Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? (14721 Views)

Why Are All The Good Men Taken? / Among These Good Men Who Should She Marry? / Are African Men Good men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by MAURI: 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Op
   I am not naturally into the lovie dovie posts here on NL, this one sort of caught my attention though. 'cos it is sort of not loud and sensational. It's innocence sort of intrigues me, and I must say you come accross as well-cultured, articulate and friendly going by your response.  I think your time will come to meet a guy of your choice. You are cool the way you are from what u've shown of yourself in this post. Hope you not putting up a facade sha, lol,  wink
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by pendo89(f): 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
LaShawn:

@Pendo89
Maybe I am  wink cheesy

No, I don't mean that kinda guy. I mean a man who loves God, is smart, intelligent, well spoken, clean, has values, is confident, isn't playing me around, and is humble (it takes a strong man to remain humble). A man who won't take advantage of my calmness like my ex did.

Also, I have dreams and please, such a man shouldn't stop me from achieving them if those dreams won't be detrimental to our family.

Lashawn.I am now convinced you are my twin cz I have been taken advantage of by a 'God fearing intelligent, wellspoken,humble, and handsome kind of guy'.
I keep saying I dated a volcano.
So I changed and purposed not to put 'God fearing' first cz people abuse that phrase and use it as cover. Have the right connections and hang out in the right places. You will find them.But be wary of those who come in in the name of the Lord cz u cud be disappointed down the line.

Know what you want in a man and be friend to the right guys. He should be able to notice you from ur connections.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by citous(m): 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2011
Yes I do, but there is only one way to be sure aint it. I don't toot my own horn .
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Pendo89
hmmmn. . .interesting! Thanx so much, dearie. I really appreciate.

@Mauri

thanx dear!!

@citi us

hmmmn, we'll see about that. . . .
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LongOne1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^what about me? grin
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by citous(m): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2011
Yes we will, LaShawn.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Long one. . .I believe you won't be left behind cheesy cheesy
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LongOne1(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^Ha ha ha, that's the spirit girl, nice one.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by bekay911(f): 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
am so sorry but guys are not good they werent good and will neva b good. for where ;d
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by citous(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2011
How can I get ahold of you on a private site LaShawn?
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by bigcil2(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2011
emmm, cant say am good but am good lol, and am looking for a good girl cos i fink all dem good girls are gone, embarassed , holla me toh
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by BigMount: 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2011
A joke with respect to perfect man and perfect woman for you to learn from.

Once upon a time, a perfect man and a perfect woman met. After a perfect courtship, they had a perfect wedding. Their life together was, of course, perfect. One snowy, stormy Christmas Eve, this perfect couple was driving their perfect car along a winding road, when they noticed someone at the side of the road in distress.

Being the perfect couple, they stopped to help. There stood Santa Claus with a huge bundle of toys. Not wanting to disappoint any children on the eve of Christmas, the perfect couple loaded Santa and his toys into their vehicle.

Soon they were driving along delivering the toys. Unfortunately, the driving conditions deteriorated and the perfect couple and Santa Claus had an accident. Only one of them survived the accident.
Question: Who was the survivor?
Answer: The perfect woman survived. She's the only one who really existed in the first place. Everyone knows there is no Santa Claus and there is no such thing as a perfect man.

So, if there is no perfect man and no Santa Claus, the woman must have been driving. This explains why there was a car accident.

==== +++ So, good luck as you continue your search for perfect man +++ ==== we don't set out to marry because of love, but to satisfy our wants; to get official sex mate, companionship, helper, (financial support), (kitchen hand), someone to make us satisfy societal expectations, to have children as others do, etc, therefore look for someone to make you satisfy your expectations.

1 Like

Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by dayotheone(m): 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2011
no , we still day, because am good
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Anvaller: 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
bekay911:

am so sorry but guys are not good they werent good and will neva b good. for where ;d

Hahahahaha, she must have been broken hearted sooo many times, there are still good guys, change your strategy and perception would change.

@LaShawn-- U ve got a kind a pretty nick name, my advice for u is to evaluate urself, u are probably doing something wrong. Guys dont like ladies that are too "chicken hearted" or may be guys like them only because they can easily ride such ladies over. Don't present urself as weak and vulnerable to your relationship. A guy would respect u if he knows that u are strong and knows what u want just as much as u are in love. Although, this sounds a bit theoretical but it may also work if u try to fix it in.

