Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? (13891 Views)

Niger-delta What Next / Niger-delta What Next / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by slimnike(m): 6:00pm On May 16, 2006
MEND should stop killing foriegners,They should kill Their leaders collecting illegal fee from these oil companies.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by jagwar: 7:49am On May 17, 2006
That lunatic "ono" calling for bombings in Lagos, thinking that will bring the state to its knees?? Its obvious u havent lived in Lagos, such action will only trigger a defiance among lagosians & a door- to-door killing of Niger deltans in lagos. After that we'l see who would be forced to repent.

Desist from making such idiotic statements in the future. If Ndeltans cant blame leaders like Alamiesegha for their problems, then they should shut up & stop isolating themselves from the rest of Nigeria.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by ono(m): 10:24am On May 18, 2006
jagwar:

That lunatic "ono" calling for bombings in Lagos, thinking that will bring the state to its knees?? Its obvious u havent lived in Lagos, such action will only trigger a defiance among lagosians & a door- to-door killing of Niger deltans in lagos. After that we'l see who would be forced to repent.

Desist from making such idiotic statements in the future. If Ndeltans can't blame leaders like Alamiesegha for their problems, then they should shut up & stop isolating themselves from the rest of Nigeria.

@Jagwar,
It will be difficult joining issues with you on this matter after so much has been said and assimilated by sane, reasonable, responsible and upright people. So, I think I should just ignore you. No point arguing with a short-sighted, shallow minded person like you.

Anyways, I'll advise you read through earlier entries on this matter before going to press. It will surely take off a lot of steam from your already burnt body!
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by Mariory(m): 2:59pm On May 18, 2006
ono:

@Jagwar,
It will be difficult joining issues with you on this matter after so much has been said and assimilated by sane, reasonable, responsible and upright people. So, I think I should just ignore you. No point arguing with a short-sighted, shallow minded person like you.

Anyways, I'll advise you read through earlier entries on this matter before going to press. It will surely take off a lot of steam from your already burnt body!

Someone who called for the bombing of innocents is calling someone else short-sighted and shallow minded.

The irony is unbelievable!
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by jagwar: 12:18am On May 19, 2006
ono:

@Jagwar,
So, I think I should just ignore you.

Well i'm not surprised. I wasnt expecting to be able to have an intelligent conversation with one with views like yours anyway. I feel so sorry for u & ur line of thought.

Makes me wonder y incitement of violence & terrorism is allowed in this forum sad .Those who can't think constructively should be banned.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by slimnike(m): 4:52pm On May 21, 2006
Guys,now that the constitition amendment talk is over,what next for Niger Delta?
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by DaHitler(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2006
Mariory, I am suprised a northerner would have the guts to criticize someone for being shot-sighted and narrow minded. Must I remind you abou tthe cartoon riots? cool
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by Mariory(m): 11:01pm On May 21, 2006
I am not a Northener. I'm not even muslim. I should really say something about your ignorance but, I won't.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by otokx(m): 2:31pm On May 26, 2006
who called for bombing? please violence is not good.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by LoverBwoy(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2006
Afeni:

Mariory, I am suprised a northerner would have the guts to criticize someone for being shot-sighted and narrow minded. Must I remind you abou tthe cartoon riots? cool

did all northerners kill partook in the cartoon riots?
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by Seun(m): 5:40pm On May 26, 2006
If I interfere, I am a Nazi dictator
If i don't interfere, I'm an imcompetent administrator.
Leave me alone! angry cheesy angry
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by Jalal(m): 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2006
If peace cant solve a problem engaging in violence will never solve it in a million years. The members of MEND (what an irony as they are busy destroying!!) should concentrate on their corrupt governers and leaders, they should kidnap them instead of innocent foreigners, and innocent peace loving Nigerians!!!!!!!!!
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by jagwar: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2006
Jalal:

If peace can't solve a problem engaging in violence will never solve it in a million years. The members of MEND (what an irony as they are busy destroying!!) should concentrate on their corrupt governers and leaders, they should kidnap them instead of innocent foreigners, and innocent peace loving Nigerians!!!!!!!!!

Well said!! angry
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by beelyjay45(m): 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2006
They are just lazy people who use sentiments as an excuse to cause and forment trouble, they are given 15% of all the total oil revenue, their communities are developed, they pay them outrageous entitlements, if oil companies are awarding scholarships, they are given special prefrences but still yet they refuse 2 go 2 skool, they prefer 2 kidnap innocent people who are just doing their job becos they went 2 skool. And yet they say they are deprived. what do u call that kind of person> Simple they are called OLIVER TWIST
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by maki(f): 10:38am On Jun 29, 2006
beelyjay45:

They are just lazy people who use sentiments as an excuse to cause and forment trouble, they are given 15% of all the total oil revenue, their communities are developed, they pay them outrageous entitlements, if oil companies are awarding scholarships, they are given special prefrences but still yet they refuse 2 go 2 school, they prefer 2 kidnap innocent people who are just doing their job because they went 2 school. And yet they say they are deprived. what do u call that kind of person> Simple they are called OLIVER TWIST

JUST SHUT IT MR angry angry angry angry angry
you no nothing about niger delta, who told you the place is developed? angry angry angry
when you dont about somthing or somewhere ask and stop chewing your mouth, you hear?

YOU PEOPLE ARE PLAYER HATERS, if it were to be your place, i dont even know where the heck you come from it will be pure 50% to yourself first before anybody else.

