Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

- Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (22169 Views)

/ / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2011
ronkebp:

Dayo i do not want to compare and contrast was just sticking to the topic, i will never support a wife beating- up her mother-in-law, what kind of disrespect is that/ God forbid bad thing, will i like it if my hubby throws blow at my dad tufiakwa!!!!, let such a thing not happen IN JESUS NAME, AMEN. (that being said). I am not being one sided, what amount of strength can a woman have to go into physical comabat with a man, shebi all na real time shakara, that women will be flexing the muscles they don't have, the man will panelbeat the living hell out of her. All am saying is that the 'men', should know what women are made up of, and control their anger, i know many times that some men ignore their wives' rant and out of frustration the woman will go and beg her husband, but beating her and making a mess out of her infront of her children? will make the children look down on thier father even if they do not utter any word, but in their heart of hearts they are definitely not happy, even if their mum is at fault.

Why does a matured and responsible woman have to yell, spoil for a fight, Hold her husbands shirt, scatter the whole house before she can pass her points accross ?

What happened to being civilized
Re: by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Ileke idi.

1. How did a loving man and respectable husband become a monster like Akolade Arowolo

2. What if the husband beating the wife too is an act of self defence you know some women are evil.

3. What does a woman/man beating the other stand to gain

Anywayz, can you guys stop coming up with your unlikely fairy tales?

Give us a substantial evidence for your stories. . . . feather story to back up unreasonable excuses.

No one needs to make story for mass wife beating in Nigeria, we all know that's FACT. It should be addressd as equally as the husband beating. . . . but this is not the thread for it.
Re: by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
dayokanu:

TOH,,Are you saying there are more criminals than Law abiding citizens?

In Nigeria especially? Yes

After all is there law in Nigeria?
Re: by SisiKill1: 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
dayokanu:

TOH,,Are you saying there are more criminals than Law abiding citizens?

if not then we are discussing the minority criminals here

There are more men who DONT beat their wives than those who DO

And we applaud them but it still doesn't take away from the fact that there are more women are being battered than there are men.
Re: by Freesia(f): 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
9to5365 date=1316028021:

Everything you wrote is hearsay
Re: by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2011
coogar:

divorce is wrong in the eyes of some people. they consider it a sin!

but beating her black and blue is ok? People sure read their bibles subjectively.
The bible says to love your wife as Christ loved the church . . . that is a very tall order that no man can honestly fulfill without the Lord's help. Christ died for His church, washed the feet of the disciples, reprimanded them in love when the need arose . . . i dont see where Christ advocate He will flog His church without mercy here or run a car over her foot.
Re: by armyofone(m): 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2011
where do some of your guys find your own kind of gal from? Yaba left? how unpleasant!

yet it shouldn't warrant hitting/beating.

coogar:

debate and argue with a woman throwing objects in every direction. . . .
how pleasant!!!
Re: by coogar: 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2011
davidylan:

but beating her black and blue is ok? People sure read their bibles subjectively.
The bible says to love your wife as Christ loved the church . . . that is a very tall order that no man can honestly fulfill without the Lord's help. Christ died for His church, washed the feet of the disciples, reprimanded them in love when the need arose . . . i dont see where Christ advocate He will flog His church without mercy here or run a car over her foot.

it's an issue of checks and balance.
divorce is a cardinal sin. it doesn't stop there too. what about the children involved in the marriage.
does the bible not also say anyone remarrying after divorce is a compulsive adulterer/adulteress? so which is more permissible? i think it depends on the individuals involved.

personally, i cannot advise anyone to leave his/her marriage.
let the people going through their wahala make that decision.
all i know is so many people(out of social stigma) would rather see their marriage through than go through the divorce.

dayokanu:

Why does a matured and responsible woman have to yell, spoil for a fight, Hold her husbands shirt, scatter the whole house before she can pass her points accross ?

What happened to being civilized

why are you beating a dead horse!
women are emotional beings often controlled by their hormones - so it's legal for them to throw occasional tantrums. . .
men on the other hand should control their emotions. . . .act like wussies and just take whatever comes their way as child's play. nothing to fret about!!

armyofone:

where do some of your guys find your own kind of gal from? Yaba left? how unpleasant!

yes, from yaba left.
isn't it amazing how every woman comes here to form saint theresa?
yet, a large percentage of the women posting here are worse than most men who abuse their wives. . . .
Re: by dayokanu(m): 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Anywayz, can you guys stop coming up with your unlikely fairy tales?
Give us a substantial evidence for your stories. . . . feather story to back up unreasonable excuses.

No one needs to make story for mass wife beating in Nigeria, we all know that's FACT. It should be addressd as equally as the husband beating. . . . but this is not the thread for it.

