Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? (33232 Views)

Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million / Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA / Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by t2luv1: 4:17am On Dec 12, 2022
Sultty:
this is d kind of questions sensible Nigerians have to ask bola tinubu (no cap) because the day he gets a chance to rule Nigeria it's going to be worse then bubu left it. Hungry and selfish people will not ask questions
How do u vote in tinubu and honestly believe a miracle will happen undecided

Exactly the question I have been asking those people that tend to put Tinubu on a pedestal.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by MasterTeeUSA: 4:19am On Dec 12, 2022
You dont need to have a stake to hate someone. You just mentioned something without proof yet you want us to take it or leave it. Nigeria is a work in progress. America is over 200 years old and its still not perfect.. UK is even older. Nigerians are not regressing...maybe those you speak or talk to. Travel home and you might be shocked.

Reference:

Stop what hate. On what basis is that. I have no stake in Nigerian politics. I don't have a PVC and have never voted anyone and I don't care who wins or loses in the coming elections because it will not change Nigeria fundamentally for good as I have explained several times on this forum.

So you stakeholders may choose to close your eyes to the truth or pretend not to know what happened or how things work but the results to Nigeria over the past 23 years of democracy and 6 general elections is clear, a country on the brink, a people regressing, so what are you celebrating in your so called leaders and what excitement do you have in defending them if not for sentiment.

And if there is any hate it is for a system that perpetuates itself by willingly enticing your type to keep it going. The man got rich just like every other politician out there by peddling influence. Take it or leave it, admit it or deny it, the results are clear for all to see.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by MrCuteking(m): 4:21am On Dec 12, 2022
Curious345:
Tinubu is a threath to our democracy

This truth is very deep.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 4:32am On Dec 12, 2022
Zeezenho:

I get . You want try see if this gibberish will stick.sorry bro. you lies are too weak try again.

Just say you lack comprehension and spare us the sentimental jargon grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by belente(m): 4:42am On Dec 12, 2022
God1000:
Good question, how did Tinubu become the biggest landlord in Lagos.

I'm sure the lion of bourdillon won't reply
rather the looter of bourdillon take note comrade

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by denssing: 4:42am On Dec 12, 2022
Tinibu has not told us his source(s) of his homongous wealth.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by ATLIEN2027: 5:05am On Dec 12, 2022
Zeezenho:

Are you done with your childish tantrums? Ojukwu and kanu are examples of what no Yoruba man wishes to be,brave audacious lover of humanity so wake up kid.

Yeah, you are right for once. No Yoruba man will start a war and then run away in the middle of the night like cheap hoes. Namdiot Coward Cownu is caged in the Zoo cage like a a caged monkey after running his loose mouth on Biafra Radio for years. MOFO will end up getting hanged like a chicken.
Dumbest IPOB ret@rd, get lost.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by MasterKernel: 5:09am On Dec 12, 2022
femisplash:
As a custom officer, Atiku stole custom's treasury dry, used Govt stolen money in investing in state's properties. I don't even want to go into OBJ damning revelations against him. Funnily, there have been no indictment concerning Tinubu's wealth either domestically or internationally. Nuhu Ribadu confessed investigating Tinubu both in Nigeria and abroad but found Nothing on him. Therefore, whatever rumors inconsequential people say do not count.

A man who forfeited properties to the US over drug related issues, who's bio details is in doubt... Go on.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by BreakingNews21: 5:12am On Dec 12, 2022
Hard to believe Atiku actually said that.

Abibatu Mogaji

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abibatu_Mogaji

" Career
Prior to her appointment as the Iyaloja of the Association of Nigerian Market Women and Men, Chief Mogaji was the vocal leader of the market women's association in Lagos State.[5] In this capacity, she served as the successor of the powerful Alimotu Pelewura.

In recognition of her contributions to trading in Nigeria, Chief Mogaji was bestowed with National awards by the Federal Government of Nigeria.[6] She also received several honorary doctorate degrees from recognized Nigerian Universities, such as Ahmadu Bello University and the University of Lagos."
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Weloveyou(f): 5:31am On Dec 12, 2022
femisplash:
As a custom officer, Atiku stole custom's treasury dry, used Govt stolen money in investing in state's properties. I don't even want to go into OBJ damning revelations against him. Funnily, there have been no indictment concerning Tinubu's wealth either domestically or internationally. Nuhu Ribadu confessed investigating Tinubu both in Nigeria and abroad but found Nothing on him. Therefore, whatever rumors inconsequential people say do not count.
Shut up
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by DrAkpamudehe: 5:36am On Dec 12, 2022
manchyme:

You sound stewpid defending Atiku...

