Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,145 members, 7,863,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k (44965 Views)

Which Country Will You Like To Come From If Given Another Chance To Be Born? / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit? / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Why don’t you answer the questions and translate the videos yourself

Because I don't speak Igbo.
Does that answer your question?
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Because I don't speak Igbo.
Does that answer your question?

So how did you know what the video related to??
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by ednut1(m): 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Oh, ok.
6 months to a year! Meanwhile they are the ones desperate for workers! I wonder why they don't just make their policies dependent on their need for workers.
[b]Meanwhile what do you think of the guy in the video above. He said he was having no headway with visa until he said that prayer, then suddenly everything went very smoothly and he's now a citizen
[/b]make u and the guy reduce the weed una dey smoke
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 7:36pm On Nov 27, 2022
FreeIgboho:

So how did you know what the video related to??

From the heading. The heading is in English but video in Igbo
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2022
MiaBeer:

Just follow your heart and take time to look at and review all your options but immigrating to any Country where there's no close friend or relative is tough and challenging. I saw an opportunity years ago after 3 years of unemployment with no decent job and it has really paid off big time for me. Try contacting embassies of Countries of interest and see if there's some credible leads for you. Goodluck!

N.B: Just be careful so you don't get duped in the process.

Wow, it really worked out that big? I guess after 3 years of unemployment anything would seem great.
Did you go with money (I guess not, since you had no job), legally or illegally?
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
Possible1805:
The peer pressure currently is just too much, people mmentality is that traveling is the best option, my pat er stated giving me pressure to move out of the country too at the other end am not seeing that as an achievement I mean she expect me to leave a job I created by myself 6years ago in nigeria that is currently fetching me at least 2-3m monthly to japa, if I do will loose all customers because the job is competitive, and for over 6year now I work from home, lose that kind of job and go to Uk as in what kind of job will fetch me 2-3m monthly savings in the Uk, the skills I have is only plumbing work skills i most do that as a side job in nigeria here I only attend to big job, japa is not for everyone you people should stop looking at it as a big achievement… and stop calculating you earning In naija just to say that you better off over there… peace ☮️

Please tell them o. Japa is not for everybody. Some of us are doing quite fine right here. Especially considering info like this one below.
(So you are into plumbing. And it pays well? Didn't think something like plumbing pays well in Naija)

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 4:03am On Nov 28, 2022
PoliteActivist:

From the heading. The heading is in English but video in Igbo

Ok, I’ll translate it for you for a nominal fee of N20K which is about $25
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Ok, I’ll translate it for you for a nominal fee of N20K which is about $25

With all due respect, are you related to Tinubu?
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2022
yungchop:

Apply for MSc in USA, admission takes 2 weeks max. Get a sponsor. Go for visa interview, pass and boom! You in America. If you never get money for school fees, defer admission or just forget about going to school once you're in if you don't mind doing menial jobs. America is too big for someone to be looking for who is illegal or not as long as you don't get into trouble.

1. There are universities which give out admission without you paying for school fees upfront.
2. I still stand on my words that if you provide the right documents, admission takes 2 weeks or 3 max.
3. I just applied to a university two weeks ago and i have submitted all documents, should have gotten feedbacks but last week was thanksgiving holiday so hopefully if i get a response on Monday I'll post it here. Funny enough a friend applied with HND and got the admission.

4. They'll waive things like application fee, GRE, IELTS if you message your course coordinators to tell them this is so so so requirements you dont have and give them reasons why they should waive them for you.

This is actually true
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 7:12pm On Nov 28, 2022
PoliteActivist:

With all due respect, are you related to Tinubu?

God Forbid!!
A full blown Onye Igbo like me
Why do you choose to insult me?

1 Like

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2022
Tohan505:
You can relocate as a startup founder!!!

Definitely better benefits than the school route

All you need is a desire to own your own business and we'll help you get to your choice country in 3 months (a startup visa).

There are over 25 countries across Europe giving out startup visas (entrepreneurial visas), with some offering instant citizenship.

It's even more bizarre when you realize that there is no guarantee that the startup/business will be successful, yet they offer you a visa/citizenship as soon as they like your business idea.

We'll be discussing these countries and their requirements in this Wednesday's edition of "eMigr8 Open Day" FREE WEBINAR Come learn which country can favor your business idea.

This still going on?
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2022
FreeIgboho:

God Forbid!!
A full blown Onye Igbo like me
Why do you choose to insult me?

