Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,984 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (164945 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:16am On Jan 03, 2014
busar: Not what you are thinking sister. That should be the last resort. Just a soft push/hit in o, not the one you are used to wink

What you are used to?

No. I don't have sick people around me. I can never get used to this nonsense. I will never even have to know of it.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:16am On Jan 03, 2014
Sissie: @deols we live in a violent society. People abusing each other.

Some men who are not yet married think its oK to beat their wives as a corrective measure.
Some women think so too.

If its ok t physically abuse a woman when angry, then its ok for a woman to nag/shout at him too, and emotionally abuse him when she's angry.

and the cycle continues...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Pelummy(f): 10:18am On Jan 03, 2014
busar: you are missing something here
what if I may ask?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:26am On Jan 03, 2014
Sissie: SMH so stopping a man from going out and breaking his phone is now enough reason to get beaten!!!!!
How dare she, she should be beaten to the extent she would have to be treated in the hospital next time ko ni dan wo.

Where do this people come from, better people living in dream land than indirect domestic violence supporters.

Amazing isn't it?. People are a product of many things. But some can decide to be different from what they have always known or choose to let it continue.

So a woman would get up all of a sudden and decide he wont go out? What did he do to that extent?

Even if he didnt do anything, Are there no other ways of resolving such an issue? how about letting her go if she is such a pain. Why keep her for another beating.

I am done on talking this disgusting matter.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:35am On Jan 03, 2014
Sissie: SMH so stopping a man from going out and breaking his phone is now enough reason to get beaten!!!!!
How dare she, she should be beaten to the extent she would have to be treated in the hospital next time ko ni dan wo.

Where do this people come from, better people living in dream land than indirect domestic violence supporters.

Where did you see that I said she should be beaten?

I will ignore the fact that you have not addressed the initial question and tell you this: It is unrealistic positions like yours that lead to murder. The man or woman take years of abuse because they do not want to be called names and one day they cannot take it anymore and just snap! The unthinkable happens.

Why would anyone insist on misbehaving and then require other people to bend over backwards and just accept it? Maybe it happens in Lalaland but in the real world actions bring about reactions.

People want to be treated like queens and act like miscreants? The world does not work that way.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:40am On Jan 03, 2014
Sissie: @deols we live in a violent society. People abusing each other.

Some men who are not yet married think its oK to beat their wives as a corrective measure.
Some women think so too.

If its ok t physically abuse a woman when angry, then its ok for a woman to nag/shout at him too, and emotionally abuse him when she's angry.

@bolded, have you been reading my posts at all or are you posting prepared responses for #BadOgreMaclatunji #LOL
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
maclatunji:

Where did you see that I said she should be beaten?

I will ignore the fact that you have not addressed the initial question and tell you this: It is unrealistic positions like yours that lead to murder. The man or woman take years of abuse because they do not want to be called names and one day they cannot take it anymore and just snap! The unthinkable happens.

Why would anyone insist on misbehaving and then require other people to bend over backwards and just accept it? Maybe it happens in Lalaland but in the real world actions bring about reactions.

People want to be treated like queens and act like miscreants? The world does not work that way.

@bolded I do not need to answer the question, where did I state that the man/woman should take the abuse. If someone marries a toxic person you seek for solutions to it or leave the marriage, and don't let the person turn you into a toxic person.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
maclatunji:

@bolded, have you been reading my posts at all or are you posting prepared responses for #BadOgreMaclatunji #LOL

Bwahahaha hilarious.

Prepared response at you!!!!!! That was a response to deols not you.

undecided
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
deols:
Amazing isn't it?. People are a product of many things. But some can decide to be different from what they have always known or choose to let it continue.
So a woman would get up all of a sudden and decide he wont go out? What did he do to that extent?
Even if he didnt do anything, Are there no other ways of resolving such an issue? how about letting her go if she is such a pain. Why keep her for another beating.
I am done on talking this disgusting matter.

Yes it is, true.

There's always underlying issues.

Conflict resolution between spouse is stated in the Qur'an, have they tried all the other ways of resolving such an issue. Is marriage a do or die affair? Why stay married to someone who is a huge trial and may lead someone to commiting kufr and even make Al Jannah shaky, instead of helping each other towards Al jannah.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
Sissie:

@bolded I do not need to answer the question, where did I state that the man/woman should take the abuse. If a someone marries a toxic person you seek for solutions to it or leave the marriage, and don't let the person turn you into a toxic person.

Solutions like? You see, it is easy to make sweeping comments and feel cool about them. Me I like applying concepts to real life hence, my example.

If you are not going to address the question, there is no need to throw tantrums at the responses people give to it.

Seriously though, I would like your thoughts on the scenario especially with this your concept of toxicity. I know we can have a beneficial conversation instead of turning the thread to a mudslinging match.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
maclatunji:

Solutions like? You see, it is easy to make sweeping comments and feel cool about them. [/b]Me I like applying concepts to real life hence, my example.

If you are not going to address the question, [b]there is no need to throw tantrums at the responses people give to it.

Seriously though, I would like your thoughts on the scenario especially with this your concept of toxicity. I know we can have a beneficial conversation instead of turning the thread to a mudslinging match.

