Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? (33234 Views)

Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million / Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA / Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:00am On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

At this point you're not making sense, can you define origin? For most it means beginning, start or root. So if I started making money from real estate but grew it into several other investments including cashing out my 401k then all that matters is the initial real estate earnings? English no be everybody's first language so I can understand your confusion!
You're the one who is confused
The question asked him was the origin of his wealth not how he grew his wealth.
From your arguments, it's obvious you are not privy to the interview or you're just making up things in your mind.
The question the interviewer asked him was exactly the origin of his wealth.
He first gave an example of Warren Buffet before declaring that he had an inheritance which he turned around for good.
So, kindly explain how growing wealth comes into the picture.
So much for Nigerian youths and poor education.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 8:00am On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

What exactly are you saying?
Bola said he's a true and proper Tinubu. You're here saying he's adopted.
But I'm the one who said Tinubu is lying?
I think it's you who is implying that Tinubu lied Bros.
If Mogaji was not married to the Tinubu's, does that again, not imply that Bola Tinubu is not using his real name? Since if you're adopted, you're expected to take the surname of those who adopted you except if they agree otherwise.

Adopted people taking the surname of the person that adopted them is false, back then(1950s, 1960s) children could be adopted several ways and one way was back channel adoption with no records. It is possible that Bola's dad is actually a Tinubu but so far there's no evidence of such, there is also no evidence that Mogaji gave birth to him so put 2 and 2 together.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by assholemods: 8:04am On Dec 12, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

Ozuoo
Efulefu
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 8:05am On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

You're the one who is confused
The question asked him was the origin of his wealth not how he grew his wealth.
From your arguments, it's obvious you are not privy to the interview or you're just making up things in your mind.
The question the interviewer asked him was exactly the origin of his wealth.
He first gave an example of Warren Buffet before declaring that he had an inheritance which he turned around for good.
So, kindly explain how growing wealth comes into the picture.
So much for Nigerian youths and poor education.

Was the word origin used? The 8 minutes interview is on Youtube and he was asked how he became wealthy so it is natural for him to start from the beginning. Starting from the beginning does not mean you give a full detailed analysis of how every Naira was made, come on get real!
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:13am On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

Adopted people taking the surname of the person that adopted them is false, back then(1950s, 1960s) children could be adopted several ways and one way was back channel adoption with no records. It is possible that Bola's dad is actually a Tinubu but so far there's no evidence of such, there is also no evidence that Mogaji gave birth to him so put 2 and 2 together.
Back channel adoption, whatever that means, is illegal and not adoption. Adoption is a simple process of making someone you're not biologically related to, a member of your family with full rights and recognition. It has no back channel neither is anything shameful or untoward about it. It has existed since time itself.

Moses was adopted by Pharaoh's daughter.
So I don't see what's the big deal about Tinubu being an adopted son that he'll have to lie about it as you claimed.

You have changed course to conjectures now while you seemed so sure of yourself before. Note you're now making a guess that Bola is actually of the Tinubu family in Lagos but was adopted by Abibatu Mogaji. The circumstances of your hypothesis is unclear and very shaky. Apart from the fact that you are making this wild guess based on the fact that you believe Abibatu Mogaji did not sire Bola and was never married to a Tinubu, while you're mindless of the possibility of him being born out of wedlock as a lovechild, or being born by a relation of Abibatu to the Tinubu's. Also note that if your hypothesis is true, then Bola is not a Tinubu but, a Mogaji since he has been adopted by Abibatu. Anyway, I prefer to go with what he said that he's a proper Tinubu which implies he was fathered by a Tinubu. Which begs the circumstances of him being poor as Tinubus are a prominent Lagos family and not poor as far as we know.