I did say "with all due respect".
Again with all due respect you were talking like a thief-nubucheesy. Whereabouts in the US
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I did say "with all due respect".
Again with all due respect you were talking like a thief-nubucheesy. Whereabouts in the US

All due respect my ass, associating me with a known thief, what an insult
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by IbeOkehie: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:
So how does the below tally with your experience IbeOkehie?

Well that may be true but it doesn't tally with my experience OR observation of other Nigerians around me here. As for Americans in general, they don't save because they don't feel they need to. It's a CHOICE.

The essential truth about life in the USA is that success, prosperity and stability are easy to maintain if you care enough to make some obvious choices that are in line with such a desire. It's that simple. And yes I might become unemployed and homeless tomorrow, who knows...yet it doesn't negate the essential truth of the American reality.

I've posted a general outline of my experience in this country. I started out working in a fast food restaurant and within 3 years I had built a house for my family in Nigeria. Yes I worked ungodly long hours. I CHOSE to do that. I didn't steal or sell drugs. In my 7th year living in the USA I bought a used car for my family back home. I also saved up enough within that time to get into university and I paid my tuition CASH, out of my pocket with ZERO loans at graduation. I'm a naturally gifted writer but I CHOSE to study health related sciences because I was concerned about employment prospects.

CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES.

There are people doing the same today, I know at least 3 immigrants who got here in the last 5 to 10 years and have built houses for their families in Nigeria. In fact one of them started his life working in a grocery store, the other one worked ILLEGALLY in a hotel....he LIVED in the hotel and worked there too. The one working in the hotel I actually know him and his family from Nigeria.

Any Nigerian living here can testify to these.

If single, unmarried, illegal workers can save up the money to build houses in Nigeria, why can't USA born citizens save money?

I think it's a matter of CHOICE. The sheer amount of consumer goods available to enjoy in the USA is so overwhelming that it requires a STRONG WILL and mental focus to keep yourself from over spending.

Let me give some tidbits. Take smoking cigarettes. The average USA smoker spends over $4,000 per year.

Or restaurant eating. Most Americans eat out every day or at least several times a week. I rarely eat out, 95% of my food is brought from home, even when we buy Nigerian food it's still cheaper than restaurants because we buy in bulk. I bring my lunch to work but I supervise people at work who earn much less than I do and they buy their lunch EVERY DAY. That's a difference of at least $5 every day.

I can tell you that even after I started working as a University graduate, I RARELY ate in a restaurant for many years. I always knew I was making a healthier choice....I know that for a FACT. How?

When I came back from my disastrous move to Nigeria, I had to start life over in terms of buying pots and pans and plates and general property. I was working LOOONG HOURS making money to settle myself back into the USA. So I ate in restaurants EVERY DAY for about 6 months. I was already a pharmacist, earning good money and I ate at what I thought were the best and healthiest places. My waist size went from 36 to 42 inches. I became FAT, my breathing became labored, I got a pot belly. When they tell you 80% of Americans are overweight, well I got a first hand, practical and personal TASTE of the statistics. It's not funny at all.

Another thing that will cost you money in the USA is pets....dogs, cats, birds, turtles, snakes...Americans spend BILLIONS & BILLIONS on these things. At least half of USA householdsown pets. My kids are always begging me to buy a pet. I know Americans who come into a pharmacy and spend HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS for medicine for their dogs.....EVERY MONTH. I've had colleagues who buy clothes and handbags for their pets. I've NEVER owned a pet in the USA, not even once. And PROBABLY never will.

Clothing nko? Do you know T-shirts, one of the most common clothing articles here, are routinely used just a few times and thrown away? There's a shopping center down the street whith huge donation boxes where people throw those things away. A lot off it ends up in Nigeria. Personally, I wear every T-shirt until it has holes in it. I even have shirts I wear today that I bought 20 years ago.

And with all my wisdom, I also freely CHOSE to throw away over $200K cash savings by moving to Nigeria and investing the money there, into an economy with clearly long term and chronic recessionary indices and LOW PROBABILITIES of a successful business outcome.

CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES.

Saving money in the USA is a CHOICE. That's not a random comment, I know that for a fact, from real life observation and experience. I just gave you 3 or 4 random, very common and fairly high cost DISCRETIONARY costs that can be incurred by CHOICE in the USA.

But at least it's a choice. In Nigeria the choices are very different for the 99.95% who earn less than ₦200K per month. I've been there.

This is my real name. And anyone choosing to banter around with me on this subject, how about the minimum courtesy of a real name, job and location? It would add at least a little bit of credibility.

Thanks.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:11am On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Well that may be true but it doesn't tally with my experience OR observation of other Nigerians around me here. As for Americans in general, they don't save because they don't feel they need to. It's a CHOICE.

