 2011
The traditional rulers of Lagos need to consult IFA, likewise, talk to their colleagues in Ibadan how dey solved OGUNPA disaster.

Again, natural disaster works destructively and their action cannot be 100% control with application of physical science, application of PS will only allows to forecast and take urgent action to save peoples lifes.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by donclemo(m): 6:30am On Jul 11, 2011
i think the government should buy Canoes so that people can navigate freely lol,
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by 190: 6:47am On Jul 11, 2011
pereze:

Good to know you have started growing up, thumbs up son!

Do i know you
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by sizzlers(m): 6:50am On Jul 11, 2011
i sence more heavy floods
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 11, 2011
This is very sad, my Lagos going under water. Lagos was never like this in the past even after it rains heavily. I don't know much about marine technology and stuff but I think all the land reclamation project here and there are the culprits. If the goverrnment cant effectively drain the mainland then how will they build a city in the sea  
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Jakumo(m): 7:00am On Jul 11, 2011
Hey Victor, I LOVE that shot of beer bar partons relaxing at a table almost afloat in flood waters, for it captures that unquenchable Nigerian spirit of "Sea Never Dry"  with such eloquence that I have now made that picture my profile wallpaper.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Ekpoma1: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2011
This is pathetic! I never knew Lagos could be this ugly. O'boy is jacuzal 4 everywhere. Serious work need 2 be done 2 curb this menace of flooding in the State. What is minister of environment doing sef?
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by JacobReamen(m): 7:21am On Jul 11, 2011
It's sometin that happens every yr so lagosian very ok with except u are a jjc
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by EEVICTOREE(m): 7:25am On Jul 11, 2011
Jakumo:

Hey Victor, I LOVE that shot of beer bar partons relaxing at a table almost afloat in flood waters, for it captures that unquenchable Nigerian spirit of "Sea Never Dry"  with such eloquence that I have now made that picture my profile wallpaper.

lolzz , God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Sike(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2011
That means it's high time we begin to purchase Canoe the same way we chase Cars or what'd y'all think?That means it's high time we begin to purchase Canoe the same way we chase Cars or what'd y'all think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senate Shut Down As Security Agencies Lay Siege On Presiding Officers Homes / Sanwo-Olu And Femi Hamzat Visit Buhari In Abuja - Photos / Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.