Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,352 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller (21966 Views)

Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M / ‘I Never Said Investment In Sabmiller Now Worth $100m’ — Obi Blames ‘One Youth’ / US Embassy Debunks Fake News On Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Timmi: 8:12am On Jun 22, 2022
Freethinker87:

Let me explain this investment to you. I'm hoping that you're actually curious to learn and not to score online brownie points.

Anambra Invested N1,955,535,247.00 for a 10% stake in SABMiller in 2012. SABMiller is a subsidiary of AB Inbev. In 2017, AB Invec decided to consolidate its stake by merging SABMiller, Intafact Beverages Limited and Pabod Breweries to create a new subsidiary in Nigeria called International Breweries PLC. This merger increased the value of INTBREW greatly, however, diluted Anambra's share to 4.7% making her the 2ndsingle investor in INTBREW.

At the time of the $100M article, INTBREW was trading at N58.69 per share, so Anambra's 4.7% stake was worth around N29.64B. Assuming that the USD/NGN exchange was N300 at the time, then Anambra's stake would be worth a little over $98M.

It's really not Peter Obi's fault that Buhari collapsed Nigeria's economy. Every business is suffering right now.

So it’s Bihari’s fault that Naira have to adjust to at least reflect market trends and not been subsidize. Sense is no longer common for some people.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by agabaI23(m): 8:14am On Jun 22, 2022
Peter Obi Invested N1.96 billion and the value now is N2.24 billion (Picture)

Response to “Peter Obi's $12.24 m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38 m

I read through the article titled “Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m” and I saw a desperate attempt to find something negative on Peter Obi’s past. The writer obviously did not think through the implication of his deceptive title. Because there is no tangible thing to use again Peter, he had to exploit the outcome of fiscal policy and economic failure of Buhari’s administration to craft a title that the BMC crew will feast on. Obviously the BMC crew do not have the mind of their own and cannot think for themselves. Otherwise they would have understood the implication of the intellectual yahoo-yahoo displayed by the author of that article.

To put the record straight, N1.96 billion was invested and N2.24B (CBN) or (N3.28B) black market is the value today. There was no loss whichever way you want to look at it. it is disingenuous to report the values in dollars while you talk about Tinubu’s forced investment in Naira. ( https://technext.ng/2022/06/02/did-bola-tinubu-bring-econet-nigeria-2001/)
In fact, you have to praise Peter for investing a company that did not go bankrupt under Buhari’s administration.

Dangote, the richest man in Africa had a net worth of $7bn as at April, 2016 as against $25bn he was worth in 2014. (https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/16/aliko-dangote-and-his-slide-from-25-billion-to-7-billion/). That was an $18bn or 72% loss incurred under Buhari’s body language induced recession. Tinubu told us he single-handedly made Buhari Nigeria’s president. Even now, with Federal governments push such as selective opening of the land bother to allow him export his products, Dangote is yet recover. His current Net is still $14.2 billion.

Going by Dangote’s experience, we now know that the company lost at least 72% of its equity value. Because we do not know the profit made as at 2014, we shall work with the investment capital which was $12.24 million. Assuming there was no growth, losing 72% means $8.81 million was lost. So as at April, 2016, the value of the investment was $3.43 million. This company has without any government’s incentive grown the $3.43 million by $1.95 million to get $5.38 million. That is 36% growth in 6 years under Buhari’s hash economy. That tells you that Peter is an investor and wealth creator.

The writer of the article actually shot Buhari and Tinubu(Buhari’s Godfather) on the back because he just highlighted the damage Buhari has done to our economy.
https://www.nairaland.com/7190076/peter-obi-invested-n1.96-billion

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:16am On Jun 22, 2022
tempest01:
Una use 155 naira to dollar calculate the investment, come use 415 take convert am back.

Hahahaha... happy someone saw through that mess
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Sunsen: 8:16am On Jun 22, 2022
sekundosekundo:

Obi and Tinubu are not mate in economics, anytime any day Obi is ahead.

