Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,566 members, 7,861,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:54 PM

Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k (44906 Views)

Which Country Will You Like To Come From If Given Another Chance To Be Born? / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit? / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by seanwilliam(m): 2:36am On Nov 20, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I was referencing a typical Nigerian, which obviously you are not.
A typical Nigerian who suddenly comes into $40k will immediately become "big boy", buy better car, get better place with better furnishings, expensive funerals/weddings, upgrade their profile in society which comes with bigger exoenses, be show-off generous to relatives and friends, etc.
Before long the money will be gone and they'd be back exactly where they were.

You’re right on this though. It’s common among Nigerian youth especially.
But I personally practice delay gratification, maybe because I suffer too much before I started making money, I can’t afford to lose it grin .

Any day any time, I’ll choose 32m over traveling abroad . Within a year I can easily x5 that amount and I will be able to travel anywhere
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by kunle75(m): 2:51am On Nov 20, 2022
PoliteActivist:

It can't be easy at all my brother. Infact you must be living well below your mates. Because even very wealthy America, most live paycheck to paycheck. See below

I live within my means in my own house,and comfortable too.

The statistics is almost true but doesn't reflect for everyone living here,cos majority tried to live above their means thereby causing them unnecessary hardship.
I can give you numerous examples of how you can go about it and get same if not better results than me.
I know some of my neighbors who are artisans of Mexicans/Asian descent that are very very comfortable and living under the radar.
It depends, I can go on and on.
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by NwaliE01: 11:27am On Nov 20, 2022
PoliteActivist:

$100k you wouldn't come back?
Ok, for how much will you relocate back to your fatherland?
Beloved. Everything i acquire in the foreign land is for our father's land. I would like to come back when am lead to do so and i would like to come when am prepared. Money is secondary.
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2022
kunle75:

The statistics is almost true but doesn't reflect for everyone living here,cos majority tried to live above their means thereby causing them unnecessary hardship.
I can give you numerous examples of how you can go about it and get same if not better results than me.
I know some of my neighbors who are artisans of Mexicans/Asian descent that are very very comfortable and living under the radar.

Help a brother, how can I go about it and get same results.
To be honest, I find myself having no savings after paying all my bills
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by kunle75(m): 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Help a brother, how can I go about it and get same results.
To be honest, I find myself having no savings after paying all my bills

Where in the state are you?
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
Crenzywilliams:

I guess it’s fair to say am still paying the prize for my relocation. School was tough, the cultural shock was overwhelming.
That said, i have to admit, it’s way better than I was in Nigeria, it’s easy to plan here, and if you work hard, you can make lots of money, thank God am hard working. Honestly, it’s not been easy, but its been really good; and I swear, it’s worth cost I paid, and it’s always getting better.

Sorry o my brother, I took a peek at your profile.
You posted this below April 2020, and you arrived in UK 2019??

Good answer though. Well reasoned and thoughtful

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2022
seanwilliam:

You’re right on this though. It’s common among Nigerian youth especially.
But I personally practice delay gratification, maybe because I suffer too much before I started making money, I can’t afford to lose it grin .

Any day any time, I’ll choose 32m over traveling abroad . Within a year I can easily x5 that amount and I will be able to travel anywhere

You right, delayed gratification is the key. But it is very hard to practice in this country, with all the societal pressures and expectations.
Do you mind sharing your format a bit, maybe some of us will learn something
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2022
kunle75:

Kudos my brother. It can't be easy to do or most Americans will be doing it. I mean, who enjoys being in debt or bankruptcy??!!
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2022
NwaliE01:

Beloved. Everything i acquire in the foreign land is for our father's land. I would like to come back when am lead to do so and i would like to come when am prepared. Money is secondary.

Wow. Very good answer. I personally don't see the rush - as long as you don't forget where you are from.
"Everything i acquire in the foreign land is for our father's land" - how do you actualize this in practical terms? It'd seem quite hard to do
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2022
ZINNYBANKS:
You see this question wen u ask so , one guy ask am for my Cabal bandage still dey hin head now

cheesy please elaborate
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2022
kunle75:

Where in the state are you?

Can I DM you?
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by kunle75(m): 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Can I DM you?

Sure
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2022
kunle75:

Sure

Thanks bossman
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by kunle75(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Kudos my brother. It can't be easy to do or most Americans will be doing it. I mean, who enjoys being in debt or bankruptcy??!!

