Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? (13893 Views)

Niger-delta What Next / Niger-delta What Next / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by xkape(m): 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2006
I live in the ND but i am from the West and i feel it is deplorable that the region has been allowed to deteriorate to this level. The East-West road is probably the busiest road in the country save the lagos-Ibadan-nothern route but the road is an eyesore. If a third mainland bridge could be built in Lagos with oil money i dont see why  bridges cant link places like Bonny Abonema Okrika etc. The niger Delta is in dissaray due to decades of neglect. Let us not be decieved by current government efforts, they are like a yoruba addage, treating the ringworm on a lepers skin. The people of the ND have a right to fight for their very lively-hood.And if kidnapping will help the , so be it. For years the money was flowing into nothern private pockets and the irony is the average notherner is more wretched than the average deltan.
However, that is only one side of the story and i speak from the perspective of one who has lived in the villages of the ND
1. Let us keep in mind , the bigger picture; all you see in the papers as political crises is almost exclusively the manipulation of selfish politicians e.g. EFCC, NDVF, MASSOB etc. So do not be decieved , keep an open mind.
2. Niger Deltans are angry at the rest of Nigerians now especially at the Notherners (traditional bad-guys in the eyes of all southerners) and Westerners (mostly because of the baboon-human experiment in Aso Rock) but they forget the following
         a)the period that gave  the educational and infrastructural advantage to the west ,and to a lesser extent to the core east, was the pre-oil days of the regions. At this time the regional leaders were basically responsible for the areas under them.This is where the Ibos failed the people of the ND. Remember that the west and notrh have minority groups too but integration and equality (at least to a great  extent) was such in these parts that there is not a great gap in development within these areas nor are the peoples of these areas complaining  (at least not too loudly) about marginalisation. We tend to forget that there are many non-Yoruba groups in the west like Eguns, Badagrys, Ilajes, peoples of Kwara etc but you will not readily notice that now. The old Eastern region was noted (if the truth will be told) by the nepotism of Ibos. This was the genesis of the underdevelopment of the ND. As a case in point, areas that were under the western region but later became the midwest (Edo, Sapele etc) are marginally more developed than the Eastern-region controlled areas of the ND. So our brothers in the ND should blame their current predicament on all of Nigeria and not just some parts especially with the recent wooing by their Ibo neighbours who are trying to paint themselves white in this whole Nigerian questions. Let us also remember that it was an Ibo man that centralised the government and resourses of Nigeria because it suited his purpose at the time i.e. Aguyi Ironsi.
          b) It is unfortunate to observe that the Niger Delta is breeding a generation of youths thatwill ensure the destruction of the region if care is not taken. In every village the most powerful force are the  "youths". These are almost always drug-using drop-out cut boys. These boys have taken over the region , they conduct election rigging, they are judge jury and executioner in the ND. Their cult system will shame all the ajebo cults of UI, UNILAG UNIBEN etc. There is no social structure in place to control these boys because (sorry to say) respect for the word of elders is not the strong-point of the cultural ethos of that part of the country. Every man does as he wishes. These boys have also been supercharged by the money guns and power struggles of people like OBJs golden boy Peter O.I was priviledged to see fist-hand a dey-gbam vs dey-well clash in Rivers state; let it suffice to say that after that you will not watch an action film again. These are the future of the Niger Delta.  The NDans  on this forum that are talking about the ability of ND to control their resources are probably sitting in front of a computer in Lagos with his UNIBEN certificate on the wall. Another case in point, ELF was looking for 4 geology graduates in the Omuku- Ahoda region to employ a few years ago. They could only find one. Of course they had to fill up the space with people from other places (the hated Yorubas ,Ibos) who had PhD holders in every wall crack
 So let our ND brothers consider all the issues before they self destruct in an effort to right legitimate and horrendous wrongs. Nigeria Existed before oil and can survive without the ND. But can the ND survive without Nigeria?
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by gbengaijot(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2006
j
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by gigitte(f): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2006
my last response
@otokx i feel you but err in the case of univeristy admission, this thing is called affrimative action the whole merit, catchment and state thing, i agree it is very bad and should be gotten rid of, it was designed to help northerners (though it backfired) not discriminate against southwesterners so dont vex

