Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs (44961 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Now Received / Does Nigerian Customs Charge This High For Ordinary Smartphone Sent From US? / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by meobizy(f): 9:34am On May 19, 2022
Lol. Go and retrieve it. Hold “something for the boys.”
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 9:35am On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
Next time use shiptonaija. They provide you with address in america or UK where your items can be shipped to then they deliver it to your address here in nigeria.
I don't understand this. Do you mean I should change address or how do you mean. Cos shiptonaija can't be seen in the options of shipping channels
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by OmoAkin85: 9:36am On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
Next time use shiptonaija. They provide you with address in america or UK where your items can be shipped to then they deliver it to your address here in nigeria.
how far boss wetin b deer shipping price per kilo and which website I fit use buy goods from America and ship to naija
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Fragility6: 9:37am On May 19, 2022
Homeboiy:
My problem is that aliexpress no longer accept mastercard

I don tire

And Access bank Visa card charges too high
Then open KUDA apply for Visa card

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by omitusaf(m): 9:40am On May 19, 2022
Same thing happened to me too.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 9:40am On May 19, 2022
Johel:

Mumu Na your middle name...we have phone stores all over Naija but u chose to do online purchase from AliExpress...on day Una go wise.
That's the problem with some of the kids with on this forum with internet access. Very rude and stupid.

You think buying on AliExpress isn't safe? Boy, it is. The problem is your country. Worst case scenario is that you would be refunded by AliExpress if the item doenst get to you at expected delivery date. Phones from the makers store are always better in times of quality and way cheaper (complete package). Only asking the question before I ask for refund from the company. This is not a local naija phone store.

Grow up boy

10 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by wisdomkid: 9:40am On May 19, 2022
Ezebinaugwu:

With the current restriction of spending only $20 a day from all master card. Please how are you able to spend more than $20

Its $20/month and not a day.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 9:41am On May 19, 2022
Bluffly:

Go to your local post office
been there. It's not there. I have a relationship with them there sef..cos I have been receiving packets since like 7 years back
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 9:42am On May 19, 2022
Ezebinaugwu:

With the current restriction of spending only $20 a day from all master card. Please how are you able to spend more than $20
Access Bank exclusive card
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 9:43am On May 19, 2022
mamawa123:

Nigerian customs will ask you to pay import duty on the phone. Next time use private shipper.
How do I use private shipper on AliExpress
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 9:44am On May 19, 2022
Collins4u1:

This item is on its way to your post office... Same happened when I bought pocofone f3... It will come
On its way for almost 10 days now..chai! Are you sure yours stayed on this position for 10 days or more?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 9:47am On May 19, 2022
[quote author=abduly4 post=112971825][/quote]Not new here o! If the tracking reads that item is in the local delivery bla bla, it means it is in Nigeria and will get to you in 24-72hrs max. Been here for more than 7years now
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 9:49am On May 19, 2022
priceactionx:

hide your tracking number and your house address. @the topic, Dont rely on that , go to the nearest post office, it might be there.
That's not my house address. It's the address of a popular landmark closest to the post office. Plus, I don't think there is anything wrong with my post. What are your reasons for saying this?

I have been to the post office. It's not there
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by tayor3(m): 9:50am On May 19, 2022
sleekflow:

Wahala... The only issue I know is with my Mums card. And that's about her card having a limit of 10k per month.

In my own case, I order as much as I want.

I use GT account though
U mean GT dollar card?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 9:52am On May 19, 2022
meobizy:
Lol. Go and retrieve it. Hold “something for the boys.”
where do I go to retrieve this?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by meobizy(f): 9:53am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
where do I go to retrieve this?
Find their number online and make enquires for where their office is located. You can equally head to any airport and ask officials there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Ernesthugo(m): 9:55am On May 19, 2022
ok chief

how are you location
ican2020:
LG LED 43 inch LK5100 Series Full HD LED TV & PlayStation 4 + Control & FIFA 22

Full HD 1080P: Watch TV and movies in true 1080p high-definition sharpness and Images are super

Dynamic Color makes 6 colors including RGB color more vivid and clearer. This cutting-edge color processing technology presents a picture that is natural.

