Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,913 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

I Dey Fear Dis Tin! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dey Fear Dis Tin! (2777 Views)

Why Oyinbo Dey Fear Naija People? / Wisest Playboy: How I Dey Use Straff Plenty Naija Babes. / My aunt is the man of the house, I dey pity the husband. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 1:58am On Sep 06, 2011
Okay my story might be a little long. I'm in my early twenties and I've only been in one r/ship. Just one. And people find it hard to believe because of the way I live. People call me a player but I am not. I'm only committment phobic. I broke up my last and only relationship because she wasn't giving me any space. I'm not sure I even loved her. This was a girl who dumped her bf to be with me. After that I just decided that it is better to just be friends with women and if benefits come along, I'll take it.

However it seems no one understands the meaning of true friendship. I find that every girl I hang out with starts to want more. Then comes the goo-goo and questions like "why didn't you call me yesterday?" "Who was that girl I saw you with" At times like that I just develop cold feet and take off. She gets hurt and somehow she is heartbroken. The vicious cycle starts all over again even though we were never in a relationship. All my guys are in relationships but I'm the only one who is single and really not interested.

Is something wrong with me? I sometimes worry that this might affect me sometime in the future.
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by MMM2(m): 8:10am On Sep 06, 2011
angryangry
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Mynd44: 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
Go see a shrink
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2011
Um. . . Go see a shrink for what exactly?
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by tellwisdom: 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2011
steeze, must you open a thread on your personal problem?? huh?? angry angry
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2011
Um. . . So what am I suppose to a open a thread for? You own personal problems abi?

For someone whose handle is tellwisdom, you are not so wise.

#ayafspokenjare
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Excelboi(m): 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2011
op, you are perfectly ok. Have experienced such before that i feel like i won't enage myself in any relationship. Now sef,am nt in any but i have a lot of fenale friends who want to have some thing in common with me but i no get time for that. Now i rather Bleep a gal up than she be the first to do that. Well, for now you may be feeling so but later on you will have one or two thing for them. Dnt let your past have control over you. You can love again but let the next gal be the one to love you most and nt the other way round.
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Pweety4me(f): 9:41pm On Sep 06, 2011
steeze:

Okay my story might be a little long. I'm in my early twenties and I've only been in one r/ship. Just one. And people find it hard to believe because of the way I live. People call me a player but I am not. I'm only committment phobic. I broke up my last and only relationship because she wasn't giving me any space. I'm not sure I even loved her. This was a girl who dumped her bf to be with me. After that I just decided that it is better to just be friends with women and if benefits come along, I'll take it.

However it seems no one understands the meaning of true friendship. I find that every girl I hang out with starts to want more. Then comes the goo-goo and questions like "why didn't you call me yesterday?" "Who was that girl I saw you with" At times like that I just develop cold feet and take off. She gets hurt and somehow she is heartbroken. The vicious cycle starts all over again even though we were never in a relationship. All my guys are in relationships but I'm the only one who is single and really not interested.

Is something wrong with me? I sometimes worry that this might affect me sometime in the future.
You are naturally ok my friend!!, y'know not all men must think with their second head, but it's a normal thing na it's just that society may frown on you being a guy, well those with little brain sha, because as a guy ur meant to be doing this and that o well ur different and respect urself so carry on jare, just try to pick ur friends more carefully. smiley
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2011
Nothing is WRONG with you! Deep inside you, you know you arent ready for a relationship, and me thinks you are allowing the pressure of all your guys being in relationships, to erode your thoughts! Do you have a goal you are yet to attain?
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 9:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
@sexkillz, I have a lot of things to attain o. . . In my last relationship which ended around march this year, I used to moonlight as a voiceover artiste on the set of a reality show. The pay was awesome but it meant that I had to travel a lot. The babe refused to understand that I had to be away certain days of the week and even then she would call me at every hour of the day.

That was the period when magic number used to reign. I needed some air so i broke up with her. The gist spread and everyone labeled me a heartbreaker and a player.

I just like to have a sense of freedom and to be able to do anything I want when I please.
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2011
steeze:

@sexkillz, I have a lot of things to attain o. . . In my last relationship which ended around march this year, I used to moonlight as a voiceover artiste on the set of a reality show. The pay was awesome but it meant that I had to travel a lot. The babe refused to understand that I had to be away certain days of the week and even then she would call me at every hour of the day.

That was the period when magic number used to reign. I needed some air so i broke up with her. The gist spread and everyone labeled me a heartbreaker and a player.

I just like to have a sense of freedom and to be able to do anything I want when I please.
Yeah! I knew something was up! Some people are good at mixing the two, but not all! Your last girlfriend refused to be understanding though! Too bad! Dont worry, it's a matter of time, once you are settled enough for a relationship, you'll know! Just hope you meet an understanding lady! But hey! Ladies Need attention too! So if you arent ready to provide her that attention, dating her would be pointless and a punishment!
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
Thank you o jare. . . I'm just glad I'm not the only guy who thinks like this

The thing is, even when I meet a girl I really like, I don't ask her out even though that's what she wants because I know that I won't be able to give her the kind of attention she needs in a relationship.

