Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,352 members, 7,829,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi (40048 Views)

Exchange Between Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed And Rufai Oseni. / Prof Chukwuma Soludo And Family In New Pictures / Chukwuma Soludo Vs Ejike Mbaka - Rev Fr Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Cantonese: 10:25am On Nov 15, 2022
Aufbauh:
Soludo 2- Obi 0

Peter Obi is just like one of the typical Igbo trader hustling to sell his substandard goods.

He has nothing to offer and not different from the old block.

If he is from the “old block” and you support any other from the “old block”, you surely are possessed by the same spirit.
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by chikason22(m): 10:28am On Nov 15, 2022
naptu2:

https://saharareporters.com/2015/02/01/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-and-missing-trillions-1-chukwuma-charles-soludo

PO is your next president. Someone you claimed had no structure is suddenly a nightmare to you all.

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Fiscus105(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2022
mabea:
This thing you wrote here I don't even know where to start to respond to you. Obi is not capable of ruling Nigeria, Obi is more suitable for a Minister of Finance Commerce and Industry.......now you asked what did he do differently as governor, you sound confused and really have any strong reason against Obi's candidacy. Just a bandwagon.

I will advise you to go and read comment Obasanjo wrote about okonjo iweala in his book.

If u re not confused just like every other Obi blindfolded fans, u will know that, thre is clear different between president/gov and minister/commissioner. You would have known that, so many people will perform in middle level and find it hard to perform when they get to the very top, typical of Buhari personality.

To u, everything in Obi is perfect and everything in other candidates are calamity.

To u, when they analyse and pin point where ur presidential candidate of ur choice is weak, you turn to attack dog in other to bite such person.
still don't know that human being becomes perfect just cos he is going for an election o.

For ur information, I crictised Tinubu and Atiku farrrrrrr more than Obi.
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by inoki247: 10:35am On Nov 15, 2022
Jaisman26:

Apc hmmmmm maybe you just came tback to Nigeria after 2015 elections. You are a native naive if you think OBIdients are doing quarter of what apc did in insults and propaganda. Go and sleep

show me anywhere people are been bullied for supporting PDP den or shut up forever....

You people are just bitter...
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Niceiroko: 10:35am On Nov 15, 2022
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Eastlandx: 10:48am On Nov 15, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Kindly direct your insults to Soludo and stats agencies
I'm directing it to both off you
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Since you agree that Soludo is intelligent than your father, and your generation put together, who am I to disagree.
Sorry, the Truth is bitter.
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by PlayerMeji: 11:01am On Nov 15, 2022
Nzogbu Nzogbu, Enyimba Enyim!
His father is the number one citizen in Anambra, no one knows the name of the son you mentioned until today,

Do you see the typical life of an urchin? A drowning man clutching at a straw...

OfoIgbo:

Even Soludo's son has abandoned his father in support of Obi.

Soludo is already loosing big time. Anambra is like no other state. No cretin can bamboozle ndi Anambra. Soludo's political days are numbered. Anambrarians will ensure that.

Meanwhile let us look out for the Arise TV News interview of David Hundeyin. E get why grin grin
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by sonofthunder: 11:04am On Nov 15, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Mr Man, Soludo is a daft unintelligent E-diot.... His son is ashamed of him.

Leave my mention please.

If only you weren't a coward hiding behind your keyboard.

Typical Obi supporter. Insult and Bully

Maturity=0

Continue in your wisdom
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by trutht828: 11:16am On Nov 15, 2022
Aufbauh:
Soludo 2- Obi 0

Peter Obi is just like one of the typical Igbo trader hustling to sell his substandard goods.

Now, tribal bigot is suddenly defending an igbo man. grin
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by PlayMaker14: 11:18am On Nov 15, 2022
excellence44:

Sorry, the Truth is bitter.
Yeah it is, please greet your Dad who's not as intelligent as Soludo gateman for me.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by PlayMaker14: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2022
sonofthunder:

If only you weren't a coward hiding behind your keyboard.

