Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (165384 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fulaman198:

A happy wife means a happy life. I would do anything for her if I truly love her. No matter what happens, loving someone means you are going to be there for them no matter what situation they are in. A husband supports his wife, and vice versa. A wife is a husband's best friend and lifetime partner. You are always supposed to have your wives back 24/7.
Can she do something for you if the needs arises?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: Can she do something for you if the needs arises?

You would have to be more specific. Marriage isn't something where you can just abuse your spouse. You have to be gentle and kind to your wife. She is your wife! You can not treat her like some servant or someone who is beneath you.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fulaman198:

You would have to be more specific. Marriage isn't something where you can just abuse your spouse. You have to be gentle and kind to your wife. She is your wife! You can not treat her like some servant or someone who is beneath you.
l know. I'm the type that do not deceive myself as a comfirmed Lagos boy(born,breed,eat,sleep),infact everything about me is Lagos. I would not tell my lady what I can't do because I want to marry her!never!! loI .l know that's your own ways but wait ooo,I thought your tribe love their animal more than wifey as Independently garnered by me over time??
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: l know. I'm the type that do not deceive myself as a comfirmed Lagos boy(born,breed,eat,sleep),infact everything about me is Lagos. I would not tell my lady what I can't do because I want to marry her!never!! loI .l know that's your own ways but wait ooo,I thought your tribe love their animal more than wifey as Independently garnered by me over time??

I hope that is not a joke man.

Fulani men love their women (whether the women are Fulani are not). The Mbororo'en even have the Gerewol ceremonies where the women pick out the man whom they think is best suited for them.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fulaman198:

A happy wife means a happy life. I would do anything for her if I truly love her. No matter what happens, loving someone means you are going to be there for them no matter what situation they are in. A husband supports his wife, and vice versa. A wife is a husband's best friend and lifetime partner. You are always supposed to have your wives back 24/7.

true
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fulaman198:

I hope that is not a joke man.

Fulani women love their women (whether the women are Fulani are not). The Mbororo'en even have the Gerewol ceremonies where the women pick out the man whom they think is best suited for them.
According to my sources,I was told that if a cow die and a wife died,they would grieve the cow more than the wlfey and that relocation is necessary in this case because they'll think the environs is not conducive to them.We have had several cases where killing a cow leads to wanton destruction of houses, properties and life and if it happen that a person died,nothing will happen... I think I have to stop here so that I ll not be termed ethnic bigots.. I have lots in the offing but for the sake of what binds us together!!!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
maclatunji:

Self-restraint a.k. a. discipline.

Sometimes people take their spouses for granted thinking: "He/She is so in love with me that he/she cannot look at other people". It is a big mistake because you are not the only person with the qualities the other person finds attractive.

Biggest mistake someone would make. So because he/she loves you stop making an effort?

Their eye go clear. Don't worry someone outside is ready and willing to help you "maintain" and shower them with lots of love.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
deols:

I didnt understand you at first but I must say that this makes much sense.
Yes na. You aren't expected to be straining your neck to look at the other yard when you have made your choice.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fulaman198:

Very noble ideals my only sincere problem with people with this "love conquers everything" thoughts is that they are sometimes too far away from reality. I just hope and pray you can match the thoughts with equal actions. Amin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: Very noble ideals my only sincere problem with people with this "love conquers everything" thoughts is that they are sometimes too far away from reality. I just hope and pray you can match the thoughts with equal actions. Amin

If he says it with this much dedication, practicing it would not be a problem.

People I have problems with are the 'idealists' who are too comfortable with what position they think the world is and fail to dream of a better world. Your dreams are what you become. If you dont ever dream big, you cant make it big.
Fulaman198 is more likely to be good to his wife because he has the thoughts and can easily make it happen than some1 who never thought that, ideal.

And dreaming his way is very different from being unrealistic.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: According to my sources,I was told that if a cow die and a wife died,they would grieve the cow more than the wlfey and that relocation is necessary in this case because they'll think the environs is not conducive to them.We have had several cases where killing a cow leads to wanton destruction of houses, properties and life and if it happen that a person died,nothing will happen... I think I have to stop here so that I ll not be termed ethnic bigots.. I have lots in the offing but for the sake of what binds us together!!!

No that's just wrong man, to Fulani people, cattle is like money. Just like to most people money is very important cattle is very important. We measure our wealth by our cattle.

We use cattle sometimes to even pay for things, some people value money more than women just like some people value cattle more than women. Very few Fulani actually value cattle (money) more than their loved ones. We are not materialistic.

Fulani men love and appreciate and celebrate women.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
deols:

People I have problems with are the 'idealists' who are too comfortable with what position they think the world is and fail to dream of a better world. Your dreams are what you become. If you dont ever dream big, you cant make it big.

And dreaming his way is very different from being unrealistic.
You sound like you are giving a speech.

Last time someone gave such speech i went home, slept and dreamt of landing on the moon.

You should know what happened after. Lol.