again, oil companies are not your friends, they are very ammoral (note, the agip story) , kick em' out! but with intelligence oh, because these are not small boys, you think they care about your land (note oil spills and gas flaring), are they nigerians? is royal dutch shell royal naija shell lol? to make matters worse they are in cohorts with some dodo ppl in this country

intelligence and foresight is the way forward! remember in the bible, when the smaller army was fighting the big one, they did not rush headlong into war, they strategized!
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by gigitte(f): 11:26pm On Mar 01, 2006
@slim nike, haba now did you take geography or social studies in primary school?
nigeria, the whole of it is blessed with natural resources, evn if it is groundnut, or sesame seed, or cattle it is still a natural resource, evn though the groundnut trade is now dead thanks to oil, it was a HUGE thing back in the day, with ppl coming from places like scotland sef to chop their own, hence some white nigerians in kano. havent you seen those groundnut pyramids on a naira note, i suggest we all look at a primary school atlas, ahn ahn on those maps of natural resources the legends were even fighting for space on the map, nigeria is blessed in all quarters, let us not say that so and so has nothing it is not true, even now those cows you eat a lot of them are thanks to fulani bororoje
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by xkape(m): 11:13am On Mar 02, 2006
gbengeijot
I can see from ur pic that u are just a kid. Next time try and read carefully before u jump to conclusions. From all i wrote all u could pick out was that i feel NDans should rot in hell? Jeeez!! Besides, "western verbal culture"? what is that?.
To reiterate i think that if PROTESTS AND KIDNAPPINGS will help to eliminate the INJUSTICE that NDans are suffering ,MEND SHOULD RIDE ON. Those people deserve a lot more than they are getting right now. But let us not be fooled by propaganda, the hausa man is not our problem nor the pakistani for that matter, but the currupt greedy Nigerian Elite, people that loot funds so they can send thier children to school abroad and come and talk rubish on Nigerian forums. No disrespect to all you hardworking honest Nigerians out there.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by gbengaijot(m): 12:42pm On Mar 02, 2006
n
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by xkape(m): 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2006
@gbenga
no hard feelings mate grin
But u must see we are on the same side. I want what is best for the ND to ( if not for anything, they have the finest women in Nigeria grin)
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by gbengaijot(m): 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2006
Mmmmmmmmmm, thanks man. They surely do.lol, hope to see more of your post. welcome to nairaland
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by nightrider: 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2006
Government is heavily taxing the oil companies.
Government officials are stealing the tax money
Government therefore cannot develop the Niger Delta

The oil companies cannot develop the niger delta because of the huge taxation
The oil companies say it amounts to being double taxed

Niger delta youths revolt.
I support their cause! i just can't help myself after seeing how dirt poor they are!
But i don't support kidnapping white men.

They should find another way to stop the oil extraction until the Niger delta is turned into Paradise.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by slimnike(m): 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2006
Gigitte thank you very much.Now let me let you know this,before you call something natural resources in Nigeria that thing most be contributing urge about of money to the Federal Government.How much is groundnut contributing to Nigeria,even cattle.Ok let divide Nigeria now,NIGER DELTA,BIAFRA.Niger delta have oil that will bring urge about for them,Biafra have what we call IGBO made that you most be puting on now.So how much will cattle,groundnut bring to the Northernals,?when we no longer support agriculture because of oil.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by otokx(m): 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2006
Nigeria will not be divided. The People that say they are in power should provide basic amenities to the citizenry.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by gigitte(f): 10:12pm On Mar 02, 2006
@slimnike
you are most welcome. please feel free to define natural resources anyway you want, but im sure you will agree with me that the most widely accepted definition of a natural resource is something that can be harnessed to produce useful consumable products, this is not say it has to be harnessed before it is labelled a natural resource in nigeria. oil was a natural resource long before it was discovered. true these things no longer contribute anything to the economy but it is because of a lack of resource management not resource availability which is the fault of the FG. perhaps you should have noted that they did not contribute anything rather than saying that they were not there

finally, i don't do 'aba'
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by gospelman(m): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2006
Please,has any body been to the Niger Delta?
The Nigerian Government is just being simply wicked.Both the federal and state governments in that area are simply stonehearted.
How much does it take to develop the area that has been sustaining the Nigerian economy?
How much does it take to tar the roads,build schools,hospitals,etc.Just beautify the place and let's see if the people will be bold enough to talk.

