Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (164904 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kayword(m): 8:12am On Jan 05, 2014
For the brothers here;
To the best of my understanding, majority of what has been discussed here as regards initiating "contact" with a lady revolves around knowing the lady to an extent, maybe neighbors, place of work or the lady's brothers or sisters.
I'd like opinions on how to go about it in case of meeting someone u dont know AT ALL. Like someone far from your area that u just happen to meet along the road.

In short, what are the probable ways of "pursuing" a complete stranger (wit d intentn of marriage)
Sisters' opinions too are welcome

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:00am On Jan 05, 2014
It seems inappropriate to say you want to initiate marriage proposal with someone you just saw/met. I know what you mean though, you are somewhere and see a sister and you think: "she is not bad at all".

Since, I am not ready for marriage, it ends at that for me.

The danger with saying you are going to propose to such a lady is that you just do not know enough about them. Hence, to say you want to marry them is unwise.

I suppose the polite thing to do if you are really interested is to introduce yourself and ask for the most appropriate place for one to meet them without falling into haram. Their phone number or something similar is essential.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kayword(m): 7:29am On Jan 06, 2014
I did not mean proposing at first sight. I was trying to see how it works as regards someone i do not know. How to possibly navigate around it in a way that wil nt lead to haram.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by harmeenart(f): 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
kayword: For the brothers here;
To the best of my understanding, majority of what has been discussed here as regards initiating "contact" with a lady revolves around knowing the lady to an extent, maybe neighbors, place of work or the lady's brothers or sisters.
I'd like opinions on how to go about it in case of meeting someone u dont know AT ALL. Like someone far from your area that u just happen to meet along the road.

In short, what are the probable ways of "pursuing" a complete stranger (wit d intentn of marriage)
Sisters' opinions too are welcome
-Social medias can be of help here.Say facebook. Get her username, find friends and family and ask about her from them. One problem is that they might not want to disclose anything to a stranger. We all have a way of getting things we want so, how to convince them depends on you.
- Ask questions too
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 8:02am On Jan 07, 2014
By sheikh Kamal el Mekki

Assalamu Alaykum Everyone,

Good deeds are valuable. We will realize their true value in the next life; where you would refuse to give up one good deed even if you have thousands. For now, we pass up opportunities for extra reward and we do things that put as at risk of losing hasanaat (good deeds) in the next life.

We're talking about insulting, badmouthing and backbiting people. The hadith of the bankrupt individual (al muflis) describes a man that will come forth with many good deeds but he offended many people as well. So he will pay them back with his good deeds until his good deeds expire and he is thrown into the hellfire. For that reason the righteous before us never spoke ill of anyone.

Abdullah Ibn Almubarak tells Sufyan Althawri (RA), " I have never seen Abu Hanifa backbiting anyone". So Sufyan Althawri said, " Yes, Abu Hanifa is more intelligent than to allow someone to take away his good deeds".

Alhasan Albasri was once told that someone was backbiting him. So he sent the man a bowl of dates and a message saying, "It has reached me that you have assigned some of your good deeds to me. I couldn't find anything to reward you with except these dates".

Here's a good rule to live by:

If there's someone you really dislike, then NEVER speak bad about them. Because then you'll be giving someone you hate the hasanaat that you love.

Wasalam!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
tbaba1234: Albasri was once told that someone was backbiting him. So he sent the man a bowl of dates and a message saying, "It has reached me that you have assigned some of your good deeds to me. I couldn't find anything to reward you with except these dates".

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia5: 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
Tbaba should explain better, what's the correlation.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
Boink
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
The older I get the more I feel many marriages fail because people married the best available person and not the kind of person that they actually imagined would suit them. So when that kind of person comes along and the one they married starts to look and feel "jaded" to them, the recipe for marital crisis becomes complete.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
maclatunji: The older I get the more I feel many marriages fail because people married the best available person and not the kind of person that they actually imagined would suit them. So when that kind of person comes along and the one they married starts to look and feel "jaded" to them, the recipe for marital crisis becomes complete.
Comes along? After marriage? You still looking outside after you chose the best available material?

Choosing the best available material maybe true to an extent for the non adventurous sisters coupled with the biological time ticking but for a guy? He has no reason to complain.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
maclatunji: The older I get the more I feel many marriages fail because people married the best available person and not the kind of person that they actually imagined would suit them. So when that kind of person comes along and the one they married starts to look and feel "jaded" to them, the recipe for marital crisis becomes complete.

There are many reasons apart from that, people change and drift apart.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
onegig: Comes along? After marriage? You still looking outside after you chose the best available material?

Choosing the best available material maybe true to an extent for the non adventurous sisters coupled with the biological time ticking but for a guy? He has no reason to complain.

Not even the women have that excuse. If u are not yet 40, there is no cause for alarm grin

Not that I am encouraging giving birth late, as it carries several risks, but people over emphasise the biological clock.

I think many Muslims marry because they want to have sex. Since they cant get it outside marriage, they run into it. Gbam and after see finish, wahala starts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
deols:

Not even the women have that excuse. If u are not yet 40, there is no cause for alarm grin

Not that I am encouraging giving birth late, as it carries several risks, but people over emphasise the biological clock.

I think many Muslims marry because they want to have sex. Since they cant get it outside marriage, they run into it. Gbam and after see finish, wahala starts.

Hmm interesting theorem. I am 30 and still a "V" it can be quite embarrassing at times.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
deols:

Your first paragraph hmmm. Tell that to your family and society. Hit 29.99 and there's no clear cut person in the picture and you would be a candidate for numerous prayer points.