It's good to dream for something better, it just needs a bit of work to make it a reality. Every good thing does need a bit of hard work.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
Assalam alaykum, the piece you are about to read was inspired by one of deols post, it is therefore dedicated to her as well as the esteemed Muslimaat of this section.

I hope it resonates with you all, and i pray the effect creates that which would be pleasing to the soul.

Allah's pleasure should always be sought, He is the Comforter, and the Cherisher of His beloved.

The Muslimah

Normally, I wouldn't do this,
Perhaps, I should face my work & mind my biz
But I’ve come to know you
I have always known you all my life
The Muslimah, my sister, my pride

How can I be gleeful, when you hurt?
Your tears shed never goes without thought
I dare not look away when you are down,
I have been trained to comfort, and treat you like the queen you really worth

I should never be harsh, nor should I be too docile
I should always be just, and fear Allah in my dealings with you
For If I don't, then I have failed, and I fear Allah's rancour on my soul

When I think of your boldness, I remember ibnata Imrana, the mother of Isa alayhi salama
When the Angel came bringing glad tidings
She was bold, an epitome of righteousness
How can I give birth to a child?
No man has ever touched me, she charged
But such is the way of Allah, The Supreme, The Sublime

And when I see your steadfastness, I remember Sumayah, the first martyr
She gave her life for the deen, she never learnt about Janah,
She only surrendered to the will of Allah
Is Allah not the only one that can reward such a sacrifice?

And when I witness your love for Allah,
I remember the wife of Firaun
Who gave up the dunya for the akhira
Build for me a home in Jannah
And save me from kufr were her lofty words
Words that resounds at every corner of the world and shall remain so till the end of time

These were the iconic women of the past,
And you are the icon of our time
The generation behind thee shall learn
Learn of your boldness and your righteousness,
Learn of your steadfastness and your ultimate love for your Creator.

I am always proud of you
Any day, anytime and anywhere
And so thus I plead,
Never be fooled by the fleeting world's lure
Nor the sweet whispers from the lips of callers impure
You shall remain my sister, the pride of the Ummah
And I'll continue to love you for the sake of Allah

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
maclatunji:

A lot of people do not think like this, the grass always looks greener on the other side but I get your point.

Before long now, someone might say I am an advocate of what I am not. #LOL

I just love to analyse things.

They forget that the grass looks greener on your side when you mow it.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 12:00am On Jul 25, 2014
sino: Assalam alaykum, the piece you are about to read was inspired by one of deols post, it is therefore dedicated to her as well as the esteemed Muslimaat of this section.

I hope it resonates with you all, and i pray the effect creates that which would be pleasing to the soul.

Allah's pleasure should always be sought, He is the Comforter, and the Cherisher of His beloved.

The Muslimah

Normally, I wouldn't do this,
Perhaps, I should face my work & mind my biz
But I’ve come to know you
I have always known you all my life
The Muslimah, my sister, my pride

How can I be gleeful, when you hurt?
Your tears shed never goes without thought
I dare not look away when you are down,
I have been trained to comfort, and treat you like the queen you really worth

I should never be harsh, nor should I be too docile
I should always be just, and fear Allah in my dealings with you
For If I don't, then I have failed, and I fear Allah's rancour on my soul

When I think of your boldness, I remember ibnata Imrana, the mother of Isa alayhi salama
When the Angel came bringing glad tidings
She was bold, an epitome of righteousness
How can I give birth to a child?
No man has ever touched me, she charged
But such is the way of Allah, The Supreme, The Sublime

And when I see your steadfastness, I remember Sumayah, the first martyr
She gave her life for the deen, she never learnt about Janah,
She only surrendered to the will of Allah
Is Allah not the only one that can reward such a sacrifice?

And when I witness your love for Allah,
I remember the wife of Firaun
Who gave up the dunya for the akhira
Build for me a home in Jannah
And save me from kufr were her lofty words
Words that resounds at every corner of the world and shall remain so till the end of time

These were the iconic women of the past,
And you are the icon of our time
The generation behind thee shall learn
Learn of your boldness and your righteousness,
Learn of your steadfastness and your ultimate love for your Creator.

I am always proud of you
Any day, anytime and anywhere
And so thus I plead,
Never be fooled by the fleeting world's lure
Nor the sweet whispers from the lips of callers impure
You shall remain my sister, the pride of the Ummah
And I'll continue to love you for the sake of Allah

This is one of the most beautiful things I have read. Thank you smiley

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 12:25am On Jul 25, 2014
Now, that Sino has written a poem for sisters, (clears throat)

In the spirit of fairplay, (coughs) it is only fair for one of the sisters to write a poem, telling us how awesome muslim men are....

Thank you
AAMM

(Association of Aggreived Muslim Men)

Signed

Tbaba
Chairman

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 3:18am On Jul 25, 2014
tpia1:

on some thread/s, you distinctly asked on more than one occasion, why a woman will complain if her husband takes on other wives.

this was different from your various polygamy topics.

