Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,358 members, 7,843,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Would You Date An Atheist? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date An Atheist? (13819 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? / Would You Date An Older Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by babyitsu: 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2011
I would not see anything bad in having an atheist friend,  but it has to stop there. I would NOT date an atheist,  how much more, marriage.

My bible says I should not be equally yoked with unbelievers and that is what I would staunchly follow. As far as I am concerned, atheists deny their origin and I would NEVER be romantically associated with such a being.

SHIKENA!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by kpolli(m): 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2011
No
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by SAGoddess: 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
pinkrex:

I just wanted to know sweetie,

If you are from the west then I can understand why you think the way you are thinking. 'Bunch of brainwashed i.diots' that dont even have a clue as to why they were created undecided undecided undecided

No worries, I am good. . . . .  .fortunately I am not one of the brainwashed "e-diots" I just don't like people imposing their ideas and beliefs on others. . . .
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Zodiac61(m): 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2011
pinkrex:

If you are from the west then I can understand why you think the way you are thinking. 'Bunch of brainwashed i.diots' that dont even have a clue as to why they were created undecided undecided undecided
Says one i.diot who is brainwashed by the bible and his pastor.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by MissyB3(f): 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2011
SA Goddess:

These so-called Christians are always so judgemental and think their beliefs are superior to everyone else'. . . . . .
Lmao! On this thread, who is judging who? If my eyes aren't failing me, you lot [atheists] are the ones arguing every answer that is negative to the question. Why?  cheesy

SA Goddess:

most are so narrow-minded and will wield the Bible whenever a discussion gets too heavy for them, surely the Bible is not the only book of reference.  
The Bible is our book of reference.

SA Goddess:

There is freedom of association in this world and if one chooses religion, great for them but let others BE!
Good! Tell your brothers to let those that say No be, and give up writing long missives to prove whatever point.  cheesy
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Eltonluigi(m): 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2011
Atheism is a non-prophet religion!!!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by shesi(m): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2011
The Nigerian Enigma. How can a people profess such religiousness and yet their society filled with so much malice. fascinating.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by pinkrex(m): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2011
Zodiac61:

Says one i.diot who is brainwashed by the bible and his pastor.

See say you dey be! pass your shadow. I dont blame you o.

FYI, who says i'm a christian?

If you so much believe in your science and atheism why havnt you created a life??
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2011
harakiri:

***scratches head***

Er, Can you explain the correlation between a rock and an Atheist? I'm kinda confused here.

Maybe you should scratch your head and explain how you saw a correlation between a US Senator and Gaddafi.

You were confused when your made that comparison?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
Greenslim:

is like marrying a fool

You come across as a moooron for that fooolish statement.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2011
SA Goddess:

No worries, I am good. . . . .  .fortunately I am not one of the brainwashed "e-diots" I just don't like people imposing their ideas and beliefs on others. . . .

You must be referring to the atheist,here,but you keep mentioning
the Christians,as if you have something against Christianity.
go and see how the Muslims defend their religion as it is,Your post sounded
judgemental,biased and one-sided.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by harakiri(m): 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
shesi:

The Nigerian Enigma. How can a people profess such religiousness and yet their society filled with so much malice.  fascinating.

It never fails to baffle me.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by MissyB3(f): 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sagamite:

Maybe you should scratch your head and explain how you saw a correlation between a US Senator and Gaddafi.

You were confused when your made that comparison?
Lmao! You're not serious . . .You and wahala!  grin  grin  grin
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by pinkrex(m): 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2011
SA Goddess:

Still wondering about the part of this globe you come from undecided undecided

But really, are you from South Africa?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
pendo89:

Anything formed is a creature. Am one.
An aethist is simply a creature who denies his creator.
Its like preparing a report then it rejects you as the author.
Until one recognises His creator anything they do and say doesn't make much sense.

They are lost in their own human wisdom which is nothing but foolishness to God the creator.
Aetheists are good people yeah, they contribute a lot to nation building, amazing discoveries etc etc.
But that's where it ends. They just cant understand the most simple of all things called Faith.
Anyway .Its a world of choices.

