Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:57 AM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48318 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Coronavirus1:

Harvest the Bible is talking about farmers livestock owners
More importantly, the Tithing and offering system found in the Law of Moses was set up by God as part of the tax system in the National Constitution of the State of Israel in the Land of Canaan for those who are of the blood of Jacob only - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided

It is utter foolishness for a Nigeria living in Nigeria to live according to the Constitution of a land that he does not belong to or live in. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Judge?? Do u know what judging means??
So if u commit adultery and I tell u say Jesus say adultery no good...I dey judge u..... Bros scatter abeg!!
yes nah, Judge is different from criticise, if you nor sabi talk abeg blow whistle or go play with sand!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
More importantly, the Tithing and offering system found in the Law of Moses was set up by God as part of the tax system in the National Constitution of the State of Israel in the Land of Canaan for those who are of the blood of Jacob only - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided
Them nor go gree preach this one.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Why in the world would I want to lead anyone when Jesus Christ never asked His followers to lead anyone to begin with? undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ's teachings found right their in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 , the blind refers specifically to those who follow the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) lies that are sold them using the name of God. So no, not everyone is blind. Instead, only those who fit the description given by Jesus Christ are. undecided

When u get the context of my comments u can mention me ...u are too blind by your rush to say everyone is wrong but u are the only one that is right
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Taigaban: 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
This is an excellent way of contributing to humanity. Unfortunately all Tithes and offerings goes straight to G O's pockets, while brainwashed congregants wallow in poverty. And more to this, leaders live in extravagance and have all they need now, while the less privileged members depend on a promised heavenly bliss
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Ogunleti01: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Ur ability to get context of a comment is ur challenge.....she can give her money to orphans or to throw it away if she wants... The context of my comment is the blowing of trumpet with what she does with it .....which Jesus said Christians shouldn't do when giving........but to u ...u think I am saying she must give tithe....abeg dey try read
But you can still make ur submissions without insult Sir we are learning
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lookingfly: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

What's ur point??
read again, my point was mentioned more than ones in my comment, except if Yu I uh be deliberately decided to blind yourself to the truth in my comment.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by AfonjaPriest: 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
ebukajay184:
Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build A House For Her Widowed Neighbour

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClEV9PdN2yn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Madam, in whatever you find you doing, God Almighty shall reward you exceedingly for your kind, thoughtful deed. Giving to church is a waste of effort. Everything goes to the owner of the church. Church is a big business enterprise and the owner is a big business person. I have never given tithe to any church and I have been prospering. No lout, calling himself a pastor, can convince or confuse me to give to the church. If you doubt me, check my signature for your free stupidity.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
When u get the context of my comments u can mention me ...u are too blind by your rush to say everyone is wrong but u are the only one that is right
Again, Jesus Christ is the one who defined blindness in this case. undecided

And He is the context that you claim but none of your claims matches the Truth as revealed by Him but instead it matches with the many lies vomited from the mouths of the false prophets and teachers Jesus Christ warned against. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
erico2k2:

yes nah, Judge is different from criticise, if you nor sabi talk abeg blow whistle or go play with sand!

No be me tell talk so na..I even mentioned it my comment that Jesus said don't behave like the scibes and pharisee when u give....but to u that's judging..... Well-done..

When u want help people for ur area ..bring out ur phone snap am and post am all the time
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Alphafeezay(m): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Lol.

Paying tithe shouldn't stop anyone from helping the needy, helping the needy shouldn't stop anyone from paying tithe.

As for me, I dey pay my tithe., and I am very very happy about it.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, Jesus Christ is the one who defined blindness in this case. undecided

And He is the context that you claim but none of your claims matches the Truth as revealed by Him but instead it matches with the many lies vomited from the mouths of the false prophets and teachers Jesus Christ warned against. undecided

What exactly is my claim??
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
erico2k2:

Them nor go gree preach this one.
The Truth of God is many of them don't even realize this to begin with as they are also blind to God's Truth which is clearly recorded in scripture. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
lookingfly:
read again, my point was mentioned more than ones in my comment, except if Yu I uh be deliberately decided to blind yourself to the truth in my comment.