The oldest hostage said he does not hold anything against them because he has seen they are dirt poor.That's an American Oil worker talking.

So what are we saying??
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by owo(m): 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2006
As an answer to a question by gigitte (echoed by axeprince) I reaffirm that Niger Deltans are not and will not be their own problem. It is the colonialists, imposters and rapists that are the source, cause and perpetrators of the problems in the region. All (ALL) of the regions problems have been foisted on it by these same people. Whoever knew Alams some years ago, understands what I mean.

On personnel, it takes gross ignorance of history and current realities in the ND to state that there are not enough qualified persons to populate any sphere of endeavour, including of the oil industry. If Edo, from where the current shell MD hails is not part of the ND then, geography has been dealt a great blow for making such a colossal 'mistake'. In any case, a quick check on the highest Nigerian in the SPDC for the last 40 years will tell the story. Those complaining about the absence of ND citizens that have the requisite skills should ask the current HR 'whoever'of that company why many of the SITP admission lists have had to be reworked over and over again due to obvious manipulations.
It is wholly untrue, and part of a wholesale lie, to state that there are no qualified  ND people for the jobs in the oil industry. .  You need details? I'm sure this page will not contain the info.

Furthermore, can the ND survive without Nigeria? YES,  A VERY BIG YES.
A region and people that have borne the brunt of Nigeria's survival in the last forty years can certainly take care of itself, what ever the odds. But will Nigeria survive without the ND? I DON'T KNOW. Most likely, it will not.
The feudal North and the mercantile east cannot stay on the same table, for long, when there is no large chunk of another person's money to share. Neither can the west survive the absence of federally allocated (ND money) revenue  (without being a net exporter of persons and a net importer of goods - all goods).

In conclusion, cogent and genuine answers to the following questions may help unravel the real problem of the Niger Delta
1. Why has the 'better' and 'greater' nigeria, with 'better' human resources, been unable to fashion out a better way (apart from draining the ND) of getting revenue to feed, cloth, house and transport itself?
2. Why does a country of over 100million people have millions of its best brains in Europe and America working under under-employment?
3.How has a clique been able to rule, manipulate and corner the leadership, resources and energies of Nigeria for last 45years tot he disadvantage of the vast majority?
4. Why must the status quo (reeking with the characteristics of hell) in every sphere of life (politics, economics, health, education etc) be allowed to remain unchallenged?
5. How long must a person be kept, pinned on the wall by oppresion, before he reacts to save his life?
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by xkape(m): 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2006
@owo
It is wholly untrue, and part of a wholesale lie, to state that there are no qualified ND people for the jobs in the oil industry. .
try not to be sentimental, if by relative population alone, in an equal opportunity environment, NDans will still have less pple in oil companies than say Ibos and Yorubas. If we then take demographics of an index like say secondary school enrolment they would have a lesser proportion still because of the underdeveloped infrastructure. SO I dont think for now NDans can carry the load, maybe after a few years of serious development. And oil firms a run by expats mostly for profit, they dont care where u r from they want results. so in the end they choose those who are most qualified for the job. so do not beef non-indegenes that end up in shell Warri or PH. Its not their fault. Besides pple only notice the non-indegenes and gripe, they overlook the thousands of NDans that do work in these places.
Another thing , i taught secondary school children inPH for a whole year and i was appaled. I know education is bad in Nigeria but i thought it was the north that had students that could write their names. We teachers wrote all their exams for them and they are all mostly happy in RSUST right now. How Do u expect them to compete? There is no friggin way!!! Except people are given jobs just because they are from the ND and would that not equate to the same nepotism that we are blaming the rest of the country for?
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by 9ijaMan: 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2006
Xkape,
Na true u talk o! I wonder what makes Owo think Ndans can survive alone while other regions can't. B4 oil, other regions no starve o!
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by owo(m): 11:40am On Mar 04, 2006
Before Oil, ND did not starve neither were they annihilated.