Whats the unlikely fairy tales? That there are some violent women who throw everything into a fight

Lagos Wife Beats Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-703955.0.html

Man Beater: 61 Yr Old Wife Beats Husband To Stupor

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-443725.0.html

Wife Beats Husband To Death In Calabar
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-115258.0.html

Fairy tales? Unlikely you say? maybe those stories above are fairy tales too

ThiefOfHearts:

In Nigeria especially? Yes

After all is there law in Nigeria?

You grew up in Naija count your neighbours, uncles and family friends and tell how many beat their wives vs how many dont.

armyofone:

The same place women who are victim of abuse get their husbands from
Re: by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2011
Divorce involving the children?

if a husband can beat his wife, what stops him from killing his children?

Next excuse. . . . .
Re: by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Whats the unlikely fairy tales? That there are some violent women who throw everything into a fight

Lagos Wife Beats Up My Husband Because He Is Irresponsible
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-703955.0.html

Man Beater: 61 Yr Old Wife Beats Husband To Stupor

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-443725.0.html

Wife Beats Husband To Death In Calabar
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-115258.0.html

Fairy tales? Unlikely you say? maybe those stories above are fairy tales too

You grew up in Naija count your neighbours, uncles and family friends and tell how many beat their wives vs how many dont.

The same place women who are victim of abuse get their husbands from

dayo, no one is disputing the fact that women  also beat men.

but show us the evidence of mother-in-law beating in Nigeria. . . . shebi na your story.
Re: by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 14, 2011
coogar:

it's an issue of checks and balance.

not really. Its more subjective . . . most men do not advocate divorce BECAUSE we get the better end of the deal all the time. We can beat our wives and expect no push back, cheat, stay out of the home as much as we want and still have a doormat to cook or food, take care of the kids, keep the house clean all the while maintaining our strict rules!
Of course why would a man want divorce?

coogar:

divorce is a cardinal sin. it doesn't stop there too. what about the children involved in the marriage.

1. Divorce is not a sin under 2 conditions in the bible - one partner is an unbeliever and chooses to leave of his/her own accord or under circumstances of adultery. A man who beats his wife is an unbeliever . . .

2. Beating your wife is a worse sin.

3. If truly a man cares about the children in that marriage then he makes sure to treat his wife the way he wants his in-laws to treat his daughters. If you love your kids then you dont make their mother constantly unhappy, afraid of living in her own home and constantly having to humiliatingly defend herself from prying questions from her own offspring.

coogar:

does the bible not also say anyone remarrying after divorce is a compulsive adulterer/adulteress? so which is more permissible? i think it depends on the individuals involved.

So beating her like a goat is ok as long as she stays in the marriage? Is that how the Lord asked you to love your wife as yourself?

coogar:

personally, i cannot advise anyone to leave his/her marriage.
let the people going through their wahala make that decision.
all i know is so many people(out of social stigma) would rather see their marriage through than go through the divorce.

yeah, i guess that's why they prefer to die in silence. I have very little pity for them.
Re: by SisiKill1: 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Maybe we should ask the women who are victim of domestic abuse why they chose to marry the rabid dog?

Ask Akolades wife why she choose to marry him?

men beat women, Its the mans fault for being violent and lacking self control

Women beat men Its also the mans fault for marrying a rabid dog.

At what point in time or in what scenario does the woman take responsibility?

You are quite right, we should be asking the women why they married a rabid dog but we don't. . . you know why? Because men like Johndoe and cooger who believe it is a man's right to beat his wife exist. These men actually revel at the thought of disciplining their wives and to a certain extent they have society backing them. Aaah! They are not doing anything crazy, they are just exerting their rights as men.

On the other hand, if the topic is about an abused husband, things get heated real fast. . .with condemnation coming from every angle, you know why? It is because society has not bestowed that right to women as they have to men, so a woman doing it has to be INSANE, BATSHIT CRAAAAZY! A RABID DOG!!!

If our society saw ALL VIOLENT/ABUSIVE SPOUSES as Rabid Dogs, we won't be having this argument.
Re: by ronkebp(f): 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2011
read comments and shakes head!!!! oga ooooo!!! so Dayo, you support a man beating a woman for her misbehaviours
Re: by Freesia(f): 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2011
ronkebp:

@ Freesia, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     , eh!!!!!! (thinking) that your friend !!!!! i pity her life, it is a pity, i don't know her!!!! i would have ordered some people to carry her out of the house. Is she a fulltime house wife 

No she works full-time
Re: by coogar: 8:58pm On Sep 14, 2011
davidylan:

not really. Its more subjective . . . most men do not advocate divorce BECAUSE we get the better end of the deal all the time. We can beat our wives and expect no push back, cheat, stay out of the home as much as we want and still have a doormat to cook or food, take care of the kids, keep the house clean all the while maintaining our strict rules!
Of course why would a man want divorce?

they do but they cannot. . . .
most men have caught their wives panties down in infidelity but they couldn't eff the marriage. . .

most men see it as. . . .if people see i cannot control my home, then i am not competent to lead - political posts, etc. . .
some men cannot stand the fact that the society see them as a weakling. . .

