Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:48 AM

Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? (19317 Views)

Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans / Are Libyans Ignorant Of Their Own Racial Makeup Or Just Plain Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by harakiri(m): 11:33am On Aug 29, 2011
What a thread! People are calling Ghaddafi a tyrant,a monster and all sorts of things. They are using the word "FREEDOM" carelessly as if there is any west-influenced nation that is truly free. Can any of you point out ONE nation that the west "freed" that is free and properous today? Hmm? This was the same way they painted Saddam black as an excuse to invade his country. We can all see how that country is today. One thing people need to understand is that democracy is a system designed by the west to suit their geo-political landscape (the system isn't working so well for them now coz almost each new govt tries to debunk its predecessors and thus the economy keeps going back and forth). Everybody is talking about how he killed protestors in his country forgetting that the US has done the same thing at least twice ( I remember the one in philadelphia). They have no moral higher ground. Obj wiped out entire communities (odi and zaki biam) in a DEMOCRATIC setting but no NATO forces came to the rescue. In the '90s, tutsi and hutus wiped out millions with matchetes in 3 months while the world watched (The UN merely evacuated foreign nationals and left the citizens to their fate). Why? Coz they had no resources. There is no country in the world with western influence that is truly free. Matter of fact,the concept of "freedom" is an illusion. If you doubt me, make negative statements about a g.a.y individual and see if you won't be accused of "hate crime" and sentenced to jail! Shebi dem say freedom of speech na given right? Look, you cannot maintain order without taking distasteful decisions (even if it means killing your own citizens to serve as a deterrent to others). No matter how hard you try, there will always be some nuisances who might not have any thing meaningful to contribute but want to make your administration ungovernable (just like the northerner elites are doing to GEJ by using boko haram to frustrate his administration). If he rounds them up for public execution, the western media will paint him as a blood thirsty dog! All these western words such as "freedom" and "equality" are mere illusions and if you look closely, you'll see that the purpose they TRULY serve is different from their true meanings. Libya is dead! I'll be sadly watching as the country falls beyond the level of somalia. The rebels ARE not fighting for freedom rather they are fighting for selfish gains,hatred and tribal sentiments. As time goes, you will see how "free" libya becomes in the next 100 years. Look at Iraq. It's not so hard to put together.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 11:35am On Aug 29, 2011
playmode:

Go and watch Aljazeera ,Libyans are already complaining about the new National Transitional Councils.Some ladies were even complaining that they prefer Gadaffi Government because there was law and order but now they being robbed of their possessions by the rebels.

They also want to deply UN ground troops to be stationed in the country to help disarm the people.

I hope we are not seeing a new Iraq developing.

What did you expect under the short period of transition?

Magic?

harakiri:

What a thread! People are calling Ghaddafi a tyrant,a monster and all sorts of things. They are using the word "FREEDOM" carelessly as if there is any west-influenced nation that is truly free. Can any of you point out ONE nation that the west "freed" that is free and properous today? Hmm? This was the same way they painted Saddam black as an excuse to invade his country. We can all see how that country is today. One thing people need to understand is that democracy is a system designed by the west to suit their geo_political landscape (the system isn't working so well for them now coz almost each new govt tries to debunk its predecessors and thus the economy keeps going back and forth). Everybody is talking about how he killed protestors in his country forgetting that the US has done the same thing at least twice ( I remember the one in philadelphia). They have no moral higher ground. Obj wiped out entire communities (odi and zaki biam) in a DEMOCRATIC setting but no NATO forces came to the rescue. In the '90s, tutsi and hutus wiped out millions with matchetes in 3 months while the world watched (The UN merely evacuated foreign nationals and left the citizens to their fate). Why? Coz they had no resources. There is no country in the world with western influence that is truly. Matter of fact,the concept of "freedom" is an illusion. If you doubt me, make negative statements about a man-lover individual and see if you won't be accused to "hate crime" and sentenced to jail! Shebi dem say freedom of speech na given right? Look, you cannot maintain order without taking distasteful decisions (even if it means killing your own citizens to serve as a deterrent to others). No matter how hard you try, there will always be some nuisances who might not have any thing meaningful to contribute but want to make your administration ungovernable (just like the northerner elites are doing to GEJ by using boko haram to frustrate his administration). If he rounds them up for public execution, the western media will paint him as a blood thirsty dog! All these western words such as "freedom" and "equality" and mere illusions and if you look closely, you'll see that the purpose they TRULY serve is different from their true meanings. Libya is dead! I'll be sadly watching as the country falls beyond the level of somalia. The rebels ARE not fighting for freedom rather they are fighting for selfish gains,hatred and tribal sentiments. As time goes, you will see how "free" libya becomes in the next 100 years. Look at Iraq. It's not so hard to put together.