So what makes you think they cannot live on their own without other parts of Nigeria?

If other people can survive then, certainly, the Niger Delta can.

It beats the imagination, that every other part of Nigeria wants the Niger Delta to remain a part of Nigeria, while at the same time claiming that they do not need the Delta to survive.
Then, to hell (abi heaven) with every other group.

If the Delta is not Nigeria's only source of survival then, let go of the Delta and lets see who will suffer
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by xkape(m): 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2006
It seems owo is bent on secession! Good for u. We will have a country called warri, another called sapele and ogoni and ikwerre and the great federation of izon nations, etc, it will make the balkans will look like a playground argument. Get real!!!!! how many groups were in the last crisis that almost anihilated warri , 4 or 5? Considered the consequences of ur actions before u start calling for war. I feel the ND should be compensated for all the injustice but, let us be realistic
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by owo(m): 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2006
Can we agree that the ND can stay on its own if necessary? So will the other groups.
Therefore it is not relevant for anyone to insinuate that one group or the other has a greater ability to stay on its own.

For centuries we had existed without this contraption called Nigeria. We can and will continue to exist in spite of it.

This thread is about getting the real issues that the ND question brings to the fore, an these distractions (secession, war etc) are just a replica of what many non Deltans do on ND issues. They look for ways to show that the region is incapable of existing, yet they feed fat on its men, women, children and resources with reckless abandon. The rulers practice this and its not surprising that we are witnessing the same thing here.
The questions posed by my earlier post and the topic of this thread remain unanswered and may not be for this reason.

Just like some Americans think that Africa is a big jungle, many (despite being educated with the region's money) have conjured up images of the delta as one barren, un-populated mass of swamps, creeks and crude oil that would have remained a jungle if they did not do it a favour by exploiting it. Its the very same mentallity that sustained colonial power against which we all fought. To be sure, Nigeria has done more harm to the Delta and its custodians than any other event, group of events or persons in the history of that socio-political entity

For the purpose of emphasy, the Niger Delta is not looking for sympathy, donation, handouts, allocation, percentage or whatever other name/adjective can be used to describe 'benevolence'. It is seeking, and legitimately so, to control, be in charge, steer, map-out and 'determine' the destiny of its generations (now and those yet unborn).

The Nigerian system is not designed its peoples and the Delta is worst hit despite paying all its bills.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by ono(m): 3:22pm On Mar 04, 2006
My brother Owo, those factual questions of yours will never be answered. These people will keep beating about the bush. Don't waste your time and energy trying to convince them to the contrary.

But they should know, that what goes up must one day come down. This situation we the ND people find ourselves will not continue forever. There's going to be a cataclysmic change very soon. And it will wipe off all the enemies of the region, and their collaborators like a Tsunami!

This xcape boy has forgotten that the ND people now knows their common enemy: The lopsided and ethnicised FG. The unity amongs the various ethinc groups in the Delta has been strenghtened over the years by this understanding that there's a common foe setting one ethinic group against the other for the sole aim of exploiting the innocent people.

