Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria (37929 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2011
manny4life:

LET ME REPOST MY POST AGAIN

Now Madam KOBO knows all, yeah they doing alright because, in fact where in DC do they stay again, because I'm about to get you. Ask yourself the % of people who bike to work to more than a million people who commute daily into DC, people who bike to work apparently work in restaurants or other non-professional offices, no one dressed in dress pants, with a shirt and a tie with a book bag or carrying bag will bike under the hot morning sun that's out by 6am in the morning, go figure. You seem to know DC so well through you"friends" who live in DC, but I'm sure WMATA and other transport agencies in the metro area will think differently. Ask the more than 500,000 federal govt workers who commute to DC from MD and VA daily via metro to hear about their concerns or is it about smart benefits when it was about to be revoked. Go to WMATA website and see of how people react sharply to increasing fare from the transit system. Madam know all, perhaps you should start reading archived news about the capital beltway and the average time someone sleeps in traffic (you would use that same time to cross into DC by train), and oh did I mention the as DC being the tourist center of the nation, the million + visitors who come in to DC who cause another round of issue and gridlock to Washington. Yeah I forgot the major one, as Walter Reed Army Medical center closes and Fort Belvoir opening the LARGEST MEDICAL CENTER in the area, bringing an additional 500,000+ service members (civilians not included) to the DC/VA area, perhaps you should look at reports regarding how people complained angrily about the development and traffic on the beltway.

Obviously your "friends" haven't had any reason to pay $15 because it's either they don't have cars because they cannot afford it or simply because they use bikes as alternative (traffic reasons) because of its flexibility. If you had to work in the downtown area, the seat of power, ask Colonial Parking, I guess it's on their website how much they charge visitors during their prime time, you have internet you should go figure. You are so lost in your misery that I cannot help but pity you. You say I have a burden of $15 parking daily, Madam know all, I said commuting to DC cost me about $15 daily (round trip) and parking isn't a joke either, it's costly.

Exactly what I expected as retort . . .  Now let me repost  . . . .

Kobojunkie:

I doubt the lengthy response would have made any sense considering you have so far presented yourself as an irrational poster on even this issue. Stop arguing just for the sake of it . . . one of your pals already tried that angle earlier. So, spare us please!

When it comes to life we need to learn to separate the results of our personal choices from the reality of the majority. That you choose to BURDEN yourself, in no way implies that everyone else carries the same. It is as simple as that.

1) Your truth is not everyone else s

2) I know people, even lawyers who work right in downtown DC,even people who work at the pentagon(since you might pretend it is that these people cannot AFFORD cars or they are poor and lowly workers)  that do not feel they HAVE TO pay for parking as you pretend you are being FORCED to . . . God forbid people like you own up to your CHOICES. A particular lawyer works government projects and he bikes to work everyday. He was on ABC the other day, discussing one of his cases. The camera's followed him on his daily journey from the burbs to his office in downtown DC and he spoke of how much easier it is on him since he bikes to work. He even opted not to take public transport because he likes being able to skip traffic as biking helps him clear his mind for the day and get his daily exercise quota. But, I bet you are going to try to convince us that he has less heads than you do, right? I suggest you get yourself examined if you think line of reasoning would work.  

3) No one, not even Government FORCES you to get into debt -- that is a PERSONAL CHOICE people make daily.

People around the world complain when price of goods and services go up . . . it is NORMAL BEHAVIOUR FOR US HUMANS . . . . But you trying to make an issue about it and arguing as if this is unique to DC, or America, makes your irrational views seem more obvious by the post.

I live in a city where daily parking in downtown area also costs about as much as DC but I DO NOT PARK downtown because there are alternatives to this. And Yes, even in DC there are alternatives to parking downtown. Stop whining about what you can change but REFUSE to change.