All these your conjectures are not worth the data you're using to transmit if you don't have the facts.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:22am On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

Was the word origin used? The 8 minutes interview is on Youtube and he was asked how he became wealthy so it is natural for him to start from the beginning. Starting from the beginning does not mean you give a full detailed analysis of how every Naira was made, come on get real!
To my mind, you interpret issues based on the narrative you wish to push.
Let's even accept for a moment Tinubu was indeed born poor but later inherited wealth.
If he was then asked how he made wealth, I think he will first point to his escape from poverty and not inheritance.
Let me make clear to you that even poor people have inheritance as well. But there's a different level of inheritance that translates to wealth.
So if a man points to inheritance as the source of his wealth, I think it stands to reason he sees the inheritance as the major source and not just a contributor as you claimed.
Go and check his previous explanations in other interviews before this one. There's a popular one he gave where he claimed he got over a million dollars while working with Deloitte on Saudi's Aramco account.
That account now conflicts with this new narrative of inheritance.
I hope you can see clearly now.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by SugarGirl44(f): 8:23am On Dec 12, 2022
StrongandMighty:
Those that he stole their collective wealth and rendered useless will still come here to defend him...I'm tired of Nigeria!

How is it your business?
Is it your money?
How market for your state wey dem no steal una wealth, laslas y’all still keep trooping to this same SW where you lament about daily.
Una dey ment.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by SugarGirl44(f): 8:25am On Dec 12, 2022
asanausana91:
Tinubu inherit poor lagosian destinies.
Tinubu is evil

How far with your your destiny in your state?
Is it still intact?
Are you sure you haven’t fled your dungeon and living in this same Lagos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by wirinet(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Let's even accept for a moment Tinubu was indeed born poor but later inherited wealth.
If he was then asked how he made wealth, I think he will first point to his escape from poverty and not inheritance.
Let me make clear to you that even poor people have inheritance as well. But there's a different level of inheritance that translates to wealth.
So if a man points to inheritance as the source of his wealth, I think it stands to reason he sees the inheritance as the major source and not just a contributor as you claimed.
Go and check his previous explanations in other interviews before this one. There's a popular one he gave where he claimed he got over a million dollars while working with Deloitte on Saudi's Aramco account.

Tinubu's story changes like a chameleon. Each day another story.
He earlier explained away his wealth by saying he got $1.8 million from working with Deloitte on Saudi's Aramco account as an accountant. (Mind you Tinubu never qualified as an accountant)
So which story are we to believe?

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Everlastingson: 9:28am On Dec 12, 2022
Emilokan is a customized bullion van criminal. Shame to his dead conscience urchins.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by shinealight(m): 11:26am On Dec 12, 2022
Is that supposed to be a contradiction in terms?
If, for instance, Warren Buffet started off from a poor family background but that same family subsequently hit it big through the hard work and fortuitous business activities of some members the family including Warren himself, who later inherited some of the assets left by his conscientious forebears, should Warren then deny his background as having emanated from an originally poor background?
It seems Mr Atiku sees nothing wrong in denying his origin and even betraying his less fortunate forebears! cool cool
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by swaggerjack: 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2022
Everlastingson:
Emilokan is a customized bullion van criminal. Shame to his dead conscience urchins.

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by laughitall(m): 12:52pm On Dec 12, 2022
Peterobi90:
Well, this question is not really out of place... if we dont ask for wealth history From leaders, we would only be destroying the future of Nigeria..

Obasanjo - From jail (Zero wealth)
Yar adua - Yar adua family (Family name, Zero wealth)
Goodkuck - Lecturer before politics (Minimal wealth)
Buhari - Military officer (Minimal wealth)

Atiku - Business man(Customs, Company ownerships)
Peter - Business man (Trader, Company ownerships)
Tinubu - ?
Delliotte .. Mobil.. investor
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Back channel adoption, whatever that means, is illegal and not adoption. Adoption is a simple process of making someone you're not biologically related to, a member of your family with full rights and recognition. It has no back channel neither is anything shameful or untoward about it. It has existed since time itself.

Moses was adopted by Pharaoh's daughter.
So I don't see what's the big deal about Tinubu being an adopted son that he'll have to lie about it as you claimed.

