Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,422 members, 7,861,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48325 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by DaveHarry(m): 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
Madame pay ur tithes and offerings; they belong to ur God; why decide to use His share to do ur bidding. It's just so unfortunate people misunderstood the writings and explanation of the Bible.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
Roboto11:

This is what the new generation would do.

Let's see if you can manipulate them.

Manipulate??....this is one is high on kwale weed...who is manipulating??
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Theunbothered: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin

The Nigerian misinterpretation of ancient Biblical rules is a cancer of the mind.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
What is this one saying now?? U comments are becoming stale......
Everything everyone says is from pastors... Abeg clear off my mentions with your I know it all behavior all the time
It's simple! Most of you essentially sacrifice your God given ability to reason for yourselves in order to adopt and hence regurgitate the many unscriptural lies you have gorged on from the source which are your pastors and mogs... you are too gullible to be the source of the lies you spew. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Fcwilly: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
Using the tithe money for the widow is biblical but don't use the offering.

Widows and the less privileged are the real owner of tithe, together with the your full time pastor, ( non working)
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MufasaLion: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
oluala881:
A good gesture which is highly commendable but a bad idea. Give what belongs to God to God, and give what belongs to man to man. The problem we have is people imagination on how pastors spend money. But I must say all those thinking is at people's peril because the notion you have is you are giving to man and not God.

No wonder you are struggling in life.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!
see withc why not complete the sentence, Use it to do something else, why not say use it to build a house for the widow. Jesus said if you help the helpless you have helped me
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Theunbothered: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Not everyone must give tithes.
But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.

This one is either a determined mugu or potentially scammer using religion as a cover.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Roboto11: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Manipulate??....this is one is high on kwale weed...who is manipulating??

You've been happy pastors have become billionaires from tithe and quite unhappy that the commoner finds a roof over her head.

Your manipulation has expired.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Drbarmes(m): 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

And what is the 1/10 supposed to be used for?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omonnakoda: 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:
Tithing is an old testament practice.
Christianity does not include tithing.
Pastors imported tithing from the old testament and even use Mal. 3:8 to threaten their followers.
Whenever I read anything from Genesis to Malachi, I do so just to know what happened before redemption.
If I want to be follow the old Jewish religion, I'll pay tithes, give first fruits and burnt offerings.
A Christian is like Christ.
Argue with your big nyashed neighbour's daughter.
The reality is that The designation of the "old Testament " was done by whom

Do you know?

The reality is that Jehovah is Jehovah a Jewish deity and Europeans modified that story to suit THEIR culture and lifestyle of eating porlk and monogamy

The ideas that somehow the deity of the "old Testament" is different from the New testament is brainwashing

Jehovah was a blood thirsty , genocidal Hebrew deity with no agenda for black Africans

There is nothing like NEW TESTAMENT

Ask your self a simple question ##

WHAT DATE WAS the NEW TESTAMENT called "NEW" and by whom?

Has anyone ever told you that Jesus or God labelled those 27 books as New Testament?

Do some research into where that designation came from

No one has seen God.
We are born into different stories and follow them as if we were present when they happened
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by blowjohn(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
She no see another money to use build the house?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaveHarry:
Madame pay ur tithes and offerings; they belong to ur God; why decide to use His share to do ur bidding. It's just so unfortunate people misunderstood the writings and explanation of the Bible.
Stop lying! undecided

Jesus Christ never asked anyone of His followers for tithes and offerings. Your pastors and mogs are however the ones who do that.... the theives you come to steal from you, kill the fat of you and destroy God's flock that Jesus Christ warned you to steer clear of. But apparently no one of you listens to Jesus Christ because you serve these men as gods and masters instead. undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by tabaralph: 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:

And who spends the so called 10% tithe?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
Fcwilly:
Using the tithe money for the widow is biblical but don't use the offering.

Widows and the less privileged are the real owner of tithe, together with the your full time pastor, ( non-working)
The real owners of tithe are the Levite whom are one of the tribes of Israelite are there till date, have you heard of any church doing bank transfer to them?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omonnakoda: 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It's simple! Most of you essentially sacrifice your God given ability to reason for yourselves in order to adopt and hence regurgitate the many unscriptural lies you have gorged on from the source which are your pastors and mogs... you are too gullible to be the source of the lies you spew. undecided
Scriptural and unscriptural are ALL man made
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lookingfly: 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!
you know what my pastor did sometime back in respect to this tithe thing, he asked all those paying tithe to stand up. So we that weren't paying were seated so the payers would be looking down on. Is that not hypocrisy and guilty tripping/ blackmail? I know my bible so i just moved. Unless you don't read your bible, that's when they would want to blackmail you.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Look whoever u are....u are becoming very annoying and highly condescending .....u don't have to agree with my comment that Jesus said don't blow the trumpet when u do good ..but insulting me is a different ..are u normal at all ..?? I said u should clear off my mention if u can't be civil and unpatronizing
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lordmeks: 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
This is exactly what the Bible teaches about tithes. First give to people in need, don’t foolishly enrich already rich pastors
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
lookingfly:
you know what my pastor did sometime back in respect to this tithe thing, he asked all those paying tithe to stand up. So we that weren't paying were seated so the payers would be looking down on. Is that not hypocrisy and guilty tripping/ blackmail? I know my bible so i just moved. Unless you don't read your bible, that's when they would want to blackmail you.

What's ur point??
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2022
omonnakoda:
Scriptural and unscriptural are ALL man made
Wrong! That "scriptural" refers to that which is in fact written and can be comprehend as is written in what is scripture. "unscriptural" hence describes that which is not found in any logical context in scripture. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Theunbothered: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2022
kals4luv990:
she has disobeyed..the bible clearly states we should bring our one-tenth into his house
Anything outside that ain't tithe ni

Tithe is used to assist the poor, READ YOUR BIBLE
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by philipobiz: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
Hope you are not a Pastor, else you have been exposed.
Pls don't divert from the main issue here
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by LogicnReason: 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
You are brainwashed my guy. What do you really know about God? How did your pastor interpret the store house of God? Shebi na Church offering box ba?

No, your pastor deceived you. The store house of God is the poor and needy in your community. By giving to the church that 10% is supposed to be distributed by your pastor to the poor (and I am sure he doesn't even do that), but you can also cut the middle man who is your pastor and do it direct. Your 10% tithe is not for your pastor to feed himself because he has no other job. You can give something to your pastor if you like but the 10% is for the poor. That's how God feeds the poor, with your 10%.

So stop thinking you are wiser or holier than the girl in this post
DaInferno:

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
Roboto11:

You've been happy pastors have become billionaires from tithe and quite unhappy that the commoner finds a roof over her head.

Your manipulation has expired.

U really don't know how to read or understand context....where in my comment did u read I am happy pastors become billionaires..??
My comment isn't about her tithes or what she did with it ......it's about showing off what she did with it....but I guess u can't read
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Adakintroy: 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

He de encourage others to do likewise.

If Jesus no show off how we for take know or hear am.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by CheapHomes1: 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Not everyone must give tithes.
But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Theunbothered: 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaveHarry:

Tithes are used to help the poor actually read your Bible instead of forming wise
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
erico2k2:

see withc why not complete the sentence, Use it to do something else, why not say use it to build a house for the widow. Jesus said if you help the helpless you have helped me

She can even give it to orphans or throw it away..I really don't care .......it's the announcement and blowing of trumpet that I am talking about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Fire Accident At Cairo's Coptic Church. 41 Dead, 14 Injured (photos) / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong / Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.