It is the same thing whatever city you live in --- NY, Chicago, Atlanta, Birmingham, Pennsylvania, Cincinnati, Newark, Wilmington . . . etc. . . Parking is almost non-existent BUT majority still do not pay $15 and over charge for daily parking because they opt for alternative money saving ways of getting around doling out that amount each day. And these peope do not have four heads . . . . many of them are Americans. Why are you a Nigerian here to pretend that it is a must for you to live like a big man and blame it on others

http://dc.about.com/od/transportation/a/Commuting-To-Washington-DC.htm
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I doubt the lengthy response would have made any sense considering you have so far presented yourself as an irrational poster on even this issue. Stop arguing just for the sake of it . . . one of your pals already tried that angle earlier. So, spare us please!

When it comes to life we need to learn to separate the results of our personal choices from the reality of the majority. That you choose to BURDEN yourself, in no way implies that everyone else carries the same. It is as simple as that.

1) Your truth is not everyone else s

2) I know people, even lawyers who work right in downtown DC,even people who work at the pentagon(since you might pretend it is that these people cannot AFFORD cars or they are poor and lowly workers)  that do not feel they HAVE TO pay for parking as you pretend you are being FORCED to . . . God forbid people like you own up to your CHOICES. A particular lawyer works government projects and he bikes to work everyday. He was on ABC the other day, discussing one of his cases. The camera's followed him on his daily journey from the burbs to his office in downtown DC and he spoke of how much easier it is on him since he bikes to work. He even opted not to take public transport because he likes being able to skip traffic as biking helps him clear his mind for the day and get his daily exercise quota. But, I bet you are going to try to convince us that he has less heads than you do, right? I suggest you get yourself examined if you think line of reasoning would work.

3) No one, not even Government FORCES you to get into debt -- that is a PERSONAL CHOICE people make daily.

Get the name of this lawyer on ABC, then we can argue later, until then I won't argue with you. For the record, govt workers DO NOT bike to work in the hot sun, i their suit and tie, they have smart benefits, as for the rest of the discourse, they are irrelevant.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2011
^^^ No, I won't indulge you there. I live in a city that is even more expensive than DC, and I can tell you there are alternatives. If you do not know what is available to help you. Learn to search for help.

There are tons of resources online to help people like you. Refusing to use them so you can come online to whine and blame others for choices you continue to make makes no sense at all.

http://dc.about.com/od/transportation/a/Commuting-To-Washington-DC.html

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6198334/how_to_save_money_on_the_washington.html

http://bikewashington.org/commute/index.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/nihbikers-unwilling-to-give-up-other-commute-benefits/2011/07/11/gIQAX4jGEI_story.html

http://www.arlnow.com/2011/05/11/safety-changes-coming-soon-to-walter-reed-drive/
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Exactly what I expected as retort . . .  Now let me repost  . . . .

People around the world complain when price of goods and services go up . . . it is NORMAL BEHAVIOUR FOR US HUMANS . . . . But you trying to make an issue about it and arguing as if this is unique to DC, or America, makes your irrational views seem more obvious by the post.

I live in a city where daily parking in downtown area also costs about as much as DC but I DO NOT PARK downtown because there are alternatives to this. And Yes, even in DC there are alternatives to parking downtown. Stop whining about what you can change but REFUSE to change.

It is the same thing whatever city you live in --- NY, Chicago, Atlanta, Birmingham, Pennsylvania, Cincinnati, Newark, Wilmington . . . etc. . . Parking is almost non-existent BUT majority still do not pay $15 and over charge for daily parking because they opt for alternative money saving ways of getting around doling out that amount each day. And these peope do not have four heads . . . . many of them are Americans. Why are you a Nigerian here to pretend that it is a must for you to live like a big man and blame it on others

Perhaps they can't pay $15 because they opt for cheaper option because parking in downtown is harder to get. NOW seems like you have been missing the $15 issue, please go back to ALL my post again and reread what I posted  Now let me put it this way for u; In New York and Chicago, the commuter train , how much is the commuter train for a 30mins trip? Add that trip x2 (round trip), then pay for parking at the metro station? then do the math, after which we can talk. Until then, MADAM I TO KNOW, after u have the numbers we can talk. On that note, it would be nice for you to visit U.S. dept of transportation and view reports about the top 5 or tenc cities which DC is among regarding traffic and draw you inference based on these reports.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ No, I won't indulge you there. I live in a city that is even more expensive than DC, and I can tell you there are alternatives. If you do not know what is available to help you. Learn to search for help.

http://dc.about.com/od/transportation/a/Commuting-To-Washington-DC.html

lol, you are going to about.com website; article written by someone like me, I laugh not small one.

