Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,754 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (164900 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: How many yards do you want? Or na bundle you wan carry?
just 10yards only,make I on my wifi grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
tpia5:

quite right.
u don come back,welcome back to NL.I tot hackers had dislocated you from NL ni!?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
maclatunji:

You are belabouring the issue, the ideal is one thing, reality is another. If people observed this simple rule, there would not be marital strife would there?

I am still looking at marital strife here but remember, Islam does does allow a man up to 4 wives with conditions attached. So the "closing of eyes" is not for everyone, only those of us that find monogamy attractive and women.

That's me talking na. I do believe in the "ideal" not the abnormal excuse the religious injunctions.

"Only those of us"? So you are not going to follow bandwagon? That's good.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: just 10yards only,make I on my wifi grin
That would be too slow, why you no carry fiber cable just connect the network. I no wan missing bandwidth or some yards getting lost due to connectivity.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: This is exactly how it should be!Maybe, we watch telemundo abi wetin dem dey call am sef 2 much?but wait ooo,me sef my favourite movies na Bollywood's and I know dey think of love!love!!love!!!Something is wrong somewhere#ithinkso!!!!the moment we stop stereotyping,the better our life will be#justsaying
Yeah true. But wait you also watch telemundo abi Wetin una dey call am. Please what is about? God knows i just hear and see people commenting about it,don't even know what it deals with except that it is a tv show or so.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: That would be too slow, why you no carry fiber cable just connect the network. I no wan missing bandwidth or some yards getting lost due to connectivity.
Henhen,is it all the data transmission within Nigeria boundaries I intend to receive.My network doesn't need to be 2 secured,so I still stick my neck out with WiFi.Optic fibre=2xpensive grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: Henhen,is it all the data transmission within Nigeria boundaries I intend to receive.My network doesn't need to be 2 secured,so I still stick my neck out with WiFi.Optic fibre=2xpensive grin grin grin
Ok o. Don't blame me when you recieve only 2.3 yards out of the 10yards of wife material.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: Yeah true. But wait you also watch telemundo abi Wetin una dey call am. Please what is about? God knows i just hear and see people commenting about it,don't even know what it deals with except that it is a tv show or so.
I am not the type that waste my time unjustly.I used to c pple watching it and atimes when I switch to my local TV stations,it and most love stories from mexicans and co are being done. I regard anybody that love watching it as highly unserious and of low intelligent scale because how will someone be teaching u how to love,how to live your life etc.Is Quran,hadith etc not be enough!!??
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: Ok o. Don't blame me when you recieve only 2.3 yards out of the 10yards of wife material.
OK I go manage am,shebi na free sha? grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: That's me talking na. I do believe in the "ideal" not the abnormal excuse the religious injunctions.

"Only those of us"? So you are not going to follow bandwagon? That's good.

I have always preferred Monogamy but I am not for this trend to bash polygamy even amongst Muslims. I find that distasteful.

Even if a man wants a 2nd wife majorly for satisfying sexual desires, I am not going to castigate him if he follows the rules of Islam in doing so.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
maclatunji:

When the desirable is not available, the available usually becomes the desirable until the desirable is available.

just sounds like an excuse for philandering imo.

what prevents the "desirable" also being tagged "best available" after s/he also becomes "jaded" or/and you see another "desirable"?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
maclatunji:

I have always preferred Monogamy

no, you've always said you prefer polygamy.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: u don come back,welcome back to NL.

thanks, have been back since the site came back?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
tpia5:

was this tongue in cheek?

lord have mercy o.

singles also experience everything you listed there, not sure why you're placing it on the married.

now, as to the rest of your statement, i want to assume (even though we are of different beliefs), you sought the face of God and actually prayed for a "right person for you" before you proposed. If you did pray, and you are now having second thoughts because you saw "your heart's desire" swing by your path, are you saying God made a mistake previously when a "best available" was in your front?

for those who are not that religious and whose "best available" does not match up to "the ultimate", will you spend all your one life seeking the golden fleece which in that case is not education nor even money.

I do not subscribe to premarital affairs. Hence, I do not write for singles with such a problem.

Religious people are still human and human desires do regularly conflict with religious injunctions/beliefs. The fact that you are religious does not make you immune from such thoughts or emotions.

As for looking for the "Golden Fleece", I would say you should seek balance since you are not Jason.

I suggest that one studiously identifies the ills (we all have them) of the one that either matches or comes close to what you want in a spouse and decide if you can tolerate them.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: I am not the type that waste my time unjustly.I used to c pple watching it and atimes when I switch to my local TV stations,it and most love stories from mexicans and co are being done. I regard anybody that love watching it as highly unserious and of low intelligent scale because how will someone be teaching u how to love,how to live your life etc.Is Quran,hadith etc not be enough!!??
Although it's a preference. Some use it to relax, that you don't watch doesn't make them less intelligent. People may say same of you watching football or something that interests you also.