Have you noticed that women don't expect much when you're just friends I.e you can call everyday and hangout when you feel like or be with someone else etc. But in a relationship the dynamics change. You have to keep in touch everyday and limit the number of female friends you have and limit the amount of time you spend with your guys.

#etayameojare
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Pweety4me(f): 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2011
Hmm i see
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2011
steeze:

Thank you o jare. . . I'm just glad I'm not the only guy who thinks like this

The thing is, even when I meet a girl I really like, I don't ask her out even though that's what she wants because I know that I won't be able to give her the kind of attention she needs in a relationship.

Have you noticed that women don't expect much when you're just friends I.e you can call everyday and hangout when you feel like or be with someone else etc. But in a relationship the dynamics change. You have to keep in touch everyday and limit the number of female friends you have and limit the amount of time you spend with your guys.

#etayameojare
Yeah! And the good this does is that it allows you look at those girls from all angles! You can rate and differentiate their characters, and before long, you fall in love with one of them, and i bet, you wont mess it up! It's natural!
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2011
@pweety4me

Abeg nak me tori what do you see?

@sexkillz

Men na so o. . . But the downside is people see me with so many women so they assume that I'm a player. My reputation even precedes me.

It's so crazy that sometimes even my friends are jealous of my other friends. And when e wan dey pass be careful I just remind them that "hey I thought we agreed that we are just friends. Wetin be dis na" and everything is back to normal.

It does seems kinda selfish but it works for me.
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Pweety4me(f): 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2011
#players & braggers club

*allergic*
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2011
Jeez! You misunderstand me.

Oh well. . .

#issorait
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Pweety4me(f): 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2011
Maybe u swing the other way, cuz i don't see how u can acknowledge a guys post over a females isorait 2 yu 2, abeg shift and take ya self go, you might aswell stick a paper to your head reading "I am not into women, plse don't near me" PLSEEE SHARRaP AND GO SIT DOWN.
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2011
steeze:

@pweety4me

Abeg nak me tori what do you see?

@sexkillz

Men na so o. . . But the downside is people see me with so many women so they assume that I'm a player. My reputation even precedes me.

It's so crazy that sometimes even my friends are jealous of my other friends. And when e wan dey pass be careful I just remind them that "hey I thought we agreed that we are just friends. Wetin be dis na" and everything is back to normal.

It does seems kinda selfish but it works for me.
PEER PRESSURE! They can think all they want! But you alone know yourself and what you really want! And you already know how to get it! So why bother ya self over other people punching the air! Just be your self! Nothing Works better that that!
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Jenifa1: 10:55pm On Sep 06, 2011
steeze:

#etayameojare

Men are the same way. I haven't met any guy who is happy about his gf keeping unlimited number of male friends/ not keeping in touch. what will be the point of a relationship if it's not exclusive.

You just seem to have an independent spirit and not ready for a committed relationship yet. You are in your early 20s so that's ok.
Also what I notice is that women who are very outgoing and proactive when it comes to befriending guys generally have that kind of clingy character. If you are avoiding it, then find a quiet or independent girl.
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 10:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
So are u upset that I acknowledged the guys post and not yours cos I really don't know what you're going on about.

Abeg you can like to shift go one corner and sharap dia too.

Don't know what you're pressing control p for.

Anumkpam

#ayafspokenojaree
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Pweety4me(f): 10:57pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^I don't blame you, it's your vargin prick talking it's not You undecided

Feeling like KC FESH,  . SHUORRR
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Jenifa1: 10:58pm On Sep 06, 2011
Pweety4me:

Maybe u swing the other way, you might aswell stick a paper to your head reading "I am not into women, plse don't near me" .

too funny cheesy
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 11:00pm On Sep 06, 2011
@jenifa

Yea I guess I agree. The same rule applies to men as well. I'm just glad you seem to get the kind of person I am.
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 11:02pm On Sep 06, 2011
@pweety

Yea I have a vargin prick but you know it is berra than your kitten that is a wide as river nile and as smelly as expired sardine.

#butissorait
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by BABE3: 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2011
Is there something wrong with you? Yes, you typed the "something" yourself. But since you're lost, i'll help you find you.

steeze:

I'm only committment phobic.

You're welcome.
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 11:10pm On Sep 06, 2011
Nothing wrong with you babe. You are alright. Run along now.

The issue is why is it so? Not what is the problem.

Thank you.

#issokeysha
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by BABE3: 11:19pm On Sep 06, 2011
You must really think you're on twitter with these your signature harshtags.  grin

Se o wapa ba i? I didn't type this you know---

steeze:

Is something wrong with me?
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by Mynd44: 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^^
Abeg BABE! pity the dude na
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 12:08am On Sep 07, 2011
Babe mowa pa o iwo ni so wa alright?

#ayamtayadhoffuseff
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by filibust: 12:43am On Sep 07, 2011
@steeze, what's your bb pin? Need to talk with u soon.
Re: I Dey Fear Dis Tin! by steeze(m): 12:52am On Sep 07, 2011
Dude you know me from somewhere?

What makes you think I use a blackberry?

#uharrafreadinmee

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Had This Feeling? / 23 Funny Facts About Romance / Lost Interest In My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.