Please don't indulge because you sound ridiculous, No one talked about expensive or not, DC is in it's own style. About.com is for mostly tourist and visitors not for locals who travel at @ 5/6am in the morning to 9am in the morning. Please go around and wallow in your I know all attitude.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2011
^^^ Ofcourse, BIGMANISM will not let you lower yourself to cutting back, would it? Now na about.com you wan insult for challenging you to think outside of that hole you have dug for yourself undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by opeworld: 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2011
Those of you concern should just be saying BIG AMEN
Since you preferred staying and remain here in dis hopeless country
if God is sharing AMERICA VISA for free it will not get 2 your turn!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2011
manny4life:

Perhaps they can't pay $15 because they opt for cheaper option because parking in downtown is harder to get. NOW seems like you have been missing the $15 issue, please go back to ALL my post again and reread what I posted  Now let me put it this way for u; In New York and Chicago, the commuter train , how much is the commuter train for a 30mins trip? Add that trip x2 (round trip), then pay for parking at the metro station? then do the math, after which we can talk. Until then, MADAM I TO KNOW, after u have the numbers we can talk. On that note, it would be nice for you to visit U.S. dept of transportation and view reports about the top 5 or tenc cities which DC is among regarding traffic and draw you inference based on these reports.

Now I am even more convinced you have NEVER REALLY looked at the alternatives out there. How in the world can you ask me how much a 30 minute trip on public transit is when it is common knowledge that there are what is called DAY PASSES, 7 DAY PASSES, and even MONTHLY PASSES(in some cities) available out there to help people like you save money on metro buses

EDUCATE yourself please . . . stop revealing your ignorance of these things by pretending they do not exist out there for to help you! Kai!!!!

http://www.wmata.com/fares/purchase/passes.cfm
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Ofcourse, BIGMANISM will not let you lower yourself to cutting back, would it? Now na about.com you wan insult for challenging you to think outside of that hole you have dug for yourself undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

LOL, BIGMANISM, oh wow, that's a new one? cutting back? cut back like like waking @5am in the morning so I can hitch a ride with someone on the HOV lane right? or bike my way to work about 15miles from where I live, right? My friend if u have nothing to say, please cut it.

Sister, on the note of about.com, just like wiki, they are written by u and I. If you want real information, visit DC.GOV. they have more useful information and they are reliable and verifiable sources. In addition, you can visit WMATA.com website, you can see about their news and reports, till then, I'm out. Also, dug hole for myself? Your i too know it all made u that u could not read my post very clear, sorry sister
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2011
^^ Even people who live in places like Glenview, Evanston, Highland park, Hyde Park(where your president has his home)board the bus to the train station/ park their bikes at the train station(leave their jaguars, hummers, mercedes etc at home) at the train stations, get on the train and ride over 30 miles to get to downtown Chicago each day. Na you no wan gree to change your lifestyle so you can whine about how all of america is to blame for your silly choices . . . keep it up!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Now I am even more convinced you have NEVER REALLY looked at the alternatives out there. How in the world can you ask me how much a 30 minute trip on public transit is when it is common knowledge that there are what is called DAY PASSES, 7 DAY PASSES, and even MONTHLY PASSES(in some cities) available out there to help people like you save money on metro buses

EDUCATE yourself please  . . . stop revealing your ignorance of these things by pretending they do not exist out there for to help you! Kai!!!!

http://www.wmata.com/fares/purchase/passes.cfm

MADAM, you are sounding ignorant to me now, well since you on the page, why don't u tell me how much the train passes within the metro system cost? I did not sya outside but within the metro system, please let me know since you know it all. I don't need arguing, perhaps you can tell me better who has been taking the trains for a min, tell me what their prime rates are,
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^ Even people who live in places like Glenview, Evanston, Highland park, Hyde Park(where your president has his home)board the bus to the train station/ park their bikes at the train station(leave their jaguars, hummers, mercedes etc at home) at the train stations, get on the train and ride over 30 miles to get to downtown Chicago each day. Na you no wan gree to change your lifestyle so you can whine about how all of america is to blame for your silly choices . . . keep it up!!!