You have changed course to conjectures now while you seemed so sure of yourself before. Note you're now making a guess that Bola is actually of the Tinubu family in Lagos but was adopted by Abibatu Mogaji. The circumstances of your hypothesis is unclear and very shaky. Apart from the fact that you are making this wild guess based on the fact that you believe Abibatu Mogaji did not sire Bola and was never married to a Tinubu, while you're mindless of the possibility of him being born out of wedlock as a lovechild, or being born by a relation of Abibatu to the Tinubu's. Also note that if your hypothesis is true, then Bola is not a Tinubu but, a Mogaji since he has been adopted by Abibatu. Anyway, I prefer to go with what he said that he's a proper Tinubu which implies he was fathered by a Tinubu. Which begs the circumstances of him being poor as Tinubus are a prominent Lagos family and not poor as far as we know.

All these your conjectures are not worth the data you're using to transmit if you don't have the facts.

I simply threw back at you your very own hypothesis and guesses, there's no record of her being married to a Tinubu, there's no birth record either, so it is safe to say it can neither be proven nor unproven, even the Tinubu family have granted no interviews or supplied any proof. Furthermore, adoption in the 1950s and 1960s is not the same as that of today, all the illegal mumbo jumbo you keep yapping about is mute.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Grow up man! Look at the bold part of your comment, you think therefore it is fact? Surely you don't think we all reason the same way? You mentioned his previous interview and you don't believe it is possible for someone to inherit assets and still make money from professional obligations? Let me burst your bubble, my father inherited 6 properties from his father including a business yet he made most of his money from working for the U.S government, according to your reasoning, it would be improper for him to use inheritance as his source of wealth and it would be farfetched for him to claim he made over 500k dollars from his pension. See why I said you need to grow up? We see the world differently based on our individual experiences, don't be so quick to discount one over the other!
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

Grow up man! Look at the bold part of your comment, you think therefore it is fact? Surely you don't think we all reason the same way? You mentioned his previous interview and you don't believe it is possible for someone to inherit assets and still make money from professional obligations? Let me burst your bubble, my father inherited 6 properties from his father including a business yet he made most of his money from working for the U.S government, according to your reasoning, it would be improper for him to use inheritance as his source of wealth and it would be farfetched for him to claim he made over 500k dollars from his pension. See why I said you need to grow up? We see the world differently based on our individual experiences, don't be so quick to discount one over the other!
What I meant by "I think" is that a reasonable person's response should be so and so.
Let me draw an analogy based on the picture you're painting.
Suppose you're vying for a job in a bank. You have two degrees from different courses, say Economics and Philosophy.
In the CV you submitted for application, you listed your Economics degree only. When you get to the interview stage however, you appear with a copy of your philosophy certificate. How do you "think" the interviewer will react?
There's a conjunctive word in English known as "and". If your father was asked his source of wealth, it will only be right for him to mention both the inheritance "and" the pensionable job. No one will arrest him for having multiple sources. I hope you know Dele Alake once claimed Tinubu's source of wealth is investment in stocks and bonds. There you go! Three different versions
As a matter of fact, that's what the code of Conduct Bureau's asset declaration form demands. Before you can take public office in Nigeria, you need to declare ALL your assets and wealth including that held in trust by family members.
It's a law and the good in that law is to foreclose the possibility of changing stories like we have with Tinubu's case which you're making excuses for.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

What I meant by "I think" is that a reasonable person's response should be so and so.
Let me draw an analogy based on the picture you're painting.
Suppose you're vying for a job in a bank. You have two degrees from different courses, say Economics and Philosophy.
In the CV you submitted for application, you listed your Economics degree only. When you get to the interview stage however, you appear with a copy of your philosophy certificate. How do you "think" the interviewer will react?
There's a conjunctive word in English known as "and". If your father was asked his source of wealth, it will only be right for him to mention both the inheritance "and" the pensionable job. No one will arrest him for having multiple sources. I hope you know Dele Alake once claimed Tinubu's source of wealth is investment in stocks and bonds. There you go! Three different versions
As a matter of fact, that's what the code of Conduct Bureau's asset declaration form demands. Before you can take public office in Nigeria, you need to declare ALL your assets and wealth including that held in trust by family members.
It's a law and the good in that law is to foreclose the possibility of changing stories like we have with Tinubu's case which you're making excuses for.