1. Divorce is not a sin under 2 conditions in the bible - one partner is an unbeliever and chooses to leave of his/her own accord or under circumstances of adultery. A man who beats his wife is an unbeliever . . .

2. Beating your wife is a worse sin.

3. If truly a man cares about the children in that marriage then he makes sure to treat his wife the way he wants his in-laws to treat his daughters. If you love your kids then you dont make their mother constantly unhappy, afraid of living in her own home and constantly having to humiliatingly defend herself from prying questions from her own offspring.

but do you actually believe any man would wake up without being provoked and start beating his wife.
there's more to what the eyes can see. . . .and women are excellent liars when it comes to narrating what happened.

So beating her like a goat is ok as long as she stays in the marriage? Is that how the Lord asked you to love your wife as yourself?

i can never ever support any sort of violence against women. . . .just speaking for the people who are living with demons and seem powerless about the situation.

yeah, i guess that's why they prefer to die in silence. I have very little pity for them.

completely ignoring the fact that men actually die in silence more than women when it comes to domestic abuse.
however, it would be hard for you to see any man owning up to have been abused by his spouse - we would all laugh at him.

the number of women getting banged up for domestic abuse increased sharply in the last 5 years.
prosecutors keep wondering why such a sudden increase. well. . . .the answer is, men have been keeping quiet about it for hundreds of years!!

Sisi_Kill:

You are quite right, we should be asking the women why they married a rabid dog but we don't. . . you know why? Because men like Johndoe and cooger who believe it is a man's right to beat his wife exist.

madam, show me where i posted that it's a man's right to beat his wife.
you better go to specsavers to remove the speck in your eyes.
Re: by armyofone(m): 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2011
cooger cooger, cooger, stop the jara you adding now grin

the number of women getting banged up for domestic abuse increased sharply in the last 5 years.
prosecutors keep wondering why such a sudden increase. well. . . .the answer is, men have been keeping quiet about it for hundreds of years!!

lie, not true pant on fire grin grin it is the other way round. women have been keeping quiet about it since the beginning of time.
Re: by coogar: 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2011
armyofone:

lie, not true pant on fire grin grin it is the other way round. women have been keeping quiet about it since the beginning of time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13664313

coogar is so evil
he also created that link himself.

read it loud and clear.
between 2005 and 2010, the increase was 150%.
Re: by GloJH(f): 9:15pm On Sep 14, 2011
Men who beat women are caword who cant stand against dier mates outside.
Re: by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

There is no justification for anyone to hit another person. . .Period.

However, we all know the percentage of wives beating their husbands is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower than men beating their wives. . . for every 1 abused man, there are a thousand abused women. To deny that would be completely idiotic. . .I mean Johndoe type idiotic.

Hmmm, really?! Every issue that affects families that focuses on one side often turn into an us versus debate resulting in a big distraction from the key issue . I don't know where you got your statistics from and I really don't understand why we like to play ostrich sometimes(more than 40% of domestic violence victims are males), but just so you know, most abusers themselves grew up in an abusive environment regardless of who was victim/perpetrator.

In the late 90s, the UK government recognised and passed laws to address the underlying issue which meant that the victim doesn't have to call the police for the perpetrator to be apprehended (the neighbours or whoever can do it).
Re: by SisiKill1: 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2011
This is the pix on Wikipedia for Domestic Abuse  cry cry

Re: by neyostica: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2011
Am nt a big fan of COOGAR n DAYOKANU cos of there comments on my belovd Arsenal, bt i cudnt agree more wit them. Women can kil u with d words 4rm their dirty mouth, i dnt tink a rational man wil just wakeup n start beating his wife,
Re: by dayokanu(m): 9:24pm On Sep 14, 2011
ronkebp:

read comments and shakes head!!!! oga ooooo!!! so Dayo, you support a man beating a woman for her misbehaviours

I support every human treating the next person with respect both male and female should respect one another and never resort to violence or verbal abuse.

Gender is no excuse for irresponsible behavior
Re: by SisiKill1: 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2011
naijababe:

Hmmm, really?! Every issue that affects families that focuses on one side often turn into an us versus debate resulting in a big distraction from the key issue . I don't know where you got your statistics from and I really don't understand why we like to play ostrich sometimes(more than 40% of domestic violence victims are males), but just so you know, most abusers themselves grew up in an abusive environment regardless of who was victim/perpetrator.

