Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? (18898 Views)

Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans / Are Libyans Ignorant Of Their Own Racial Makeup Or Just Plain Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Hardebaryor(m): 11:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
chamber2:
Even though i do not support western invasion of Libya, i think Gaddaffi deserves what he is currently facing. Spending 41 years in power and running the government as family enterprise is tantamount to criminality and despotism. The days of absolutism is gradually withering and smart leaders are turning to democratic principles. people want more than food and money. They want freedom. Freedom to participate in the affairs of their country. Freedom to unlimited and unhindered realisation of their aspirations, both in politics and economy. Freedom to live their private life without unnecessary interference by the government and its cohorts.

Lets face it. Do you think the  Libyan people are fools and don't know what is good for them? If over 90% of Libyans do not support current events do you think they wouldn't have fought back? The truth is, the people are already frustrated with Gaddaffi and his despotic tendencies. They want change and current events coincided with their life-long yawning. I do believe that every political move has an economic underlying. But Gaddaffi paved ways for that. His regime became so unpopular and yet he did nothing to regain his image. Even his own son had earlier suggested that an election be conducted so as to give people the chance to decide their future.

As a person, i want more than mere $500 or 60,000. I want freedom. I want to live my life and participate unhindered in the political process. Yes, Nigeria may not have made much progress economically when compared with Libya, but Nigerians enjoy relative freedom and opportunity to determine, and influence the course of events in their country. The Asian oligarchies and feudal lords should realise that this is 21th century.
grin They now have the freedom
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by bukxy: 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2022
hmm,libyans
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Kazim88: 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2022
That was how the west fooled the world, demonize Gaddafi, killed him and destroyed Libya.

Russia was fortunate. Putin an experienced and intelligent diplomat is their president and the 6,000+ Nuclear war head is enough deterrent to the West.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by BentizilL: 9:46am On Oct 13, 2022
11 years later just as predicted by people here on nairaland Libya haven't stabilized..
But Russia is the evil of the world, the NATO that destroy Libya are saviour.. kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by raymexx: 10:24am On Oct 13, 2022
MIrhABi:
@ oga playmode

forget about the 60k dollars and the 500 dollars he gives them for whatever reason,these people are fighting for freedom.Freedom to do whatever in their home country.One of his sons tried hijacking his government,in the end he apologized and was given an appointment by gadaffi.Can an ordinary Libyan try that?,for a country with a small population and abundant oil can it be too much if he deposits 2,000 dollars every month?.
Hope they are enjoying their freedom now.
Even water now is a treasure in Libya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by raymexx: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2022
seunlayi:

You are right, Libyans believed that they deserved more from their government than what they are presently receiving especially, the area of freedom. THEY NO LONGER WILLING TO SELL THEIR FREEDOM FOR 500 DOLLARS or 60K WHATEVER.
Let us have it in mind that they are not like we Nigerians that are ready to sell our family at any amount.
Now after 11years of Western freedom they would have preferred Gadaffi's nonsense 500 dollars or 60k WHATEVER.
Even water in Libya now is a problem. The fresh water production plant with distribution pipelines that Gadaffi built has been left to roiten.
Where is the freedom now

2 Likes

Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by raymexx: 10:38am On Oct 13, 2022
enomakos:
Bleep gaddafi they want freedom
Now they are enjoying their freedom 11years after
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by raymexx: 10:51am On Oct 13, 2022
Sagamite:

What did you expect under the short period of transition?

Magic?
Is NATO still doing transition in Libya after 11year.
People like you are supposed to be stoned to death if you are still alive
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Kazim88: 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2022
raymexx:

Don't blame all this people. They have light brain and are easily fooled.
"FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY" .... The west biggest catch word.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by alcuin(m): 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2022
Libya should be a lesson to everyone.

11 years later, the country is still in shambles.

I guess they are all regretting their actions now.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by madridguy(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2022
The Libyans are now enjoying thier freedom and democracy grin
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2022
raymexx:

You are a creeetin!

I will make you my sacrifice to Jesus this Sunday.

So what is happening in Libya today?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth II: World Leaders Pay Tribute To Uk's Longest-serving Monarch / Kemi Badenoch Appointed Secretary Of State For International Trade / South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.