You're comparing apples and oranges in order to make a point but you're only digging yourself deeper, your analogy would only make sense if he was asked to declare all his assets or all his source of wealth. Tinubu was asked about his wealth and he gave his origin story, I manage a team of 10 I.T auditors and each of their interviews I always asked them to tell me about themselves, I don't expect a detailed analysis, I don't expect them to regurgitate what is on their resume/CV, I expect them to summarize and only give one or two things about who they are. I'll repeat myself again, your problem is perspective, you find it hard or unimaginable that someone could come from a poor background, go on to school abroad and struggle with menial jobs, inherit properties and then go on into not only grassroot politics but state and regional. It sounds impossible to you because of your own experience and that's perfectly okay, we all can't live the same life, we all can't see the world the same way, our experiences shapes us!
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

I simply threw back at you your very own hypothesis and guesses, there's no record of her being married to a Tinubu, there's no birth record either, so it is safe to say it can neither be proven nor unproven, even the Tinubu family have granted no interviews or supplied any proof. Furthermore, adoption in the 1950s and 1960s is not the same as that of today, all the illegal mumbo jumbo you keep yapping about is mute.
No you didn't. You only jumped out the window as your claim began to unravel.
I'm sure you're neither her father or a close family member to know she was never married to a Tinubu nor that she never gave birth to a child a man from the Tinubu family.

Folks like you will one day claim Linda Ikeji's son was adopted since she never married the father. Now I see the wisdom in her quickly unveiling him though knowing he's married. I guess it's to avoid this sort of controversy for her son in future.
She also has the internet to thank for never forgetting.
Mind you, the Tinubu family have actually come out to claim Tinubu as one of them sometime ago. It's on the net.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

No you didn't. You only jumped out the window as your claim began to unravel.
I'm sure you're neither her father or a close family member to know she was never married to a Tinubu nor that she never gave birth to a child a man from the Tinubu family.

Folks like you will one day claim Linda Ikeji's son was adopted since she never married the father. Now I see the wisdom in her quickly unveiling him though knowing he's married. I guess it's to avoid this sort of controversy for her son in future.
She also has the internet to thank for never forgetting.
Mind you, the Tinubu family have actually come out to claim Tinubu as one of them sometime ago. It's on the net.

Like I said before, those that are true Lagos indigenes know the story wella, no need to argue with you. You can't seem to stay in one place, from asset declaration to Linda Ikeji, my guy you're suffering from a complex, the need to be right/win an argument has left you exposed, your argument is all over the place, get a grip man grin grin grin
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

You're comparing apples and oranges in order to make a point but you're only digging yourself deeper, your analogy would only make sense if he was asked to declare all his assets or all his source of wealth. Tinubu was asked about his wealth and he gave his origin story, I manage a team of 10 I.T auditors and each of their interviews I always asked them to tell me about themselves, I don't expect a detailed analysis, I don't expect them to regurgitate what is on their resume/CV, I expect them to summarize and only give one or two things about who they are. I'll repeat myself again, your problem is perspective, you find it hard or unimaginable that someone could come from a poor background, go on to school abroad and struggle with menial jobs, inherit properties and then go on into not only grassroot politics but state and regional. It sounds impossible to you because of your own experience and that's perfectly okay, we all can't live the same life, we all can't see the world the same way, our experiences shapes us!
Tinubu was asked his wealth in one interview and he said it's through inheritance. Same Tinubu was asked in a previous interview and he said it's through a financial break while working. Your expectations show how shoddy you are with details. You need to learn from this. Details matter in sensitive issues. You claim to manage 10 I.T. auditors. Do you realize IT is actually very wide and very specialised and someone claiming to be an IT specialist may only be good with online cataloguing and not more technical aspects like hacking and cyber security? Same way you can have someone who is knowledgeable in both
So if you're looking for a specialist in security and with your poor attention to details, you end up employing a data librarian, have you not finished your company?
Someone with a poor background cannot inherit properties that will make him wealthy.
The properties that couldn't make wealthy living for his parents can't suddenly turn to a gold mine for him.
You don't transfer poverty and suddenly it becomes wealth. That's a fairytale if you don't want to deceive yourself.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

