Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: (11235 Views)

5 Truths You Should Tell Yourself Before Entering Into A New Relationship / Ambw Relationships/ What It Is Like To Enter Into An Inter-racial Relationship / Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by claremont(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2011
[b]Oh Gawd! What does it matter who goes to meet who first?! It's about time we stopped this archaic cave-men mentality that the man must be the one making all the moves in a relationship chess board. The poster has clearly said she doesn't mind going to meet the man, she is a 47 year old mature lady who has recognized the fact that life is a risk. If the poster meets the man, and it works out fine for them, then so be it; if it doesn't work out, the poster is mature enough to handle it.

It's her life, I can't believe some people are carrying their own bigoted hatred for Nigerian men to try to make everyone on earth believe all Nigerians are scam artists or Green card pursuers. If indeed he is doing all this in order to acquire a Canadian visa, the poster has clearly said she already has a plan to bring him to Canada, therefore she is already in knowledge of this. She asked for advice to "make their relationship work", she didn't ask for brazen scrutiny to pick holes in the relationship![/b]

1 Like

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2011
This is a public forum where thousands will browse, read, and express whatever they feel to say at this particular moment.  This has nothing to do with the fact that the man is Nigerian.  It has a lot to do with a woman who has never met the man physically going to another country instead of the man coming to her first even several men agreed that it was suspicious. If the man was white, Asian, Hispanic, and anything else I will tell her the exact same thing.

It seems though some people are guilty of such and flashbacking like a biatch. 

Don't get upset because your brother TOLD the truth about crooked Nigerian men.  That's what many of the people are saying anyways and I am sure OP have heard it many times. 

Again, if you bring your personal business ON A PUBLIC FORUM its become everyone business.  Deal with it.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2011
kistehsia:

@lefulefu

I am looking forward to a long lasting relationship,  we are making sure we do everything right!  I am remaining positive in spite of what others may have to say,  I do not, nor does he find our relationship something to laugh at or make jokes of,  we are very serious about the commitment we wish to make to one another,  We have talked at length and touched on every subject and have a common ground where this relationship lies,  we are very committed to making this work, 

I want to say thank you to all the positive feed back I have received,

kistehsia

As I said be careful and take heed to some things wise.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by deniyor: 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2011
wont work.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2011
Deniyor! You suppose to agree with your brothers! angry angry angry shocked
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by deekay29(m): 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
Mrs Chima pls do some spell checking before killing us with your inept understanding of the English language. We Nigerians are not used to the ignorant rantings of an Uneducated Morbidly Obese, Ugly ahole of an Akata woman who thinks she can throw insults at people as she sees fit.

i Know your kind, if it wasn't for the development of America, someone of your low mentality could never survive anywhere else. i detest dumb bleeps, if you are so smart you would at the very least know how to spell.

Someone you have never met in your life asks for your kind advice, the least you can do is be candid without throwing insults at the OP and other Nairalander's. You wonder why the lot of you are born bastards, at least you can't deny that 7.5 out of 10 are born bastards in the African American community, therefore you wouldn't know how to love or understand it if it were in front of you.
i am done with you
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2011
deekay29:

Mrs Chima pls do some spell checking before killing us with your inept understanding of the English language. We Nigerians are not used to the ignorant rantings of an Uneducated Morbidly  Obese, Ugly ahole of an Akata woman who thinks she can throw insults at people as she sees fit.

i Know your kind, if it wasn't for the development of America, someone of your low mentality could never survive anywhere else. i detest dumb bleeps, if you are so smart you would at the very least know how to spell.

Someone you have never met in your life asks for your kind advice, the least you can do is be candid without throwing insults at the OP and other Nairalander's. You wonder why the lot of you are born bastards, at least you can't deny that 7.5 out of 10 are born bastards in the African American community, therefore you wouldn't know how to love or understand it if it were in front of you.
i am done with you

You just contradicted yourself.  You want to try again?  I suggest you tell your brothers not to get those morbid obese and uneducated white women they seems to be chasing in droves.

lipsrsealed

Please be done for real and go change back into your known user name.  Thank you for taking the time to correct any errors.  You will not be compensated.  You understood enough to respond. 

And there are a lot of white women in America walking around with fatherless half black kids  while their African ex husbands are back in Africa showering their African wives with the fruit of labor they have endured with those white women. You also spoke about bastard children in America why the hell YOUR PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA had to enforce a law to get sorry arsed Nigerian men to own up and not leaving their bastard children?   

