Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k (44587 Views)

Which Country Will You Like To Come From If Given Another Chance To Be Born? / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit? / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Najdorf: 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
hopefullight:
If you are illegal or low income earner with no potentials, over 45+ ..take the 40k and go back home.

I love in Germany and save more than 2k monthly as a tech guy, 40k is too small for me cos I can save it less than 2 years here. Although I plan to switch to Finance and make more money....but 40k is too small for an established person here.

So it depends on your status here.
Finance is where the money really is. Unfortunately, there are more bars to entry compared to tech
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:26am On Oct 21, 2023
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:28am On Oct 21, 2023
Najdorf:

Finance is where the money really is. Unfortunately, there are more bars to entry compared to tech

What exactly do you folks mean by "finance", if I may ask
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by Najdorf: 10:32am On Oct 21, 2023
PoliteActivist:

What exactly do you folks mean by "finance", if I may ask
Finance is a broad field. It's similar to how when people say "tech" it refers to everything from AI, cybersecurity, web/app dev e.t.c.

Private Equity, Venture Capital, Investment Banking, Trading(Commodities, Equities, Fixed Income, FX, e.t.c), Asset/Wealth Management are just some of the main fields of finance.

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by alphabbey1(m): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2023
ariesbull:
he is right... Those in Europe and USA are living on borrowed lives and credit

How can people be paying debts till 80s
Ordinary boxers they buy with credit cards
Ordinary cars that we buy in Nigeria directly they buy via credit card
Ordinary phone they buy through credit

The whole thing is rat race... They live all their lives in credit and depression
But why do you have to save years to buy something when you can get it instantly and repay conveniently. Till some people die, they will never have access to latest gadgets, always 3 or 4 years old gadgets.....

You people make this credit of a thing look bad but its the very best.
My friend in UK just bought Iphone 15 on credit. He's on student visa and he said the repayment is about 40 to 50 pound per month for 2 years, can't remember the actual but its within that range. That's pretty convinient for him to pay considering he pay house rent of 650 pound monthly easily....

If he's in Nigeria, he can't even dream of using that phone till when it's almost obsolete...

And for people paying mortgage on houses, if they decide to sell the mortgage, they will get pretty good amount of profit on it, so I see nothing bad at all on getting things on credit, most of those repayments are made too covinient, no stress.....

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by alphabbey1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2023
ariesbull:
he is right... Those in Europe and USA are living on borrowed lives and credit

How can people be paying debts till 80s
Ordinary boxers they buy with credit cards
Ordinary cars that we buy in Nigeria directly they buy via credit card
Ordinary phone they buy through credit

The whole thing is rat race... They live all their lives in credit and depression
It's car you called "Ordinary"
You took car with a pinch of salt because Majority in Nigeria are buying foreign used cars, the old ones at that, cars that even 18 years old in US will reject....
How many people in Nigeria can afford brand new cars or you ever see Davido or wizkid buying foreign used cars ? They all go for brand new....

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by ariesbull: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2023
alphabbey1:

It's car you called "Ordinary"
You took car with a pinch of salt because Majority in Nigeria are buying foreign used cars, the old ones at that, cars that even 18 years old in US will reject....
How many people in Nigeria can afford brand new cars or you ever see Davido or wizkid buying foreign used cars ? They all go for brand new....
Even in Europe and USA they still buy used cars

How many dey drive brand new there
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2023
doggedfighter:

Thank you for having a good head on your shoulders. grin grin

Your mom deserves a gift for raising a balanced son that thinks .

This your comment just dey sweet me. We "feminists" should stick together.grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? / What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? / Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.