Tell me what is wrong with Iraq today.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2011
abes:

When will they Uninstall the queen on england?

pliz dont be ignorant

the queen doesnt rule england or uk   she is ceremonial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_monarchy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_monarchy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom

[b]
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland[note 5] (commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK or Britain) is a sovereign state located off the north-western coast of continental Europe. The country includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland and many smaller islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that shares a land border with another sovereign state—the Republic of Ireland. Apart from this land border the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the English Channel and the Irish Sea.
[size=15pt]The United Kingdom is a unitary state governed under a constitutional monarchy [/size]and a parliamentary system, with its seat of government in the capital city of London. It is a country in its own right[10][11] and consists of four countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.[12] There are three devolved national administrations, each with varying powers,[13][14] situated in Belfast, Cardiff and Edinburgh; the capitals of Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland respectively. Associated with the UK, but not constitutionally part of it, are three Crown [/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_United_Kingdom

Constitutional monarchy
The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy: succession to the British throne is hereditary, governed by the principle of male preference primogeniture, but excludes those who are, or who marry, Roman Catholics.
Under the British Constitution, sweeping executive powers, known as the royal prerogative, are nominally vested in the Sovereign. In exercising these powers, however, the Sovereign normally defers to the advice of the Prime Minister or other ministers. This principle, which can be traced back to the Restoration, was most famously articulated by the Victorian writer Walter Bagehot as [size=15pt]"the Queen reigns, but she does not rule"[/size].
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 11:55am On Aug 29, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

pliz dont be ignorant

the queen doesnt rule england or uk she is ceremonial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_monarchy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_monarchy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom

[b]
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland[note 5] (commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK or Britain) is a sovereign state located off the north-western coast of continental Europe. The country includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland and many smaller islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that shares a land border with another sovereign state—the Republic of Ireland. Apart from this land border the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the English Channel and the Irish Sea.
[size=15pt]The United Kingdom is a unitary state governed under a constitutional monarchy [/size]and a parliamentary system, with its seat of government in the capital city of London. It is a country in its own right[10][11] and consists of four countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.[12] There are three devolved national administrations, each with varying powers,[13][14] situated in Belfast, Cardiff and Edinburgh; the capitals of Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland respectively. Associated with the UK, but not constitutionally part of it, are three Crown [/b]

Our education system as failed in Nigeria!

There is no attempt to imbibe our students with a critical thinking and research culture.

Our ediots say anything that comes to mind without the slightest attempt at researching or equipping themselves with information.

They are happy to throw conjectures and utter idiocy as facts.

They "passed" school doing that and cramming or bribing, hence they think that is the way to think.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by harakiri(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2011
Furthermore, Asian countries (especially China) have the worst "human rights" violations in the world, their govt is authoritarian and yet, they are allowed to be a nuclear power and member of the UN (and NATO is I'm correct). Democracy cannot work in every country. No matter how hard you try, there will always be people causing civil unrest and violence (would boko haram be this bold during Obj's tenure?). Ghaddafi knows his people and the moment he applies democracy, his enemies will assume he's gone soft and capitalize on that to oust him and probably replace his rule with a harsh sharia govt. Just look at the sort of people fighting for the so called "freedom". Some of them have been linked to Al-Qeada and the US turns a blind eye to that and keeps funding them and arming them all because of oil. Already, Libyans are already complaining of human rights abuses from these "freedom fighters" and it hasn't even started yet. That's just a tip of the iceberg and a glimpse of the real "freedom" to come. The problem with a lot of human beings is their endless complaints. They never appreciate anything until they lose it.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
harakiri:

Furthermore, Asian countries (especially China) have the worst "human rights" violations in the world, their govt is authoritarian and yet, they are allowed to be a nuclear power and member of the UN (and NATO is I'm correct). Democracy cannot work in every country. No matter how hard you try, there will always be people causing civil unrest and violence (would boko haram be this bold during Obj's tenure?). Ghaddafi knows his people and the moment he applies democracy, his enemies will assume he's gone soft and capitalize on that to oust him and probably replace his rule with a harsh sharia govt. Just look at the sort of people fighting for the so called "freedom". Some of them have been linked to Al-Qeada and the US turns a blind eye to that and keeps funding them and arming them all because of oil. Already, Libyans are already complaining of human rights abuses from these "freedom fighters" and it hasn't even started yet. That's just a tip of the iceberg and a glimpse of the real "freedom" to come. The problem with a lot of human beings is their endless complaints. They never appreciate anything until they lose it.

So your argument is that Gaddafi has a right to dictate the lives of 5m people and kill them at will because of what he thinks is a danger to them?
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by harakiri(m): 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2011
Sagamite:

So your argument is that Gaddafi has a right to dictate the lives of 5m people and kill them at will because of what he thinks is a danger to them?

If the majority of his people are satisfied with his rule and there is obvious proof that he's improving their lives, THEN YES! He has the right. Speaking of "rights", what moral right does the west have to invade another country? What moral right do they have to dictate how every country in the world should be governed? Democracy is their creation. If it works for them, fine but they have no moral right to impose it on others. Who pokes their nose into their atrocities? They invaded the middle east with false accusations of WMD's and till today, no one has been found or even seen from the satellite radiation detectors. . .and yet, hundreds of thousands (if not millions) have lost their lives in a senseless war on "terror". Who are the "terrorists"? Hmmm?

You and i know that the only reason the west is showing interest in Libya is because of oil. If oil becomes obsolete tomorrow, NATO forces will withdraw without notice. How many African leaders are practicing true democracy? How many developed Asian countries practice democracy? The west tried in the past to impose it on them and failed. Today, those people practice what works for them and they are respected by all nations worldwide. They should leave Africans alone to create their own path. They should drop imperialism and move on. Can they invade China (which is a nuclear power) the way the did to Libya? Can they try that with North Korea? This is outright human right deprivation of the highest order. There is no country without crisis. Even the US has it's own problems but will they tolerate Russian forces coming in to fight for the "freedoms" of the people? Come on man, i know you get what i'm trying to say.

The west are greedy hypocrites and nothing more. Why didn't they bring in their NATO forces when the Hutus and Tutsi's were slaughtering each other for months and millions of women and children died from deep cuts? It's all about oil and nothing more (and you know it). They don't give a $hit about Libyans!
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2011
harakiri:

If the majority of his people are satisfied with his rule and there is obvious proof that he's improving their lives, THEN YES! He has the right.

Amsorry!

Before we go into the West.

Please tell me how you know majority of the people are satisfied.

I wait.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by honeric01(m): 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2011
Sagamite:

Amsorry!

Before we go into the West.

Please tell me how you know majority of the people are satisfied.

I wait.

The majority live in Tripoli and are in SUPPORT of him, stop watching BBC and CNN if you truly want to see his supporters in millions. get a glimpse of CCTV and RT for that.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by harakiri(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2011
honeric01:

Thanks for putting him through.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by harakiri(m): 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2011
This is the same BBC and CNN that announced false news of taking over Libya with "happy protesters" holding INDIAN FLAGS! ! ! This is the same media that announced that one of his sons had been captured and hours later, that same "captured" person was seen on DRIVING through the streets of Tripoli (live on video). A lot of people's perceptions of Ghaddafi comes from what they see and hear on the media and that's dangerous!
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2011
Sagamite:

Our education system as failed in Nigeria!

There is no attempt to imbibe our students with a critical thinking and research culture.

Our ediots say anything that comes to mind without the slightest attempt at researching or equipping themselves with information.

They are happy to throw conjectures and utter idiocy as facts.

