Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48319 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Franking: 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
This topic is for the gullible. Let's who's gullibility is highest.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Here again are your first words.

Lol....ive always told u are not a patient person ...it's like u are always excited to tell people they are wrong and u are right ....

Where in these words above did I say tithing is of Jesus Christ aka the Kingdom of God..?? My comment isn't even about tithe.......it's about blowing trumpet of the good she did which Jesus said we should not behave like the scribes and pharisees who do good to get the praise of men ......
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Lightorder: 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
Who forced her before to pay before.
Ignorance is a disease. Tithe is a mystery many dont understand, they just end up running their mouth as if they stop the church would collapse
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Ola4lead(m): 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin

Read Deuteronomy 14 from verse 22 to end.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
Roboto11:

Ok sir.

In today's world, it is a lesson for the shepple.

Many would be enlightened by her action.

More to come.

Like I said ..do it ur way.....
My comment is about doing it how Jesus said u should it ..
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Etuagievin(m): 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Not everyone must give tithes.
But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.
. Tithe is not compulsory
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Roboto11: 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Like I said ..do it ur way.....
My comment is about doing it how Jesus said u should it ..

And mine too.

Give to the Widows and foreigners in the land.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
Roboto11:

And mine too.

Give to the Widows and foreigners in the land.
. He also added ...don't do it to get the praise of men same thing he said about praying
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by SamOchuko: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never asked you for tithes and offerings so why do you have tithes to begin with? undecided

Who talked about Jesus? You said something’s about tithing and I asked you a question for clarification and you’re bringing up Jesus, was Jesus in the Old Testament or is there tithing in the New Testament? Answer my question or let me know if you don’t have an answer
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Roboto11: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
. He also added ...don't do it to get the praise of men same thing he said about praying

Just as modern Nigerian pastors do.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2022
Roboto11:

Just as modern Nigerian pastors do.

They are also wrong ...
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by dnawah(m): 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!
Jesus na him still husband to the same widows grin grin grin
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
dnawah:
Jesus na him still husband to the same widows grin grin grin

Ur point...??
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by BABANGBALI: 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
Very nice one. The thing go pain her pastor
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Bobbiee: 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
Good one. Don't give your hard earned money to crook and touts that will then charge outrageous fees for their Christian schools
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Cypress042: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

May God bless you grin
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
1. Lol....ive always told u are not a patient person ...it's like u are always excited to tell people they are wrong and u are right ....
2. Where in these words above did I say tithing is of Jesus Christ aka the Kingdom of God..?? My comment isn't even about tithe.......it's about blowing trumpet of the good she did which Jesus said we should not behave like the scribes and pharisees who do good to get the praise of men ......
1. I am afraid you are the one who didn't bother to read the story posted in the OP. All the woman did was tell of how she quit paying tithes and built a house for her widowed neighbor instead. The name of Jesus Christ is NOT mentioned anywhere in the OP and rightly so since Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with the activities of your churches and their tithing traditions. undecided

2. You dragged the name of Jesus Christ into this suggesting that her refusal to pay tithes and eventual use of the money to build a home instead had something to do with Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God, to begin with, which it doesn't at all. . undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Ogunleti01: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
armyofone:
She did well and the right thing to do!

Most Church do not help the poor, needy, widows etc

Pastor use the money for fine meals and nice lifestyle anyway.

Nigerians should learn from her. I hope you all here learn from her good deed.

Help widows financially instead of calling them witches.
God bless u for this submission. We make up what is called the church. What is the responsibility of the church in the New testament according to the book of ACT 1. promote spiritual growth ~ Act 2:42-47 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer 2. The care of the poor widows and the needy. At the time, the number of the disciples was greatly increasing. A complaint arose from the Grecian Jews against the Hebrews because the Grecian widows were being neglected in the daily ministry. 2 The twelve summoned the multitude of the disciples and said, 'It's not appropriate for us to forsake the word of God and serve tables. 3 Therefore brethren, select from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and of wisdom. 4 Then we can appoint those men over this business, and we apostles will continue to devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.' ” (Acts 6:1-4). The church has neglected these duties and the goal now is how to build multi billion dollar auditorium, university etc which poor people can barely afford

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

No be me tell talk so na..I even mentioned it my comment that Jesus said don't behave like the scibes and pharisee when u give....but to u that's judging..... Well-done..

When u want help people for ur area ..bring out ur phone snap am and post am all the time
Story go sleep abeg
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2022
SamOchuko:
Who talked about Jesus? You said something’s about tithing and I asked you a question for clarification and you’re bringing up Jesus, was Jesus in the Old Testament or is there tithing in the New Testament? Answer my question or let me know if you don’t have an answer
You should probably circle back through to read the post you responded to so you can maybe realize why I posted the response that I did. The mention of the word "Christian" in the context suggests a connection to Jesus Christ obviously. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omonnakoda: 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! That "scriptural" refers to that which is in fact written and can be comprehend as is written in what is scripture. "unscriptural" hence describes that which is not found in any logical context in scripture. undecided
Man made ? Or when you say WRITTEN

was it not men that wrote?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Lionnation: 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2022
Now you Avery sure you paid tight and be rest assured God recieved it, the ones you have been paying in church was never for God
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid you are the one who didn't bother to read the story posted in the OP. All the woman did was tell of how she quit paying tithes and built a house for her widowed neighbor instead. The name of Jesus Christ is mentioned anywhere in the OP and rightly so since Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with the activities of your churches and their tithing traditions. undecided

2. You dragged the name of Jesus Christ into this suggesting that her refusal to pay tithes and eventual use of the money to build a home instead had something to do with Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God, to begin with, which it doesn't at all. . undecided

Dragged the name of Jesus...she's a Christian to begin with from the fact that she uses to pay tithe...so it's not wrong for me to to bring Jesus's saying on giving to attract the praise of men..