N.O.N.S.E.N.S.E angry angry angry
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by ono(m): 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2006
Maki,
Just leave them. Our elders say sometime it's better to remain silent to answer a question. The wise understands that statement perfectly. So, let them bark away. It's their time to do just that. No point joining issues with them.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by mrmayor(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2006
this is the problem

Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by buchio7(m): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2006
[b]my broda have u gone to d niger-delta region b4? i am ibo so dont tink im justifying anything but i have had d opportunity to travel extensively round d niger-delta courtesy of my job and wat i saw was heart rendin . d level of degradation and abuse is unprecedented. In a place called nembe which is accessible via water(4 hrs by speed boat from p.h.;3hrs from yenaGOA via same) d main source of water is from d creek where d boats come from,i saw children peeing and defeacating into d same creek dat a woman was taking water from to ash her pot or is it electricity? dere was no single light dere except i pass my neighbour gensets but just barely 3km away shell is drilling oil and dere flowstation is awash with activity of light,water e, t.c come on, !!!!! dese ppl r human beins and have every right to demand dat wat comes from dere land be used to develope dere land irrespective of whos ox is gored.
in as much as d tactics used by mend is rash and illogical but d tactics dat has been employed over d years by multinationals like shell and d federal govt has not left much to be desired.it is a problem my dad predicted as far back as 1984 when he happened to pass through rivers state(now bayelsa state) and d whole country is feeling d result of years of neglect.
I advise anyone who has not been to areas like nembe,oporoma,sangana,oluasiri to maybe try and go dere,it will make u appreciate d level of neglect dere.[/b]
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by Chxta(m): 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2006
Buchi, I have also travelled extensively in the Niger Delta, and while I agree whole-heartedly that the area has been criminally neglected, I want to place a large part of the blame suarely on the leaders of the region.

What justifies using money Shell gives you to build schools to marry new wives?
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by owo(m): 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2006
@chxta
Indeed you are living in the third rock from the sun. So much so that you have been blinded by the sun's radiance and you cannot see the things that are plainly laid out before your eyes.

I can assure you that your generation will not pass away before the Delta arises from the position that it is today to the great and enviable position that it is destined to attain. Its sons and daughters will be sought after in every corner of the world for positive reasons. Its bickering and oppressive neighbours will behold the splendour and grace with which its affairs are conducted.

You are therefore at liberty, in the present deispensation, to blame whoever you want for its troubles.

However, I insist that the Delta is not looking for handouts, allocations, pity, sympathy, trouble, projects etc from any body or group of people. Rather it is seeking, justifiably so, to empower its sons and daughters by taking an absolute control of its resources, liabilities, fears, joys, pride, future and consequently, charting a prosperous future for its present and future generations.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by Chxta(m): 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2006
My dear man, you are also on the thrid rock from the Sun. . .

Let me educate you a little: A planet is generally considered to be a relatively large mass of aggegated matter in orbit around a star. In geological terms, aggregated matter is generally considered to be a rock.

There are 9 rocks in orbit around our star (Sol), in order: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Some schools of thought suggest that there is a 10th rock called Charon, but this is still under debate.

According to that list, Earth is number. . .

Any questions?
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by buchio7(m): 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2006
nnna bros chxta easy, easy, but bros owo nobody sane believes dat d niger-deltans cannot and shd not progress,i believe d resources within d area is not evenly distributed in uplifting d plights of d inhabitants as well but, BUT u guys must realise dat ur leaders must take responsibility to a degree for d wanton deggradation seen now , why? because dey have failed at dere level to alleviate d suffering of dere ppl by providing infrasttructure,upgrading d already infrastructure e.t.c. shd i give u e.gs of hw ur leaders abuse state funds? igbinedion threw a party for his fathers birthday in 2 continents and paralysed d administrative workings of edo state ,odili spent state funds in buying a jet which will nt impact positively on d life of d masses,attah in his first term preferred to offer patronage to cronies in form of contracts which were finally either shoddily done or abandoned,alams tried, oh but at d end of d day he was caught wit his pants down,wearing a bra with a fists full of govt funds he was trying to launder abroad. and d list keeps going on and on. wouldnt d ideal tin be to hold dese leaders accountable to a great degree for misuse of d already laid down resources b4 fighting for d other one?
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by otokx(m): 12:47am On Aug 05, 2006
they have just kidnapped 3 expatriates in port harcourt today.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by buchio7(m): 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2006
and it will still rage on infinitely until,
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by owo(m): 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2006
, until there is a breakup or re-organisation of this entity called Nigeria.

Nigeria as presently organised will remain a failure. The Niger Delta problem is only a symptom of the deeper malaise that plagues the system.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by Mariory(m): 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2006
buchio7:

and it will still rage on infinitely until,

In the short term
The military loses patience and goes on the rampage.

In the long term
Enough corrupt politicians are purged from the system.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by buchio7(m): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2006
realistically, a reorganisation of the polity
unrealistic, a break up
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by otokx(m): 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2006
those 3 kidnapped were filipinos, another german was kidnapped from B & B so its 4 in total; the truth is that the politicians will quote $2m as ransom and arrange the boys like $1m and then say no money changed hands. That is why it still continues unabatted. For the records no kidnapped expatriate has been killed or injured.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by buchio7(m): 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2006
dats an interesting analysis,
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by otokx(m): 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2006
thanks.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by otokx(m): 9:02am On Aug 11, 2006
Julius berger has been attacked and 2 more germans kidnapped. The government should stop paying lip service. They have to stop paying ransome money in dollars and start a massive development infrastructurally of the entire Niger Delta Region. Those state governors who are yet to render the dividends of democracy should be arrested and sent to jail.
Re: Niger Delta: What Is The Problem? by buchio7(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2006
Those state governors who are yet to render the dividends of democracy should be arrested and sent to jail.

thank you for coming to dat realisation otokx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

funny pictures from zimbabwe currency crisis(pics). / Anambra Youths Rally For Free And Fair Election / 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.