Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,374 members, 7,861,030 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:26 PM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48315 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
erico2k2:

Nah so una dey show unasef, wen carry talk nor work!

Read u no fit read ...
I explain give u ..u still not gree...
Wetin else u want make i do...
Ur wahala too much...
Problem with dialoging with u..sigh!!!..
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
It's a waste of precious time talking to you.. u know why?? U are like bot....always saying the same thing but in a slightly different way
Look, when you drag the name of Jesus Christ into that which has nothing to do with Him, you associate Him with that which is claimed and that is against God. If you cannot understand and accept that, then I am afraid I can't help you either. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Etuagievin(m): 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
Reference:

God does not bless disobedience to His Word.
. How did she disobey please. God will instead be happy with her. She only spotted a needy person who is like a levithe and helped. Please read Deut 14: 23-29
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by phemmyfour: 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
ALARAPE22:
Make I see if this one will enter front page......Pastors in the house, is it good or she has disobeyed God's order.....
The tithe is for the needy in the church. She did well

2. Charity begins at home, she should look inward and help the needy in her locality
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by SPAMBOX7: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This rubbish needs to stop, very soon more people will stop paying tithes and my dream of buying a house in banana island, buying expensive bulletproof cars, Private jets, and flying abroad for evangelism would be dashed to pieces. I repeat this nonsense has to stop.

The Bible stated clearly that you should bring your tithes to the house of God and not a widows house. angry

Why can't people just obey the Bible?

I wouldn't say what I've seen concerning her until after 3 market days.

This I have seen.
Stupid boy grin
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
Etuagievin:
. How did she disobey please. God will instead be happy with her. She only spotted a needy person who is like a levithe and helped. Please read Deut 14: 23-29
She technically didn't obey God either. undecided

please also see Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 for why this tithing and offering ritual in your churches has nothing to do with that commanded by God to begin with. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Look, when you drag the name of Jesus Christ into that which has nothing to do with Him, you associate Him with that which is claimed and that is against God. If you cannot understand and accept that, then I am afraid I can't help you either. undecided

.who the heck are u to tell me how I can or cannot address a topic ..did I ask for ur help?? .....are u Jesus' advocate To tell when I should use his teaching on a topic....

Someone gave gift in a way that attracts the praise of men and I said Jesus didn't recommend we do it a different way... And I've been screaming about dragging Jesus.... Man or woman .clear off....
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Melagros(m): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!
There is nothing wrong with that, her gesture will motivate others like me to do same
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
Melagros:

There is nothing wrong with that, her gesture will motivate others like me to do same

Has it motivated u to also give and bring the cameras into it??
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
1. who the heck are u to tell me how I can or cannot address a topic ..did I ask for ur help?? .....are u Jesus' advocate To tell when I should use his teaching on a topic....

2. Someone gave gift in a way that attracts the praise of men and I said Jesus didn't recommend we do it a different way... And I've been screaming about dragging Jesus.... Man or woman .clear off....
1. Well duh! undecided

2. Wrong! She gave a gift and the idea was publicized. Your churches do the same regularly, so she a churchian who attends churches also did as her churches did. Simple as that. Nowhere in her claim did she state that this act suddenly elevated her beyond churchianism into being a follower of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Pinkyposh(f): 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!

Hmmm...this Heavenly race go hard pop
God help us
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2022
Pinkyposh:

God help us
Churchianism already puts you at a disadvantage where Heaven is concerned. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omonnakoda: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:

If you want to enjoy life keep an open mind.
There is a God/god/gods, no doubt.
It's the power controlling the universe.
Science call it energy.
I am a Christian by identification.
I am a spiritualist by existence.
I hope you know the difference?
Dig deep and you'll discover that every God/god/gods is "bloodthirsty".
All religious leaders who are spiritually grounded know this.
That's why they condemn their followers to a life of prayer and fasting while they visit traditional spiritualists for powers through blood sacrifices.
It's just a method of control that's not different from politics.
The only little difference is that while politics weaponises poverty, religion weaponises ignorance.

I did not say anything about whether there is a god or not.
Not a single word.