If it wasn't for slavery and their hard work.  Your people wouldn't even have the chance to immigrate to America and reap the benefit.   wink

Both issues are not my problem.  My comments still stand.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2011
@OP

I am into interracial relationship! What it takes to make it worthwhile  is to have great understanding and patient if you really know the partner is for real. I take time to educate my girl about my father traditions and my people. Well, we are into the relationship for some months now and it turns out to be interesting. Let respect also be the watchword !

1 Like

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2011
@all4naija

I am very happy to hear that you are willing to share your life and culture with another person not of your race, I have always shared my life with other races and have adopted them into my home, I have also done my best to learn of their culture, they and and myself have become a special blend, I want very much to learn of my Man's culture and traditions, I look forward to it, as far as respect, that goes with out saying, and please why the emphasis there, it should be a given, no?. Could you please tell your views on Nigerian Man/ White woman relationships, I am curious, and anything else you wish to tell me that may help in making my relationship work.

thank you
kistehsia

1 Like

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by pendo89(f): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2011
all4naija:

@OP

I am into interracial relationship! What it takes to make it worthwhile  is to have great understanding and patient if you really know the partner is for real. I take time to educate my girl about my father traditions and my people. Well, we are into the relationship for some months now and it turns out to be interesting. Let respect also be the watchword !

I love that part.

I think if I were in the op shoes I would let the dude fly down to canada first. work out the visa and let him come.That will make me feel safer than going to meet him in a far land.
If money is the issue, then all4naija said it well,It takes patience and understanding.
And if he is not patient enough with me,then theres nothing that I can do.

1 Like

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2011
pendo89:

I love that part.

I think if I were in the op shoes I would let the dude fly down to canada first. work out the visa and let him come.That will prove a few things.
If money is the issue, then all4naija said it well,It takes patience and understanding.
And if you are not patient enough then feel free.

That's all Lax75 and I was saying.  Let him come SEE HER FIRST and if it work out then go visit him at his stomping ground wherever that is.   

Why is she helping a grown man get a visa to come see her?  Nevertheless, you said the key phrase. If you are not patient enough then feel free.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by pendo89(f): 5:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

That's all Lax75 and I was saying.  Let him come SEE HER FIRST and if it work out then go visit him at his stomping ground wherever that is.   

Why is she helping a grown man get a visa to come see her?  Nevertheless, you said the key phrase. If you are not patient enough then feel free.

You are right.let him be man enough and come down.

If he loves me that much as he claims he would do it. But if I did it I would look desperate.

Let the man take the lead.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2011
pendo89:

You are right.let him be man enough and come down.

If he loves me that much as he claims he would do it. But if I did it I would look desperate.

Let the man take the lead.

Exactly.  One minute these boys pound their chest about women being too Modern and the next minute they are pushing Women Liberation.  WTF. 

Well. he can't take lead because he doesn't have the resources nor the visa.   That's why she is helping the grown man. 

It also sound like a mother and son relationship.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
@kistehsia

Having love for distance person I believe is challenging that's why I input respect because it keeps love going strong,I am not into that category though. Another thing is that most guys having problems in their interracial relationship usually complain of that.

My simple advice would be to ask your partner many questions as necessarily possible .  Don't listen to hearsay and be very diligent in letting him know how you feel(women are blessed with instincts in relationship than men - I guess). Ask him what he thinks about the age difference. I am about 3 years older than my girl and she find it very comfortable - which I asked her in the few times we first met!

I only know about few Nigerian men/White women relationship. Some turn out good while some end up into separation and complaints. It is matter of those really involved in the relationship - I guess- is most important.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2011
And keeping their business personal and off a public forum may help too.  I was also wondering why would she ask strangers for advice instead of talking to the guy in Mexico about what HE THINKS of the relationship.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
It appears I will mot be needing to go to Mexico as his visa will be ready by the end of October, so I am staying put!  Will patiently wait for his arrival.

We talk a lot, about different things and we have talked at length about my my age and reassures me it is not an issue so we have agreed the subject is to not be brought up again.   It was an insecurity of mine and I am dealing with it, the inter-racial part never crossed my mind it was the age gap that hindered me.  I look forward to learning about my Man and he about me, it is a journey we have the rest of our lives to travel.

kistehsia

1 Like

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2011
kistehsia:

It appears I will mot be needing to go to Mexico as his visa will be ready by the end of October, so I am staying put!  Will patiently wait for his arrival.