Unkonwn to xcape, these MEND Patriots have the backing and support of all the ethnic groups in the Delta, from the Edo/Delta region, all the way to our border with Cameroon in AkwaIbom/Calabar Axis. And the tempo will continue to rise in years to come.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by issacboro: 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2006
I am very sad with this forum because tribalism is in this forum lets call a spade a spade instead of beating round the bush.
If niger delta seceed from the nigerian republic nigeria is finished why what do you have you will still buy oil from us and energy is key to development.
You people think that we niger deltians are stupid and we are illitrates that do not have education well the wool is out of our eyes now and the isekeries have started there own agitations for the oil companies to leave there land because of what they discribed and bad management by the oil companies and trust me when the urobos and the isokos join then you will know that the end is at hand.
I have a problem with you yorubas i am not a tribalist but the way you guys in this forum talk makes me to understand that you people will never change because OBJ is a yoruba man he can never do anything wrong and who ever says he his not doing well should be silienced what is the difference with Abacha regime is it not the same tactise they are using.

Take my word before the end of the year there will be a full scale civil war in the niger delta and guess what the US will support the niger delta and britain.
You know why the Americans do not like the chinese and nigeria is getting close to china is a security risk to them and they will look for ways to push china out of this region because of it's resources and they will be willing to finace the war and what will you people do eat your words a word is enough for the wise.

We should not let sentiments rule our brains as alot of you are doing that already.

Lets face facts which of you here is capable of saying his or her mind well none because all of you here are cowards you tow the line of your master and be lead like a sheep go to be slaughtered at the slab.

I will not stand here and look at you people fooling yourselves because where you reside or come from is better than the masses suffering.

You people talk about gsm phone as if it is one big thing what is gsm it is one of the cheapest things you can get anywhare in the world because you gsm now operating in nigeria that is what you all are singing about well am very sorry for you guys.

Have you ever thought about your future generations what kind of life will they have all you people think about is the present day am forced to say you are blind open your eyes and think hard your kids do they have a future in our country nigeria.

Our country has let us down and we should admit the fact not because he his yoruba and people are witch hunting him but if he does the right things the people will be the one telling him to stay and him say he will die saving nigeria who his decieving.

I have the best oppurtunities life could present to anyone in nigeria i have being oppurtunied to school and befriend the children of past and present leaders in nigeria and even sleep in there houses and i know what am talking about.

They do not give a damn about you and me all they think about is their mouth.

We should all face fact and be sincere with our thoughts because the niger deltalites speak with one voice but the voice of opposition seems to always come from you yoruba's why and feel that the people in niger delta and the rest nigerians are stupid they do not know there right from there wrong.

If abacha is alive today i will vote for him to be president of nigeria he had the nation in his heart.Thruoght the existence of nigeria no ruler i repeat did what abacha did for nigeria even with sanctions from the western world nigeria had a stable economy.Things where better than the way they are now.

Do you think he was stupid when he put OBJ and the other people in prison he knew what they where capable of doing and now you people are seeing the results.

Nigeria cannot stay without the revenue comming from the oil communities so don't decive yourselves when you say nigeria can do without the niger delta.

Me am an advocate for peace.

If OBJ is sincere he should probe all the niger delta governors on allocation given to them what have they done with with but he cannot why because he gets a kick back from the governors.

We all are matured individuals with various responsibilities bestowed on us and if we fail this responsibilities we have failed ourselves.

This money they are all dieing for have they forgotten that they will die one day and leave this money behind  they will not take it with them.

The religious leaders in nigeria have failed and i wonder why people still go to church and mosque when they cannot call this people to order and they still preach to them in the church on sundays and they know what they upto this i belive religion is a tool for oppression to manupulate the massess.

MEND this people they are trying at least they have made the world to notice the hardship in the midst of plenty in the niger delta.
I encourage other groupes from the different tribes in the niger delta to emulate them and do the same thing.

They have started a catalyst that cannot be broking down and even if they wipe MEND away another group will come out and learn from the mistakes of MEND.

I do not belive in war but if you people read books you will understand that for there to be peace there has to be war.
The peace in nigeria right now is standing on a very tinny line which can break anytime from now.

All we need in nigeria is one more civl war so that each tribe will respect the other tribe not like the north saying it is there birth right to rule nigeria.

Under a democratic regime everyone is free to contest an election forgetting where you come from but the question are you capable and you you have a sound mind to rule and because you have some money you now feel you can rule people.

