Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,347 members, 7,860,894 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48311 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by desiredhome: 10:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Okealaaye:
Just the best way to be a good Christian! Jesus Christ never paid tithe - He paid only TAX. Pastors don't pay tax. They don't pay tax which Jesus Christ paid, but they collect the tithe which Jesus Christ didn't pay! To think that these people claim to be Christlike! Sometimes, they take from your tithe in your very before and give it to someone to buy groundnuts for them. Pastors no go make heaven, I tell you!
The Nigerian church goers are most gullible/lazy people on earth.......

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
desiredhome:

The Nigerian church goers are most gullible/lazy people......

You've said it all!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by desiredhome: 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. [/b]It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Not everyone must give tithes.
But if you claim to be a [b] Christian
the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.
God is not wicked like man, especially Nigerian's wicked/ignorant church goers......
if the churches they pay their tithe to were doing the right thing, there won't be this high level of poverty in the society......shrkina
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Peppysco: 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!

Forget that story, humanity will still remember her for good. If her pastor had taken her tithe and offering along with other people's own to buy a private jet and still flaunt it beyond the reach of her and other members, would you have compared the pastor to the Phalrisees for showing off his newest acquisition?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
Peppysco:
Forget that story, humanity will still remember her for good. If her pastor had taken her tithe and offering along with other people's own to buy a private jet and still flaunt it beyond the reach of her and other members, would you have compared the pastor to the Phalrisees for showing off his newest acquisition?
They would have instead said God blessed the pastor and he had to announce it for glory to go to God.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by rickleye: 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
Hmm , I get the why but obedience is better than sacrifice. Find where to sow your tithe . You could have used your remaining 90 so whatever you wanted . Anyways God knows her heart.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Alkapalexis: 11:15pm On Nov 18, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This rubbish needs to stop, very soon more people will stop paying tithes and my dream of buying a house in banana island, buying expensive bulletproof cars, Private jets, and flying abroad for evangelism would be dashed to pieces. I repeat this nonsense has to stop.

The Bible stated clearly that you should bring your tithes to the house of God and not a widows house. angry

Why can't people just obey the Bible?

I wouldn't say what I've seen concerning her until after 3 market days.

This I have seen.
this is how tithe works

if i have a church of 100members and each pays 1k as tithe, after gathering all the pastor now have 100k as his salary then as the saying goes everyone is equal b4 d law, making d pastor to pay his tithe of 10k out of the 100k, the church of God nw has 10k for that month as the church upkeep

mehnnn pastors are 4kin rich
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by 2016v2017: 11:15pm On Nov 18, 2022
icecool12:
Give tithe to those who actually need it. Not enrich criminals.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by 2016v2017: 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
longetivity:
@FalseProphet1 will not like this news
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Joe4real1988(m): 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
Nonexisting1:
She has very good heart or should I say breast?
A very good heart my brother. I was really moved.shocked
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Nov 18, 2022
rickleye:
Hmm , I get the why but obedience is better than sacrifice. Find where to sow your tithe . You could have used your remaining 90 so whatever you wanted . Anyways God knows her heart.
Obedience of what exactly though? undecided

Sow your tithe? Tithe which is a tax was not meant to be sowed, not according to God's Law of Moses. So this idea that you sow your tithe is a lie that your pastors and mogs use to deceive your lot with. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
Peppysco:

Yes
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by nighthawk1: 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
ebukajay184:
Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build A House For Her Widowed Neighbour

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClEV9PdN2yn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

GOD BLESS YOU A MILLION TIMES FOR THIS. This is real and practical Christianity
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Davidave(m): 11:43pm On Nov 18, 2022
Humanity matters most. U did well!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by AreaFada2: 12:08am On Nov 19, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin

10% of what?
Farm produce. Harvest of plant or livestock.

It was never mentioned that physicians and carpenters back then were asked to donate 10% of income. Eminent theologians I have had never taught me otherwise.

We cannot twist it now when it suits pastors' pockets to say "oh, we are not farmers these days, we cannot donate harvest". About 60-70% plus of Nigerians still live in rural areas as farmers.

I have said this for years here.

The popular US televangelist, Creflo Dollar, realised the errors of his ways on tithing and has apologised.