I must marry one who acknolewdges his creator and gives Him due respect. its as simple as that.

What utter load of junk!

You want to prove the highlighted?

How did you know? You know God? How do you know God and what he wants?

Missy ★ B:

Lmao! You're not serious . . .You and wahala!  grin  grin  grin

It is shocking to see a coward that made a stewpid statement, and ran when his intellectual God got there to question him, now be trying to oppress another person for a completely identical, stewpid statement.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sagamite kindly STFU and get outta here,if you have nothing reasonable to say,
but to keep attacking everyone,WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? oh M.O.D of NL my
pretty foot.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 2:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
Goldieluks:

Sagamite kindly STFU and get outta here,if you have nothing reasonable to say,
but to keep attacking everyone,WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? oh M.O.D of NL my
pretty foot.

You are reetarded!

I was still coming to you with your stewpid contribution so far.

So how do you know God, tithe-paying-pastor-in-private-jet ediot?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by BABE3: 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2011
Atheists are awesome peopleS. I have them as friends, so I might as well date one. Marry? If he's the "perfect" guy, I'm so gonna marry him---  

The only diff. I see between me and an atheist is that, I have a better Insurance policy, or rather I have an insurance and they don't.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by globexl: 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2011
I am an athiest, my wife is a born again christian, we have each other for 18 yrs and have been married for 14yrs. I actually went to her church just to toast to her the first time I saw her. We have lively debates about faith and religion, but at the end we just make jokes of each other. We have a good relationship founded on love, respect and honesty.Our differences have never been an issue in our relationship. We are both involved in lots of charity work(shockingly, churches are missing in action when it comes to charity work). We had a tradional and a court wedding. Wei did not want our  sacred vows sanctified by any thieving pastor. No church child dedications because we  prefered the honest Blessings of our parents than in the creepy hands and  perverted hearts of the churchmen.
iIattend church with her once in while to see if i could learn something new or to reinforce my virtous qualities but I'm always dissapointed at the end of the service. They spend 1 hr singing and dancing, then the pastor spends another 1hr talking about himself and then the next hour talking about the devil and the last hour trying to pick people's pockets. same routine each time I go there. same old same old . what else is new?
Her chrich memebers are actually the ones always trying to put a wedge between us on account of my lack of faith.

On our children, I allow them to go tto church so they can have a background knowledge of what religion is about before they begin to reson. they have already started asking me some interesting question like : Who created god?, Where is heaven, Why doesn't god just kill the devil(lol), and so on. I am pleased that they have taken after me and asking simple but serious questions.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by SAGoddess: 2:54pm On Sep 01, 2011
Goldieluks:
pinkrex link=topic=749074.msg9055378#msg9055378 date=1314884818:

Still wondering about the part of this globe you come from undecided undecided

But really, are you from South Africa?

I am from Africa  cheesy

You must be referring to the atheist,here,but you keep mentioning
the Christians,as if you have something against Christianity.
go and see how the Muslims defend their religion as it is,Your post sounded
judgemental,biased and one-sided.

I mentioned Christianity but actually it is staunch believers of any religion who think they are superiour to others. . . .no I have nothing against Christians or any other religion for that matter. . . . . . .my comments are not based on judgement but observation!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sagamite:

You are reetarded!

I was still coming to you with your stewpid contribution so far.

So how do you know God?

You are obviously mentally challenged,
as a result of excessive cannabis intake .
Aboki bozo.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
Goldieluks:

You are obviously mentally challenged,
as a result of excessive cannabis intake .
Aboki bozo.

You are stewpid!

Answer the question. How do you know what God wants, tithe-paying-pastor-in-private-jet ediot?

BABE!:

Atheists are awesome peopleS. I have them as friends, so I can as well date one. Marry? If he's the "perfect" guy, I'm so gonna marry him---  

The only diff. I see between me and an atheist is that, I have a better Insurance policy, or rather I have an insurance and they don't.