We talk a lot, about different things and we have talked at length about my my age and reassures me it is not an issue so we have agreed the subject is to not be brought up again.   It was an insecurity of mine and I am dealing with it, the inter-racial part never crossed my mind it was the age gap that hindered me.  I look forward to learning about my Man and he about me, it is a journey we have the rest of our lives to travel.

kistehsia

That's good you are staying home. Learn all you can about him in a physical sense and good luck. wink
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2011
@kistehsia

Good! I still think women are blessed with instincts than men in relationship! Take good care of yourself! Enjoy your good relationship.

I still think white women know what they want in relationship than our blacks!I am not spiting at anybody - the truth is bitter!
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2011
In that case, I can say the same about black men not knowing that they want in a relationship either.

The truth is bitter!
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^^^
Do you remember the time you used to play hard to get!?

grin grin grin! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy!
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2011
all4naija:

^^^^
Do you remember the time you used to play hard to get!?

grin grin grin! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy!

I don't play hard to get.  I don't believe in rushing foolishly.   grin grin grin grin They say good things come to though who wait sensibly. tongue

Young girls play hard to get and the old and desperate play easy to get.   cheesy
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^^^
It even shows in your comment. Good things come to those who wait sensibly. Doesn't necessarily mean you have to play hard to get!

My girl is 19, she didn't play hard to get. She knows who I am and quite understand! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2011
all4naija:

^^^^
My girl is 19, she didn't play hard to get. She knows who I am and quite understand! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I guess 5 years is enough time to know someone kid.   lipsrsealed

Desperation come in all shapes. sizes, ages, and colors. wink
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2011
all4naija:

^^^^
It even shows in your comment. Good things come to those who wait sensibly. Doesn't necessarily mean you have to play hard to get!

When is the wedding?  You do know what you want right and you also said you are teaching her your father's traditions so I am sure marriage is one of them. wink
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by claremont(m): 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
kistehsia:

It appears I will mot be needing to go to Mexico as his visa will be ready by the end of October,  so I am staying put!  Will patiently wait for his arrival.

We talk a lot, about different things and we have talked at length about my my age and reassures me it is not an issue so we have agreed the subject is to not be brought up again.   It was an insecurity of mine and I am dealing with it,  the inter-racial part never crossed my mind it was the age gap that hindered me.  I look forward to learning about my Man and he about me,  it is a journey we have the rest of our lives to travel.

kistehsia
Age has often been described as "mind over matter"; if either of you don't mind about the age gap, then it doesn't really matter. The main challenge I see in inter-racial relationships doesn't lie with either parties, but rather, it lies with how they will manage the narrow-mindedness of ignorant people who choose to criticize them. If both of you are mature enough to deal with the ignorant insults and vile emanating from narrow-minded jealous bigots, then I don't see anything preventing your relationship from succeeding. There are risks in every step we take in life, and the greatest of all men/ladies are those who will still keep on taking steps forward regardless of the risks therein.

I can see that you have been able to handle maturely the immature nature of some of the respondents to your thread, and that is the way you should behave outside the confines of this forum. Good luck, and may the gods be with you! cool

1 Like

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2011
@Mrs.Chima

I am teaching her about my traditions don't have anything to do with hard-to-get girls! Nigerian girls need to learn something about men and what they want. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 6:04pm On Sep 01, 2011
They say the guilty ones are always the loudest.

She would definitely need God in this one.   cheesy
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 6:08pm On Sep 01, 2011
all4naija:

@Mrs.Chima

I am teaching her about my traditions don't have anything to do with hard-to-get girls! Nigerian girls need to learn something about men and what they want. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Nigerian girls need to learn something about men? undecided I see Nigerian men working hard to earn enough dowry and bride fees just to marry Nigerian girls. Even the ones from aboard coming home to these Nigerian girls after years of investing.

Nigerian girls seem to be doing just fine the way they have been carrying on. cheesy
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2011
all4naija:

@Mrs.Chima

You said your girl knows what she want and know you.  Why not get marry?
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^^^
Okay! I give up! You've won!This what women are good at!Hard to win them in argument -bringing different sides to it!
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by MrsChima(f): 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
all4naija:

^^^^
Okay! I give up! You've won!This what women are good at!Hard to win them in argument -bringing different sides to it!
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

If you ever need practice, type me up.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by snakova(m): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
hope u haven't been sending him any money. The fraudsters usually pretend to be into you initially, then you start getting monetary requests. When he feels he's had enough, he cuts off contact completely. take care

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Romance Section Most Controversial Characters & Scandals Of 2015 / Why Do Dogs Stay Stuck Together After Sex? / I Proved Sturborn, She Puts Porn on And Make Me Watch Just To Seduce Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.