Typical Obi supporter. Insult and Bully

Maturity=0

Continue in your wisdom
Soludo is an E-diot....

Keep crying. grin

1 Like

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Niceiroko: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2022
Aufbauh:
Soludo 2- Obi 0

OBI 5- SOLUDO 0

“Talking about signature project, Obi has them in abundance. He built over 30 bridges, built the State Secretariat, built the teaching hospital, built the permanent site of the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu University, rebuilt Iyienu, Borromeo hospitals, Holy Rosary and St Joseph hospitals; and Our Lady of Lourdes among many hospitals with signature structures dotting them.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by OfoIgbo: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Nzogbu Nzogbu, Enyimba Enyim!
His father is the number one citizen in Anambra, no one knows the name of the son you mentioned until today,

Do you see the typical life of an urchin? A drowning man clutching at a straw...

So in spite of the fact that his father is the number one citizen of the state and a professor, his son chose to remain with the people of Anambra.

That should give you an idea of how Soludo is totally isolated in Anambra at the moment. BATstards will not comprehend what is happening.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Idaytesj29(m): 11:45am On Nov 15, 2022
Naira20:
I don't like reported speech.

Give us the full letter let us ascertain the tenor of the letters.

Until then,
Soludo should focus on governance for now.

Nigerians are focused on retiring Atiku+Tinubu not Soludo's opinions
Which Nigerians? You will say IPOB, ESN and Unknown gunmen on the ground and online disguised as Obi supporters want to retire Atiku and Tinubu as if they were employed by you in the first place.
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by lilyheaven: 11:49am On Nov 15, 2022
As in eeh !
Obi won’t win Anambra, so much hatred among them.
yuzjet:
If Nigeria will split, I still pity Biafra nation. So many internal sabotages that won't help them.

Who could have thought Soludo wouldn't support his own at this point?

Anyway, it's good to let obidients understand the real politics and why Obi may not even win his own Anambra?

Whatever the outcome, it'll be great to see.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by StrongD: 11:58am On Nov 15, 2022
Been posted elsewhere but still worth reading. Quite long: about 8-10min reading

I read the actual text of Soludo's recent piece. There were many problems with his piece but people are bashing him for the wrong reasons. They are misreading the main thrust of his write-up, one in which I—and, incidentally, Peter Obi— wholly agree with. Nevertheless, I'll first address issues with the piece, while showing where it is correct.

Despite claiming that he acknowledged the achievements of all his predecessors he did not try, in his write up, to present any sort of balance on Obi. Rather, he appeared to unearth all possible disagreements with his legacy that he could claim while failing to state any positives.

Particularly worrying would be his claim to certain statistics that directly run counter to what is known Obi achieved. For example, it is well documented that Obi improved the economic and educational metrics of the state such that, as even judged at the time by the economic teams of rival governors, he was voted the best. Thus, if things were really X bad with Obi, they were sort of X² bad with others.

He even presented his efforts (looking out also for corrections and advice to improve) in their then organised forum for accountability and better governance: the first to do so. No other governor agreed to present afterwards, thus, such laudable ongoing series was forced to die.

The metrics of education, power supply (eg, provided transformers widely among other efforts), health ( eg, water supply to primary health centres) and, overall, what was palpably experienced on the ground was clearly better at the end of his tenure than at Obiano's end. Even Obiano's signature projects —eg, the Awka flyovers he engraved with his name and the airport— were started by Obi and funded by Obi's savings: as expected, since Obi's tenure was during a more buoyant oil revenue period.

The insistence of saddling Obi with the moniker of someone who was only interested in hoarding funds is very untrue and beginning to seem a deliberate effort (particularly by an economist). Obi actually spent more on state needs from his revenue than his predecessors and successor. Had he stayed a 3rd term, the airport he had just relocated to northern Anambra would have been constructed by him and those flyovers in Awka (he had already redone Onitsha's roads and the notorious Upper Iweka: all much more than anything Obiano did road-wise). His uniqueness was in trying to conserve where expenditure (especially in cost of governance) was deemed not necessary, with an eye for investment in the future of the children of the state.