The point is that man has made up stories about gods since eternity.
There are stories from everywhere and the Hebrew story is one of hundreds of stories most of it fictional or too fantastic to be taken literally.
Are we supposed to believe that God parted the Red Sea for Hebrews to walk on dry land whilst ignoring totally the Ijaw and Urhobo people until Europeans brought the "GOOD NEWS" ?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Well duh! undecided

2. Wrong! She gave a gift and the idea was publicized. Your churches do the same regularly, so she a churchian who attends churches also did as her churches did. Simple as that. undecided

U are clearly not a normal human being...how did "your churches" come into this dialogue.....?? Jeez...!!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MasterKernel: 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Keep quiet. Good thinks should be preached in the public. Read your Bible, Paul talked about how he wrote more Episodes, what do you make of that?

When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled( Deuteronomy 26:12).
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
U are clearly not a normal human being...how did "your churches" come into this dialogue.....?? Jeez...!!
Do you attend church? undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by edoairways: 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
ALARAPE22:
Make I see if this one will enter front page......Pastors in the house, is it good or she has disobeyed God's order.....
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you”. Her intention is to mock people who tithe
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Do you attend church? undecided

I don't....I answered ur question now u can go back and answer my question u dodged earlier
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
MasterKernel:

Keep quiet. Good thinks should be preached in the public. Read your Bible, Paul talked about how he wrote more Episodes, what do you make of that?

When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled( Deuteronomy 26:12).

U cannot read....my comment isn't about tithes...it's about publicizing the good u do.
If u don't agree ..Waka pass ..no be fight
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
edoairways:
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you”. Her intention is to mock people who tithe
But she never mentioned the name of Jesus Christ in this mockery as claimed by you, so why do you feel the need to judge her by His words suddenly? undecided

I mean do you also judge your many pastors and mogs by the Words of the same Jesus Christ or is it only those who step out to disobey them that you raise Jesus Christ as a standard against? undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Read u no fit read ...
I explain give u ..u still not gree...
Wetin else u want make i do...
Ur wahala too much...
Problem with dialoging with u..sigh!!!..
Read wetin, all those craaaap wey you dey type since da kingdom come wey nor make one cell of sense? at least nor be only me dey see the foolishness!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Pinkyposh:

God help us

U get me right??
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
erico2k2:

Read wetin, all those craaaap wey you dey type since da kingdom come wey nor make one cell of sense? at least nor be only me dey see the foolishness!

I see why e not make sense ..pele
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
I don't....I answered ur question now u can go back and answer my question u dodged earlier
So you don't attend nor do you listen to the doctrines and traditions of men aka pastors and mogs(and their churches), OK then. I like to refer to all of the above as your churches aka Churchianism since they are against the Truth of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Truvelisback(m): 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
That something is Good doesn't mean it is Right.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Desusi: 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
icecool12:
Give tithe to those who actually need it. Not enrich criminals.
Who are criminals in the contents of your message now.? So pastors are criminals? Be careful to avoid God's vexation. The facts that certain few are misbehaving should not make you called them criminals. When Moses called God's people 'Ye rebels, must we bring water from the rock!'Little did he know that he has committed a perjure.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

I see why e not make sense ..pele
Goodboy now go to bed! B4 we change am 4 you
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by mechanics(m): 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
She should rethink what she has done and obey the scriptures, tithes and offerings is meant to be given to the church and compulsory for all believers, whatever purpose the pastor use the tithes for God will judge him or her.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
Desusi:

Who are criminals in the contents of your message now.? So pastors are criminals? Be careful to avoid God's vexation. The facts that certain few are misbehaving should not make you called them criminals. When Moses called God's people 'Ye rebels, must we bring water from the rock!'Little did he know that he has committed a perjure.
No vex oh, the certain few wey dey misbehave what is their tittle again??
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
erico2k2:

Goodboy now go to bed! B4 we change am 4 you

Werey....
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
mechanics:
She should rethink what she has done and obey the scriptures, tithes and offerings is meant to be given to the church and compulsory for all believers, whatever purpose the pastor use the tithes for God will judge him or her.
where did it say the church? it clearly states the Levites. what bible do you read??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Noisemakers Don't Last Only Newsmakers Do" / Your Best Nigerian Preacher Of The Gospel? / Benin Pastor Shares Money In Church (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.