Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,501 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos (36046 Views)

A Street In Onitsha After Heavy Rain / Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Kano City (photos) / Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by 9jauk: 10:11am On Jul 11, 2011
Pathetic scenario, lagos must go green,i forsee dis years ago,a country whr is term as dumping ground all in d name of Tokunbo products,from Mot failed vehicles,faulty electronics from western world;massive emission on d street of Lagos,Nigeria,what more do u expect years down d line Nature is taking is course.
 Rather sad we are all pointing @ d Goverment,what happen to d culture of Environmental sanitation,majority of Lagosians dump pure water bags unlawfully on d street and ends up blocking drainage,rather sad.Obviously we ve got Cosmectic Goverment runs by fashola,tinubu and d gang.Flower planting Alpha Beta, Eko o ni baje JU bayi lo!.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by agitator: 10:26am On Jul 11, 2011
Lagos which has been experiencing floods for a long time and people are saying this his a natural disaster! angry
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by RuuDie(m): 10:30am On Jul 11, 2011
Surulere appears to be slightly better off than most other 'hoods with the exception of some closed-out areas and others close to the canals. . . . . .ikeja/ikorodu rd is continually looking awful with every rain drop ~ first time in my life i've ever actually seen trunk A/B roads flooded!

agitator:

Lagos which has been experiencing floods for a long time and people are saying this his a natural disaster! angry

well, lets just say this is our own tsunami grin
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by dejavus: 10:30am On Jul 11, 2011
"Eko akeete aromi sa legbe legbe" so said Ebenezer Obey.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by docjuli(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2011
@deehumorous (twitter): So I heard Boko Haram Claimed Responsibility for the Lagos Flooding
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by dejavus: 10:37am On Jul 11, 2011
docjuli:

@deehumorous: So I heard Boko Haram Claimed Responsibility for the Lagos Flooding

Their Fingerprint is all over the Flooding,
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by igbsam(m): 10:37am On Jul 11, 2011
We just found 3 cars at the almost extreme end of the canal. A 2008 toyota camry, A murano jeep and a 2002 toyota (tiny light I guess dats wat its called). dead cars on the lagos abeokuta express way causing d road to be blocked. Where are our ever inquisitive LASTMA officials, make dem come tow na. 100s of cars don die for express. Mtshewwww!
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by dejavus: 10:40am On Jul 11, 2011
Is it really worth Splashing N3.5 Million on all these cars if they ll end up as Floating Doorstops?
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by MMM2(m): 10:45am On Jul 11, 2011
What
Can believe.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by shirleyz: 10:48am On Jul 11, 2011
Boko Haram ko, Naija Delta ni. But seriously, we lagosians are contributing our bit to the flooding, on my street, a house was built on a major drainage n all the houses at the end of the street gets flooded whenever rain falls. Yesterday, my sister saw a woman with a bag of waste dumping refuse into the flowing water.

See pic of Agege as at this morn on my way to work:
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by chino11(m): 10:50am On Jul 11, 2011
Lagos is a failed state. Fashola and Tinubu are chopping lagos hardearned money. silly yoroobas
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by tunde300us(m): 10:51am On Jul 11, 2011
Lagos is below sea level and so things like this will happen whenever an unusual rain falls,once upon a time you wont get this amount of rain in one day and worse off this amount of torrent,but i guess the prediction of the environmentalist is now coming to past.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by shirleyz: 10:59am On Jul 11, 2011
I know that Lagos State Govet is demolishing some buildings that are standing on drains cos BAT's fence at Idowu Taylor was demolished twice cos they are on a drainage. But the way Lagosians clog the gutter with dirt is also a contributing factor to the floods.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Pafuri(m): 11:00am On Jul 11, 2011
"Eko o ni baje o"
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Geomel: 11:26am On Jul 11, 2011
What a pity for lagosian all the best.
We offer Audit to company and NGOs for more
www.geomelaccount..com
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by hotestlegs: 11:31am On Jul 11, 2011
This is really pathetic, BUT People, before we crucify ACN or any government (state or federal) at all… lets face reality a bit, When yesterdays rains started, how many people did you see rush out of their homes with previously collected refuse & toss it into the drainages,
50% of this flood is caused by Lagosian themselves, People are the government, for every time you throw your gala wrap out of the window, for every time you toss your lacasera bottle on the road side, for every time you toss your recharge card on the side walk, for every time you build your house in a way you terminate a drainage (50% or > of surulere, mushin, apapa houses), what we see now is what we will always see, Lets keep the drainages free (Everyone’s civic duty), lets put our wrappers & bottles in our cars & bags till we get to a refuse bin, Then we can start accusing the larger government,
Things can work out if we are part of the solutions …Its well with Nigeria
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by stevenosa(m): 11:36am On Jul 11, 2011
As HOTESLEGS rightly said, we are all responsible for the calamity that has befalling us as Lagosians. We do things that will make even NATURE itself to be angry with us. That packet of sachet water that you and I throw by the road side goes a long way to help BLOCK the drainage's. So, when next you have an dirt to throw away, you should know where to put them.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by 9icest: 11:40am On Jul 11, 2011
ilaje  market   side   close   to  akoka

Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by sley4life(m): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2011
Lag has turned to Atlantic. 1 reason everyone in Lag especially should learn how to swim
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by seunspice(m): 11:58am On Jul 11, 2011
Eko oni baje o. The state government had forewarned of this and had started clearing drainages aroung the mega city. However, all the years of dredging the atlantic is coming to haunt us all ,
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by 9icest: 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2011
@everybody

what is the status of d eko atlantic project, mschewwwwwww grin
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Omolola1(f): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2011
acn!!!
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by docjuli(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2011
9icest:

@everybody

Just thought about that now. They will continue, no stopping. After all they have started selling. Wanna buy?
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2011
Buy land @ Garden of Eden Estate Simawa Behind RCCG highly above water level @ N780,000 per plot , N32,500 per months for 24 months installment or pay out rightly @ N585,000 per plot
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by beautylash: 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2011
9icest:

@everybody

Stop posting fake picture of flood to exaggerate your opinion!!! again it just shows u are not in lagos, so why asking about EAP project , omh
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by blacklion(m): 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2011
H$LBroker:

Buy land @ Garden of Eden Estate Simawa Behind RCCG highly above water level @ N780,000 per plot , N32,500 per months for 24 months installment or pay out rightly @ N585,000 per plot

Just knew you guys would cash in grin
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by EvilBrain1(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2011
I was at work through out the weekend and just came home to meet my house flooded. My bedroom now smells like a secondary school toilet. There's dirty nylon bags and la casera bottles everywhere.

Apparently this used to happen all the time until the Fashola government cleared the nearby canal a few years ago. But since then people have managed to block it enough for flooding to start happening again. One of my neighbours acually threw a wet matress into the canal this morning while at the same time complaining about the flood.

So I propose a three pronged solution.
1. Clear the existing drainages.
2. Build newer and better ones.
3. Post armed policemen to every street with strict orders to shoot anybody who throws a pure water bag, empty bottle or any form of garbage on the street, in the drainages or in a place where it is llikely to end up in the drainages.

Those basterdss are directly responsible for the terrible state my house is in now. I hope they all die of cholera. Amen.
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by simion66: 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2011
Customers view MPEG coded picture and have complete management of the software via net that security workstation can be operated without monitor, keyboard, and mouse connected.
http://simioncimpianu.newweblab.com/stores/simioncimpianu/9313pgabout.html
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by docjuli(m): 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2011
blacklion:

Just knew you guys would cash in grin

smart guys. same thing they did when the shares dropped. grin
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by goldboy(m): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2011
ooooohh , see how our lagos is so greeeeeeeen!!! i thot those green vegetation will hold the water/floods. Just imagine what will happen if this rain continues for the next three days. God have mercy
Re: Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos by EEVICTOREE(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2011
ToLet 2 Bedroom Flat @ lekki Price Tag 50,000 for 4 years, And A single Room And Parlour @ Mushine 2.5Million. grin

PING me if u need a home in mushin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku’s Kano Rally Throws Open Buhari’s Northern Strongholds / Who Will Mrs Tambuwal Vote For As Sokoto Governor, Her Husband Or Brother / "Buhari Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had" - Turkey Based Igbo Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.