Like I said before, those that are true Lagos indigenes know the story wella, no need to argue with you. You can't seem to stay in one place, from asset declaration to Linda Ikeji, my guy you're suffering from a complex, the need to be right/win an argument has left you exposed, your argument is all over the place, get a grip man grin grin grin
Get a grip on what?
I'm flooring your claims with hard facts and you're just looking for excuses to derail.
Your claims are as watery as they are ridiculous.
There is nothing Lagos indigenes know about Tinubu that's not in the public domain. So stop forming what is not. You're just trying to put 2+2 to arrive at 4.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Tinubu was asked his wealth in one interview and he said it's through inheritance. Same Tinubu was asked in a previous interview and he said it's through a financial break while working. Your expectations show how shoddy you are with details. You need to learn from this. Details matter in sensitive issues. You claim to manage 10 I.T. auditors. Do you realize IT is actually very wide and very specialised and someone claiming to be an IT specialist may only be good with online cataloguing and not more technical aspects like hacking and cyber security? Same way you can have someone who is knowledgeable in both
So if you're looking for a specialist in security and with your poor attention to details, you end up employing a data librarian, have you not finished your company?
Someone with a poor background cannot inherit properties that will make him wealthy.
The properties that couldn't make wealthy living for his parents can't suddenly turn to a gold mine for him.
You don't transfer poverty and suddenly it becomes wealth. That's a fairytale if you don't want to deceive yourself.

Go back and read our exchanges I already told you two things can be true at the same time, even used my pops as an example, it's not my problem if you refuse to comprehend! The guy could gain inheritance and still make money from his professional obligations/investments, I refuse to let you convince me otherwise, yes we all know the billions were made from his political affairs but his initial accumulation could very well come from the things listed above, stop arguing nonsense!

Moving on, your next point is even more myopic, I said I.T auditors, the keyword here is auditors. All auditors perform the same functions, the I.T is the specialization here, when we talk about I.T auditors we are talking about auditors who evaluate risks based on I.T general and application controls. Dude, stop forming what you're not, no be you go school me on this subject! Finally, whether you believe or not, I don't care, since wealth is subjective I see no problem here, to some 100,00 dollars is wealth, to another not even 1 million dollars is wealth, we are all shaped by our experiences, so I won't blame you for your limitation!
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Get a grip on what?
I'm flooring your claims with hard facts and you're just looking for excuses to derail.
Your claims are as watery as they are ridiculous.
There is nothing Lagos indigenes know about Tinubu that's not in the public domain. So stop forming what is not. You're just trying to put 2+2 to arrive at 4.

Ridiculous.....Hard Facts? Comedy grin grin grin
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:53pm On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

Go back and read our exchanges I already told you two things can be true at the same time, even used my pops as an example, it's not my problem if you refuse to comprehend! The guy could gain inheritance and still make money from his professional obligations/investments, I refuse to let you convince me otherwise, yes we all know the billions were made from his political affairs but his initial accumulation could very well come from the things listed above, stop arguing nonsense!

Moving on, your next point is even more myopic, I said I.T auditors, the keyword here is auditors. All auditors perform the same functions, the I.T is the specialization here, when we talk about I.T auditors we are talking about auditors who evaluate risks based on I.T general and application controls. Dude, stop forming what you're not, no be you go school me on this subject! Finally, whether you believe or not, I don't care, since wealth is subjective I see no problem here, to some 100,00 dollars is wealth, to another not even 1 million dollars is wealth, we are all shaped by our experiences, so I won't blame you for your limitation!
Nobody can argue the fact that two things can be true at the same time. It is all about presentation. Can you make money from inheritance and your profession? Yes. If you are asked, are you at liberty to choose which you prefer to take as your source of wealth or to mention both? Certainly!! But to keep changing story while online defenders like you come to do cleanup by declaring both to be true at the same time, is dishonest logic.
In logic, there is AND and there is OR. One cannot replace the other and each lead to different outcomes. I hope you understand that as you claim to be an IT guru.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Nobody can argue the fact that two things can be true at the same time. It is all about presentation. Can you make money from inheritance and your profession? Yes. If you are asked, are you at liberty to choose which you prefer to take as your source of wealth or to mention both? Certainly!! But to keep changing story while online defenders like you come to do cleanup by declaring both to be true at the same time, is dishonest logic.
In logic, there is AND and there is OR. One cannot replace the other and each lead to different outcomes. I hope you understand that as you claim to be an IT guru.