I have never said a woman should never complain if her husband decides he wants a second wife. All I have always said and say is that she should know that Islam permits it and her objections are limited within this scope should he decide to go that route.

How does this translate into preferring polygamy? Do you think that because I personally prefer monogamy, I must automatically bash polygamy?

You are projecting here. #LOL
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 4:15am On Jul 25, 2014
^ lets leave the matter.

you like polygamy, you currently prefer to "go monogamy" right now for reasons best known to you, cool.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 4:16am On Jul 25, 2014
baba11: Are u not tpia 1,2,3,4,5.....10 etc grin

1, 1, 1, 1... 2, 2, 2, 2... 3, 3, 3, 3... 4, 4, 4, 4
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 4:17am On Jul 25, 2014
deols:

is this quote not based on sharkboy and lavagirl?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 4:55am On Jul 25, 2014
deols:

This is one of the most beautiful things I have read. Thank you smiley
Alhamdulilah, glad you liked it and you are welcome.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by sino(m): 5:02am On Jul 25, 2014
tbaba1234: Now, that Sino has written a poem for sisters, (clears throat)

In the spirit of fairplay, (coughs) it is only fair for one of the sisters to write a poem, telling us how awesome muslim men are....

Thank you
AAMM

(Association of Aggreived Muslim Men)

Signed

Tbaba
Chairman
grin grin grin Never knew there is an association o, this one you are coughing and clearing your throat, are you fearing ni? grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 5:07am On Jul 25, 2014
sino:
grin grin grin Never knew there is an association o, this one you are coughing and clearing your throat, are you fearing ni? grin

grin grin What is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

It is all about justice and fairplay, nobody is fighting for men rights.

The marginalization must stop. Join the struggle.

Aluta continua!!!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 5:43am On Jul 25, 2014
here are poems written to Muslim men by Muslim women:

When i get older i want a nice Muslim man
A man who will fulfill my every need
and for eternity hold my hand
through the good and rough times
on rainy days i want to be his sunshine
i want him to know what he wants in life
if he fears Allah
then i have no problem being his wife
When i get older i want a nice Muslim man
who will never back down from anything
then together we shall stand

http://www.best-love-poems.com/poems.php?id=1057719

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 5:44am On Jul 25, 2014
Where are the good men?

The shy girl asked, " Where are the good men ".
A daunting task, I dare comment
Searching from East to West
A leader and protector who impressed

A man true to his Deen
In physical and spiritual being*
His better half he loves to the brim
Meeting a new woman "Excuse me! That's not for him"

The man in the mirror, is not yet that true man
A thing or two he needs to amend
A true man obeys all Allah’s commands
To date only Rasulullah takes that stand**

Is the good man a `rare dying breed'
Countable only by finger tips
To my fellow sisters, don't despair
Keep with Allah and in Jannah you'll find your pair

A true good man not only treats his wife like a Queen
His life revolves around Allah all in
He seeks Jannah, his ultimate dream
The pleasure on earth in not his cream

As life on earth serves as a testing ground
Good and evil do go around
A good man fears none
Neither seeking pleasure nor fun

Mistakes are made
Repentance is his take!***
In Islam the key is simplicity
Even when faced with difficulty

http://www.islamicpoem.com/?q=node/792

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 6:30am On Jul 25, 2014
tpia1: ^ lets leave the matter.

you like polygamy, you currently prefer to "go monogamy" right now for reasons best known to you, cool.

No madam, I have always preferred monogamy but I am ready to defend polyamy as defined by Islam as a viable alternative for those who choose it whether male or female.

Thou shalt not misrepresent moi based on your misconeption of my robust defence of polygamy where attempts are made to completely denigrate it and those who practice it.

#QED
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 6:59am On Jul 25, 2014
In case you did not know, tpia is a literary icon. cheesy

By the way tpia, I am looking to work with writers, are you interested? The same applies to Sino and whover else is interested.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 8:11am On Jul 25, 2014
even in my mind, I'm not a literary icon.

I am looking to work with writers, are you interested?

sounds interesting, would you like to share more information about it?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
Looks like last night was layl latul Qadr, did any one take note of the sun rise this morning?!

Rayless and diffuse in many parts of the world.

And Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
Fulaman198:

No that's just wrong man, to Fulani people, cattle is like money. Just like to most people money is very important cattle is very important. We measure our wealth by our cattle.

We use cattle sometimes to even pay for things, some people value money more than women just like some people value cattle more than women. Very few Fulani actually value cattle (money) more than their loved ones. We are not materialistic.

Fulani men love and appreciate and celebrate women.
okay
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
tpia1:

1, 1, 1, 1... 2, 2, 2, 2... 3, 3, 3, 3... 4, 4, 4, 4
What about 5,5,5,5?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
tbaba1234:

grin grin What is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

It is all about justice and fairplay, nobody is fighting for men rights.

The marginalization must stop. Join the struggle.

Aluta continua!!!
Victoria ascerta

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.