In doing so he made some mistakes. I agree with Soludo that a number of the roads Obi built for rural towns and villages were not as durable as those made by Ngige. He seems to have chosen road options that would bear light vehicles transporting farm produce from such places to towns for sale. The breakdown of the major federal roads made most heavy traffic divert to such new and good roads so they degraded faster than planned. Despite this, they lasted 7-10 years.

Someone once told me that the most important issue in building a structure is committing oneself to the maintenance one's initial choice for the structure would demand. Just as he first built those roads out of virtually no roads, he would have been very well capable of maintaining them as due. Unfortunately, the time for their maintenance started occuring largely in the middle of Obiano's time, who simply neglected them to completely fall apart. Despite it being possible that a better option could have been reached, the most important thing here is that Obi had a plan and executed it fairly, a plan that did not deprive his people of their resources in any way. Moreover, his humility helps him learn from substandard situations.

Similarly, I am befuddled by what metric is Soludo claiming the jump in poverty under Obi and a significant shrinking by Obiano's end? I am not an economist but it is only the opposite I experienced in my wide interactions within my state. This could be one of those situations where one users an unnatural metric to extrapolate: "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of statistics to bolster weak arguments, "one of the best, and best-known" critiques of applied statistics (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics). A present-day one is that from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), which says Nigeria's real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at basic prices grew by 3.11 per cent in quarter one of 2022 on a year-on-year basis. Does this seems to indicate that we are 3.11% better than last year? Is this what is actually being felt on the ground? Why people are running out of the country faster now than ever before? Bear in mind that even the "almighty" NNPC has not been remitting anything to the states.

The problems with Soludo's piece are why many consider this saga to simply be yet another step the political elite are taking to crush the groundswell threatening to disturb their "business as usual". This is also the main reason Obi keeps travelling around to speak with them: to ensure they, at best, be neutral instead of working assiduously against him. He will need all hands on deck (one way or another) to help reverse the sinking ship that is Nigeria.

Let us not forget that the only reason Obi became governor is the personal conviction of Ojukwu in his person. Ojukwu, after interacting with him, declared him as the man to lead our people forward. I remember him begging Ndi Anambra that he was an old man soon to pass on but that they should do this for him, that one time, because they were really doing it for themselves and their children. Despite all that, it was Ngige's falling out with the PDP godfather, and refusing Abuja's directive to make up with him that enabled Obi to prevail at court. Obi was then impeached by the elite (but saved, again, by the courts) when they could not resurrect their business as usual.

Good arguments, some already given by Soludo, can be given for it being better for Obi to have stayed put in that one party: APGA. However, other good arguments can be made for the opposite, especially for someone hoping to do good at Aso Rock. Why should someone —a real businessman— persist in a venture that had no hope of success, simply because it is an Igbo party, a success that is not supposed to be for the Igbo people alone? In fact, for simply being APGA, most in other parts of the country would not have voted it. Labour is clearly tribe agnostic (for now). It also lacks the bad history of PDP. So, if APGA can only win in Anambra —a state that Soludo even agrees Obi in Labour is likely to win it's presidential votes— contesting on the APGA's platform will be a minus nationwide where it lacks Labour's clean slate. The only place APGA has formidable structure is Anambra. Moreover, Labour connects an aspirant with all public workers and Labour activists nationwide who, with the aggrieved youth, give one a much more credible 3rd way than APGA ever could. Obi then buttressed it all by explicitly telling people not to vote for him if it is simply because he is Igbo.

I also agree, in a large part, with Soludo's assessment of the quest for Igbo presidency and the lack of long-term strategy by Ndi Igbo. This is borne out of the understandable desire to have some from the SE rule in turn with others: very difficult due to not being enshrined by law and low overall voting clout. Unfortunately, we all now have a culture of turn-by-turn chopping or turn-by-turn development through one's town's man at the top. For example, this is how Enugu State now runs. However, as said earlier, saddling Obi with merely a realisation of Igbo rule —however laudable one's as may be— is myopic, stunting and not what he presently stands for. So all that assessment is irrelevant.

