Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? (9779 Views)

Only Rich Guys Should Have Sexual Relations? A Lady's View / Is It True That Rich Men Always Choose Tall Girls? / Why Are Ladies Scared To Date Handsome Guys?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by Sagamite(m): 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2011
TeskyMan:

Gbam!!! you spoke my mind.

Hey you young guys!!!. I understand your feelings.

Anyone who thinks getting Marriage is all about being caged is nothing but a nonentity.  Sorry, if that hurts!

One thing you people fail to realise is that as far as LIFE is concern - there is something called "T-I-M-E". You cant be a youth forever.
Two they say, is better than one - though it comes with its UPs and DOWNs. Yea, thats how the world is created. Sometime its sweet and some times it bitter. Anyone, who would always want LIFE to be "Bed of Roses" is either a clown of himself or he/she is not ready to face the reality of life. Being TWO, when one falls, the other helps thats how GOD intelligently and fundamentally created the workings of Human Being. It would have been very possible if the factor of T-I-M-E is not included in the equation of man. But so sorry, TIME will soon catchup with you and before you say "JACK ROBINSON" - You are gone.

Who believe say "MIKE TYSON" fit broke?? Ohh, meaning you never knew what could happen to all your riches and bla bla, There is NO WAY in LIFE you wouldn't need an HELPING HAND. Its darm IMPOSSIBLE, I repeat darm IMPOSSIBLE.

Sincerely, anyone who is afraid of getting marriage is afraid of being RESPONSIBLE.

6 years into the school of marriage is no joke. Come and learn, Chicken hearted fellas!!!!!!!!!!

Wetin I dey do here sef, hisssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

All this steeewpid adages our so-called graduate use to back up their mooronic arguments is shocking.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-658179.320.html#msg8300542

So is two wahala better than one?

Is two diseases better than one?

Our education needs an overhaul and serious investment.
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by 3direct: 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2011
Anvaller:

Advice to the poster: Redefine this thread by defining rich in this context. Give a rough pucture of the kind of,living standard you call "RICH"

To people's comment generally, there is something missing. It is wrong when you think that having a girlfriend means you are free and having a wife means you are caged. This depends on who exactly is your gilfriend and who is your wife. You may truly be free if you have just what I call a sexmate.

My point is may be some guys here are mis-using the word girlfriend while they are actually referring to sexmates

My comment on the topic: If some guys are not getting married, it doesnt mean they are afraid. I disagree totally. What is happening most of the time in this kind of situation is that these guys are engulfed by their career and are carried away with it. They begin to set targets for themselves because they are doing very good at the moment, a catalyst that makes you want to be on top of the game of your profession at the shortest possible time which is always looking very interesting. You travel a lot and you are  ready to keep travelling as long as it is part of building your career.

At this point, when people say "hey you are doing good, go get married" what you do is look at your career, your targets and marriage and you would see apparently that marriage would slow you down, absolutely. You can't move aggressively anymore, you would turn down many offers because you have to be with your family. You have to shed off reasonable amount of time you would have used working to attend to family issues. Your wife would demand quality time and attention, these things can not just be dealt with on part time basis, unless you are looking for a low-life lady that you can suppress and oppress at your will. Otherwise a highly educated lady would demand for an ideal matrimony. In most cases, some men disregard this issues and go ahead and get married but there is always conflict of interests between him and his wife. People see some guys who are not getting married as irresponsible but I do not agree. I am also not married yet and I think my decision to remain unmarried at this moment makes me more responsible than many who are already married but pays less attention to their family.

That's it.

Tell dem again!!
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by enomakos(m): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2011
dude you are just enjoying yourself banging different ladies and u do not want the enjoyment to end
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by kodewrita(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2011
get married and become responsible

That has to be one deeply parochial and irritating sh*t. So the millions of hard working, fast-rising single young men and women managing million-dollar accounts and delivering targets and promises on a daily basis ARE irresponsible. Pls open the windows and smell the roses. You DO NEED IT.

Marriage is cool. But I dont appreciate this societal drive to push you into one. My friends are getting hooked up like its a competition. "Hey I got an Xbox". "Me too, I got a PS3".  eissh.

Its a life-long contract, there's no rush. Besides, I believe there is a 2-8 year interval in man's life when he should be single, extremely hard working, very very mobile. If that gap is not allowed, you end up acting up in later life.