Just an effin liar, lol leave their Jaguars and hummer and even their tesla vehicle and bike to work and get on the train stations, please stop making s/h/i/t up ok. Bike to work? Because you drive a hummer or mercedes sure doesn't mean sh/it, no one dresses in suits and ride in the hot heat, that's a FAT LIE, STOP MAKING IT UP.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2011
I have asked you four questions now, you still can't provide the answers I'm waiting

I need the name of the govt layer who was intervied on ABC, you know u can request for the interview transcript since the interview was PUBLIC.

Give me the passes sold by WMATA that is used with the train system (for this your miracle cost saving technique)

I asked you to visit reliable site not about.com or wiki

and the list will continue
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2011
see resistance to change oooo !!!

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

see resistance to change oooo !!!

I know right, lol

Sister, I have asked u before, please design this your change for me, for the more the 750,000 people who travel into DC daily, not MD nor VA, just DC daily. I asked about your metro passes, nothing yet because you have nothing. Let me know what your cost savings are when you pay more money during prime time, I'll let u go figure on the prime time and the amount. Madam bike to work,  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2011
Stop trying to pretend everyone in DC is in the same boat that you have chosen to be in. I am not here to design anything for you or convince you to change your life. All I wish you would is OWN YOUR CHOICES  . . . not continue to pretend it is everyone elses too.

Imagine I sent you a metro-rail site and you are still asking me for cost of metrorail pass . . . that there is sign of issues that you are desperately trying to cover. Learn to take RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CHOICES.

If DC, which happens to be cheaper than Chicago by the way, is TOO MUCH FOR YOU, MOVE -- find a cheaper job in somewhere-where-else-cheaper-America !!!!  No matter what the vocation, there are so many other places, many cheaper by the way, you can practice the very same! 

http://living-in-washingtondc.com/GettingAroundWashingtonDC.php
http://living-in-washingtondc.com/costofliving-in-washingtondc.php

http://living-in-washingtondc.com/livingbudget-washingtondc.php

http://living-in-washingtondc.com/proscons-livinginwashingtondc.php

http://dcliving.com/washington_dc_living/000054.php

http://baltimore.about.com/od/transportation/a/CommutingtoDC.htm

http://hotpads.com/answers/question/564_Living-in-Baltimore-+-working-in-Wa

http://www.bestplaces.net/backfence/viewcomment.aspx?id=10959AFD-CDF1-4330-9680-3810A078A945&city=Washington_DC&p=51150000

http://livinggreenandsavingenergy.com/how-not-to-save-gas-commuters-and-traffic-jams.html
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Stop trying to pretend everyone in DC is in the same both as you are. I am not here to design anything for you or convince you to change your life. All I wish you would is OWN YOUR CHOICES  . . . not continue to pretend it is everyone elses too.

Imagine I sent you a metro-rail site and you are still asking me for cost of metrorail pass . . . that there is sign of issues that you are desperately trying to cover. Learn to take RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CHOICES. If DC, which happens to be cheaper than Chicago by the way, is TOO MUCH FOR YOU, MOVE -- find a cheaper job in somewhere-where-else-cheaper-America !!!! No matter what the vocation, there are so many other places, many cheaper by the way, you can practice the very same!

Again as usual, and for what you're known for (beating around in CIRCLES). Again, I asked you, based on your own

LOL, you are sending me metro rail site, wasn't I the one who gave u the address, lls,

Now miss Kobo, I asked u before and will ask again, please tell me the cost saving for those who travel within the regular time added prime time for mostly people who commute to work daily. This is for an average 30mins trip within the RAIL SYSTEM, NOT OUTSIDE.