LG's surround sound effect seems to recreate sounds. Feel the happenings all around you using just TV speaker with no additional equipment required

Immersive home entertainment: Connect your entertainment devices and enjoy a variety of contents such as games and movies through your TV.

Sophisticated inside and out, the stylish frames make the design even more dazzling with its modern taste.
Reason for sale: relocation

LG LED 43 inch LK5100 Series Full HD LED TV Price 100,000
&
PlayStation 120,000 [Excellent Working Condition]

For more info call 08058435405

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 10:00am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family.....

Despite the series of warnings, you guys still use Nipost to receive stuff from abroad. Unless it's some item you can forgo, always work with a local shipping company. The bribes you pay Nipost and Customs isn't usually worth it, not to talk of thee stress or the fact that that they may even replace your item.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by foolbuster: 10:01am On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:

kiss
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by kunleiky(m): 10:02am On May 19, 2022
Homeboiy:
My problem is that aliexpress no longer accept mastercard

I don tire

And Access bank Visa card charges too high
For real? No wonder it's been telling me order closed for security bla bla bla
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Johel(m): 10:03am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
That's the problem with some of the kids with on this forum with internet access. Very rude and stupid.

You think buying on AliExpress isn't safe? Boy, it is. The problem is your country. Worst case scenario is that you would be refunded by AliExpress if the item doenst get to you at expected delivery date. Phones from the makers store are always better in times of quality and way cheaper (complete package). Only asking the question before I ask for refund from the company. This is not a local naija phone store.

Grow up boy

Na mumu still be your middle name...go and sort your P with custom,...dey form woke yet U are here crying on NL..Oga shift!.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Canih28: 10:04am On May 19, 2022
sleekflow:

Master card wen I still take order last week??
weytin u order
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by chardyni(m): 10:05am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help

Don't worry. The delay is due to hiccups in the NIPOST system. Wait at least a week or two.

If your purchase protection preiod expires claim back money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Dottore: 10:05am On May 19, 2022
pannyman:

To ensure that Speedaf is the company that will deliver your item, select Aliexpress Standard Shipping as your shipping method. The tracking id would begin with "NG" and end with "R".

If the tracking ID differs from what you wrote how can one change it to speedaf
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by newguy1(m): 10:05am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help
same here but mine is not that expensive I saw it had been received for over a month by Nigerian custom and till now I haven’t gotten it .FYI am waiting for mine too in ilorin . The last item I bought also took for 3 month and I had to pay 2k to collect and I asked for reasons why I’m paying double shipment fee only to be told it’s fast express delivery and the price is fixed. Buying online now is almost not advisable here in this country especially from oversea shops

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by onlinetrader: 10:06am On May 19, 2022
meobizy:
Find their number online and make enquires for where their office is located. You can equally head to any airport and ask officials there.
Thank you
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by omorttee4u(m): 10:06am On May 19, 2022
porthouse7:
I have lots of items stock at Nigeria custom

Even if it's contra banned product, we do settle the matter... is all about money... if you know your way...
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by INCREDIBLE007(m): 10:07am On May 19, 2022
Hmm
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by INCREDIBLE007(m): 10:08am On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:

Pls how do I get in touch with them
Pls
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by foolbuster: 10:08am On May 19, 2022
Johel:

Mumu Na your middle name...we have phone stores all over Naija but u chose to do online purchase from AliExpress...on day Una go wise.

You are very stupid but you don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by do4luv14(m): 10:08am On May 19, 2022
Leemekzy:
they take care off that.

I think you are talking about shoptomydoor
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by michealdeco: 10:18am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..
from your tracking number

This item isn't in Nigeria yet

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands / Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.