Tell that to your father
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:42am On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

Those of us that are true indigenes of Lagos know the true story, so let nobody deceive you. Furthermore do you understand how DNA works? You need his father's or mother's DNA in order to make a conclusion, abi what are you going to test Jagaban's DNA against?
It is what he said that I'm telling you so you need to pose that question to him. But if I can give an answer, there are other members of the family that are alive who are offsprings of those he claims to be his parents.
If you true indigenes of Lagos know the true story, why do you allow falsehood to be peddled about without trying to let the world know the truth
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:50am On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

Go and read properly, he said it contributed to his wealth, keyword contributed. Abibatu Mogaji owned several lands/properties and most definitely had enough money to mingle with the rich and famous.
He never used the word contributed in the interview. I think you should go watch it before you start defending nonsense
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 5:55am On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

It is what he said that I'm telling you so you need to pose that question to him. But if I can give an answer, there are other members of the family that are alive who are offsprings of those he claims to be his parents.
If you true indigenes of Lagos know the true story, why do you allow falsehood to be peddled about without trying to let the world know the truth

Can you name one of them? Abibatu Mogaji has no other living offspring, so what are you talking about? Do you guys even research before throwing wild accusations?
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Aiel123: 5:58am On Dec 12, 2022
Vatod:

That’s for the intel.. about but before an immigration officer can run a multi million naira business with a huge company like intel, there will be a huge power play and some unexplained capital
Mario Puzo's 'The Godfather' comes into play.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by CheapHomes1: 6:00am On Dec 12, 2022
StrongandMighty:
Those that he stole their collective wealth and rendered useless will still come here to defend him...I'm tired of Nigeria!

See one of them

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:03am On Dec 12, 2022
MasterTeeUSA:
Another conspiracy...and Still, they have never found him guilty of any of these outlandish conspiracies. His Mother was the First Iyalode and she was very popular...that alone could have opened many doors. Don't be ignorant people. Awolowo and Ogunde's children will always have some doors opened for them that some of us with our qualifications can never enter. Build a GREAT NAME...Build your FAMILY a LEGACY and STOP THE HATE.

Firstly, it's a lie that Abibatu Mogaji was the first Iyalode of Lagos.
Secondly, the position of Iyalode is not for poor people. It is not even hereditary if you may know. So it's not a title you hold as a poor person aiming to become reach.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:05am On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

Can you name one of them? Abibatu Mogaji has no other living offspring, so what are you talking about? Do you guys even research before throwing wild accusations?
And you know that how? Are you the family head? And if she does not, what about her siblings and their children or siblings from the husband's family line? She couldn't have given birth to him all by herself.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:12am On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

Again people like you don't read to comprehend rather you read to argue. What you wrote definitely supports that he was adopted, could it be that Tinubu was referring to his birth parents as too poor? Furthermore, owning properties does not make you rich enough to give boatload of cash to your son to study abroad, in fact, Yorubas do not believe in selling properties, everybody knows the Mogaji family was comfortable at least more than the average family back then, this you cannot dispute if you truly were a Lagos boy! Finally, in the 70s and 80s majority of foreign students did menial jobs to make extra cash, don't forget the same Tinubu was a party boy and would lavish money on drugs and women so of course he needed extra cash, he was very popular in Chicago and his versality meant that he could be working at a bar in the night and driving a taxi in the morning, dude was a typical hustler.

I also believe you are getting things all wrong, you seem to believe properties mean some fancy mansion or something very valuable nowadays, it could be ile alamo(mud house) for all we know, the fact remains that Tinubu said it contributed to his wealth, why would you doubt such? Because even if na plane ticket or the ability to travel around with political and regional leaders then it certainly served its purpose. Again read to comprehend not to argue, be wise!
All what you wrote here is at variance with what he said in the interview.
You're indirectly saying Tinubu lied in the interview if you insist he was adopted and was born poor.
In his own words, he's a proper Tinubu. The word proper means he identifies as being born in the family.
Secondly, he claimed he inherited properties. Inheriting properties is not a sign of poverty.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by PhantomProbe(m): 6:17am On Dec 12, 2022
StrongandMighty:
Those that he stole their collective wealth and rendered useless will still come here to defend him...I'm tired of Nigeria!
Urchins no get any collective wealth before sha. They have no value to offer in a proper society. Hence their best chance is to find a way to create a dysfunctional society.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 6:21am On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

He never used the word contributed in the interview. I think you should go watch it before you start defending nonsense

When you ask someone how did he get his wealth and he starts at the origin, what does that mean? Must you people continue to constitute nuisance? Even Daily Times, Premium Times and other News Outlet carefully summarized for you but your bitterness and ignorance wouldn't even allow you to read the words, so here are the links again, this time read slowly and comprehend!

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/569361-2023-tinubu-speaks-on-source-of-wealth-says-atiku-obi-incompetent.html
https://dailytrust.com/atiku-to-tinubu-how-did-you-inherit-properties-if-you-are-from-poor-background/
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Geopex(m): 6:39am On Dec 12, 2022
All na thieves, they have once stoled people's money one way or the other. If u think one president is coming to make the country great, u are just deceiving yourself. No prosperity in the land. Nigeria is cursed!
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 6:40am On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

All what you wrote here is at variance with what he said in the interview.
You're indirectly saying Tinubu lied in the interview if you insist he was adopted and was born poor.
In his own words, he's a proper Tinubu. The word proper means he identifies as being born in the family.
Secondly, he claimed he inherited properties. Inheriting properties is not a sign of poverty.