There were already physicians, officials working for Roman colonial authority, tent makers/defence contractors like Saul (Saint Paul), tax collectors, and so on during Jesus' time.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by oluwaseyi0: 12:12am On Nov 19, 2022
advanceDNA:

Devil's advocate here...how do u know they paid tithe constantly for 6 years grin

Time to exonorate your incompetent God and shift the blame on the real victim

Incase you want to hear, he's the most extremely dumb tither I've ever seen, even up till now that he do very odd job and beg to feed he still try to pay tithe from the crumbs he gets, probably in the hope that God will restore him back,
Well hopefully there is nothing God can't do, he can raise back is dead wife, can't he angry grin
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by sageb: 12:36am On Nov 19, 2022
ebukajay184:
Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build A House For Her Widowed Neighbour

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClEV9PdN2yn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

What a kind woman
May God bless her
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by rickleye: 12:37am On Nov 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Obedience of what exactly though? undecided

Sow your tithe? Tithe which is a tax was not meant to be sowed, not according to God's Law of Moses. So this idea that you sow your tithe is a lie that your pastors and mogs use to deceive your lot with. undecided

Lol � You again !
How have you been ?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by chukwuma234: 12:41am On Nov 19, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Which baba say? Abeg no dey twist bible. Are you a pharisee why is the church collecting tithe
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by sageb: 12:54am On Nov 19, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:

If you want to enjoy life keep an open mind.
There is a God/god/gods, no doubt.
It's the power controlling the universe.
Science call it energy.
I am a Christian by identification.
I am a spiritualist by existence.
I hope you know the difference?
Dig deep and you'll discover that every God/god/gods is "bloodthirsty".
All religious leaders who are spiritually grounded know this.
That's why they condemn their followers to a life of prayer and fasting while they visit traditional spiritualists for powers through blood sacrifices.
It's just a method of control that's not different from politics.
The only little difference is that while politics weaponises poverty, religion weaponises ignorance.

Deep words.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 12:55am On Nov 19, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Time to exonorate your incompetent God and shift the blame on the real victim

Incase you want to hear, he's the most extremely dumb tither I've ever seen, even up till now that he do very odd job and beg to feed he still try to pay tithe from the crumbs he gets, probably in the hope that God will restore him back,
Well hopefully there is nothing God can't do, he can raise back is dead wife, can't he angry grin

Sigh.....i guess u missed the devil's advocate part.....anyway..that aside.....

something unfortunate has happened to a human being, u seem happy or even gloating ?? Why is that??
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by TheGift: 1:36am On Nov 19, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.

Show me one single scripture that makes it compulsory for believers in Christ to pay tithes.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 2:04am On Nov 19, 2022
rickleye:
Lol � You again !
How have you been ?
I am cool! undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by ofemigeorge(m): 2:11am On Nov 19, 2022
Opinedecandid:
Proper and accurate.

Jesus told the people that they didn't take care of him when he was in need. They retorted that Jesus had never been in need (like today's Pastor) but Jesus in His wisdom told them as long as they did not do it to their neighbors who are needy around them, thy have not done it for him.

Two commands only are propagated by Jesus:
Love God
&
Love your neighbor.

Period.

If you see a hungry sibling, friend or neighbour and you pass with your tithe simply because you want to go tender it in church, you are a hypocrite and of all men most miserable.
YOU KNOW NOT GOD!

Matthew 25:41-46
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me,(L) you who are cursed, into the eternal fire(M) prepared for the devil and his angels.(N) 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’(O)

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life
You understand the SECRET. I applaud you.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by RealTalkNoBull: 2:50am On Nov 19, 2022
This thread just lets you know most Nigerian christians are mentally unbalanced.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by RealTalkNoBull: 2:51am On Nov 19, 2022
desiredhome:

The Nigerian church goers are most gullible/lazy people on earth.......
Theyre insane!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Faposky95: 4:22am On Nov 19, 2022
thesicilian:

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.

Not absolutely true......
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Faposky95: 4:25am On Nov 19, 2022
She acted ...right..?!
If we all did......
Why can't such be our modern day sin....and see wat our lands will turn into...?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 4:59am On Nov 19, 2022
Faposky95:
She acted ...right..?!
If we all did......
Why can't such be our modern day sin....and see wat our lands will turn into...?
Your paying of tithes and offerings using God's name is pretty much sin against God. undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by bezimo(m): 5:26am On Nov 19, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!

No mind am
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 5:31am On Nov 19, 2022
bezimo:
No mind am
Did she say she stopped paying tithes or built the house for the widow because of Jesus Christ? undecided

Why do you judge her by the words of Jesus Christ when your pastors and mogs and their tithe and offering traditions whom you refuse to judge are against the same Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by bbyby01: 5:42am On Nov 19, 2022
DaInferno:

Where is it in the bible please

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Noisemakers Don't Last Only Newsmakers Do" / Your Best Nigerian Preacher Of The Gospel? / Benin Pastor Shares Money In Church (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.