You are at liberty to answer any question as you deem fit, the burden of proof is on those asking to say otherwise. If you looked at my Resume/CV you'll see over 15 years of I.T experience but during interviews I choose which company or experiences I want to focus on and I'm not a politician o, now imagine asking a politician his or her source of wealth and expecting them to give detailed analysis, no be juju be that? grin grin grin
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

You are at liberty to answer any question as you deem fit, the burden of proof is on those asking to say otherwise. If you looked at my Resume/CV you'll see over 15 years of I.T experience but during interviews I choose which company or experiences I want to focus on and I'm not a politician o, now imagine asking a politician his or her source of wealth and expecting them to give detailed analysis, no be juju be that? grin grin grin
You're still missing the point. If I ask you how did you hone your IT skills, I'm sure your response will be to mention there first place you worked as an IT expert. You might add others along the lines but you'll be consistent with your story of how it all began. Am I right or wrong?
There question put to him was not the sources of his wealth. The question can be likened to how he started making money. If the inheritance came first, all good. If it was the professional career, all well. What I'm pointing out is that a changing story raises doubt and leads to loss of credibility. Atiku's story no matter how corrupt you think it is never changes. It's always same customs officer to starting intels
Same for Obi. He inherited wealth and has never changed his story
Baba on the other hand claimed professional career in one interview, then claimed inheritance in another.
Even Dangote does not have that kind of story.
Consistency is lacking.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

You're still missing the point. If I ask you how did you hone your IT skills, I'm sure your response will be to mention there first place you worked as an IT expert. You might add others along the lines but you'll be consistent with your story of how it all began. Am I right or wrong?
There question put to him was not the sources of his wealth. The question can be likened to how he started making money. If the inheritance came first, all good. If it was the professional career, all well. What I'm pointing out is that a changing story raises doubt and leads to loss of credibility. Atiku's story no matter how corrupt you think it is never changes. It's always same customs officer to starting intels
Same for Obi. He inherited wealth and has never changed his story
Baba on the other hand claimed professional career in one interview, then claimed inheritance in another.
Even Dangote does not have that kind of story.
Consistency is lacking.

I'm going to call you out again, you're wrong! If asked how did I hone my I.T skill, my response will not be the first place I worked as an I.T expert, the word expert already means I've mastered that craft. Now what was Tinubu asked exactly? He was accused of being wealthy, he clapped back and asked what was wrong with that? He used Warren as an example and stated just like warren he also inherited real estate/properties. His response was clearly defensive but does that mean that was all he did to make money? OF COURSE NOT! He also had professional experiences, investments and made a boatload from his political positions. Now depending on who is asking and how they ask, he might name professional obligations or his vast experiences in politics. The problem with your viewpoint is you believe everything to be black and white, NOPE!

A person like Tinubu is not going to tell you all the sources of his wealth, if you were expecting such then you're on a long thing, there's a reason he's nicknamed "chop, make I chop". I repeat we all know vast majority of his wealth came after 1999 but if you were expecting him to say that at any interview then YOU AIN'T SERIOUS grin grin grin. Consistency or not, politicians never give the full picture, so why would you expect such from a veteran politician? Even Atiku will never confess he made billions as customs boss, neither would OBJ or GEJ ever admit they made billions from politics, this is the cold hard fact, take it or leave it!
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:05pm On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

I'm going to call you out again, you're wrong! If asked how did I hone my I.T skill, my response will not be the first place I worked as an I.T expert, the word expert already means I've mastered that craft. Now what was Tinubu asked exactly? He was accused of being wealthy, he clapped back and asked what was wrong with that? He used Warren as an example and stated just like warren he also inherited real estate/properties. His response was clearly defensive but does that mean that was all he did to make money? OF COURSE NOT! He also had professional experiences, investments and made a boatload from his political positions. Now depending on who is asking and how they ask, he might name professional obligations or his vast experiences in politics. The problem with your viewpoint is you believe everything to be black and white, NOPE!

