Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,981 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? (33167 Views)

Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million / Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA / Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by dre11(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2022
Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has asked Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, his All Progressives Congress (APC) rival, to come clean on his source of wealth.

During an interview with BBC Focus on Africa, on Tuesday, Tinubu had said he “inherited” real estate which contributed to his wealth.

The former governor of Lagos also likened himself to the United States billionaire, Warren Buffet.

“Are they enemies of wealth, if they are not enemies of wealth–investments do yield. I have an example of Warren Buffet, one of the richest men in America and the world. He started with stock buying and brokerage. I inherited great real estate, I turned the values around.

“I am not denying my wealth. I was the most investigated, the most accused governor in opposition for eight years up to 2007. Since I left office, I am still there, I have not taken a government appointment, no government contract,” he had said.

But in a statement Phrank Shaibu, his Special Assistant on Public Communication, issued on his behalf on Sunday, Atiku challenged Tinunbu to come clean with his source of wealth.

Obviously thrown off balance when the BBC reporter asked him to disclose the source of his stupendous wealth, APC Presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, responded by asking, “Are you an enemy of wealth?” He subsequently told a fable of how he inherited properties and also traded stocks like Warren Buffet. This is complete hogwash.”

“Interestingly, Tinubu had told a Lagos State House of Assembly committee that was set up to investigate his academic records in 1999 that he could not complete secondary school because his family was too poor.

“The Governor spoke about his difficult and traumatic youth and how he scaled the hurdles of life as a self-made man. After his primary education, the governor said he was admitted into secondary school but he could not further his education because of his poverty. The Governor thus had to engage in menial jobs before he proceeded to the United States of America in search of the Golden Fleece,” the House report read in part.

“So how did Tinubu, whose family was too poor to send him to school despite a free education policy at the time, inherit properties from the same family? This is obviously balderdash. Tinubu would do well to stop comparing himself with Warren Buffet whose source of wealth has never been linked to narcotics by US authorities.”

The statement added that questions on Tinubu’s source of wealth did not start now.

“US authorities said Tinubu revealed in bank documents that he worked with Mobil Nigeria Limited in 1989 and his salary was just $2,400 and he had no other sources of income.

“But records from his First Heritage Bank account showed that in 1990 (just within one year), Tinubu deposited $661,000 into his individual money market account and in 1991 deposited $1,216,500 into the same money market account. Where did he get the money from?”

It added: “On the other hand, Atiku Abubakar’s source of wealth has never been in doubt. The ones he has listed publicly include: NICOTES (now Intels) founded in 1989; Prodeco, 1996; Atiku farms, 1982; and ABTI schools, 1992. Some of these companies like INTELS have had reputable Nigerians like the late General Shehu Musa Yar’Adua and even traditional rulers on its board. We dare Tinubu to list his companies and source of wealth as Atiku has done.”

https://dailytrust.com/atiku-to-tinubu-how-did-you-inherit-properties-if-you-are-from-poor-background/

151 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by NwaNimo1(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2022
He inherited from Lagos taxpayers and Chicago drug addicts.....

[img]https://giffiles./217/217546.gif[/img]

....Go and verify!

500 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by God1000(m): 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2022
Good question, how did Tinubu become the biggest landlord in Lagos.

I'm sure the lion of bourdillon won't reply

311 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Thortp(m): 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2022
Oya oo Emilokan.

Dear Atiku,

He inherited the money they kept for him in 2 Bullion vans. Lolsss

198 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Asgard73: 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2022
Atiku should go easy on his friend grin

Why Atiku just Dey run Tinubu careless .

Hitting him below the belt without qualms

Na wao

Truth is always bitter

Tinubu should hit one .. even if na upper cut

Atiku no get Opposition

E clear

Next is when is Tinubu going to United States of America

E go soon reach..

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by StrongandMighty: 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
Those that he stole their collective wealth and rendered useless will still come here to defend him...I'm tired of Nigeria!

418 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by onomeabuja: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
dre11:

Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has asked Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, his All Progressives Congress (APC) rival, to come clean on…

https://dailytrust.com/atiku-to-tinubu-how-did-you-inherit-properties-if-you-are-from-poor-background/

Nlfpmod

@waziri i greet u sir

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by femisplash: 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
As a custom officer, Atiku stole custom's treasury dry, used Govt stolen money in investing in state's properties. I don't even want to go into OBJ damning revelations against him. Funnily, there have been no indictment concerning Tinubu's wealth either domestically or internationally. Nuhu Ribadu confessed investigating Tinubu both in Nigeria and abroad but found Nothing on him. Therefore, whatever rumors inconsequential people say do not count.