I did not deliberately do anything ..I asked u for ur point cos I didn't want to get u wrongly... If u are too big to rephrase ..... U can mention someone else to continue your conversation
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
What exactly is my claim??
Please don't backtrack abeg! You claimed tithing is of Jesus Christ aka the Kingdom of Godundecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by armyofone(m): 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
She did well and the right thing to do!

Most Church do not help the poor, needy, widows etc

Pastor use the money for fine meals and nice lifestyle anyway.

Nigerians should learn from her. I hope you all here learn from her good deed.

Help widows financially instead of calling them witches.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
Ogunleti01:
But you can still make ur submissions without insult Sir we are learning

It's funny how u all can see context....
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Please don't backtrack abeg! You claimed tithing is of Jesus Christ aka the Kingdom of Godundecided

Please show that to me??
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by SamOchuko: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Not everyone must give tithes.
But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.

What does the Bible ask us to do with our tithe?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Roboto11: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

When I give snap pictures and post it social media...u have received ur reward...which is the praise of men....that's what Jesus said ...but u no read ur bible reach there

When you teach how it should be done you would receive blessings.

How else would the shepple know how it should be done?

Muntula.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by LogicnReason: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
By your explanation, when you give your pastor and his church your tithe then you are giving it to God but when you give it to the poor you are not giving it to God grin

Pastor = God
Poor not God

grin oya clap for your wisdom

thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
Please show that to me??
Here again are your first words.
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Angeloihe: 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
You are wrong. Paying of tithes or even first fruits means total
rejection the finished works of Jesus Christ on the cross. Even the Jews of today don't pay tithes because they don't have Levites. Already the govt in Israel has reduced their poverty rate to the barest minimum so the Jews don't need to keep aside anything for the Levites,orphans and poor in their midst.
thesicilian:

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by AfonjaPriest: 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
iiifedimma:
Good evening anywhere you see this types of comments don't mind this fraudsters he is a well known fraudster here on Nairaland creating a new account to keep scammings people here on Nairaland, it's a 419 that is behind the accounts using it for scamming business plssss totally ignore the fraudster

Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. Me and my siblings havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls no matter how small
Account:AngelaUbi

Nairaland have to do something about this guy's, if not he will continues scammings a lots of people here on nairaland, be aware
AngelaUbi, Ann, Anne or whatever name is attached to the person's GTB account, is a big crook like BAT. Nairalanders, be advised for the safety of your money.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by femicyrus(m): 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin
Go and read Deuteronomy 14:22-29
Then come back and read this your post again
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
Roboto11:

When you teach how it should be done you would receive blessings.

How else would the shepple know how it should be done?

Muntula.

Sigh!!
Do it ur way.... If I do good..I won't announce and snap pictures about it.....
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Angeloihe: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
God didn't say He will double her hustle. Stop saying what God never said. God only said in the time of trouble He will remember her.
Shalommy:
Chaii.. She did the right thing. God will double her hustle.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
SamOchuko:

What does the Bible ask us to do with our tithe?
Jesus Christ never asked you for tithes and offerings so why do you have tithes to begin with? undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Roboto11: 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Sigh!!
Do it ur way.... If I do good..I won't announce and snap pictures about it.....

Ok sir.

In today's world, it is a lesson for the shepple.

Many would be enlightened by her action.

More to come.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Tendd: 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
I have never paid tithes in my life and I think it's sickening for any right thinking human to pay a percentage of their income to any denomination.A tribe in the bible were asked to contribute to their parish and now pastors are making it mandatory on their followers.
The issue of indulgence broke the medieval christian church and became a significant trigger to protestant reformation yet many pastors are preaching it today.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Franking: 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
Better. Pastors should get a job.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Reference(m): 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
Noahsarko:
She has a heart of Gold, God bless her abundantly.

These are the kinds of act God rewards without looking back.

It pays to be kind at all times, people are going through a lot.

God bless. Each and everyone of us.

God does not bless disobedience to His Word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Your Best Nigerian Preacher Of The Gospel? / Benin Pastor Shares Money In Church (photo) / Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.