Was Abibatu Mogaji a Tinubu? Who from the Tinubu family can say Abibatu Mogaji was married to their son? If you knew her history you would know that all 8 of her children died so why didn't Tinubu die as well? Think man, think, unless you can state specifically the name of Tinubu's father, I maintain my stance that he was adopted and that leaves the possibility of being born into a poor family with poor upbringing. You can't accuse someone of lying if you don't have facts to support your accusations, what are you 6? Grow up!
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 6:42am On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

And you know that how? Are you the family head? And if she does not, what about her siblings and their children or siblings from the husband's family line? She couldn't have given birth to him all by herself.

No be you talk say she there are other members of the family that are alive who are offsprings of those he claims to be his parents. Abi you no know meaning of offspring again? grin grin grin
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:47am On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

No be you talk say she there are other members of the family that are alive who are offsprings of those he claims to be his parents. Abi you no know meaning of offspring again? grin grin grin
And if by some accident of history there are no living offsprings of his parents, a DNA can be carried out using any extended member of their family.
Or are all other members of the family dead as well?
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:50am On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

Was Abibatu Mogaji a Tinubu? Who from the Tinubu family can say Abibatu Mogaji was married to their son? If you knew her history you would know that all 8 of her children died so why didn't Tinubu die as well? Think man, think, unless you can state specifically the name of Tinubu's father, I maintain my stance that he was adopted and that leaves the possibility of being born into a poor family with poor upbringing. You can't accuse someone of lying if you don't have facts to support your accusations, what are you 6? Grow up!
What exactly are you saying?
Bola said he's a true and proper Tinubu. You're here saying he's adopted.
But I'm the one who said Tinubu is lying?
I think it's you who is implying that Tinubu lied Bros.
If Mogaji was not married to the Tinubu's, does that again, not imply that Bola Tinubu is not using his real name? Since if you're adopted, you're expected to take the surname of those who adopted you except if they agree otherwise.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:55am On Dec 12, 2022
abbey621:

When you ask someone how did he get his wealth and he starts at the origin, what does that mean? Must you people continue to constitute nuisance? Even Daily Times, Premium Times and other News Outlet carefully summarized for you but your bitterness and ignorance wouldn't even allow you to read the words, so here are the links again, this time read slowly and comprehend!

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/569361-2023-tinubu-speaks-on-source-of-wealth-says-atiku-obi-incompetent.html
https://dailytrust.com/atiku-to-tinubu-how-did-you-inherit-properties-if-you-are-from-poor-background/
What exactly is your point?
There's nowhere in those links he was reported to have used the word "contribute".
He said he inherited real estate. That's the origin of his wealth according to him. When you introduce contribute, you're implying that he claimed inheritance as ONE of the sources/origin of his wealth. He never said anything like that.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by 7arrows: 7:14am On Dec 12, 2022
God1000:
Good question, how did Tinubu become the biggest landlord in Lagos.

I'm sure the lion of bourdillon won't reply

He will never reply. As he has nothing to say. That man Tinubu is a fraud, he has no visible source of income because he's milking lagos till tomorow. We know all and that's why he cannot opening disclose his source of wealth.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by 7arrows: 7:16am On Dec 12, 2022
StrongandMighty:

Very true. Sometimes when they play defense I feel like crying cause I dont understand how dumb some people can be.

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Jack500: 7:27am On Dec 12, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

U dis silly Afonja man, Atiku's custom records says otherwise. Atiku retired meritoriously from public service and was paid his gratuity and pension in full. If you feel Atiku stole money from your mother's purse or meat from her pot, then you charge him to court or stop defaming him online, otherwise you will be tracked and dealt with according to the law.

Be Guided

Your brain is damaged. But you think Tinubu stole your destiny, right? Then charged him to a court and stop barking like a dog.
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by abbey621(m): 7:33am On Dec 12, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

What exactly is your point?
There's nowhere in those links he was reported to have used the word "contribute".
He said he inherited real estate. That's the origin of his wealth according to him. When you introduce contribute, you're implying that he claimed inheritance as ONE of the sources/origin of his wealth. He never said anything like that.

At this point you're not making sense, can you define origin? For most it means beginning, start or root. So if I started making money from real estate but grew it into several other investments including cashing out my 401k then all that matters is the initial real estate earnings? English no be everybody's first language so I can understand your confusion!
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Zeezenho: 7:57am On Dec 12, 2022
ATLIEN2027:

Yeah, you are right for once. No Yoruba man will start a war and then run away in the middle of the night like cheap hoes. Namdiot Coward Cownu is caged in the Zoo cage like a a caged monkey after running his loose mouth on Biafra Radio for years. MOFO will end up getting hanged like a chicken.
Dumbest IPOB ret@rd, get lost.

Oga abiola can't even start a war because he get no liver and was slutered like a slot. Your alafin was surrounded by afonja and his Fulani master.as a Yoruba coward he committed suicide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Govt Should Reciprocate US Visa Ban – Fani-kayode / Yahaya Bello's Mother Prays For Him / NDDC: Akpabio Names Orji Kalu, Uduaghan, James Ibori In Contract Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.