They "passed" school doing that and cramming or bribing, hence they think that is the way to think.

its really a shame is it, we should always try to research
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2011
honeric01:

The majority live in Tripoli and are in SUPPORT of him, stop watching BBC and CNN if you truly want to see his supporters in millions. get a glimpse of CCTV and RT for that.
I watch CCTV most times to see Chinese views on this issue and, they report just the same way the CNN and BBC. They show the supporters for NTC and the rebels. None to be seen of Gaddafi supporters than an old woman who complained about water and latter drove away on mini ride. I don't watch Russian Television for some reason!
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2011
honeric01:

Jesus Christ! Fck Lawd! Fck Lawd! Fck me!

No 1, what do you understand by the "term" majority? Do you understand the meaning of that word in English?

So majority of Libyans live in Tripoli? Did you research that before you vomited this opinion?

Fck Lawd!

No 2, how do you know majority (of those even in Tripoli) support him? You took a poll? You are not intelligent enough to know that when he was in power, any signal of objecting to him can lead to your death? You are not smart enough to know that?

So when 1 million men were matching or plan to match for Abacha, that means majority of Nigerians want Abacha?

Fck Lawd!

No 3, if people are so in support of him, how come he has not allowed any vote in 44 years?

Fck Lawd!

harakiri:

Thanks for putting him through.

The same questions go to you.

I wait.

ZIM DRILL:

its really a shame is it, we should always try to research

Watch them!

Our education system has collapsed!

Just watch them debate.

And they will now start saying Sagamite is cold and harsh.

Research, critical thinking, zero.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by honeric01(m): 7:45am On Aug 30, 2011
^^^

I don't have time for long sermon, if you think the majority don't live in Tripoli, then prove it with fact, i repeat again, Majority of Libyan population live in Tripoli and they are MOSTLY for Gaddaffi, if you feel otherwise, then prove me wrong.

I don't need to take a poll, all you need do is watch CCTV or RT to get that part of my point, I have seen with my eyes, its left for you to see what you should see and not what your mind says you should see.

Why do you want a vote in a country that does not practice voting kinda politics? try to be reasonable, think carefully here, so because he hasn't allowed any voting means he's not loved?

BTW, i am not ready for those meaningless arguments, if you think majority in Tripoli are not for him, then prove me wrong with facts, but please use an independent source not sources from countries fighting him directly/indirectly.

Thank you.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2011
honeric01:

^^^

I don't have time for long sermon, if you think the majority don't live in Tripoli, then prove it with fact, i repeat again, Majority of Libyan population live in Tripoli and they are MOSTLY for Gaddaffi, if you feel otherwise, then prove me wrong.

I don't need to take a poll, all you need do is watch CCTV or RT to get that part of my point, I have seen with my eyes, its left for you to see what you should see and not what your mind says you should see.

Why do you want a vote in a country that does not practice voting kinda politics? try to be reasonable, think carefully here, so because he hasn't allowed any voting means he's not loved?

BTW, i am not ready for those meaningless arguments, if you think majority in Tripoli are not for him, then prove me wrong with facts, but please use an independent source not sources from countries fighting him directly/indirectly.

Thank you.

ZIM DRILL, you see what I told you?

Do you see?

Can you see how our education system has been fcked up producing people with this kind of low quality brains?

Someone makes an erroneous claim, he is challenged and called out. Instead of him to do RESEARCH and see the sense in shutting up, he goes into the auto-defensive mode of Nigerians which is locally called "I no go carry last". He applied this with the ludicrous audacity of stating he is right and you should prove him wrong.

This is how they argued in school and they were given a degree. And when foreign companies get to Nigeria and say these degrees are bothering on useless so they go and high expats or repats to work with the handful of local natural talent, they will scream racism and favouritism.

ZIM, ZIM, ZIM!!! My brother, that is how pathetic our education is and these people have a right to vote.

Now lets look at the population of Libya.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Libya

In the school I went to, not like the one honeric01 attended o, 19% in my Maths and English classes is not termed as "majority". Honeric01, that will claim to have a degree and beat his chest that "I am a graduate" has said 19% is majority and reiterated by standing by that stewpid opinion.

E no wan carry last! Typical product of a failed Education system.