Please expatiate

Because even in terms of simple investment, Tinubu made a good investment, Obi made a bad investment
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by kayperry: 8:17am On Jun 22, 2022
PHIPEX:
Stop lieing, Anambra has the lowest poverty rate in NIGERIA today

if anambra is lowest proof it with verifiable stats/facts.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by hush15: 8:18am On Jun 22, 2022
Moh247:

Oya give us a scenerio of such multiple taxation in Lagos

Remember Alpha Beta doesn't make tax laws or set tax amount, their own is simply to collect and remit to Alausa

So what multiple taxation exist in Lagos

Thank you. A very good and obvious example is the TV and radio license. After we paid for vehicle license, why pay for radio again? The vehicle comes with it hence why pay separately when its attached to the vehicle?

After paying radio and license tax while paying for vehicle license, if you run a shop, you still pay for it again irrespective of the one you paid during vehicle license
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Moh247: 8:23am On Jun 22, 2022
hush15:

Thank you. A very good and obvious example is the TV and radio license. After we paid for vehicle license, why pay for radio again? The vehicle comes with it hence why pay separately when its attached to the vehicle?

After paying radio and license tax while paying for vehicle license, if you run a shop, you still pay for it again irrespective of the one you paid during vehicle license

That is totally inexcusable multiple taxation which Lagos State Assembly must look into

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by hush15: 8:26am On Jun 22, 2022
Moh247:

That is totally inexcusable multiple taxation which Lagos State Assembly must look into

There are others too. Even the Land Use Chare must be reviewed but the question is

Who is Lagos State assembly, who is alpha beta? Assembly that is filled with their sons and daughters, friends and concubines!
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by onosbaba3310: 8:27am On Jun 22, 2022
$12.24 million at 2014's official exchange rate is ₦1.897 billion. $5.38 million at 2022's official exchange rate is ₦2.233 billion.

SAB Miller generates its revenue in naira, so it has actually been profitable. The problem is the naira has lost 33% of its value.
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Onyipk: 8:29am On Jun 22, 2022
Like I stated earlier in another post, I still don't understand our level of intelligence anymore. Peter Obi governed Anambra state for eight years and made investments and savings decisions for the state.
Investments on the stock exchange we all know have been shaky overtime for years now in Nigeria.

Thus, the question should be that on the day he handed over to the next governor Obiano who has also ruled Anambra state for another eight years thereafter what was the value of the investment and savings?

You cannot blame Peter Obi if the investment has suffered losses thereafter because Obiano should have liquidated the investment.

Anyway who God has blessed, no one can curse. We are totally OBIDIENT.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Pakute: 8:29am On Jun 22, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Oho. So you knew this before flying off the handle. Do well to keep this in mind next time. angry Now clear off from my Mentions.
Your choice to be dumb and remain so. You can't seem to read in between the line.
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by jaxxy(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2022
Still better than tinubu 10times
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Magnoliaa(f): 8:32am On Jun 22, 2022
Pakute:
Your choice to be dumb and remain so. You can't seem to read in between the line.

Satisfactorily.

Now again, stop crying in my Mentions; mucus doesn't look good on your face.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by ogatboy(m): 8:32am On Jun 22, 2022
livinbygrace:
I have come to realized that there are millions of Muguns/Mumus in this country and that’s why politicians are just taking us for granted.All these”I have one shoe,enter economy flight,don’t waste money are all formats.
The Saint OBI claimed he invested $20m and that as at today has gained interests to $100m ,how come the state government is contradicting that statement?Nigerians, shine your eyes and make God not let us miss Buhari

First the guy is not a saint but the the others cannot stand when it comes to him because they are just flat our criminals. The value of the shares is a fact that APC has mismanaged the economy. Why are you gys focused on the dollar value. Focus on the naira value and tell us if it has gained or not. I think you need to shine your eye properly else you might never just make it. Read details and analyse, dont just chew all you see.
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Freethinker87: 8:33am On Jun 22, 2022
Timmi:

So it’s Bihari’s fault that Naira have to adjust to at least reflect market trends and not been subsidize. Sense is no longer common for some people.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Fastlinkpro: 8:34am On Jun 22, 2022
please i need to go and get my PVC for Peter Obi, i am tired of old parties and set backs
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by swissgoldenpro2: 8:38am On Jun 22, 2022
You people should leave Peter Obi alone
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Darkgini: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2022
I want to provide further insights to the 'fact' stated here.