As for the price. There's no free meal in freetown. Maybe you check your bank balance. It might interest you that i just recieved an alert. Lol.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
tpia1:

no, you've always said you prefer polygamy.

No. You must have miscontrued my defence of polygamy from savage and vicious attacks from its opponents as me preferring it over monogamy.

If you insist that I said that I preferred polygamy, you are going to have to prove it and you will not be able to.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
I suggest that one studiously
identifies the ills (we all have
them) of the one that either
matches or comes close to
what you want in a spouse
and decide if you can tolerate
them.
Ain't that going for the available best material? So why feel bad when someone else comes along in future?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
tpia1:

just sounds like an excuse for philandering imo.

what prevents the "desirable" also being tagged "best available" after s/he also becomes "jaded" or/and you see another "desirable"?

Self-restraint a.k. a. discipline.

Sometimes people take their spouses for granted thinking: "He/She is so in love with me that he/she cannot look at other people". It is a big mistake because you are not the only person with the qualities the other person finds attractive.

I know this lady with a very religious and disciplined husband who believes in monogamy but still keeps an eagle eye on him. She is a very smart woman indeed.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: Ain't that going for the available best material? So why feel bad when someone else comes along in future?

You are assuming that the ideal spouse is "perfect". Now, point out to me one perfect person you know.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: Although it's a preference. Some use it to relax, that you don't watch doesn't make them less intelligent. People may say same of you watching football or something that interests you also.

As for the price. There's no free meal in freetown. Maybe you check your bank balance. It might interest you that i just recieved an alert. Lol.
haha
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
tpia1:

thanks, have been back since the site came back?
just seeing u in the Islamic section.. welcome 5 and1
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
maclatunji:

You are assuming that the ideal spouse is "perfect". Now, point out to me one perfect person you know.
No one is, That's why you "close your eyes" once you have chosen the best available and accept that person as the perfect. Even if you meet Miss world(just as example) later, your spouse still remains that perfect choice.

You have no right to think otherwise. If however that's how some people think then i am sorry. They have a long way to go and marriage actually is not for them. They can as well work out signing yearly contracts only to be extended if they don't meet their ideal spouse. Should work out well for them.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: No one is, That's why you "close your eyes" once you have chosen the best available and accept that person as the perfect. Even if you meet Miss world(just as example) later, your spouse still remains that perfect choice.

You have no right to think otherwise. If however that's how some people think then i am sorry. They have a long way to go and marriage actually is not for them. They can as well work out signing yearly contracts only to be extended if they don't meet their ideal spouse. Should work out well for them.

A lot of people do not think like this, the grass always looks greener on the other side but I get your point.

Before long now, someone might say I am an advocate of what I am not. #LOL

I just love to analyse things.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: just seeing u in the Islamic section.. welcome 5 and1

sarcasm , i assume.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tpia1: 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
maclatunji:

If you insist that I said that I preferred polygamy, you are going to have to prove it and you will not be able to.

on some thread/s, you distinctly asked on more than one occasion, why a woman will complain if her husband takes on other wives.

this was different from your various polygamy topics.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: Can you do it?

Yes with the right woman easily
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fulaman198:

A man is the protector. But some men here just can't believe that fulaman wants to protect his bride to that extent. How else is the protection done, I wonder.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
onegig: No one is, That's why you "close your eyes" once you have chosen the best available and accept that person as the perfect. Even if you meet Miss world(just as example) later, your spouse still remains that perfect choice.

I didnt understand you at first but I must say that this makes much sense.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
deols:

A man is the protector. But some men here just can't believe that fulaman wants to protect his bride to that extent. How else is the protection done, I wonder.

Lol good question

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
tpia1:

sarcasm , i assume.
Are u not tpia 1,2,3,4,5.....10 etc grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fulaman198:

then u are really a 'good' man..love really exists!!!.How do u intent to do this..e.g donating your two kidney to your wife for her to live and for u to go to the place of no return...#Chai,na only u waka come!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Fulaman198(m): 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
baba11: then u are really a 'good' man..love really exists!!!.How do u intent to do this..e.g donating your two kidney to your wife for her to live and for u to go to the place of no return...#Chai,na only u waka come!!!!!!!!!!

A happy wife means a happy life. I would do anything for her if I truly love her. No matter what happens, loving someone means you are going to be there for them no matter what situation they are in. A husband supports his wife, and vice versa. A wife is a husband's best friend and lifetime partner. You are always supposed to have your wives back 24/7.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.