He argues that a man is popular because of what he sees on TV and thinks voting is not an issue. He is not intelligent enough to know those that protested against him were shot dead on the spot and no one is allowed to protest against him. He argues daftly that a country is not a voting country and propose it is unreasonable to want voting in such a country and one man should be allowed to rule and kill them especially any that oppose him so his gullible self can be fooled that he is popular.

ZIM Drill, I told you to sit and watch them argue. Our leaders bastardised our education system and gave us people like Honeric01. Can you see why our country does not function?

People like Gaddafi depend on people with such low quality brains to conduct their evils. We have to be careful in this world we live to not let people like this honeric01 have a say.

Oya, harakiri, come and back him up. Come and praise Honeric01's contribution.

I wait.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2011
Either honeric01 and co are ignorant or just being sentimental about what is happening in Libya. I can't see any reason why Gaddafi has to be in power after getting the power through dubious means - killing the former king and his family and staying there for 42 years hoping for family secession.

If we were to go by your argument that the majority of people are satisfied with his govt. then what's your take on those 10,000 prisoners imprisoned for questioning Gaddafi regime. Sincerely speaking I doubt if you had good idea about what majority means than airing false statement here of majority satisfied with his administration. The gaddafi family were found to be very harsh on their servants - the female among(Ashia) the family members scalded one of her house maids head with boiling water. And, I am still asking what Amnesty International is saying about that.

Now, I would like to say there is no huge mistake made by removing Gaddafi from power only that if he didn't quit instilling sentiment on those few who believed in him to stop committing havoc there is bound to be pocket of resistance for a while and, I think that's what he intend to do. On the other hand he is not going to succeed on the long run.

On the final note,it surprises me to see that Algeria of all country, whose people supported NTC fight against Libyan govt., has given the family rescue or safe haven which they say is based on act of humanitarian ground. That makes me to question the fact that we are going to see discomfort from this move by the Algerian govt. after ban has been placed on the Gaddafi and his family during this critical time in the Arab uprising.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by harakiri(m): 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2011
all4naija:

Either honeric01 and co are ignorant or just being sentimental about what is happening in Libya. I can't see any reason why Gaddafi has to be in power after getting the power through dubious means - killing the former king and his family and staying there for 42 years hoping for family secession.

If we were to go by your argument that the majority of people are satisfied with his govt. then what's your take on those 10,000 prisoners imprisoned for questioning Gaddafi regime. Sincerely speaking I doubt if you had good idea about what majority means than airing false statement here of majority satisfied with his administration. The gaddafi family were found to be very harsh on their servants - the female among(Ashia) the family members scalded one of her house maids head with boiling water. And, I am still asking what Amnesty International is saying about that.

Now, I would like to say there is no huge mistake made by removing Gaddafi from power only that if he didn't quit instilling sentiment on those few who believed in him to stop committing havoc there is bound to be pocket of resistance for a while and, I think that's what he  intend to do. On the other hand he is not going to succeed on the long run.

On the final note,it surprises me to see that Algeria of all country, whose people supported NTC fight against Libyan govt., has given the family rescue or safe haven which they say is based on act of humanitarian ground. That makes me to question the fact that we are going to see discomfort from this move by the Algerian govt. after ban has been placed on the Gaddafi and his family during this critical time in the Arab uprising. 

For someone who's quoting word for word everything that the BBC and CNN says about Ghaddafi, i wonder who's the real ignoramus here. The same media that you get your "facts" from are the same people who aired INDIANS carrying indian flags and presented them as "Libyan protesters". The same media are the ones who announced that one of Ghaddafi's son's had been captured and yet, hours later. . .that same "captured" person was seen driving through the streets of Tripoli (live on video). This is where you get your "credible" information from.

Anyways, back to the issue. . .

For starters, power has never been an easy game. It's never given rather it's obtained forcefully (the current United States of America did not become independent through dialogue. They fought the British armed forces to gain their independence and millions of lives were lost). You can castigating Ghaddafi as a blood thirsty tyrant who took over power by force by killing the former king and his family MEANWHILE the same US government that has bastardized this man via the media RECOGNIZES Hamas as a ruling party. If you have been current, you'll remember that Hamas was a Palestinian terrorist rebel group that took over power in Gaza after wiping out the ruling Fatah forces (i can post a video of them throwing of members of the Fatah from tall buildings to die if you want). These are the same people the US government recognized as a "political party" in the last elections. Talk about hypocrisy at it's finest. And you have the nerve to call people ignorant. You bloody ignoramus of unending ramifications!