We should all ask ourselves this questions not just saying banter just because you want to be heard.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by Mariory(m): 1:45am On Mar 05, 2006
Posted by: issac boro
Take my word before the end of the year there will be a full scale civil war in the niger delta and guess what the US will support the niger delta and britain.
You know why the Americans do not like the chinese and nigeria is getting close to china is a security risk to them and they will look for ways to push china out of this region because of it's resources and they will be willing to finace the war and what will you people do eat your words a word is enough for the wise

I do not believe in war but if you people read books you will understand that for there to be peace there has to be war.

Now I know that propaganda is important but, put away those stupid pills you've been taking and gradually bring yourself back to reality.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by Seun(m): 1:58am On Mar 05, 2006
Hehe cheesy cheesy
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by slimnike(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2006
Make una go speak grammer for court ohhhhhhhhh.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by xkape(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2006
Since people like Isaac Boro are bent on this path, good luck to you and the ND. May you have your own peaceful paradise country flowing with oil and gas. And may all Nigerians suffer and die in agony when their life source has been cut off!!! Amen
PS.
issac boro:

I have a problem with you yorubas i am not a tribalist but the way you boys in this forum talk makes me to understand that you people will never change because OBJ is a yoruba man he can never do anything wrong and who ever says he his not doing well should be silienced what is the difference with Abacha regime is it not the same tactise they are using.

You know why the Americans do not like the chinese and nigeria is getting close to china is a security risk to them and they will look for ways to push china out of this region because of it's resources and they will be willing to finace the war and what will you people do eat your words a word is enough for the wise.

@Isaac Boro
If you were not so sensitive and complexed you would have noticed that the major oponents of OBJ have been Yorubas and it is not because we are jealous the power moved to another part of the country. We know OBJ is and will always be a monster. If we remember, no single yoruba state voted (rigged) for OBJ in 97, and all the ND states voted(rigged for him), or did someone from Ibadan come to Rivers to vote (rig) for him?.
Now that there is a civilian power you all can come out and start making noise. WHere were you during IBB, Buhari and Abacha? During Abacha's rule only NADECO and Ken Saro Wiwa stood up to fight. Many of these people paid with their lives. People like Etiebet, Anenih etc, did they drop from heaven.
Of all ND people only the Ogonis have Earned respect. They resisted when it was most difficult
issac boro:

With statements like this people will assume you are ignorant. U r not helping the image of Niger Deltans grin.
1)First of all were  has america openly supported the overthrow of a democraticaly elected regime except those they brand as terrorist?
2)Would it be easier for western powers to deal with a larger Nigeria for oil or would they rather deal with a coalition of coastal ethnic nationalities?
3)Have you been reading about the recent arms sales to Nigerian government by America. Soon OBJ and his monsters will have the fire-power to bomb the ND out of the water, they are just waiting for provocation eg a dead American Citizen  Even mend knows this.
4) Most oil Prodicing coys are moving to offshore locations where they will be protected by navies (Nigerian and Foreign). Did you know an American carrier has been doing "manouvers" off the bight of Bonny. With this arrangement they can circumvent the militants completely. That means no oil money, no coys and maximum vengeance by OBJ and his cohorts on ND
My guy its a loose loose situation if violence breaks out. Even the great Ibos tried it and failed even though they were very heroic.

