Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos (36044 Views)

A Street In Onitsha After Heavy Rain / Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Kano City (photos) / Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by kl2020: 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2011
that should be a white mans country, nigeria can never be beautiful as that, stop wasting ur time
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2011
this is terrible. i pray for the safety of all lagosians.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by EuroMeko(m): 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2011
The sight of this poor 911 in that condition brings ache to my heart. That machine should be cruisng a well prepared road instead of surfering like that. Who are the dum dums that brings these types of cars into this environment when you can easily buy an SUV instead?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/480211_FloodIlamoye-Street-Ijesha_jpgd60cc061da8a5f24c144aaa2698b4754[/img]
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by EuroMeko(m): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2011
Fela would be restless in his grave. So many years later we're still surfering and smiling.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/480302_269028_2066854344949_1052507350_2478470_5599296_n_jpgec6fe0a349e4edf6725202da7777f8a5
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Outstrip(f): 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2011
EuroMeko:

Fela would be restless in his grave. So many years later we're still surfering and smiling.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/480302_269028_2066854344949_1052507350_2478470_5599296_n_jpgec6fe0a349e4edf6725202da7777f8a5

That is Nigeria for you
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2011
^^^ OmGosh!!! What if there are snakes in the water or some blood sucking creature in there?? aarrrgghh shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by ezeagu(m): 8:33pm On Jul 11, 2011
Ah, ah. Hospital is there now.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Outstrip(f): 8:41pm On Jul 11, 2011
Outstrip:

That is Nigeria for you

I am pretty sure there are definitely nasty organisms in there. Since there is no actual drainage then it is safe to say they are basically sitting and eating in human waste and who knows what else
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by ezeagu(m): 8:45pm On Jul 11, 2011
And human waste, as in decomposed bodies.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Outstrip(f): 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2011
ezeagu:

And human waste, as in decomposed bodies.

As in S H I T
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by bizpreneur(m): 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2011
saxywale:

See my guy swimming front stroke in the lagos flood, shocked
Outstrip:

Na waa ooh, jst like a lake,wondr shal nevr end &our govnt seems 2 b alwys indifrent nd inprompt aganst ds knd of yrly flood dsastrs bt den again its a knd of spoilng bizns 4 d so call landlords/landladies in chrg because majrity of d tenants falld vctms of dz recnt dsastr in lags.ds anathr lost/waste of valuabl guds,lives& prperties-so y is ds torential dwn pour stil catch-up with our govnt unaware anualy?
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by deelobe: 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2011
I never thought a day will come when in Nigeria we will be talking of this kind of disaster in Lagos, but this warning has been coming for over 26 years and nothing was done. It is well. I was sleeping the comfort of my home while others were slugging it out must of been really terrible. I really empathise with all the people that lost properties and houses during the flood may the Lord comfort you and give you peace. When there is life there is hope
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by deelobe: 9:26pm On Jul 11, 2011
I never thought a day will come when in Nigeria we will be talking of this kind of disaster in Lagos, but this warning has been coming for over 26 years and nothing was done. It is well. I was sleeping the comfort of my home while others were slugging it out must of been really terrible. I really empathise with all the people that lost properties and houses during the flood may the Lord comfort you and give you peace. When there is life there is hope
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by EfeEkarume(m): 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2011
Our 16-rim well is now well filled up. No thanks to the rain.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by EuroMeko(m): 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2011
What bothers me about the pic the most is the very casual stance that my Brothers are displaying in the picture.

They seem very comfortable.

I am not blaming them or looking down on them, far be from it, but it seems that the condition has made this to be an almost acceptable situation for them.

By the way that stagnant mucky water will for sure have all sorts of organisms living in there.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by ezeagu(m): 9:48pm On Jul 11, 2011
Outstrip:

As in S H I T

I know, I'm saying bodies will be on top as well.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2011
For a city on the brink of the Atlantic, Lagos is too congested and disorganized. Occurrences like these will definitely take place again and again until lagos is decongested and organised.
But that's almost impossible. Lagos is like the right city in the wrong place.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2011
WOW . . . . someone else blaming it all on population. Na wa ooo . . .this seems to be the latest trend. . . pin point population as problem, no matter how disconnected it may seem.