@bolded is among the reason why I do not bother to answer or have a beneficial conversation with you. I prefer to ignore.
I only have conversations or arguments when I think it's worth it.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
^However, throwing tantrums is "worth it" tongue
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
Sissie:

Bwahahaha hilarious.

Prepared response at you!!!!!! That was a response to deols not you.

undecided

Funny grin

I was looking for the head and tail of the conversation but did not find it.

Can we have something else to talk about please?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
deols:

Funny grin

I was looking for the head and tail of the conversation but did not find it.

grin yes please.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
deols:

Maybe someone should give us a Nasheed or something else. We need it in here. cheesy Just kidding.

Am sick of all these theories . Y' all should get married and give us the "kids" some feedback on how to handle things. We do need it.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
Danmas:
I know Deols and Sissie have answer to this. Where are they?

Apparently, they do not have an answer. #Telling #Instructive #LOL
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 3:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
onegig:

Maybe someone should give us a Nasheed or something else. We need it in here. cheesy

This got me laughing. Do not mind me but some of the sentiments that prevail here when there is "peace and harmony" are #Naive #Impractical #Unreliable #Dangerous... I am sure you get the picture.

Every action film needs a bad guy. Apparently, I am the one in this film. #Hehehe
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
^bwahaha over-rated much.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 3:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
onegig:

Maybe someone should give us a Nasheed or something else. We need it in here. cheesy Just kidding.

Am sick of all these theories . Y' all should get married and give us the "kids" some feedback on how to handle things. We do need it.

Don't worry shidren. I will come and tell you how sweet!!! marriage is smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 3:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
Sissie: ^bwahaha over-rated much.

You are making me laugh too much..

hahahhahahhaha. a deliberate attempt at appearing 'like a man' is definitely not manly. It reeks of a lack of something vital.

Hahahhaha..

I av bn laffn too mush these days.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 3:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
I so much want to get married right now.

It feels so so so right!!!

but I have one small hurdle to cross. After it, yes!!!! I'd probably have stopped nairalanding.

or I'll show up once in a while wink
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
deols:

You are making me laugh too much..

hahahhahahhaha. a deliberate attempt at appearing 'like a man' is definitely not manly. It reeks of a lack of something vital.

Hahahhaha..

I av bn laffn too mush these days.

Not manly at all. grin grin wink
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
deols: I so much want to get married right now.

It feels so so so right!!!

but I have one small hurdle to cross. After it, yes!!!! I'd probably have stopped nairalanding.

or I'll show up once in a while wink

It's wedding season, attended a wedding the highlight was the polo tournament organized by the groom's friend, last week it was so much fun, my friends and I talked about getting married and stuff, so am at the phase where I feel like getting married like right now.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
Life is not just black and white, there are many shades of gray. It is not just between abuse and non-abuse.

Some women are crazy and difficult to deal with, they will test the limits of your patience. Some men only know how to use their fists to solve problems.

In the middle are the rest.

Islam expects a very high level of patience from men. There are many steps recommended in dealing with a difficult wife before a light hit that does not leave a mark or cause pain and is not on the face can be used if necessary.

The messenger never beat his wives so all muslim men should aspire to that.

The last time, I fought was almost 20 years ago. Totally rusty grin grin. I can't afford to let my inexperience be exposed. grin

May Allah grant us spouses that will be the coolness of our eyes.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
Salamulayi alaikum waramotullah wabarakatuhu......

#TeamSINGLE
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
Sissie:

Not manly at all. grin grin wink

I have been expecting this for some posts now.

Women 1 Moment: "Oh! He is such a monster and mean".

Women 2nd Moment: "He is not manly at all".

Most of you should stop being confused already. cheesy

By the way Sissie, you have not noticed that I am toying with you here?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
tbaba1234: Life is not just black and white, there are many shades of gray. It is not just between abuse and non-abuse.

Some women are crazy and difficult to deal with, they will test the limits of your patience. Some men only know how to use their fists to solve problems.

In the middle are the rest.

Islam expects a very high level of patience from men. There are many steps recommended in dealing with a difficult wife before a light hit that does not leave a mark or cause pain and is not on the face can be used if necessary.

The messenger never beat his wives so all muslim men should aspire to that.

The last time, I fought was almost 20 years ago. Totally rusty grin grin. I can't afford to let my inexperience be exposed. grin

May Allah grant us spouses that will be the coolness of our eyes.

I agree (Ameen).

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
What's happening in here undecided
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 3:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
ueskman: Salamulayi alaikum waramotullah wabarakatuhu......

#TeamSINGLE

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Are you "Kaptain Single", defender of singles from drudgery of singleness? cheesy

That your hash tag is somehow. #Joking
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
maclatunji:

I have been expecting this for some posts now.

Women 1 Moment: "Oh! He is such a monster and mean".

Women 2nd Moment: "He is not manly at all".

Most of you should stop being confused already. cheesy

By the way Sissie, you have not noticed that I am toying with you here?

There is a moment 1.5, between moments 1 and 2.

Are we confused?!

Are you?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
Only weak men hit and abuse their women. I'm very intolerant of such actions.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
deols:

Don't worry shidren. I will come and tell you how sweet!!! marriage is smiley

No worries. A always a firm believer of it being sweet and enjoyable.

But dont go locking "him" indoors tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.