Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,593 members, 7,955,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: (11375 Views)

5 Truths You Should Tell Yourself Before Entering Into A New Relationship / Ambw Relationships/ What It Is Like To Enter Into An Inter-racial Relationship / Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Roland17(m): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
I am really happy to hear this, ur endearing courage to date someone younger than you and to be entirely open about it is very impressive, not all ladies would do that.

You must realize that your relationship is a very sensitive one, because of the factors you have mentioned, that means that you and ur partner must try as much as you can to avoid the influence of a third party in decision making, always strive to sort out ur problems within each other. you must also accept the cultural differences both of u have got and try to assimilate each others culture.

If you are able to handle this factor, i believe all would be well with both of u.

All the best.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by eddy1977(m): 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ poster
hope i am not too late.

be very cautious with this relationship.

take your time before investing ur emotions or money into this.

i ll tell u more when i leave work.

i will give you some signals to watch for. remember its a nigerian man we r talking about here.the most dangerous specie on the african soil.

more to come
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
@claremont

Thank you for the wonderful compliment, I do my best to take care of myself in order to take care of others, and yes i will disregard the negative comments and do as I see fit!

Thank you. smiley
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by ubongekpe(m): 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2011
Can U ask him which local government in Akwa Ibom, Is he from and probally the village, the college he attend and other little info, so that we can do the background check 4 u!

Also find his migration status in Mexico?
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ubong ekpe

Yes I will do that, Thank you very much, for your help, greatly appreciated!

kistehsia smiley
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by koolkamzzy(m): 11:50pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ Ubong Ekpe, what do you need his local government  for? That's his own personal life. Just advise her and stop pokenosing!
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by claremont(m): 11:54pm On Aug 31, 2011
koolkamzzy:

@ Ubong Ekpe, what do you need his local government  for? That's his own personal life. Just advise her and stop pokenosing!
I wonder which "background check" he claims to be capable of doing in Nigeria?! The very same Nigeria we all come from!

1 Like

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by koolkamzzy(m): 11:59pm On Aug 31, 2011
Don't mind him jor. Becos he's also from Akwa Ibom, he's beging to act like a FBI smiley
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by sexsinners(m): 11:59pm On Aug 31, 2011
claremont:

I wonder which "background check" he claims to be capable of doing in Nigeria?! The very same Nigeria we all come from!

God help you

come to my church u will not regret, God still loves you
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 11:59pm On Aug 31, 2011
@claremont

I am wondering so myself, am I not supposed to trust the Man i call my bf, we have exchanged a lot, what check are we talking about before i go divulging personal information about someone i care deeply about?

just curious,
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Roland17(m): 12:29am On Sep 01, 2011
Follow ur heart, keep third party as far as u can, ur relationship is a very sensitive one.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by ubongekpe(m): 12:39am On Sep 01, 2011
B4 being crucify here i don't need those info 2 sale out the guy, but then to be able to advise her, since those premise she gave out are still not enough, come to think of it, if we all will be sincere 2 ourselves wn asking a girl out, there are certain things u find out about her, not just going into blind date.

Am out of this place, but the end will justify the means!!! All the best.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 12:52am On Sep 01, 2011
(Having a Koyoke moment) 

A Nigerian man in Mexico     Be safe in Mexico lipsrsealed    Good luck getting him to Canada.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Lax75(m): 12:52am On Sep 01, 2011
@ Poster and EVERYONE. Why is it that SHE is the one traveling to go see him? Is it that he can't come to Canada? That's kinda suspicious to me.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 12:54am On Sep 01, 2011
Lax75:

@ Poster and EVERYONE. Why is it that SHE is the one traveling to go see him? Is it that he can't come to Canada? That's kinda suspicious to me.

Lax!  I swear you my brother from another mother! 

I didn't want to say nothing but thank you for saying it because they will accuse me of being too vocal.  Thank you boo boo  kiss

It is sad women going to see men on the FIRST MEET.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 12:57am On Sep 01, 2011
To put some things to rest, I am going to Mexico, I have friends who live there, it is a holiday for me, and yes he will then come visit here with his VISA, which is in the works, thank you for the concern
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by eddy1977(m): 12:57am On Sep 01, 2011
Red flags.

if he is 7 years younger than you,forget about him.
why should you go to mexico to meet him?why not the other way around?

never disclose your financial standings to him.social security cards,id,home adress and so forth until you know for sure.

the cultural difference and how to make it work will only require patience on both parts.the longer you stick together and discover each other,the easier it will get.

online long distance relationship have a better chance to hold and deliver only if you have at least one thing in common. like religion,scientific appetites or vocations,carreer.but if it's just the usual " i love him.he is so cute " , it doesnt last more than six months.

i hope you and your friend get closer and closer and that you become a succes story
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 12:59am On Sep 01, 2011
kistehsia:

To put some things to rest, I am going to Mexico, I have friends who live there, it is a holiday for me, and yes he will then come visit here with his VISA, which is in the works, thank you for the concern

If you didn't have any friends in Mexico would you still go see him?
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by coogar: 1:02am On Sep 01, 2011
Lax75:

maybe the guy does not have the resources to travel to canada.
there's nothing wrong in the woman going to meet the man first. . . . .it's the woman that is more likely to be suspicious of what the guy has claimed he does. let her go and find out the man has not lied to her.