You are talking about other posters being sentimental whereas the only key points you can bring out are his killing of the former king, the 10,000 protesters imprisoned for questioning his regime and his family's harshness to servants. How "inspiring". How about the same western forces that have wasted the lives of hundreds of thousands (if not millions) all because of their insatiable greed for oil? They invaded Iraq on false claims that the country possessed weapons of mass destruction (WMD's). Till today, not even a single isotope of radiation has been found there. They are still there, in control of the oil and opium poppy fields and nobody is asking questions because you are all spineless cowards! And you have the nerve to call people ignorant? When Obasanjo wiped out the ENTIRE communities of Odi and Zaki Ibiam, where was your bleeding heart for them? And this happened in a DEMOCRATIC dispensation! Where were the NATO forces then? Hmmm? What came out of it except a few media publications and the matter died a natural death! And you still have the nerve to talk. Who questions them? Hmmm? Can Russian forces invade the US to fight for the "freedoms" of the people? Can NATO invade China (which is a nuclear power and has one of the worst human rights violations in the world) to "liberate" the people? Hmmm? When the Hutu's and Tutsi's were slaughtering themselves by the million for months, where was NATO? What did the UN do except evacuate their ambassadors and nationals? Hmmm? And you have the guts to talk rubbish!

Democracy is a product of the west and if it works for them, fine but what moral right do they have to impose it on others? Democracy,Communism,Fascism are all products people developed to work for their people. Ghaddafi knew what would work in his country and did it work? YES! Can you compare the standard of living he provided for his people with any other African country? NO! Look at all the so called countries practicing the so called "democracy" in Africa. Why are they today? Look at Nigeria. What is there to talk about except corruption, ethnic and tribal violence, militant groups causing mayhem and death, bad roads, no electricity, no employment, no social security, no health care,no human rights,no nothing! And you have the nerve the talk. How many Libyans have you seen traveling to the west to seek greener pasture? Any mind you, they have all the freedom to travel as they please. The only reason NATO is there is because of oil and nothing more. You need to start thinking with your head instead of absorbing all the crap BBC and CNN feeds you with. What has happened to Libya is a tragedy and in the following years to come, you'll see the results. The people fighting are doing so out of deep seated hatred,tribal differences and selfish gains. Libya has been debt free for decades but just within the past few months, Germany has already "lended" $144million to the rebels. What for? Don't you have a brain? Libyans are already complaining of human rights abuses from these so called "freedom fighters" and you are there talking nonsense with that buffoon called SAGAMITE.

The West (especially the US) always advertise the "freedoms" offered to their citizens (especially freedom of speech). If that is true, why is it that someone who has a bias towards g.a.y. people is accused of "hate crime" and "intolerance" and sent to jail? Doesn't he/she have the "freedom" to express his/her opinion? What freedom do the men have when you are required to fill and sign a military form called THE DRAFT between the ages of 18yrs-21yrs and failure to do so attracts a jail term of FIVE YEARS imprisonment! ! ! So much for the "democratic freedoms".

Like someone commented earlier :

Queen Elizabeth II ruled for 63years and it was called "the monarchy"
A US senator was there for 51years and it was called "democracy"
Ghaddafi ruled for 42years and it's called "tyranny and dictatorship"

REETARDS! ! !
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2011
sagamite

i always ask people, especially zimbabweans when we talk about ZANU (Mugabe's) and MDC (Tsvangirai) those who were born when mugabe came into power are now 31 years ---- and the question is ----- do you think that they will share the same vision with mugabe?

at the same time people in his party are old, most young who wanted to contest with old guys where killed or threatened with death

it is the same on libya 44 years --- meaning those born when he came to power are now 44 years would they share the same vision with him?

if we go back to basic reasoning for a family mum and daughter or father and son always have different visions over one subject

if you go back to history most absolute monachy suffered becoz of that

its high time those people go if there were holding elections or fair elections and being voted for then we would give them support

there is nothing like that on gaddaffi , on mugabe his party beat up people, forced to attend his party rallies and then rig elections
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2011
@Harakiri

Get your fact straight! I didn't quote from BBC or your so called anti-Gaddafi media. Stop putting words in my mouth. I check through many TV news media every now and then to balance my views on this issue apart from RT which I stopped listening to for some reason.