Correction: You have an insurance policy. You don't know if it is better. It might end up being a waste of "resources".
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by juman(m): 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2011
Never
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Goldieluks: 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sagamite:

You are stewpid!

Answer the question. How do you know what God wants, tithe-paying-pastor-in-private-jet ediot?

Correction: You have an insurance policy. You don't know if it is better. It might end up being a waste of "resources".

You are the one who's obviously clueless,stop viewing the world
from your prison window.boko haram.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by pendo89(f): 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2011
harakiri:

It never fails to baffle me.

I am not nigerian and nver bn there,but its not soo much a nigerian issue.I will tell you the reason though.

Religion is a man-made tool to try and reach out to God. Faith on the other hand is God's attempt to reach out to man. See the difference?
No wonder you see all these conflicts you talk about cz they are man-made.Still the reason you call them religious wars.
So you are right but you now know, that the reason behind it is cz religion is about Man, while Faith is about God.

Since you do not believe in Bible or God, I cannot even begin to tell you the reason for those biblical wars. you already have your own interpretation.
What you must know is that to fully understand/Interpret the Bible you need Revelation and Faith.Not only human knowledge.
Why? cz God is a spirit and spiritual things are spiritually discerned.The bible is also inspired by God(spirit) so how do u even attempt to interpret it with your own small mind?Its a total waste of time trying to understand and interpret scriptures using your carnal mind cz its too limited to comprehend anything.
What you end up doing is pass wrong judgements and conclusions.

These societal problems are man-made not God made. For heavens sake we cant make wrong policies elect wrong leaders make foolish decisions then sry foul at God's feet? He gave you a mind to think not to act silly. Lets not scatter him everywhere.

Sagamite:

You want to prove the highlighted?

How did you know? You know God? How do you know God and what he wants?

Sagamite.Listen and listen good.

I know because I know. I know what He wants cz He lives in me.
If you cant take that.please rest your mind cz I avoid debates about God's existence.
If its suits you just believe He doesnt exist ok. Am very much at peace with that and prefer being called foolish.
I am fool for believing He exists.Happy? smiley
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Zodiac61(m): 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
BABE!:

Atheists are awesome peopleS. I have them as friends, so I can as well date one. Marry? If he's the "perfect" guy, I'm so gonna marry him---  

The triumph of hope over reality. You hope you have an insurance policy. You don't.
You don't need one, once you are dead, you are dead.
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2011
Goldieluks:

You are the one who's obviously clueless,stop viewing the world
from your prison window.boko haram.

Shut up, foool!

Half-wit illiterate, dogmatically spewing some things written by some medieval people.

You can't answer the question?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Shersky: 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2011
I'd give everything to marry an agnostic Nigerian female! But sadly, they are non-existent here! Na myth! Dem no dey 4 9ja at all!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Sagamite(m): 3:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
pendo89:

Religion is a man-made tool to try and reach out to God. Faith on the other hand is God's attempt to reach out to man. See the difference?

Can you prove that? Or is that mere dogmatic conjecture?
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by kpolli(m): 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sagamite:

You are stewpid!

So ur judging Christianity based one pastor. . . .

It is obvious you have never experienced a miracle or u dunno how to appreciate one. . . .

Wake up, u didn't create the world. . . Someone did and He aint human. . . .

Because if we evolved, by now humans wud have grown wings
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
smiley smiley smiley!
Re: Would You Date An Atheist? by Cuddlemii: 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
Never. Even in my crazy self, I still wanna make heaven so bad. So I don't let my sinful ways go beyond 30%. Dating an atheist is romancing an unbeliever with another god, that should get me to 90% on sin-meter cos we are exchanging spirit as we have fun.

So I like my solo life. My sins are with my utterances 30% and not intimacy (which would take me to 45% depending on the duration & velocity, you need an extra meter for that).

30% is fair to me. Atheist ke, I wont sleep well shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? / My Girlfriend Won't Tell Me What's On Her Mind / There Is This Girl I Love But I Do Not Know How To Express My Feelings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.