My fear is not living my life well on my own and then getting into marriage to start experiments(which should have been concluded earlier).

Nobody goes into marriage fully mature. Its the last chance for us all to get mature.

But at the same time, its better to go in 75% MATURE than to rush in because the world says so.

Do things when you want not because the world says so.

@OP you just have to learn to accept that your money is going to be a factor ALWAYS. what matters is the degree to which it is. If its the only factor, then its not worth it.

enomakos:

dude you are just enjoying yourself banging different ladies and u do not want the enjoyment to end
grin
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by Sagamite(m): 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2011
kodewrita:

That has to be one deeply parochial and irritating excreta. So the millions of hard working, fast-rising single young men and women managing million-dollar accounts and delivering targets and promises on a daily basis ARE irresponsible. Pls open the windows and smell the roses. You DO NEED IT.

Marriage is cool. But I dont appreciate this societal drive to push you into one. My friends are getting hooked up like its a competition. "Hey I got an Xbox". "Me too, I got a PS3".  eissh.

Its a life-long contract, there's no rush. Besides, I believe there is a 2-8 year interval in man's life when he should be single, extremely hard working, very very mobile. If that gap is not allowed, you end up acting up in later life.

My fear is not living my life well on my own and then getting into marriage to start experiments(which should have been concluded earlier).

Nobody goes into marriage fully mature. Its the last chance for us all to get mature.

But at the same time, its better to go in 75% MATURE than to rush in because the world says so.

Do things when you want not because the world says so.

@OP you just have to learn to accept that your money is going to be a factor ALWAYS. what matters is the degree to which it is. If its the only factor, then its not worth it.
grin

Lovely post.
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by 3direct: 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2011
I have not have enough poona, why should i marry now, I will rather wait lol
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by Amya(f): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2011
Those who are afraid to get married simply don't have the balls for it. @OP whoever told you you are rich? go and sit down somewhere my friend.
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by kodewrita(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Amya leave the balls out of it. thats not a FACTOR.  grin.

Lots of married wussies in this world and it hasnt made the world any better.

Its not about being manly, its about filling a need in both parties.

once you get the money and emotional parts out of the way, it ceases to be an alpha male thing and more of a life choice.

The rule is simple: Can I live the next 40+ years (optimistic range dont u think?  grin ) with this "madam"?

Aside: How's the blog going? Nice blog profile pix by the way.
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by Sagamite(m): 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2011
Amya:

Those who are afraid to get married simply don't have the balls for it.

If someone is not interested in marriage does that mean they are afraid?

What kind of balls do you need for marriage that is unique?
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by 3direct: 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2011
Sagamite:

Saga tell am , he think he's got ball, B ball or football?? he like child's play
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by dayokanu(m): 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2011
Amya:

Those who are afraid to get married simply don't have the balls for it. @OP whoever told you you are rich? go and sit down somewhere my friend.

expantiate pls
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by mamagee3(f): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^Why don't you do the expantiating? undecided
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by claremont(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2011
Sagamite:

Seconded! At times, I wonder how people just sit down somewhere and arrive at irrational conclusions, it beggars belief.
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by horny4u(f): 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2011
How much is rich ?

A man without a woman who loves him is nothing

e.g Can you imagine Obama without Michelle, Murdoch without Wendi

No soldier in this world like a woman who loves you, she will stand thru fire for you and will nuture you to true greatness while still giving you mind blowing s.ex and love making, loyalty like you never seen before, she will bring up your kids to see the king in you,she will need you to complete her life and in exchange you give her and her children your name , protect and provide for her.

So forget money, by 2020 we will probably have more women millionaires than men, so forget the money and lets get down to the emotions. No one was buried with money but some people die today and their spouse follow them tomorrow.

if you are a man and you have not felt this kind love from a woman , maybe you need to downgrade your car and all those swag to eliminate the wrong gals cos even a loose woman will leave the richest man for a man she truly loves, Gbabe,

You berra commit to finding your rib, money sha,
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by Sagamite(m): 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
horny4u:

How much is rich ?

e.g Can you imagine Obama without  Michelle, Murdoch without Wendi

No soldier in this world like a woman who loves you, she will stand thru fire for you and will nuture you to true greatness while still giving you mind blowing s.ex and love making, loyalty like you never seen before, she will bring up your kids to see the king in you,she will need you to complete her life and in exchange you give her and her children your name , protect and provide for her.