Madam Oprah, leave you advise and answer the questions before you, you are the one talking about passes, so let me know what I don't. As for you advice, save it sister, and yeah while I won't say everyone who commutes to dc is n same boat as me, but reports have shown during fare increases by WMATA that people react sharply to fare hikes and increases am sure that leave a huge majority in same basket.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2011
manny --- no point arguing with kobo, we know her kind. wink
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by maasoap(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2011
So, traffic problems in US is as much as in Naija according to mrs kobo! And may God save the world because US is about causing another great recession even when my poor Naija didn't default. Modern day slaves, just don't forget your roots because of US ice creams. Do they even know that they're slaves no matter what changes with time? No, they'll never realise as long you're throwing what they value most to them. Money worshippers.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Limaoscar: 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2011
Sorry but this guy shouldbe called Odemchi as in Odechukwu Jonathan. I do not want to diss anyone becuase of their level of education but you must be either educated to a very low level or you are just plain dumb. All your examples are so meh!

1. Taking up credit is a personal choice. You do not have to make use of credit facilities but it may be necessary to do so to build your credit if you plan to buy a house in the future as you do not find overnight millioanires in america who can afford to buy a $500,000 house cash like you do in that mad country Nigeria where government officials use the peoples commowealth for themselves.

2. The 24 hour system is part of what makes the country and very few people work are compelled to do 12 hour shifts. even when you do a 12 hour shift, you ahve the appropriate number of days off. If you care to know my dads driver in Nigeria arrives at my house at 6Am in the morning and only leaves after droping my dad off at 10/11pm and he does this 6 days a week. sometimes he is asked to come on Sundays as well and there is no official overtime! how many ours is that. The same goes for the boys in my mums shop. 8am to 7pm Monday to Saturday for N12,000/ month.

3. Professional devalue my a$$. In the western world, experience counts. All your paper cerificates are worthless! What do you expect? To walk of the plane and into a $100,000/ year job? Wake up mofo! pay your dues.

4 Does any memebr of your family have N83,000,000 cash to pay for a house. Cut your coat. Tthere are house way cheaper than that. You can get $50,000 house in some run down parts of Atlanta if you can afford it. Please give me the contact details of the car seller in Nigeria where I can buy 2 brand new SUVs for N6.6million.

5. Screw native language. can Barack Obama speak Kenayan or whatever they speak over in kenya? Is he not the bloody president.

In summary, You are not a very bright spark!

He is NOT even as smart as a fifth grader cheesy tongue
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Stop trying to pretend everyone in DC is in the same boat that you have chosen to be in. I am not here to design anything for you or convince you to change your life. All I wish you would is OWN YOUR CHOICES  . . . not continue to pretend it is everyone elses too.

Imagine I sent you a metro-rail site and you are still asking me for cost of metrorail pass . . . that there is sign of issues that you are desperately trying to cover. Learn to take RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CHOICES.

If DC, which happens to be cheaper than Chicago by the way, is TOO MUCH FOR YOU, MOVE -- find a cheaper job in somewhere-where-else-cheaper-America !!!!  No matter what the vocation, there are so many other places, many cheaper by the way, you can practice the very same! 

http://living-in-washingtondc.com/GettingAroundWashingtonDC.php
http://living-in-washingtondc.com/costofliving-in-washingtondc.php

http://living-in-washingtondc.com/livingbudget-washingtondc.php

http://living-in-washingtondc.com/proscons-livinginwashingtondc.php

http://dcliving.com/washington_dc_living/000054.php

http://baltimore.about.com/od/transportation/a/CommutingtoDC.htm

http://hotpads.com/answers/question/564_Living-in-Baltimore-+-working-in-Wa

http://www.bestplaces.net/backfence/viewcomment.aspx?id=10959AFD-CDF1-4330-9680-3810A078A945&city=Washington_DC&p=51150000

http://livinggreenandsavingenergy.com/how-not-to-save-gas-commuters-and-traffic-jams.html

