Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,032 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48316 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by mrvitalis(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin
Oga go and read your Bible .. God said bring your tithe to the house of God and eat it ...use it to buy alcohol or anything you want ...when eating remember the poor and pastors

There is only one place in the Bible where it is explained how to pay tithe and that's Deuteronomy 14 ...go and read educate yourself
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by godofuck231: 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
Pastor go excommicate her be that , his own job entitlement and egunje
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
Look whoever u are....u are becoming very annoying and highly condescending .....u don't have to agree with my comment that Jesus said don't blow the trumpet when u do good ..but insulting me is a different ..are u normal at all ..?? I said u should clear off my mention if u can't be civil and unpatronizing
When Jesus Christ said the blind will fall into the same ditch their blind leaders will fall into, did you also take offense with that since I am simply here repeating what - Matthew 15 vs 14 - He said which is that the gullible will always repeat what their blind leaders feed them. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Dada4me: 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
If she narrated how she took what she would have given as bribe to church, people will tell her to give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar.

Now that she obstinately, with the excuse that pastors are not doing well, disobeyed God, people are hailing her. She just gave what belongs to God to Caesar.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
Adakintroy:

He de encourage others to do likewise.

If Jesus no show off how we for take know or hear am.

Show off?? How did Jesus show off.....?? Will he heal people in his room...when did Jesus give money and told the to the world ?? He specifically said don't blow trumpet of ur good deeds

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
philipobiz:

Hope you are not a Pastor, else you have been exposed.
Pls don't divert from the main issue here

Nigga......I'm always a devil's advocate here....
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by fkj950ax(m): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
ebukajay184:
Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build A House For Her Widowed Neighbour

I don’t know what the obsession over tithe is with the world.
Good for her to do a kind deed towards her neighbor, but that’s not tithe she used in building the house.
A tithe is 1/10 of your income you give in church to God.
You save to build a house for someone in need is BENEVOLENCE.
If she decides she doesn’t want to pay tithe again as a Christian, it is absolutely fine. There is no compulsion. God is not going to auto deduct from her paycheck.
But tithe is different from benevolence.
Benevolence is different from seed offering.
Whatever your belief is or the level of your faith is, please do.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by mandikwilliams: 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
Let me see this woman they are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by DonNikoson(m): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

You are wrong because this is where most of you don't understand the tithe issue properly. First of all tithes was never mentioned as money in the bible but 1/10 of your yield like haven't and so on even though we can now translate to salaries in some instances these days. But the major aspect was to bring it to house of God so that there will be food in the house of God for people like the widows, orphans and the poor to be able to come to his house regularly to feed. How many pastors does that these days and remember Jesus specifically instructed the we should take care of the widows and orphans but how come our pastors never emphasis on that aside bringing your money as tithes not even your harvest from your farms. What happened to the part of the bible that says it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eyes of a niddle than a rich man whereas all pastors now are super rich on tithes and offerings while many widows and orphans are still hungry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by philipobiz: 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:

So who eats the 10%. God or the Pastor who lives large.
Stop deceiving yourself.
There is a trend.
Pastor collects tithe. Use part of it to build a school. Collects school fees from parents who are members of the church. Note that the school fees is not subsidised.
Does it make sense?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Ogunleti01: 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!
and which one is the greatest good between tendering for the poor or enriching the church? “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Dada4me:
If she narrated how she took what she would have given as bribe to church, people will tell her to give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar.

Now that she obstinately, with the excuse that pastors are not doing well, disobeyed God, people are hailing her. She just gave what belongs to God to Caesar.
You are not making any sense at all. undecided

▪︎ Give to Caesar what is Caesars means you should pay your taxes to the government of the Land no matter what. And the way Jesus Christ put it first leads me to believe you should first make sure you pay off your taxes before you then use what is left over for all else that God has for you to do. As a matter of fact, I believe it is imperative you ensure you pay your taxes or at least make sure you settle the issue before you are taken to court as Jesus Christ instructed, else you will even serve prison time and still not be let go until you pay every dime you own. That is from another one of Jesus Christ's teachings found also in the Gospels. undecided

▪︎ in Matthew 17 vs 34 - 37 , Jesus Christ made it clear that the children of the King do not pay taxes/tithes in the name of God. Meaning those of you who pay tithes and give offerings using God's name damn yourselves by your actions to a status lower than that of children of the King(Sons of God). undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kinddetective: 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kudos to her, we need more people to do this instead of giving their tithes to people that have more than enough.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 8:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

She can even give it to orphans or throw it away..I really don't care .......it's the announcement and blowing of trumpet that I am talking about
nah her announcement, the BIBLE SAY JUDGE NOT SO YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGED NOR BE SOOO
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Roboto11: 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

U really don't know how to read or understand context....where in my comment did u read I am happy pastors become billionaires..??
My comment isn't about her tithes or what she did with it ......it's about showing off what she did with it....but I guess u can't read

Stop the deceit.