So by that logic, cities around the world that are less populated, ought not to experience flooding issues of any kind, huh?? ROFL grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by elrony(m): 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2011
cant thank the flood enough!!, made out wif ma chick in a canoe,jst in front of federal palce hotel!!! grin wink grin kiss
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Kunbee: 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2011
Mainland is now the best place to live cheesy
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by oghene9ja: 11:19pm On Jul 11, 2011
Fashola is working Lagos is sinking??
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by seyibrown(f): 12:16am On Jul 12, 2011
I have never seen Lagos floods this bad . . . . . and the victims will be left to pick up the pieces all by themselves! O ma se o! sad When will our govt get serious! We have nothing (and have done nothing) to cope with floods. What will happen when greater disasters strike??

RIP to all those who lost their lives.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by CuteTj(m): 12:39am On Jul 12, 2011
@kobojunkie, in my own opinion i do what is right but i leave it to other people to judge me.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by amor4ce(m): 1:19am On Jul 12, 2011
The Lagos State Government should embark on a massive Public Health campaign as a matter of urgency. In fact, there can be adverts across various media hammering on the need for better public health just like the anit-AIDS jingles and radio plays.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by tpia5: 1:25am On Jul 12, 2011
EfeEkarume:

Our 16-rim well is now well filled up. No thanks to the rain.

wow, that's serious.

never seen a deep well filled to the brim with dirty water before.

usually, most wells which brim to the top, have clean fresh water in them.

in normal situations.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by tpia5: 1:29am On Jul 12, 2011
Lagos, we need some of these bins.

nice:

Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Jiah011(f): 1:40am On Jul 12, 2011
EuroMeko:

This is a portrait of apathy. Who is caring or listening in Nigeria? So much potential just to go to waste, not the guys in the picture, but the country. The common man just gets overwhelmed and sits down. But it will take the effort of the common man to change Nigeria.

And this is just the heavy rain and the flood we are talking about. If it is really trash before that caused this, just imagine the the trash afterwards with all the condemned cars and things people will throw away. Not to mention what is hidden in all that standing water now. What will happen after the water recedes? All this stagnant water and trash and the loss of life. Malaria and cholera as well as other water-borne diseases are of concern. Lord have mercy!
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by tpia5: 1:56am On Jul 12, 2011
the common man is supposed to obtain a canoe or kayak to paddle himself around.

this is what happens when land dwellers flood coastal regions.

you dont know what to do since you have no experience living on water.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Kobojunkie: 2:42am On Jul 12, 2011
CuteTj:

@kobojunkie, in my own opinion i do what is right but i leave it to other people to judge me. 

Doing what is right as regards your place in this democracy has absolutely nothing to do with opinion. You have a duty, and as long as you are NOT serving that duty bestowed upon you as a citizen of a democratic nation, you are doing anything right. Matter of fact, anything less than you carrying out your duty as a citizen is simply you making yourself part of the problem that continues to allow this man-allowed catastrophe year, after year.

Even the Bible tells you that faith without work is DEAD /Kaput/Useless. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . . . someone else blaming it all on population. Na wa ooo . . .this seems to be the latest trend. . . pin point population as problem, no matter how disconnected it may seem.

So by that logic, cities around the world that are less populated, ought not to experience flooding issues of any kind, huh?? ROFL grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Can you comprehend?
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by ifyalways(f): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2011
While it's easy to blame the government and pity for the 'common man' but who fills up the water drainages with filth?Who makes up shafts,stalls on top the drainages?

The government ha alot of work to do,likewise the masses.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by agitator: 10:49am On Jul 12, 2011
J12:

For a city on the brink of the Atlantic, Lagos is too congested and disorganized. Occurrences like these will definitely take place again and again until lagos is decongested and organised.
But that's almost impossible. Lagos is like the right city in the wrong place.

So New York City, Durban, Accra, etc, should also be flooded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force / I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan / Governor Ambode Responds Swiftly To Akobi Crescent Flood Crisis ( Pics&videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.