1 Like

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 1:02am On Sep 01, 2011
@ Mrs. Chima

No Sir I would not go to Mexico, I would wait till he came here to Canada,

kistehsia
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 1:04am On Sep 01, 2011
kistehsia:

@ Mrs. Chima

No Sir I would not go to Mexico, I would wait till he came here to Canada,

kistehsia

That's what I thought.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 1:06am On Sep 01, 2011
coogar:

maybe the guy does not have the resources to travel to canada.
there's nothing wrong in the woman going to meet the man first. . . . .it's the woman that is more likely to be suspicious of what the guy has claimed he does. let her go and find out the man has not lied to her.

Resources? If he is an engineer with a job then why wouldn't he have the resources?

That's an excuse.

1 Like

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by coogar: 1:09am On Sep 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Resources? If he is an engineer with a job then why wouldn't he have the resources?

That's an excuse.

he will still have to apply for a visa with his nigerian passport(engineer or no engineer).
it's easier for the woman with a canadian/american passport to travel to mexico - it's like strolling.

besides, let's assume the man has told some few lies, how would this woman know the lies he has told if she doesn't go there herself to see what he does, his business and his lifestyle and the kind of company he keeps. the naija man is one liable to be verified here, not the woman.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 1:13am On Sep 01, 2011
coogar:

he will still have to apply for a visa with his nigerian passport(engineer or no engineer).
it's easier for the woman with a canadian/american passport to travel to mexico - it's like strolling.

besides, let's assume the man has told some few lies, how would this woman know the lies he has told if she doesn't go there herself to see what he does, his business and his lifestyle and the kind of company he keeps. the naija man is one liable to be verified here, not the woman.

She will know all of that on a short stay vacation in Mexico?  Let be real. 

She also said if she didn't have a friend in Mexico that she could stay with she wouldn't go. Then how else would she verify his story? Exactly.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Lax75(m): 1:16am On Sep 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

She will know all of that on a short stay vacation in Mexico? Let be real.

Still suspicious to me. Wonders what kind of immigration status he's on in Mexico. I really wonder.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by coogar: 1:18am On Sep 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

She will know all of that on a short stay vacation in Mexico?  Let be real. 

why not? a visit to his place of work would confirm what he claims he does.
the poster is not dumb!

She also said if she didn't have a friend in Mexico that she could stay with she wouldn't go.  Then how else would she verify his story?   Exactly.  

and she would have probably ended the relationship at the start.
maybe what swayed her to go into the relationship was the fact that she knew she could travel to mexico as she pleases.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 1:18am On Sep 01, 2011
Lax75:

Still suspicious to me. Wonders what kind of immigration status he's on in Mexico. I really wonder.  

Work visa.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 1:20am On Sep 01, 2011
coogar:

why not? a visit to his place of work would confirm what he claims he does.
the poster is not dumb!

Oh I forgot boys let women come see them on a first meet.  My bad. 

All bullshit to the side, a real man would have said let me come see you and then all is well you come see me. If he only has a Nigerian passport and a Work Visa then I can see why she is working on getting him a visa.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by coogar: 1:21am On Sep 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Oh I forgot boys let women come see them on a first meet. My bad. Carry on.

he could be busy as well.
he's an engineer. . . . .
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 1:24am On Sep 01, 2011
coogar:

he could be busy as well.
he's an engineer. . . . .

He must not be too busy. lipsrsealed
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by coogar: 1:26am On Sep 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

He must not be too busy.   lipsrsealed

the op is satisfied to make the trip.
you should encourage her and wish her good luck - don't discourage.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Lax75(m): 1:27am On Sep 01, 2011
Hmm, it's ok. I guess time will tell then. Let the poster go on her trip and then come give some feedback. I don't get this whole having a boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife w/out meeting the individual though. Why do people take this BIG risk?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Official Nairaland Valentine's Day Thread / Lagos Girl Displays Erected Nipples On Instagram And Gets People Talking(photos) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.