A person like Tinubu is not going to tell you all the sources of his wealth, if you were expecting such then you're on a long thing, there's a reason he's nicknamed "chop, make I chop". I repeat we all know vast majority of his wealth came after 1999 but if you were expecting him to say that at any interview then YOU AIN'T SERIOUS grin grin grin. Consistency or not, politicians never give the full picture, so why would you expect such from a veteran politician? Even Atiku will never confess he made billions as customs boss, neither would OBJ or GEJ ever admit they made billions from politics, this is the cold hard fact, take it or leave it!
I get your point now.
And I respect it.
You're saying now that he's not lying but not saying the whole truth either.
But that was not my point at all.
My point is that he's actually trying painting himself to be a saint when he's clearly not. It's that dishonesty I detest because I sense some form of arrogance and condescending attitude towards Nigerians.
It's one thing for our leaders to look down on us while in office, while it's another to take us for fools while seeking the office.
But it's not really a problem for me. Nigerians will always get the leaders they deserve.
Thanks for your time and the opinion
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I get your point now.
And I respect it.
You're saying now that he's not lying but not saying the whole truth either.
But that was not my point at all.
My point is that he's actually trying painting himself to be a saint when he's clearly not. It's that dishonesty I detest because I sense some form of arrogance and condescending attitude towards Nigerians.
It's one thing for our leaders to look down on us while in office, while it's another to take us for fools while seeking the office.
But it's not really a problem for me. Nigerians will always get the leaders they deserve.
Thanks for your time and the opinion

You're funny, even the people supporting Tinubu know that he ain't no saint, no shaking, nice chat....Peace!
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by MasterTeeUSA: 3:20am On Dec 13, 2022
I didn't say of Lagos...She was Iyalode of Egba, and she was the first. It's a top title, and she was also the Iyalode of Lagos. It is possible they started from humble beginnings and made it big. Elon Musk was not born Rich, Jeff Bezos was not born Rich...we must stop being enemies of wealth and progress. Tinubu - 1st, Jojolola - 2nd and Simbiat Abiola/Tejuosho - 3rd. Don't believe it...go and listen to Ebenezer Obey. These are not just music, they provide history. Live and learn.

Agbegbaorogboye:

Firstly, it's a lie that Abibatu Mogaji was the first Iyalode of Lagos.
Secondly, the position of Iyalode is not for poor people. It is not even hereditary if you may know. So it's not a title you hold as a poor person aiming to become reach.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:49am On Dec 13, 2022
MasterTeeUSA:
I didn't say of Lagos...She was Iyalode of Egba, and she was the first. It's a top title, and she was also the Iyalode of Lagos. It is possible they started from humble beginnings and made it big. Elon Musk was not born Rich, Jeff Bezos was not born Rich...we must stop being enemies of wealth and progress. Tinubu - 1st, Jojolola - 2nd and Simbiat Abiola/Tejuosho - 3rd. Don't believe it...go and listen to Ebenezer Obey. These are not just music, they provide history. Live and learn.

Hahahaha. What a joke!!
Are you aware Fela's mother was an Iyalode of Egbaland? That's a title that's existed since almost time itself and I'm pretty sure Abibatu Mogaji was never Iyalode of Egbaland since she's not from Egba town. Besides, the title she held in Lagos was Iyaloja not Iyalode. They are subtly different.
Go and study Yoruba history especially that of the very proud and prestigious Egba town before making statements you know nothing about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried / Dino Melaye Set To Sponsor Bill Against Tribal Marks After Seeing This Photo / Decayed Rice Rejected By Edo Government (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.