I agree with Soludo's knock on Obi's investment of state funds in a business of which he was a member of its board. It raises ethical questions. However, remember who we are talking about and you see its consistency with his erstwhile actions. He is a trader who deals with what he knows, even when trying to act selflessly. He returned to Missionary systems for previously missionary schools because he knew them to run well when they had them. He, seeing some surpluses in state funds, wanted to invest them in structures he had personally experienced and believed were on an upward trajectory, so much so that if the state ended up losing money, he too will lose money because his money was there too. In fact, their value only started to dip following the overall distress businesses were experiencing (more businesses failing) during Obiano's latter years. It first proves that there was more poverty during Obiano and, secondly that Obiano's economic team should have been monitoring the investments to know when to sell them and buy other upwardly mobile shares. Nothing stays permanent.

All the above not withstanding, many Obi supporters are acting like the present day Western "progressives" who do not allow others to have a point of view different from theirs without trying to bury them. That is wrong. Live and let live. Engage their points and, if you both remain with your initial convictions, simply agree to disagree. Even inconceivably worse are those who try to harm Soludo (or anyone else) who simply disagrees that Obi is the right option.

Now to be clear, this is not in any way the fault of Obi. It is a groundswell of frustrations of people seeing their future evaporate and, thus flailing and grasping out for a support. It is well known that one has to be very careful (and, better, trained!) before trying to rescue a drowning man. His desperation may sink you too. See the widespread protest in Iran. Their corruption is no where near ours but see the reactions. If there was even a modicum of opposition leader there, would it not have been false to saddle him with the responsibility of violent protests, simply because he is seen as an alternative to the rulers?

Obi himself has announced to his supporters the need for moderation and respect multiple times (as is well evident in his person). In fact, there is absolutely no evidence anyone can present that shows Obi egging anyone on. So, how can he, in good conscience, be saddled with the responsibility of the actions of drowning men, men being drowned by the effects of successive PDP and APC leaders?

In any case, please let us be civil. Thank you for the patience to read this very long piece.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by kingthreat(m): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2022
realestate99:

So it is true that you flat brains want to force a mediocre ridden with errors on the nation, God will bless Soludo in all ramifications. These useless Obi supporters knows Obi is below average but lies, deception and manipulation Is the air they breathe, Thankfully, Obi is a joke gone too far, before INEC officials begin to disburse election materials to election officers, Obi's election hope woud be on ground zero.

Aburo why you dey yab me na. Could'nt you read between the lines which side I am on?
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Farrason: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
Only a brainwashed ipob terrorist Zombidient will believe in the Conman fraudster pandora pathological liar Obi tuary. A man is promising to do this and that but has no record to show of what he did in 8 years as Governor.
Isn't that the height of stupidity, imbecility and gullibility.
Pandora pathological liar Obi tuary was failed Governor with nothing to show for 8 years ad Governor except for poor investment of govt money into his own family business.
Nothing but a Conman with a woman's voice. grin

you got a few things right though... Easterners are the architect of their own misfortune. The North always rallied behind their representatives irrespective of performance, record, experience. That's why people like Atiku is bold, Shettima is bold to come out. But in the East, if you descend from heaven to run for presidency.... Village people go still gather for your matter to pull you down. Dem no loyal o

If you say Obi is a Conman... why dont you get involved and join the race.... and leave us the vote to garner for you. Stop giving thieves, conmen and drug dealers access to our generational inheritance.

Get involved, attend the Presidential debates and lets know what you have for us... Until then bro, when you point one finger at someone else, guess where more fingers are pointing - YOU!!
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Lionstep: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2022
Honourable1901:

Asiwaju is better

For you
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by NwaGodl1000(m): 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2022
Anambrans how did we end up with this overrated Prof. Obi saved money and Obiano squandered it. Soludo complained that there's no saving for him but now condemning the same Obi savings. Today most Anambra roads are in shambles and that seems to not worrying Soludo but Obi. I don't see his regime last not at all.
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by theforemost: 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Quite unfortunate Soludo son is more reasonable than the daft unintelligent Idiot of a father.