LOL, I'll take it that you have nothing further to say than your links, lls. Madam KOBO, I guess you and I have reached an impasse because you quoting links for me for which you have not read. I asked you about 7 questions, gradually you have avoided everyone of them, what a waste of time. Save your links and answer my questions, you can use your links as your source of reference to answer your questions, if not save it. DC cheaper than Chicago, I'm just laughing because I've not lived in the area, unlike you, I won't speculate. lol, I'm sure they are expensive but hey they hold the most powerful controlling jobs (from defense to its defense contracting, politics and policy making, non-profit, govt as a whole, Banking and management et al). Just like California is technology power of U.S., New York is the Financial Power of the U.S., so is DC the Govt / Politics power of the U.S. That's what makes the difference, deal with it sister.

obowunmi:

manny --- no point arguing with kobo, we know her kind. wink

Trust me, I know her type, she just argues on "I know it all"; she knows better than those who live here and can easily tell you how the system works.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by lancee(m): 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2011
Most  immigrants live a fake life here but wont tell u , they re in huge debt .All the people i met here brothers , uncles , friends , have been here for years and they re still complaining and they re all  in debt [NO MORE CREDIT SCORE  EVERYTHING DON PAFUKA ]
I have a family friends became an american citizen 3 years ago she has been here since 1997 ,now she has ran back to naija leaving a student loan BTW 80 - 100k  she couldnt pay it not to talk abt credit cards and loans ,she is not coming back to live here unless on vacation
85% of people here re in debt unless u want to lie
electicity is constant , gas is constant and i ask them IS IT FREE
You dont pay they cut it off u cant even Beg
You work work and work all the days of your life here if u re not careful , i thank God for an alternative ,am proudly nigerian
And am happy naija is moving one day we will get there ,,i will never badmouth my country
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by manny4life(m): 4:07pm On Jul 24, 2011
lancee:

Most  immigrants live a fake life here but wont tell u , they re in huge debt .All the people i met here brothers , uncles , friends , have been here for years and they re still complaining and they re all  in debt [NO MORE CREDIT SCORE  EVERYTHING DON PAFUKA ]
I have a family friends became an american citizen 3 years ago she has been here since 1997 ,now she has ran back to naija leaving a student loan BTW 80 - 100k  she couldnt pay it not to talk abt credit cards and loans ,she is not coming back to live here unless on vacation
85% of people here re in debt unless u want to lie
electicity is constant , gas is constant and i ask them IS IT FREE
You dont pay they cut it off u cant even Beg
You work work and work all the days of your life here if u re not careful , i thank God for an alternative ,am proudly nigerian
And am happy naija is moving one day we will get there ,,i will never badmouth my country

Thank you, like you know what I've been trying to stress to Madam I know it all,  On the issue of electricity, mine rose from $84 to $136 to $176 and last invoice came for $146. Tell me who pays such exhorbitant amount for a two bedroom apt? Though I try to cut electricity, almost everything in my house from electronics to lighting is GREEN. I cannot help with the cost because if I don't turn AC in my house, by the time I get home, it's so heated up, I hate heat and can't stand it. My AC is pretty much on for 15hrs out of 24hrs. I'm sure Madam KOBO can tell me how to cut cost by telling me turn off the AC in your home, hiss

That is the likes of KOBO, depend on social security and medicare when they retire, I'm not like that. You know how many times I have defended my country in the likes of people who hate to hear me. I strongly believe in my country and it's potentials and that's why I'm going back when I'm done here. If the likes of KOBO and 10,000 Nigerians rather than criticize Nigerian brought together $10,000 each, that is $100million, that is a whole lot of money that can go along way to bring things that are missing in Nigeria. I'm sure we would have a long way to go because Nigerian mentality has to change.