The essential truth about life in the USA is that success, prosperity and stability are easy to maintain if you care enough to make some obvious choices that are in line with such a desire. It's that simple. And yes I might become unemployed and homeless tomorrow, who knows...yet it doesn't negate the essential truth of the American reality.

I've posted a general outline of my experience in this country. I started out working in a fast food restaurant and within 3 years I had built a house for my family in Nigeria. Yes I worked ungodly long hours. I CHOSE to do that. I didn't steal or sell drugs. In my 7th year living in the USA I bought a used car for my family back home. I also saved up enough within that time to get into university and I paid my tuition CASH, out of my pocket with ZERO loans at graduation. I'm a naturally gifted writer but I CHOSE to study health related sciences because I was concerned about employment prospects.

CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES.

There are people doing the same today, I know at least 3 immigrants who got here in the last 5 to 10 years and have built houses for their families in Nigeria. In fact one of them started his life working in a grocery store, the other one worked ILLEGALLY in a hotel....he LIVED in the hotel and worked there too. The one working in the hotel I actually know him and his family from Nigeria.

If single, unmarried, illegal workers can save up the money to build houses in Nigeria, why can't USA born citizens save money?

I think it's a matter of CHOICE. The sheer amount of consumer goods available to enjoy in the USA is so overwhelming that it requires a STRONG WILL and mental focus to keep yourself from over spending.

Let me give some tidbits. Take smoking cigarettes. The average USA smoker spends over $4,000 per year.

Or restaurant eating. Most Americans eat out every day or at least several times a week. I rarely eat out, 95% of my food is brought from home, even when we buy Nigerian food it's still cheaper than restaurants because we buy in bulk. I bring my lunch to work but I supervise people at work who earn much less than I do and they buy their lunch EVERY DAY. That's a difference of at least $5 every day.

I can tell you that even after I started working as a University graduate, I RARELY ate in a restaurant for many years. I always knew I was making a healthier choice....I know that for a FACT. How?

When I came back from my disastrous move to Nigeria, I had to start life over in terms of buying pots and pans and plates and general property. I was working LOOONG HOURS making money to settle myself back into the USA. So I ate in restaurants EVERY DAY for about 6 months. I was already a pharmacist, earning good money and I ate at what I thought were the best and healthiest places. My waist size went from 36 to 42 inches. I became FAT, my breathing became labored, I got a pot belly. When they tell you 80% of Americans are overweight, well I got a first hand, practical and personal TASTE of the statistics. It's not funny at all.

Another thing that will cost you money in the USA is pets....dogs, cats, birds, turtles, snakes...Americans spend BILLIONS & BILLIONS on these things. At least half of USA householdsown pets. My kids are always begging me to buy a pet. I know Americans who come into a pharmacy and spend HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS for medicine for their dogs.....EVERY MONTH. I've had colleagues who buy clothes and handbags for their pets. I've NEVER owned a pet in the USA, not even once. And PROBABLY never will.

Clothing nko? Do you know T-shirts, one of the most common clothing articles here, are routinely used just a few times and thrown away? There's a shopping center down the street whith huge donation boxes where people throw those things away. A lot off it ends up in Nigeria. Personally, I wear every T-shirt until it has holes in it. I even have shirts I wear today that I bought 20 years ago.

And with all my wisdom, I also freely CHOSE to throw away over $200K cash savings by moving to and investing in Nigeria, an economy with very clear long term and chronic recessionary indices and LOW PROBABILITIES of a successful business outcome.

CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES.

Anyway saving money in the USA is a CHOICE. That's not a random comment, I know that for a fact, from real life observation and experience. I just gave you 3 or 4 random, very common and fairly high cost DISCRETIONARY costs that can be incurred by CHOICE in the USA.

But at least it's a choice. In Nigeria the choices are very different for the 99.95% who earn less than ₦200K per month. I've been there.

This is my real name. And anyone choosing to banter around with me on this subject, how about at least your real name, job and location? It would add at least a little bit of credibility.

Thanks.

Gerrard59
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2022
IbeOkehie:

CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES.

And with all my wisdom, I also freely CHOSE to throw away over $200K cash savings by moving to Nigeria and investing the money there, into an economy with clearly long term and chronic recessionary indices and LOW PROBABILITIES of a successful business outcome.

CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES.

Anyway saving money in the USA is a CHOICE. That's not a random comment, I know that for a fact, from real life observation and experience. I just gave you 3 or 4 random, very common and fairly high cost DISCRETIONARY costs that can be incurred by CHOICE in the USA.