That man you called "idiot" is the BEST Anambra could stage now.
If he'd been the one instead of that deceptive dollars called zOnBI, i would have voted for him even against my own blood brother

Do you remember SOLUDO SOLUTION!??

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by theforemost: 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
God bless his excellency president Peter Obi GCFR

Grand Criminal of the Federal Republic

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by theforemost: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2022
Faiththatworks:
When the Enigmatic Gov Senator Kassim Shettima (Insha Allah the next vice president of Nigeria) called H.E Peter Obi Gringori,some media commentators launched a verbal tirade against him.
I daresay his Excellency was 10000% right about Peter Obi.
He's indeed Gringori and his followers have confirmed the nickname Sen Shettima bequeathed on him.
He's just in the presidential race to add some comedy and cash out like Nnamdi Kanu has done in the last 7 years.
I believe it's time for the DSS to look into the followers of Gringori, it's looking like Gringori supporters are a well orchestrated disinformation unit led by some media talibanic characters.
Only a big fool will think the attack on the Double Gov, H.E Charles Soludo is spontaneous,the Boko haramic behavior of Gringori supporters is starting to follow a certain pattern and if the DSS refuses to act now,I'm sure they will metamorphose into a more deadly and killer unit spreading lies and bile if and when they lose the election.
If in doubt,go to the browser call Phoenix and look at any stories that concern Peter Obi,the comments on stories about Peter Obi on that browser will drive a chill down your spine.
God bless Nigeria.

Let them come! The north would KILL shege out of them.

I'm 2023, they will lose poorly and would accuse INEC of rigging even with no evidence and not coming 3rd. They will hold rally, fight and destroy many things in their land and change their slogan to
"WE WANT Biafra!!!".

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Freethinker87: 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2022
There's no point arguing here. We hope Soludo demonstrate his "macroeconomic" experience in Anambra state. We'll check back in 4 years.
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Dmec(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2022
When An Oracle Begins To Misbehave,
We Show It The Tree From Which It Was Carved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by DrProf(m): 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2022
Bigchristo:
Lets be realistic about this Soludo thread, He said Peter Obi was among Good luck Jonathan government who advised him on economy, do you people know that Charles Soludo is part of president Buhari economy advisory team committee? So compare the both governments and judge for yourself

grin grin grin
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by DrProf(m): 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2022
openmine:
I watched a gubernatorial debate done by arisetv where the same soludo was recently seen using the NBS statistics to indicate that the then administration of peter obi brought down the poverty rate in anambra from over 40% to 14%!
Any attempt to change the narrative which he has recently been doing only proves the kind of personality that few like okonjo iweala has observed about him in the past!

Remember that he said that Obasanjo is his mentor. grin
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Bigchristo: 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2022
DrProf:

grin grin grin
E nor weak you? grin grin
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
Eastlandx:

I'm directing it to both off you
Don’t direct it at me bro, kindly dispute the stats with facts
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by realestate99: 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2022
kingthreat:

Aburo why you dey yab me na. Could'nt you read between the lines which side I am on?
Abeg no vex, I no just wan dey reason anything with those mongrels.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by McBishop2020: 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2022
Cuntface:
Soludo just killed his political career in anambra state

Next election will teach him a serious lesson.

He quickly forgot that he became a governor because the citizens were out to take bullet for him just as more are out to take bullet for PO.

He quickly forgot that most political heavyweights were against him, yet he wan because he was the people's choice just as PO is.

He quickly forgot that he was politically no match for the Ubas and their likes just as PO/LP might be considered no match for Tinubu/APC & Atiku/PDP, yet he won because the people were with him.

As he has decided to go against the people's wish, let's see how the next election will be if he continues this way.

He might eventually leave APGA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: President Buhari In Strategic Close Door Meeting With Tinubu (Photos) / Tobby Onyekele Murdered In A Pool Of Blood By Hired Assassins s(pictured) / Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.