Let us never negotiate out of fear; but let us never fear to negotiate. [size=14pt]Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country[/size]
                                                                                                                          Quoted by former president John F. Kennedy.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by BlueMagic2(m): 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2011
Well since u only got 5 reasons why America is worse than Nigeria, I can give 1,000 reasons why its so better than Nigeria & 1million reasons why Nigeria is so much worse off than America. If America is so bad how come most countries use it as a yardstick for its development and success. Why is Nigeria & most of the world taking advice & lookin up to America for aid and any form of help. How come your leaders buy houses here & come here for Medical assistance, How come, Nigga Plsssssssssssss
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by pleep(m): 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2011
Nigerians in Nigeria are oblivious to the fact that they are living in a goldmine of oppertunities. Often after spending a few yrs abroad the realize this and come home.

Others remain ignorant and never return.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by lancee(m): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2011
Na so my brother ,  i will never be  of them that bad mouth naija , You know what my friend here said ? IT IS PPLE THAT DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING BACK  HOME WILL BE TELLING BAD ABT NAIJA , U CANT HAVE INVESTMENTS BACK HOME ESPECIALLY HOUSES AND BE SAYIN U MUST DIE HERE [WORK WORK WORK ]
AM HAPPY WE HAVE IT ON UR MINDS WE RE RETIRING BACK TO NAIJA AND WE RE WORKNG TOWARDS IT , MY PROJECTS ARE ALMOST COMPLETED , I BELIEVE BEING HERE IS FOR U TO ENDURE AND GET SOMETHING BACK HOME

AND MR BLUE MAGIC ,,  MY NAIJA IS STILL THE ULTIMATE ,LET ME TELL YOU  MATE , U RE IN ONE OF THE MOST CORUPT COUNTRY IN THE WORLD AND IF U WANT ME TO PROOF IT I WILL  [THEY DO THIER OWN BY STYLE HERE SCAM AND RIP OFFS ] THE REASON WHY THOSE POLITICIANS COME HERE IS BECAUSE THEY RE IGNORANT AND ALSO HERE IS CORRUPT THEY KNOW WHY CANT THEY STOP THEM

AS FOR MEDICAN ASSITANCE I DONT KNOW WERE U LIVE , I LIVE IN MARYLAND I WILL ASK THE QUESTON IS IT FREEEEEE?
U LOOSE YOUR JOB FOR ONE MONTH AND SEE HOW AMERICA WILL BE LIKE A HELL TO YOU
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by trueword: 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2011
norrisman:

Oxymoron

it's not an oxymoron. I'm talking about the historical events which tooks place more than 70 years ago.

Yoru_Igbo:

Rubbish!!! I know loads of Nigerians in Lagos, Abuja and Portharcourt with Kids who don't speak their language, who hasn't gone to their village for one reason or the other, in fact all they speak is English sometimes because parent don't even speak the same language but trust me I know families in the UK with kids that understand Nigerian culture more than most Nigerian children simply by coming home once a year!!

That is an even bigger inferiority complex that is being suffered by those in Nigeria that throw their language away. Throwing ones language away and only speaking english is not smart. One of main reasons people do that is they feel inferior and don't put value on what they have.

Kobojunkie:

The problem with Nigerians like you is your IMPOSE upon others what you have DECIDED to take on as your conviction. There is NO TABLET out there that commands that all Nigerians MUST stick to just the nigerian culture or the way of our fathers when dealing. We have seen how some of the evil perpetrated in Nigeria today, and for generation, has been rooted in that same culture you cling to.

People have a right to choose to cling to old ideals , or not. Those who believe there is better out there have every freedom to choose a different path. That you believe that probably if you let go of your culture, your life will be inferior DOES NOT mean the next man feels exactly the same way of these things.

Please read what I wrote before writing this rubbish. I never said Nigerians couldn't have their culture AND another. I said they shouldn't throw theirs away. With the way its going in next few generations many of the language in nigeria will probably be going extinct. Again, why is it that others like chinese, indians, etc all cling on to their culture, while nigerians forget about theirs because they feel speaking english and forgetting their native language makes them feel superior.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2011
trueword:

That is an even bigger inferiority complex that is being suffered by those in Nigeria that throw their language away. Throwing ones language away and only speaking English is not smart. One of main reasons people do that is they feel inferior and don't put value on what they have.