This is my real name. And anyone choosing to banter around with me on this subject, how about the minimum courtesy of a real name, job and location? It would add at least a little bit of credibility.

Thanks.

Thanks for your erudite and quite informative submission.
Before I give my two cents, let me invite the jury, see if anybody has an input

Crenzywilliams, kunle75, NwaliE01, seanwilliam, Osewa03, iod69779, pansophist, MALIGNANTGuest, Buddha3, CanadaOrBust, dazzlingd, FreeIgboho, somehow, klawaaa, Gerrard59
Hotty321, somehow, ayinba1, Kobicove, Folawealth090,  , GloriousGbola, StarchAndBanga, benqo01,  Selfmotivated,  SunMusk, maziude, Octopusssy, Shutupthere, DrAkpamudehe, ShaqFu, SeaTrade, MiaBeer makaveli902, pocohantas, MarketDispatch, simplepee, HarlequinLekex, Moh247, VeryWickedGoat, ednut1, Tohan505, yungchop, Possible1805
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by NaijaCover(m): 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Thanks for your erudite and quite informative input.
Before I give my two cents, let me invite the jury, see if anybody cares to comment

Crenzywilliams, kunle75, NwaliE01, seanwilliam, Osewa03, iod69779, pansophist, MALIGNANTGuest, Buddha3, CanadaOrBust, dazzlingd, FreeIgboho, somehow, klawaaa, Gerrard59
Hotty321, somehow, ayinba1, Kobicove,
Folawealth090,  , GloriousGbola, StarchAndBanga, benqo01,  Selfmotivated,  SunMusk, maziude, Octopusssy, Shutupthere, DrAkpamudehe, ShaqFu, SeaTrade, MiaBeer makaveli902, pocohantas, MarketDispatch, simplepee, HarlequinLekex, Moh247, VeryWickedGoat, ednut1, Tohan505, yungchop, Possible1805

IS HERE
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by benqo01(m): 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
post=118775622:

IS HERE

Wait u an agent?
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by NaijaCover(m): 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2022
benqo01:

Wait u an agent?

What Is The Meaning Of
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by FreeIgboho: 5:24am On Dec 01, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Thanks for your erudite and quite informative submission.
Before I give my two cents, let me invite the jury, see if anybody has an input

Crenzywilliams, kunle75, NwaliE01, seanwilliam, Osewa03, iod69779, pansophist, MALIGNANTGuest, Buddha3, CanadaOrBust, dazzlingd, FreeIgboho, somehow, klawaaa, Gerrard59, benqo01
Hotty321, somehow, ayinba1, Kobicove, Folawealth090,  , GloriousGbola, StarchAndBanga, benqo01,  Selfmotivated,  SunMusk, maziude, Octopusssy, Shutupthere, DrAkpamudehe, ShaqFu, SeaTrade, MiaBeer makaveli902, pocohantas, MarketDispatch, simplepee, HarlequinLekex, Moh247, VeryWickedGoat, ednut1, Tohan505, yungchop, Possible1805

I just opened a thread clarifying what university Tinubu actually attended:
https://www.nairaland.com/7459127/university-tinubu-actually-attended#118810833
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by IbeOkehie: 2:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
PoliteActivist:
So how does the below tally with your experience IbeOkehie?

Here's a video of how some poor people are living in the USA. This is an apartment provided by government for poor people. It's called Section 8 Program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihiZzv9Y4p0

Smoking cigars, multiple dogs.

Yeah no savings.
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by destinytreasure(m): 5:19am On Dec 08, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Believe me, that $40k will soon disappear unless you are a special kind of person. You'd buy better car, better everything and also increase your profile in society. All that will increase your expenses long before you figure out a way to increase your income. B4 long, money gone!

You can give me a try and watch out for the positive results. A lot of us are with so many ideas, potentials, and abilities but sometimes we just need capital for investment to start up something meaningful and beneficial to the society and in no distant time you see the growth of that investment with the returns it will yield.
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by xjiggy: 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Canada is not economically viable? See below
Bro when they say CA is short of workers, it does not mean anybody can just go and take up the job. You have to have the right credentials and specialty. Mind you, our university certificates can only get you into their schools but not give you job directly. Also they give preference to Americans, Europeans and Australians
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:07am On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:13am On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:34am On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:41am On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:52am On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 2:53am On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:26am On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 4:46am On Oct 19, 2023
Re: Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k by PoliteActivist: 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Man Sitting Inside The Engine Bay Of A Bus In Motion On Apapa-Oshodi Express / On A Road Trip to rural America,come With Me / Pictures Of More Rail Couches Shipped To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.