So forget money, by 2020 we will probably have more women millionaires than men, so forget the money and lets get down to the emotions. No one was buried with money but some people die today and their spouse follow them tomorrow.

if you are a man and you have not felt this kind love from a woman , maybe you need to downgrade your car and all those swag to eliminate the wrong gals cos even a loose woman will leave the richest man for a man she truly loves, Gbabe,

What utter tosh!

So you need to be married for a woman to love you?

Simon Cowell is nothing?

George Clooney is nothing?

They need a woman to nurture them to greatness? Like the ones that nurtured Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson, John Cleese and so many others to poverty?

Don't let me go into your ridiculous 2020 prediction. That will be a feast!

Utter tosh!
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by dayokanu(m): 11:03pm On Aug 05, 2011
Bill gates was already the richest man in the World before he got married so what did the wife add to him.

mama-gee:

^^Why don't you do the expantiating? undecided

I wont mind expantiating on your thigh.

Mamagee you would soon be legal and we can legally do the deed
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by lindabon: 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2011
oh God! marriage is not by force man. marriage is really an over flogged issue in dis our 9ja society. poster, u can make a choice neva to get married and no one will force u to do otherwise. whateva rocks your boat! which one na "rich guys wit money"!! so na only poor guys dey get liver marry now abi. grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2011
can y'all imagine the kind of rubbish that some women (and men) will come up with to feel good about marriage?
see how they are quick to compare non married with irresponsibility, immaturity, jobless etc, i am patiently waiting for someone to say "not human" too lol.

poor me, if i'd listen to the rubbish that Horny4u wrote, nobody ever loved me since i am not married sniff sniff, rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!
UTTER NONSENSE
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by mikkymoi(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2011
smiley
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by aribisala0(m): 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2011
horny4u:

How much is rich ?

e.g Can you imagine Obama without  Michelle, Murdoch without Wendi

if you are a man and you have not felt this kind love from a woman
, maybe you need to downgrade your car and all those swag to eliminate the wrong gals cos even a loose woman will leave the richest man for a man she truly loves, Gbabe,

are we talking about the same wendi,the golddigger at 42 with an 80 year  old billionaire . the same wendi that was brought to america by an elderly couple to study ? didn't she break their marriage and marry the husband for green card .
please don't make me laugh
i feel that kind of love.,.,.,. for 3 women lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by aribisala0(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2011
Amya:

RYAN GIGGS has big balls grin
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by Sagamite(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2011
aribisala0:

are we talking about the same wendi,the golddigger at 42 with an 80 year  old billionaire . the same wendi that was brought to america by an elderly couple to study ? didn't she break their marriage and marry the husband for green card .
please don't make me laugh
i feel that kind of love.,.,.,. for 3 women lipsrsealed

Kai! I missed that because I was very irritated by the Obama argument.

She pulled that Wendi from her arse. Selfish, hustling gold digger is the person she said Murdoch is nothing without.

So Murdoch was not something before he met or married her?

Utter junk her post is.
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by aribisala0(m): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2011
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2011
Its funny that all them broke a** niggas on here suddenly claiming to be rich. . .LMAO!!!  grin

Unless you Bill Gates or fall close to that category then sitchu broke a***s down and STFU!
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by kodewrita(m): 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2011
ThoniaSlim:

Its funny that all them broke a** niggas on here suddenly claiming to be rich. . .LMAO!!! grin

Unless you Bill Gates or fall close to that category then sitchu broke a***s down and STFU!

welcome back madam.

Been a while.

Well we can't afford to buy the chrysler building or the rockefeller building or trump towers.

But a few can at least fund your expensive stay in cyprus, buy up land the size of your tiny village or at least cruise around in a car that doesnt squeak and requires no mechanic/duct tape.

At least some excess disposable income qualifies us as being rich in THIS 3RD WORLD COUNTRY.

and as long as we can do all that &
---->take a trip anywhere we want, anytime we want,
----> Buy almost anything we want without a family meeting/church fundraising,
----> wear what we want just because we want it,
we have a right to call ourselves rich and richer than the remaining 95% of the world who have to spend with even greater care and fear.
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by cantell(m): 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2011
kodewrita:

welcome back madam.

Been a while.