In the late 90s, the UK government recognised and passed laws to address the underlying issue which meant that the victim doesn't have to call the police for the perpetrator to be apprehended (the neighbours or whoever can do it).
Lmao! You question my point because it lacks a source and turn around to make yours by citing unsourced stats? Gee whiz! How can I argue with that? I concede. . .you totally win this round. grin grin
Re: by SisiKill1: 9:27pm On Sep 14, 2011
dayokanu:

[size=18pt]I support every human treating the next person with respect both male and female should respect one another and never resort to violence or verbal abuse.

Gender is no excuse for irresponsible behavior
[/size]

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: by coogar: 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2011
naijababe:

no. . . .according to the females on here. . . .men don't suffer domestic abuse at all.
it's the odd exception - only 2% men suffer the abuse in contrast to 98% women.
Re: by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
neyostica:

Am nt a big fan of COOGAR n DAYOKANU cos of there comments on my belovd Arsenal, bt i cudnt agree more wit them. Women can kil u with d words 4rm their dirty mouth, i dnt tink a rational man wil just wakeup n start beating his wife,  

And is it not dirty caustic language you read in sports threads emanating from dirty mouths. Guess what? The sports threads are populated by men.  What a dirt filled, vile place populated by dirty men. cheesy
Re: by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 14, 2011
coogar:

no. . . .according to the females on here. . . .men don't suffer domestic abuse at all.
it's the odd exception - only 2% men suffer the abuse in contrast to 98% women.

Boring!!!
You can start your NGO on battered men. As far as we are concerned, it is time to crush the issue of wife battering in Nigeria. It's just a matter of time. I tell you.
Re: by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:38pm On Sep 14, 2011
coogar:

because you were raised from a broken home does not mean everyone would subject themselves to that kind of childhood.
i believe your parents also go to nigerian churches - so the dust yarning probably started from the cradle for you.

Look at this coon LOL

You can only wish you and your parents could have the longlasting marriage my parents have that has NEVER seen any type of violence whatsoever so abeg comot and stop arguing with women like a phaggot

As for Naija churches, we dont attend that garbage. Any other daft comment you'd like to make? Were alaso.
Re: by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Lmao! You question my point because it lacks a source and turn around to make yours by citing unsourced stats? Gee whiz! How can I argue with that? I concede. . .you totally win this round. grin grin

http://www.parity-uk.org/RSMDVConfPresentation-version3A.pdf
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence
http://www.tellinitlikeitis.net/2010/01/abused-men-battered-and-emotionally-abused-male-victims-of-domestic-violence.html

stillwater:

Boring!!!
You can start your NGO on battered men. As far as we are concerned, it is time to crush the issue of wife battering in Nigeria. It's just a matter of time. I tell you.

Until civil rights group, NGOs and individuals like you and I pressure our law makers to make it punishable by law, it will go on unabated
Re: by coogar: 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Look at this coon LOL

and the idiotic midget spews again.

You can only wish you and your parents could have the longlasting marriage my parents have that has NEVER seen any type of violence whatsoever so abeg comot and stop arguing with women like a phaggot

as if i expect you to come here and tell us your father uses your mum's face to mop the toilet floor.
anyone going through most of your idiotic comments would know you were not bred in a controlled environment. . . .it was in chaos and anarchy.
i have never seen anyone so bitter about life until i saw few of your posts. . . .you need a rehab - sharpish!

As for Naija churches, we dont attend that garbage. Any other daft comment you'd like to make? Were alaso.

little wonder the domestic abuse in your household persists. . . .
send me an invitation when one of them gives up the ghost after the constant beating and mauling you see every evening in their bedroom.
anu ewu!

naijababe:

http://www.parity-uk.org/RSMDVConfPresentation-version3A.pdf
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence
http://www.tellinitlikeitis.net/2010/01/abused-men-battered-and-emotionally-abused-male-victims-of-domestic-violence.html

Until civil rights group, NGOs and individuals like you and I pressure our law makers to make it punishable by law, it will go on abated

you are talking to a brick wall. . .
these ones won't even bother reading those illuminating articles.
reasons why most of them are neither married nor being in a relationship but sadists, idiotic old hags determined to ruin every relationship at the first sign of trouble. . .

go through their posts. . . .
anyone posting in this section looking for any sort of help has been advised to leave the spouse.
my husband came late from work - leave him, he's not worth it . . my husband's car did not arrive to pick me at work, dump him, divorce him. . .
Re: by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2011
this thread sef na domestic violence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Think Before You Send Your Kids Abroad / I Love My Wife, But She Brings Me Bad Luck: Read, Think Before Judging / I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.