If Obi invested $12million and still holds 407,321,264 units of shares at current share price of N5.5, then, holding exchange rate constant, his investment has gained over $2million dollars for the state not to mention the employment generation and the expansionary effect such investment.

Calling this a bad investment on the basis of poor FX decisions is unfair.
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Misterone: 8:43am On Jun 22, 2022
IduNaOba:
They are saying the 1.9b is up by at least another 500million naira
Is this not profit??

That 2.4b is now 5m usd is not PO's fault nah
Na him devalue naira?
Na him dey use buharinomics spoil things?
Make una blame APC abeg
but him tu lie. Why tell the world you Invested over $20m when it is not up to? You can see that Obi stole about $8m from Anambra. It's like someone that was sent on an errand with N2k. He came back to say he bought the item for N3k while in fact he bought it for N1.5k. this man is a liar and a scam

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Okoroawusa: 8:44am On Jun 22, 2022
What exactly are you guys fighting over on this thread because I just don't get it?

People that will vote Peter Obi have already made up their minds while people that will vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu have their minds made up already.

All these bickering and arguments on social media and Nairaland are not necessary.

Market your candidate and vote for him. On the election day we count votes and know who wins.

Who that one help whether Peter Obi steal money or not? No be human being?

No interesting topic on front page at all!!
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Moh247: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2022
hush15:

There are others too. Even the Land Use Chare must be reviewed but the question is

Who is Lagos State assembly, who is alpha beta? Assembly that is filled with their sons and daughters, friends and concubines!

Hmmn.. thanks for the civility and maturity displayed

You actually gave an insight on a serious fraud nobody should support

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Zona123(m): 8:45am On Jun 22, 2022
The question should be, did he invest the state government money in shares in that company? The answer is yes.
So whatever it yielded after he left office should not concern him, in business you either lose or you gain and in this case the money yielded dividend so it is a wise investment.

Another question is, did he stuff the cash into a private account ? The big answer is no
Case closed.... Obidiently we move
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Misterone: 8:48am On Jun 22, 2022
onosbaba3310:
$12.24 million at 2014's official exchange rate is ₦1.897 billion. $5.38 million at 2022's official exchange rate is ₦2.233 billion.

SAB Miller generates its revenue in naira, so it has actually been profitable. The problem is the naira has lost 33% of its value.
the man lied. That is the point. Him Tu lie

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by sekundosekundo: 8:50am On Jun 22, 2022
kayperry:

Companies are folding up not becos of bad investment, buh rather as a result of high cost of operation, incessant extortions and bad policies. people are relocating to ghana becos of stable power supply, the investment is not bad buh the cost of running it in ghana is more feasible than remain here.
Govt policies are bad, buh still on still telecomms, dstv, and even shoprite are recording massive profit every year ... so the major factor here is choice bad or good.
investment is a prediction base in what the investor envisioned. good or bad investment sums it up

Sorry you know nothing about investment for you to mention Telecoms, DStv and ShopRite. What Obi did was never a bad investment but your government policies are to be blamed. The only investment your government policies don't affect nagatively is land and property investment.
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Pakute: 8:53am On Jun 22, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Satisfactorily.

Now again, stop crying in my Mentions; mucus doesn't look good on your face.
If trolling is all you could than learn in politics section, you better stick your gossip ass in romance section where your brain is always at its finest.
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by laladre: 8:56am On Jun 22, 2022
livinbygrace:
I have come to realized that there are millions of Muguns/Mumus in this country and that’s why politicians are just taking us for granted.All these”I have one shoe,enter economy flight,don’t waste money are all formats.
The Saint OBI claimed he invested $20m and that as at today has gained interests to $100m ,how come the state government is contradicting that statement?Nigerians, shine your eyes and make God not let us miss Buhari

May GOD give you SENSE.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by okafor67(f): 8:59am On Jun 22, 2022
Pipefitter:
This same thing was posted yesterday as an investigation from Thecable.

https://www.nairaland.com/7189779/peter-obis-12.24m-investment-breweries

I don't know how Anambra commissioner pulled something online and signed it.
First I think we should verify the source of the news, now let's assume it's authentic, a lot of people who read that will fail to understand that the investment made profit considerably, excluding the dividends the must have gotten over the years, the value of the shares has grown from 1.9B to about 2.2B.