Many tithe givers are shown on TV by the pastors themselves.

When pastors build a ramshackle for some citizens, they publicise it.
I don't see you calling them out.

Continue with your deceit.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
Roboto11:
Stop the deceit.

Many tithe givers are shown on TV by the pastors themselves. When pastors build a ramshackle for some citizens, they publicise it.

No mind the hypocrites. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
When Jesus Christ said the blind will fall into the same ditch their blind leaders will fall into, did you also take offense with that since I am simply here repeating what - Matthew 15 vs 14 - He said which is that the gullible will always repeat what their blind leaders feed them. undecided

U can't lead anyone ...becos u don't even know how to correct people.....u insult people all the time here and behave like u know it all .... U can deny it but I am not the only one that says this to you

....but I guess to you....everyone is just blind and falling into the ditch....
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by investigator007: 8:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
I don't know sha, but I think this was a very lovely thing to do. Talking about lovely, have you experienced the lovely sound output of the Oraimo boom speaker? It's a beauty to behold.

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by eagleae7(m): 8:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Not everyone must give tithes.
But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.
True,
If you must give tithe, it should be in the house of God and giving with a willing mind.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
Roboto11:

Stop the deceit.

Is like u are not normal....why am I eating time explaining to u...
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Roboto11: 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
Dada4me:

She followed the bible diligently.

Why are you annoyed?

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MufasaLion: 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
Roboto11:

Stop the deceit.

Stop arguing with that little kid. His pea-brain is too small to make him reason beyond.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2022
erico2k2:

nah her announcement, the BIBLE SAY JUDGE NOT SO YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGED NOR BE SOOO

Judge?? Do u know what judging means??
So if u commit adultery and I tell u say Jesus say adultery no good...I dey judge u..... Bros scatter abeg!!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Angelfrost(m): 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2022
Methinks she is being mischievous here...

Why mentioning or alluding to stopping tithe and offering payment??!

People have stopped paying tithe without announcing it.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MufasaLion: 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2022
eagleae7:

True,
If you must give tithe, it should be in the house of God and giving with a willing mind.

Did your Mr. Jesus tell you that?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
1. U can't lead anyone ...becos u don't even know how to correct people.....u insult people all the time here and behave like u know it all .... U can deny it but I am not the only one that says this to you

2. ...but I guess to you....everyone is just blind and falling into the ditch....
1. Why in the world would I want to lead anyone when Jesus Christ never asked His followers to lead anyone to begin with? undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ's teachings found right their in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 , the blind refers specifically to those who follow the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) lies that are sold them using the name of God. So no, not everyone is blind. Instead, only those who fit the description given by Jesus Christ are. undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Coronavirus1: 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:

Harvest the Bible is talking about farmers livestock owners
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MufasaLion: 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
Angelfrost:
Methinks she is being mischievous here...

Why mentioning or alluding to stopping tithe and offering payment??!

People have stopped paying tithe without announcing it.

Mischievous? No!

She's bold enough to say what y'all can't say!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Roboto11: 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Is like u are not normal....why am I eating time explaining to u...

You are surprised not everyone is as gullible as your household.

This would be the new trend.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2022
Ogunleti01:
and which one is the greatest good between tendering for the poor or enriching the church? “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Ur ability to get context of a comment is ur challenge.....she can give her money to orphans or to throw it away if she wants... The context of my comment is the blowing of trumpet with what she does with it .....which Jesus said Christians shouldn't do when giving........but to u ...u think I am saying she must give tithe....abeg dey try read
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Ogunleti01: 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This rubbish needs to stop, very soon more people will stop paying tithes and my dream of buying a house in banana island, buying expensive bulletproof cars, Private jets, and flying abroad for evangelism would be dashed to pieces. I repeat this nonsense has to stop.

The Bible stated clearly that you should bring your tithes to the house of God and not a widows house. angry

Why can't people just obey the Bible?

I wouldn't say what I've seen concerning her until after 3 market days.

This I have seen.
Ye are the temple of God. Acts 7:48 However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Roboto11:

You are surprised not everyone is as gullible as your household.

This would be the new trend.

When I give snap pictures and post it social media...u have received ur reward...which is the praise of men....that's what Jesus said ...but u no read ur bible reach there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Noisemakers Don't Last Only Newsmakers Do" / Your Best Nigerian Preacher Of The Gospel? / Benin Pastor Shares Money In Church (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.