But i will admit to one thing though. It is very sad that Yoruba leaders have not come out to fight for the people of the ND. We are big enough and influential enough to take the fight to the next level but thy have been to blinded by their ambition to rule (which has failed anyway). It is very sad that an Itshekiri an Edo or an Urhobo man would talk about a Yoruba man with hatred because they are culturrally and historically our blood brothers.For this I ask for your forgiveness
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by slimnike(m): 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2006
I forgive you.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by issacboro: 1:09am On Mar 06, 2006
xkape what ever your name is you should be ashamed of yourself do you think i just open my mouth and say things if you are familar with international politics you will not open your mouth to utter what you have just said me am very passionate about my people i will do anything to help them and if i die for fighting there cause so be it.
If you can read them you should face facts and be ready to see reason the so called americans do you think they give shit about you and me all they care about is energy and once there is competition they are willing to do anything win.
People like that they cannot be trusted they change alliance anytime they feel it is right.How many governments do you think the so called american governments have overthrown well so many and they are willing to do it to help there selfish interest.In the casee of niger delta they know they will gain more if we have own country because energy will be cheaper and constant.This is just an insight for things to come.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by Seun(m): 3:32am On Mar 06, 2006
Isaac, I think it's time to calm down and try to explore other areas on this forum. You have spoken your mind, and we have heard you, so thanks for your contribution. You are invited to come and contribute in the dating zone in the forum! Do you have a lighter side?
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by slimnike(m): 5:53pm On Mar 06, 2006
Make una nor fight here ohhh.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by jagwar: 2:10am On Mar 07, 2006
Every time i hear about this nonsense on CNN i'm so ashamed of being Nigerian. These ppl complain about environmental degradation when in actual fact they r the ones vandalising piplines & blowing up oil installations. Y make the whole nation suffer for the failure of their own political leaders (this anger should be directed towards them & not Nigeria). I trust the Yoruba politicians, they would never hav allowed this.

As for the military, they need to adopt a "no-nonsense" approach to this matter. For God sake we all know the nigerian military can crush these rebels in no time (the strongest military in west Africa!!) I hav a feeling they hav chosen not to deal with this problem.

This is Nigeria's oil, if the Delta leaders are unable fight for their rights on the political arena then too bad, their youths should direct their anger at their local leaders who appear to be embezzling their resources & funding these criminals. In my own opinion, the Nigerian military should show them whose boss. As soon as they see the overwhelming force they r bound to come to the negotiating table like rational human beings.

Currently my greatest fear is that these kidnappings of americans is noticed & hijacked by foreign terrorist groups that can easily hijack the situation & blow it out of proportion (God forbid).
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by owo(m): 8:00am On Mar 07, 2006
Welcome jag[b]war[/b]. You would do yourself a world of good if you read the previous posts on this thread and other similar threads.

So, after you get to know about what is happening to your "fellow" country-men from CNN, you deem it fit to accuse, judge and sentence them to death. Keep it up.

By your reckoning, the explosion of the last one year is more dangerous than the expoitation of the last 40 years. what a 'truism'??

Long live Yoruba Politicians (the likes of Obj, Bode George, Sarumi, Adedibu, Tinubu, Ogunlewe, Ladoja, Sunday Afolabi) who would not have allowed that kind of thing - I can see how Ibadan, Lagos and Oshogbo have become an abode of angels because its next to paradise.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by 9ijaMan: 9:39am On Mar 07, 2006
owo:

Welcome jag[b]war[/b]. You would do yourself a world of good if you read the previous posts on this thread and other similar threads.

So, after you get to know about what is happening to your "fellow" country-men from CNN, you deem it fit to accuse, judge and sentence them to death. Keep it up.

By your reckoning, the explosion of the last one year is more dangerous than the expoitation of the last 40 years. what a 'truism'??

Long live Yoruba Politicians (the likes of Obj, Bode George, Sarumi, Adedibu, Tinubu, Ogunlewe, Ladoja, Sunday Afolabi) who would not have allowed that kind of thing - I can see how Ibadan, Lagos and Oshogbo have become an abode of angels because its next to paradise.

Owo,
Jagwar may seem to be a bit harsh in his statements, but the happenings in the political scene today does not state anything to the contrary of his allegations. The 9ija delta leaders are amongst the first to support the 3rd term bid of the Monster in Aso Rock. So tell me, how can your course and line of thought become a reality when you own pple are divided amongst themselves. The youth are finghting for emancipation while the elders and politicians are vigorously threading the path of continued enslavement.

Think about it bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Evance Ivwurie Lauds Buhari’s Policies To Savage Nigerian Economy / Buhari Orders DSS To Hand Over Judges Cases To EFCC / NDDC Probe: National Assembly May Decide Akpabio, Others Fate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.