Get it, the investment was made in naira, now the exchange rate of dollar made it less than the invested amount, who do you blame for that? Who's accountable for a country's economy?

We a minority that think in Nigeria.
Nigerians don't read and think critically.
The investment has actually made a lot of money over the years but buharis destruction of the naira and inflation has made it look like it's lost money. Who ever is trying to push this false narrative of a massive loss is dishonest
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Magnoliaa(f): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2022
Pakute:
If trolling is all you could than learn in politics section, you better stick your gossip ass in romance section where your brain is always at its finest.

Abi werey leleyi? Abi, ke? No. You're mad. There is no doubt about it. grin

You come into my mention, hurling insults at me and you're saying I am trolling.

I am a gossip ass, yet you know me reach romance section and even how well I comment. Eskiss sir, ori yin ti gbale. E be like say you smoke skunk before logging into NL this morning abi? I won't be surprised. That's what your paymasters have rendered your life- drugs and hooliganism. Laaro kutukutu.

It's not too late for you sha. SUPPORT PETER OBI today and turn your life around for good.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by Misterone: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2022
jaxxy:
Still better than tinubu 10times
better than Tinubu you say? While Tinubu was dealing in blue chip stocks, Obi was still doing pepper and Maggi trade. An investor should know when to invest and when to pull out. Tinubu invested in Econet, made billions for Lagos state and pulled out. That is a good investor. Not someone that invested $12m, now the value is $5.5m. that is a huge loss.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by kayperry: 9:16am On Jun 22, 2022
sekundosekundo:

Sorry you know nothing about investment for you to mention Telecoms, DStv and ShopRite. What Obi did was never a bad investment but your government policies are to be blamed. The only investment your government policies don't affect nagatively is land and property investment.

I hate mouth say lets go stats or fact verifying, google shoprite investment in nigeria and how much it was sold, google entertainment industry and tell me how they're thriving despite government bad policies.
Do you know much how dstv has generated from just big brother alone in last 4years can any shareholder recount loss... when it comes to investment the focus is making the right choice, government policies is a like a pot hole and every good investor must envisaged, these are things you must put into consideration pre-investing. lets go stats /facts

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by onunwa21(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2022
Golan007:
Obi too lie.
We love him!!
We re Obidentttttttttttt to his lies!!!
Re: Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller by pquaver(m): 9:21am On Jun 22, 2022
Freethinker87:
Let's dive right into the facts.

* Peter Obi invested N1,955,535,247.00 in SABMiller, now INTBREW (In Naira, not USD)
* Anambra currently owns 4.7% of International Breweries.
* As of 6AM, 22/06/2022 INTBREW is valued at N155.771B
* Anambra's 4.7% stake is currently valued at N7.32B (Not N2.3B)
* Anambra's stake in INTBREW is up by 374%

...but somehow the political science and mass comm graduates at TheCableNG want me to believe that Anambra took a heavy loss from this investment. So if I bought a piece of land for N500,000 in 2012 and sold it for N1.87M in 2022, I'm trading at a loss.

It's not Obi's fault that Buharinomics crashed the Naira. Hold APC responsible for that.

Hold apc also responsible that Tinubu invested 4billion in econet and got a profit of over 100 billion so it is safe to say Tinubu is a better investor right grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anambra Receives N268.2 Million First Oil Allocation As Oil Producing State / Governor Ugwuanyi Honours Amankwo Obuno Akpugo With 9 A1s In WAEC / Why Buhari, Atiku May Fail — Fr. Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.