U are the one having difficulty reading what I wrote and also jumping into conclusions of what I didn't say.. Like I said...U are proud.. condescending...and very annoying
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
erico2k2:

Story go sleep abeg

Give urself that advice abeg...
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid you are the one who didn't bother to read the story posted in the OP. All the woman did was tell of how she quit paying tithes and built a house for her widowed neighbor instead. The name of Jesus Christ is mentioned anywhere in the OP and rightly so since Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with the activities of your churches and their tithing traditions. undecided

Where in these words above did I say tithing is of Jesus Christ aka the Kingdom of God..?? U never answer
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
1. Dragged the name of Jesus...she's a Christian to begin with from the fact that she uses to pay tithe...so it's not wrong for me to to bring Jesus's saying on giving to attract the praise of men..

2. U are the one having difficulty reading what I wrote and also jumping into conclusions of what I didn't say.. Like I said...U are proud.. condescending...and very annoying
1. Jesus Christ said you cannot serve two masters in the Kingdom of God. She already serves under her pastors and mogs there makes her a badge wearer since the lies of your pastors and mogs have nothing to do with Jesus Christ, the truth of God. She didn't even mention that she was born-again, so could just have been one of them seat-warming badge-wearers for all we know. The fact is the name of Jesus Christ was not mentioned in her story by her. undecided

2. No difficulty here since you are instead the one who keeps confusing your churchian ways/rituals as somehow being linked with Jesus Christ when they ain't in any way or form. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by HomeTutorsPro: 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
omonnakoda:
The reality is that The designation of the "old Testament " was done by whom

Do you know?

The reality is that Jehovah is Jehovah a Jewish deity and Europeans modified that story to suit THEIR culture and lifestyle of eating porlk and monogamy

The ideas that somehow the deity of the "old Testament" is different from the New testament is brainwashing

Jehovah was a blood thirsty , genocidal Hebrew deity with no agenda for black Africans

There is nothing like NEW TESTAMENT

Ask your self a simple question ##

WHAT DATE WAS the NEW TESTAMENT called "NEW" and by whom?

Has anyone ever told you that Jesus or God labelled those 27 books as New Testament?

Do some research into where that designation came from

No one has seen God.
We are born into different stories and follow them as if we were present when they happened
If you want to enjoy life keep an open mind.
There is a God/god/gods, no doubt.
It's the power controlling the universe.
Science call it energy.
I am a Christian by identification.
I am a spiritualist by existence.
I hope you know the difference?
Dig deep and you'll discover that every God/god/gods is "bloodthirsty".
All religious leaders who are spiritually grounded know this.
That's why they condemn their followers to a life of prayer and fasting while they visit traditional spiritualists for powers through blood sacrifices.
It's just a method of control that's not different from politics.
The only little difference is that while politics weaponises poverty, religion weaponises ignorance.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by meeketta: 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
How can I give a whole 10% of my earnings to a church when it won't guarantee job security or anything
no body who pays his/her tithe faithfully without God keeping to His own part.
GOD IS FAITHFUL
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ said you cannot serve two masters in the Kingdom of God. She already serves under her pastors and mogs there makes her a badge wearer since the lies of your pastors and mogs have nothing to do with Jesus Christ, the truth of God. She didn't even mention that she was born-again, so could just have been one of them seat-warming badge-wearers for all we know. The fact is the name of Jesus Christ was not mentioned in her story by her. undecided

2. No difficulty here since you are instead the one who keeps confusing your churchian ways/rituals as somehow being linked with Jesus Christ when they ain't in any way or form. undecided

It's a waste of precious time talking to you.. u know why?? U are like bot....always saying the same thing but in a slightly different way
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Give urself that advice abeg...
Nah so una dey show unasef, wen carry talk nor work!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by daygee12: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:

Do u know what tithe is used for bro, please read Deut: 14 vs 22 - 29 and let's talk
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
meeketta:
no body who pays his/her tithe faithfully without God keeping to His own part.
GOD IS FAITHFUL
You lie! undecided

God's faithfulness means He keeps to the terms and conditions of His agreement with men. God's tithing and offering agreement was part of the National Constitution of the State of Israel which God gave only to those descended from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - the children of Isreal in the Land of Canaan. undecided

So, claiming that when you, a Nigerian living in Nigeria, are blessed by God according to the Constitution that belongs only to the people of Israel when you tithe, you condemn God as an unfaithful God aka a liar. And since we know God does not lie, it hence means you lie! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Benin Pastor Shares Money In Church (photo) / Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video) / Fire Accident At Cairo's Coptic Church. 41 Dead, 14 Injured (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.