If you were doing guess works on people opinions here and claimed them to be right things only proves you're misleading yourself of the reality than trying to prove your lowly smartness. I have seen people like you come here to air their views and I don't think there is anything wrong about that, not you telling me I am quoting BBC word for word without you ever knowing me. And, I would advise you to read my comments to have a better understanding why I am against Gaddafi.

You can blind yourself to the fact of what is happening in Libya and side with Gaddafi a tyrant, which is a fact that he's a killer and he came into the govt. through a bloody coupe. The thing that would have interest me most is for you to debunk what I expressed in my comments with affirmative counter answers rather than saying here that I am quoting BBC - for your information BBC is by far honestly a better broadcasting station than whatever news media you can come up with.

You views are only sentimental to what is taking place in Libya to say the least!

Look at those you lines closely and carefully. They prove you are very ignorant of the fact in Libya!

Queen Elizabeth II ruled for 63years and it was called "the monarchy" --- With Brit govt. in place?Can the queen dictate for the parliament?It is ceremonial and Brits have traditions.
A US senator was there for 51years and it was called "democracy" --- What has that got to do with being the head of nation. Was it by election?Keep referring to the past.
Ghaddafi ruled for 42years and it's called "tyranny and dictatorship" --- Through coupe and you deem it okay  for Gaddafi to have come in through killings of  the man in power and his family. The same thing is happening to Gaddafi to relinquish his power, not even killing him and his family now after 42 years, you are claiming it not to be right. You must be hallucinating on drugs!

REETARDS! ! !
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2011
harakiri:

Queen Elizabeth II ruled for 63years and it was called "the monarchy"
A US senator was there for 51years and it was called "democracy"
Ghaddafi ruled for 42years and it's called "tyranny and dictatorship"

REETARDS! ! !

Fck Lawd! You need a hammer to get into some brains.

harakiri, now take the time . . . .

Sorry, let me rephrase, take your shyt-arse time to explain what basis of comparison you are using to compare the Queen or a Senator to Gaddafi.

Please, I wait.

I am not yet going to go into the junk you wrote there about power, hamas . . . . . . and I could not be bothered to read the rest because the front end was a pile of junk.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by harakiri(m): 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2011
@Sagamite and his little pawn all4naija

I already knew that dullards like yourselves would pick on those ending comments of mine (i modified my post and added that later on ). Is that all you have to say about all i typed? Hmm?

Dullards! ! !
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by harakiri(m): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2011
all4naija:

@Harakiri

Get your fact straight! I didn't quote from BBC or your so called anti-Gaddafi media. Stop putting words in my mouth. I check through many TV news media every now and then to balance my views on this issue apart from RT which I stopped listening to for some reason.

If you were doing guess works on people opinions here and claimed them to be right things only proves you're misleading yourself of the reality than trying to prove your lowly smartness. I have seen people like you come here to air their views and I don't think there is anything wrong about that, not you telling me I am quoting BBC word by word without you ever knowing me. And, I would advise you to read my comments to have a better understanding why I am against Gaddafi.

You can blind yourself to the fact of what is happening in Libya and side with Gaddafi a tyrant, which is a fact that he's a killer and he came into the govt. through a bloody coupe. The thing that would have interest me most is for you to debunk what I expressed in my comments with affirmative counter answers rather than saying here that I am quoting BBC - for your information BBC is by far honestly a better broadcasting station than whatever news media you can come up with.

You views are only sentimental to what is taking place in Libya to say the least!

Look at those you lines closely and carefully. They prove you are very ignorant of the fact in Libya!