Well we can't afford to buy the chrysler building or the rockefeller building or trump towers.

But a few can at least fund your expensive stay in cyprus, buy up land the size of your tiny village or at least cruise around in a car that doesnt squeak and requires no mechanic/duct tape.

At least some excess disposable income qualifies us as being rich in THIS 3RD WORLD COUNTRY.

---->  Buy almost anything we want without a family meeting/church fundraising,
we have a right to call ourselves rich and richer than the remaining 95% of the world who have to spend with even greater care and fear.
O boy you get mouth!
Three gbosas!
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by CzarChris(m): 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2011
Very,very Interesting topic guys. But seriously I thought I was alone on this. I honestly don't consider myself as rich (unless of course my bank worth gets to the standard of say over $10 billion wink ) but am wayyyyyyyyyy far from being broke. If not for the love I have for children and having to bring them up in balanced home, I seriously would never consider marriage for whatever it's worth, though am still considering contract marriage. I personally can't stand the drama of your "wife" being a parasite on you, to those their annoying PMS swings. Seriously I cherish my alone time more than anything, marriage is overrated, marriage is nothing short of alcartraz, only difference is that the warden doesn't have assess to your credit card tongue tongue
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by CzarChris(m): 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2011
kodewrita:

welcome back madam.

Been a while.

---->  Buy almost anything we want without a family meeting/church fundraising,
grin grin grin ROTFLMFAO grin grin grin
Classic dude, Classic
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2011
As far as I'm concerned we have three major social classes in the world, the poor, middle class and the elite (Rich) so if you don't fall into the category of the elite. . . then puhleaseee spare us the unnecessary trumpet blowing and sitchu a** down! Kapish! cool
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by kodewrita(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ouch!!! that hurt a lil.

but

Odeshi!!! try harder.
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by Sagamite(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
ThoniaSlim:

As far as I'm concerned we have three major social classes in the world, the poor, middle class and the elite (Rich) so if you don't fall into the category of the elite. . . then puhleaseee spare us the unnecessary trumpet blowing and sitchu a** down! Kapish! cool

You are wrong on that. Very wrong.

In the UK, there are five classes:

1 - Wealthy achievers (wealthy executives, affluent greys and flourishing families)

2 - Urban prosperity (prosperous professionals, educated urbanites and aspiring singles)

3 - Comfortably off (starting out, secure families, settled suburbia and prudent pensioners)

4 - Modest means (asian communities, post industrial families and blue collar roots)

5 - Hard pressed (struggling families, burdened singles, burdened singles, inner city adversity and unclassified)

Another popular social classification used is:

A - Professionals such as doctors, surgeons, solicitors or dentists; chartered people such as architects; fully qualified people with a large degree of responsibility such as senior editors, senior civil servants, town clerks, senior business executives and managers, and high ranking grades of the Services.

B - People with very responsible jobs such as university lecturers, pharmacists, hospital matrons, heads of local government departments, middle management in business, qualified scientists, bank managers, police inspectors, and upper grades of the Services.

C1 - All others doing non-manual jobs; nurses, technicians, salesmen, publicans, people in clerical positions, police sergeants, and middle ranks of the Services.

C2 - Skilled manual workers/craftsmen who have served apprenticeships; foremen, manual workers with special qualifications such as long distance lorry drivers, security officers, police constables, and lower grades of Services.

D - Semi-skilled and un-skilled manual workers, including labourers and mates of occupations in the C2 grade and people serving apprenticeships; machine minders, farm labourers, bus and railway conductors, laboratory assistants, postmen, door-to-door and van salesmen.

E - Those on lowest levels of subsistence including pensioners, casual workers, and others with minimum levels of income.

- Majority of those in 1 and A are not regarded as elite.
- Those in 1 and A plus majority of those in 2 and B are normally regarded as affluent.
- Those in 1, 2, A, B plus majority of those in 3 and C1 will be regarded as affluent by third world standard, Nigeria is 5th world.
Re: Why Is It That Rich Guys Are Too Scared To Get Married? by CzarChris(m): 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2011
^^^I gotta say, quite enlightening. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Ex Want Me To Fvck Her(screenshot) / Do You Miss Me ? 9ja Adult Movie Star Peace Shows Off Her Boobs In New Photos / Abet No Any Nairalander Gel Fine Reach My Babe (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.