Please read what I wrote before writing this rubbish. I never said Nigerians couldn't have their culture AND another. I said they shouldn't throw theirs away. With the way its going in next few generations many of the language in Nigeria will probably be going extinct. Again, why is it that others like Chinese, Indians, etc all cling on to their culture, while Nigerians forget about theirs because they feel speaking English and forgetting their native language makes them feel superior.
Please can you exp-antiate more on these culture you are talking about? I have lived in both igbo and Yoruba land and I still struggle to understand or see these culture in any of our society. In igbo land we have stopped worshipping amadioha and in youbaa land no more sango, ogun and oya so what other tradition are we missing out from? is it respect your elders? smoking and drinking? abi na dressing? abeg please educate me on the culture my kids will miss out from if they live abroad
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by pleep(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2011
Nigerians in Nigeria are oblivious to the fact that they are living in a goldmine of oppertunities. Often after spending a few yrs abroad the realize this and come home.

Others remain ignorant and never return, sad.

America really isn't the land of opportunity, Africa is. Were else could you legally have a monopoly?
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by owo2390(m): 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2011
everything depends on your definition of opportunity!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by MandingoII(m): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2011
 Thank you, like you know what I've been trying to stress to Madam I know it all,  On the issue of electricity, mine rose from $84 to $136 to $176 and last invoice came for $146. Tell me who pays such exhorbitant amount for a two bedroom apt? Though I try to cut electricity, almost everything in my house from electronics to lighting is GREEN. I cannot help with the cost because if I don't turn AC in my house, by the time I get home, it's so heated up,[size=14pt] I hate heat and can't stand it.[/size] My AC is pretty much on for 15hrs out of 24hrs. I'm sure Madam KOBO can tell me how to cut cost by telling me turn off the AC in your home, hiss

That is the likes of KOBO, depend on social security and medicare when they retire, I'm not like that. You know how many times I have defended my country in the likes of people who hate to hear me. I strongly believe in my country and it's potentials and that's why I'm going back when I'm done here.            

You sound like you struggling in Amerikka, my brotha.

if you cannot stand american HEAT (which is exceptionally bad this summer) what are you going to do with that hit and miss Electricity in Nigeria?      

YOU ARE SPOILED ON AMERICAN EASE OF LIVING.  Yet, you are unhappy, because it is NOT YOUR HOMELAND.  

2 things for you to do:

1.  assimilate and acculturate into the American society as best you can and LEARN (or)
2.  Associate more with YOUR people.

The 2nd one will not bring you the happiness you seek but it will ease the unhappiness from home.  YOU WILL NEVER walk the street without seeing the various ethnicities in America.  They too have your struggles.

Also, You CAN be Nigerian and American at the same time!!!!!

That is healthy, That is who and what you are.  If you chose to be ONLY Nigerian in America and denigrate America or Americans, you will Always stay unhappy, always long for home , and when you return home, you will CLEARLY be unhappy there too because 1) you will be spoiled on American security, values, ease of living and sanititation  2) YOUR PEOPLE will constantly ask you,  

"Why did you Leave, You Big Dummy?

MAN UP!!!

manny grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by MandingoII(m): 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2011
Also, More Importantly, Most Working Americans DO NOT LIVE to get their Social Security checks!

america is constantly raising the age of social security (THE MONEY THEY TAKE OUT OF OUR CHECKS EVER WEEK) from 62 to 67 and now to 72.

WTF??

A lot of Black people do not live past their 60's. Most black people do not go to the hospitals and take care of their health until something catastrophic occurs. Then it is virtually too late. So basically, they are putting this money that THE AMERICAN PEOPLE PAID into OUT OF REACH!!!!

That money is YOURS if you PAID into it. I do not know why you arguing about OLD people getting money THE GOVERNMENT took out of their checks?

It is just a DUMB argument, and you are clearly devoid of the facts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

I Fear President Buhari May Be Murdered – APC Chieftain / Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / FFK: "Osinbajo Is A Pernicious Liar, Sanctimonious Self-Serving Dwarf"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.