You are right ✅
Nothing good comes easy You know
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by kunle75(m): 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Thanks bossman

You welcome
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Hotty321(m): 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Of course not. No way you can save half even.
But let's assume you save every penny, still won't have $10k in 3 months

That's true sha
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by NwaliE01: 4:41am On Nov 21, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Wow. Very good answer. I personally don't see the rush - as long as you don't forget where you are from.
"Everything i acquire in the foreign land is for our father's land" - how do you actualize this in practical terms? It'd seem quite hard to do

Well, i got some weired dreams. By the grace of God, i awarded 100% scholarship to a medical student with hope that before he's done with his studies, i must have finished building a free medical centre for the poor people (have already acquired the land) and he and about three more students which i will award scholarships in 2023 will manage the hospital and i will still place them on mouth watering salary.

I will also invest in real estate to provide accommodation for people.

There are lots and lots that i can't mention here. So to me, $100,000 is not an option for me to come back home now.
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2022
[quote author=PoliteActivist post=118571295]

Wow. You sound like part of the 1% - not your average guy. So your case is quite different. Your dreams are not weird at all, they are BIG - as they ought be. And since your heart is in the right place they are sure to come to fruition. Kudos on all you've done so far. Keep up the good work!

(Folks, sorry for mentioning you all here - it's an experiment of sorts.
People who can speak Igbo, please help us translate the video below. What you folks think of it? What you think of this thread or trend generally?
Also what's your biggest accomplishment or dream about going abroad? Conversely, if you are in Naija, do you sometimes regret not going? What's the one aspect of Naija that'll finally make you japa, no matter the cost?
Floor is yours, feel free to vent. Remember, no one here knows who you are!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4twdqpBqc9I
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 3:42am On Nov 22, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Wow. You sound like part of the 1% - not your average guy. So your case is quite different. Your dreams are not weird at all, they are BIG - as they ought be. And since your heart is in the right place they are sure to come to fruition. Kudos on all you've done so far. Keep up the good work!

(Folks, sorry for mentioning you all here - it's an experiment of sorts.
People who can speak Igbo, please help us translate the video below. What you folks think of it? What you think of this thread or trend generally?
Also what's your biggest accomplishment or dream about going abroad? Conversely, if you are in Naija, do you sometimes regret not going? What's the one aspect of Naija that'll finally make you japa, no matter the cost?
Floor is yours, feel free to vent. Remember, no one here knows who you are!)

https://youtu.be/4twdqpBqcI

EXPERIMENT SUCCESSFULL!!!
The bet was that not a single person would respond.
I was right!
I WON!!!

THREAD CLOSED
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 5:00am On Nov 22, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I was right!
I WON!!!

THREAD CLOSED

grin grin
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 11:08am On Nov 22, 2022
FreeIgboho:

grin grin

Shine your teeth all you want, I WON!
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2022

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 11:57am On Nov 22, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Shine your teeth all you want, I WON!

I was not laughing at you, I was laughing with you.
YOU WON! grin
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2022
FreeIgboho:

I was not laughing at you, I was laughing with you.
YOU WON! grin

Why not try to answer the questions instead of being a wise guy grin
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Why not try to answer the questions instead of being a wise guy grin

But if I answer the questions that means you LOST! We don’t want you to lose now, do we? Reason am well
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Chasemaduka: 1:35am On Nov 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Nezzjnr: 7:02am On Nov 23, 2022
Lmao cheesy cheesy

Ndi I have this... I have that don show cheesy
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by LordErrk: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:

This tells me you have limited experience.
It is far better to enter with $1k and no papers than stay in Naija with $40k:
Take the $1k, enter UK, US, Canada, ask for asylum. Play your cards right. Before long you'll have your papers. Guaranteed

As for the $40k. Depends on your circumstances abroad. There are Nigerians in US, UK, etc who'll happily go back home given $10k

This explicitly tells me you have no idea how things work abroad
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
FreeIgboho:

But if I answer the questions that means you LOST! We don’t want you to lose now, do we? Reason am well

Well, I'm a big boy. Winning is not everything. Besides, I have already won. That phase is over. We're now in another phase.
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2022
LordErrk:

This explicitly tells me you have no idea how things work abroad

Well, see screenshots below. How many times have you seen Boko Haram chasing Christians in Lagos? Why not move to a different part of Nigeria or to Togo or something.
Why must it be automatically US grin

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by dazzlingd(m): 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I was right!
I WON!!!

THREAD CLOSED

Congratulations! A well deserved victory
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
kunle75:

Sure

Bros, sorry o, I lost access to my email. Tried everything, nothing worked.
Here’s my new one below. Please delete it before replying. Notice it is email.com NOT mail.com. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Task Force Intercepts Trucks Carrying Almajiri At Cross River Borders / First Kilometre Of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Completed With Street Lights / Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.