Oh, puuullleeeaase! ! ! Spare me the crap, go grab a glass of milk and cookies and prop yourself in front of the TV for more media brainwashing. You say Ghadaffi is a "tyrant" and a "killer" and i wonder, what does that make the US government and allies who invaded Iraq all because of their oil thus killing uncountable innocent civilians (which includes old men,women and children. . .and the dead where all labelled as "terrorists"wink. Who is terrorizing who? They got tired of using soldiers to kill and started sending in drones carrying bombs to decimate entire communities. See who's talking about "killers" and "tyrants"!

Reetard! ! !
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2011
harakiri:

@Sagamite and his little pawn all4naija

I already knew that dullards like yourselves would pick on those ending comments of mine (i modified my post and added that later on ). Is that all you have to say about all i typed? Hmm?

Dullards! ! !

Come on, answer my last questions and we will arrive at who is the dullard/reetard.

I can bet you people on NL are not even placing bets because they know how this will end. They are familiar with the terms: "Intellectual slaughter"!

I wait, the flaw floor is yours, explain your comparisons.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by harakiri(m): 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2011
Sagamite:

Fck Lawd! You need a hammer to get into some brains.

harakiri, now take the time . . . .

Sorry, let me rephrase, take your shyt-arse time to explain what basis of comparison you are using to compare the Queen or a Senator to Gaddafi.

Please, I wait.

I am not yet going to go into the junk you wrote there about power, hamas . . . . . . and I could not be bothered to read the rest because the front end was a pile of junk.

Why won't everything i typed be regarded as a pile of junk to you when your pea-sized-brain rejects all manner of common sense by default?

Dullard! ! !
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2011
harakiri:

Why won't everything i typed be regarded as a pile of junk to you when your pea-sized-brain rejects all manner of common sense by default?

Dullard! ! !

Answer the questions, lets see you common sense. grin
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2011
harakiri:

Oh, puuullleeeaase! ! ! Spare me the crap, go grab a glass of milk and cookies and prop yourself in front of the TV for more media brainwashing. You say Ghadaffi is a "tyrant" and a "killer" and i wonder, what does that make the US government and allies who invaded Iraq  all because of their oil thus killing uncountable innocent civilians (which includes old men,women and children. . .and the dead where all labelled as "terrorists"wink. Who is terrorizing who? They got tired of using soldiers to kill and started sending in drones carrying bombs to decimate entire communities. See who's talking about "killers" and "tyrants"!

Reetard! ! !.

Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Does that justify the reason why Gaddafi should be in power? Old fool! Look at how Zap.i.n.g silly you made your old self look like!

Is that all you have to say?  I would like to know how the issue at hand relates to the Queen of England and American senator?
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by harakiri(m): 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2011
Sagamite:

Come on, answer my last questions and we will arrive at who is the dullard/reetard.

I can bet you people on NL are not even placing bets because they know how this will end. They are familiar with the terms: "Intellectual slaughter"!

I wait, the flaw floor is yours, explain your comparisons.

I already did. Talking about "placing bets", the only reason why myself (and I'm sure a whole lot of people share this view) don't bother bantering with you is because you are seen as an over grown toddler who wastes no time into going into tantrums the moment his view/perspectives are threatened. Tell me, what normal human being types the word "cretin" on almost every post of his as if the word is going out of fashion?

Hmmm?
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2011
harakiri:

I already did. Talking about "placing bets", the only reason why myself (and I'm sure a whole lot of people share this view) don't bother bantering with you is because you are seen as an over grown toddler who wastes no time into going into tantrums the moment his view/perspectives are threatened. Tell me, what normal human being types the word "cretin" on almost every post of his as if the word is going out of fashion?

Hmmm?

You have where?

Summarise it by reposting.

I wait.

The reason people like you don't dare is you know you would be intellectually slaughtered. Stop faking!
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2011
I am fcking itching here, mate.

Put that damn explanation down!
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2011
^^^^
Stop wasting your time on that old fool throwing tantrums calling them reasons why Gaddafi must stay in power!
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Sagamite(m): 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2011
Am waiting!

The intellectual daggers are gripped in my hands and laid by my side waitng to intellectually slaughter you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EU Decides To Provide Weapons Worth €500 Million To Ukraine / Fight Breaks Out in Sierra Leone Parliament (video) / One Person Killed After Gunmen Attack Church In Istanbul.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.