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2022
A tale of two thieves

238 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Jostoman: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2022
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by dahmie2013: 5:35pm On Dec 11, 2022
What a blow... Highly spot on.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Ofunaofu: 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tinubu is a notorious Narcotic drug trafficker

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Honjoshy4u: 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
femisplash:
As a custom officer, Atiku stole custom's treasury dry, used Govt stolen money in investing in state's properties. I don't even want to go into OBJ damning revelations against him. Funnily, there have been no indictment concerning Tinubu's wealth either domestically or internationally. Nuhu Ribadu confessed investing Tinubu both in Nigeria and abroad but found Nothing on him. Therefore, whatever rumors inconsequential people say do not count.

But he is a drug barron and bullion van criminal

154 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by ZombieTERROR: 6:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
Antimarraige:
A tale of two thieves

Exposing themselves
comedy to my soul grin grin
Tinubu is IPOB cheesy

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Karemarealty288(m): 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
Multiple personalities ......lies are expensive to maintain ......

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by authehighness: 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2022
dre11:

Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has asked Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, his All Progressives Congress (APC) rival, to come clean on…

Nlfpmod

tinubu inherited lagos state and seyi is trying his best to keep the inheritance

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by asanausana91: 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tinubu inherit poor lagosian destinies.
Tinubu is evil

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Curious345: 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tinubu is a threath to our democracy

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Curious345: 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2022
A cherubic and chronic lair

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
femisplash:
As a custom officer, Atiku stole custom's treasury dry, used Govt stolen money in investing in state's properties. I don't even want to go into OBJ damning revelations against him. Funnily, there have been no indictment concerning Tinubu's wealth either domestically or internationally. Nuhu Ribadu confessed investigating Tinubu both in Nigeria and abroad but found Nothing on him. Therefore, whatever rumors inconsequential people say do not count.

Atiku's customs records say otherwise; among their best performing officers till his retirement.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by DrAkpamudehe: 7:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
femisplash:

U dis silly Afonja man, Atiku's custom records says otherwise. Atiku retired meritoriously from public service and was paid his gratuity and pension in full. If you feel Atiku stole money from your mother's purse or meat from her pot, then you charge him to court or stop defaming him online, otherwise you will be tracked and dealt with according to the law.

Be Guided

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Holybaddo: 7:28pm On Dec 11, 2022
grin grin Everything about Tinubu na lie

Anyway that's not the problem everyone lies

The issue is that He is not good with it but keeps doing it

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Peterobi90: 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2022
Well, this question is not really out of place... if we dont ask for wealth history From leaders, we would only be destroying the future of Nigeria..

Obasanjo - From jail (Zero wealth)
Yar adua - Yar adua family (Family name, Zero wealth)
Goodkuck - Lecturer before politics (Minimal wealth)
Buhari - Military officer (Minimal wealth)

Atiku - Business man(Customs, Company ownerships)
Peter - Business man (Trader, Company ownerships)
Tinubu - ?

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Holybaddo: 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

U dis silly Afonja man, Atiku's custom records says otherwise. Atiku retired meritoriously from public service and was paid his gratuity and pension in full. If you feel Atiku stole money from your mother's purse or meat from her pot, then you charge him to court or stop defaming him o8nline, otherwise you will be tracked and dealt with according to the law.

Be Guided
Tell him ohh
Tinubu speakers are same as their Boss always saying rubbish

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Ojiofor: 7:50pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tinubu inherited Lagos state as his family inheritance and now wish to inherit Nigeria. grin

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by NgwaManeatyou2(m): 7:55pm On Dec 11, 2022
Dear real Nigerians,not those with togolese or Chadian blood, please remember that Tinubu will make your family and friends feel more pain don't vote for him,if you do..it will end in tears for you.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Ritchiee: 8:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
Ojiofor:
Tinubu inherited Lagos state as his family inheritance and now wish to inherit Nigeria. grin
The Lagosians you are begging to accomodate you and your fleeing kith and kin?
We are going to Ragos.. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Afamsi: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
Even a big thief like Atiku knows that Tinubu is a bigger thief

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Hoelujohn: 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
femisplash:
How did he make his money?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by franchasng: 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tinubu shocked
Re: Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? by Racoon(m): 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
Bullion vans politics of course.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adolphus Wabara Buries Wife In Abia, As Ikpeazu, Uzodinma Mourn (Pictures) / Peter Obi Will Not Win Presidential Poll – Prophet Bempah / PDP Reacts To Appointment Of Dead People Into Government Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.