As for your last....Might be true...but i don't think its the sole reason. Not sampled people's opinion in that direction though... However, If that was the case,people would just get married to anyone just to satisfy those needs.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
onegig: Comes along? After marriage? You still looking outside after you chose the best available material?

Which materials?is it clothes materials or house materials?? angry angry grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 10:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
Fulaman198:

Hmm interesting theorem. I am 30 and still a "V" it can be quite embarrassing at times.
Same here but what I had found out was that many married for wrong reasons most especially wealth and beauty. They always put love in the front whereas it ought to be in back!!!These are the bedrock of marriage crisis!!!!!!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
baba11: Which materials?is it clothes materials or house materials?? angry angry grin
Wife or husband material na.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
baba11: Same here but what I had found out was that many married for wrong reasons most especially wealth and beauty. They always put love in the front whereas it ought to be in back!!!These are the bedrock of marriage crisis!!!!!!

I think lust of the heart is what makes marriages crumble, that and placing too much emphasis on tangibles and fiscally related objects (cars, homes, neat new tech toys, etc.).

I believe that if a man and woman truly love one another, nothing can come between them. A love so deep that you would die on her behalf without second thought. Your life is her own and hers is yours. That is true love.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 11:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
^^^^^Chai... Una go soon learn that love is never enough. Although it's very important but not the all in all. For a marriage to work the two partners must have come to terms that it takes "constant hard work" from both to make it a success and they would disagree, fight about most things but both recognise that they have a single goal which is making the "marriage a success."

And that up there should include respecting the other, not fighting dirty when disagreements crop up, both listen, listen and listen to the other, see each other as partners in progress and not oga and worker.

Find someone who share these and you are on a road to a blissful, long and happy married life God willing.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia5: 1:23am On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: They always put love in the front whereas it ought to be in back!!!

quite right.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia5: 1:30am On Jul 24, 2014
maclatunji:
because people married the best available person and not the kind of person that they actually imagined would suit them. So when that kind of person comes along and the one they married starts to look and feel "jaded" to them, the recipe for marital crisis becomes complete.

was this tongue in cheek?

lord have mercy o.

singles also experience everything you listed there, not sure why you're placing it on the married.

now, as to the rest of your statement, i want to assume (even though we are of different beliefs), you sought the face of God and actually prayed for a "right person for you" before you proposed. If you did pray, and you are now having second thoughts because you saw "your heart's desire" swing by your path, are you saying God made a mistake previously when a "best available" was in your front?

for those who are not that religious and whose "best available" does not match up to "the ultimate", will you spend all your one life seeking the golden fleece which in that case is not education nor even money.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia5: 1:33am On Jul 24, 2014
if by your own admission, someone is the "best available" for you, then i dont understand how "actual imagined" aka imaginations came into the discussion again.

what if its a woman in this situation?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:45am On Jul 24, 2014

I laugh at your 3 questions. Is there an automatic switch that makes one immune from being attracted to the opposite gender after marriage? I think not. It is only self-discipline that restrains it unless you are not going to interact with them thereafter.

Guys marry hastily too for many reasons.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:47am On Jul 24, 2014
tpia5: if by your own admission, someone is the "best available" for you, then i dont understand how "actual imagined" aka imaginations came into the discussion again.

what if its a woman in this situation?

When the desirable is not available, the available usually becomes the desirable until the desirable is available.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2014
tbaba1234:

There are many reasons apart from that, people change and drift apart.

The person they choose becomes jaded to them, I wrote it already. Obviously, this is not the only cause of marital strife and even the new person may not be "all that". These are factors that could negate my hypothesis but I believe I am correct for the most part.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
maclatunji:

I laugh at your 3 questions. Is there an automatic switch that makes one immune from being attracted to the opposite gender after marriage? I think not.

Note my use of the word "You still looking outside" which means you should have self restraint once you made the choice.

Marriage does not confer that automatically, but it's expected you make that decision and effort.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: Wife or husband material na.
grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fulaman198:

A love so deep that you would die on her behalf without second thought. Your life is her own and hers is yours. That is true love.
Can you do it?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: grin
How many yards do you want? Or na bundle you wan carry?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: Can you do it?
You mean him commiting suicide because of love? Lol.

Fulaman... Too much fairy tale novels is not good for ones health.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: Note my use of the word "You still looking outside" which means you should have self restraint once you made the choice.

Marriage does not confer that automatically, but it's expected you make that decision and effort.

You are belabouring the issue, the ideal is one thing, reality is another. If people observed this simple rule, there would not be marital strife would there?

I am still looking at marital strife here but remember, Islam does does allow a man up to 4 wives with conditions attached. So the "closing of eyes" is not for everyone, only those of us that find monogamy attractive and women.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: ^^^^^Chai... Una go soon learn that love is never enough. Although it's very important but not the all in all. For a marriage to work the two partners must have come to terms that it takes "constant hard work" from both to make it a success and they would disagree, fight about most things but both recognise that they have a single goal which is making the "marriage a success."

And that up there should include respecting the other, not fighting dirty when disagreements crop up, both listen, listen and listen to the other, see each other as partners in progress and not oga and worker.

Find someone who share these and you are on a road to a blissful, long and happy married life God willing.
This is exactly how it should be!Maybe, we watch telemundo abi wetin dem dey call am sef 2 much?but wait ooo,me sef my favourite movies na Bollywood's and I know dey think of love!love!!love!!!Something is wrong somewhere#ithinkso!!!!the moment we stop stereotyping,the better our life will be#justsaying

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.