You may enjoy the track "pass u by" of boyzIImen for some "soul-lyrical" advice on this issue

Goodluck
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Zaynee63: 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2011
BigMount:

Once upon a time, a perfect man and a perfect woman met. After a perfect courtship, they had a perfect wedding. Their life together was, of course, perfect. One snowy, stormy Christmas Eve, this perfect couple was driving their perfect car along a winding road, when they noticed someone at the side of the road in distress.

Being the perfect couple, they stopped to help. There stood Santa Claus with a huge bundle of toys. Not wanting to disappoint any children on the eve of Christmas, the perfect couple loaded Santa and his toys into their vehicle.

Soon they were driving along delivering the toys. Unfortunately, the driving conditions deteriorated and the perfect couple and Santa Claus had an accident. Only one of them survived the accident.
Answer: The perfect woman survived. She's the only one who really existed in the first place. Everyone knows there is no Santa Claus and there is no such thing as a perfect man.

So, if there is no perfect man and no Santa Claus, the woman must have been driving. This explains why there was a car accident.

==== +++ So, good luck as you continue your search for perfect man +++ ==== we don't set out to marry because of love, but to satisfy our wants; to get official sex mate, companionship, helper, (financial support), (kitchen hand), someone to make us satisfy societal expectations, to have children as others do, etc, therefore look for someone to make you satisfy your expectations.

Word!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by priest2u(m): 11:45pm On Sep 21, 2011
@OP are you sure you want a man that loves God?
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by kosoro: 12:11am On Sep 22, 2011
Can you upload your picture?
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 22, 2011
^^ I already told her. she thinks it's a joke undecided
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by stunna2(m): 1:55am On Sep 22, 2011
LaShawn:

^^^

Whats with your last sentence?? Men are everywhere. . .its getting a good one that counts.

available men are not everywhere Miss! it is because you start from this false assumtion of men everywhere that may lead u to ur unrealistic assessment of ur personal situation!

what do you say when i say categorically that the only reason that as a woman you have not been taken is because u r no good as all the good ladies are taken already , did i hear u say no - thats not true? well perhaps! this is the case with a lot of guys too, k

so, please list all the reasons you think you are a good woman and explain why you think you have not been taken as men tend to generally hold on to good women unless they think or see that she is no good!

in other words, take the problem u came here to talk about as a sex neutral issue and re-examine it over again, asking urself why u as a good woman is not taken??

make it about you as any student of philosophy will easily tell u that you have a better chance in this 'life of no answers' to finding answers to an individual issue -ur issue, than some unproven very hypothetical claim by you that all the good men are taken!

if every man who is taken is good, why is divorce rate 50% in say The US, ? hope u understand what that means, the relationship u just left because the man was horrible had same chance 50/50(as those of the married ones to all the good men u say r all now gone)

you r posing the wrong question, so just ask, what is wrong with me?? why can i not find a decent man?? , then tell us all the good qualities people have told you that you have and then we can begin to give u pointesr to help you to make adjustments in ur personal approach to men n love n love will come ur way soon, !!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by dipo1: 5:30am On Sep 22, 2011
BigMount:

I like this. Bare truth.

If I may ask OP, what age range of men does she find suitable ?
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by claremont(m): 5:35am On Sep 22, 2011
BigMount:

==== +++ So, good luck as you continue your search for perfect man +++ ==== [size=13pt]we don't set out to marry because of love, but to satisfy our wants; to get official sex mate, companionship, helper, (financial support), (kitchen hand), someone to make us satisfy societal expectations, to have children as others do, etc[/size], therefore look for someone to make you satisfy your expectations.
Spot on!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by sampeter(m): 7:01am On Sep 22, 2011
There are good guys just as there are good ladies everywhere. But d guideline is, u need to sharpen ur sense of analysis and evaluation, it doesnt take a century to get a viable projection on a person's xter, u just need a little time and information on him or her. BTW, every human being displays what they have inside of them in their words (the way they talk), their reactions, body carriage (body language), their look, desires (aspirations), hobbies, habit etc. These are the parameters for evaluation. Thus, allow little closeness for evaluation but be wary of ur emotion taking the better part of u, and before u know it, u r in d hand of a good one. Best of luck! u, and before u know it, u r in d hand of a good one. Best of luck!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Metalgoong(m): 7:28am On Sep 22, 2011
@OP (LaShawn)

When you say that your EX abused you, what do you really mean by that? . . . Was it physical abuse ( lipsrsealed) or verbal abuse?
Also, what makes him a manipulative guy? JW.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by MMM2(m): 7:42am On Sep 22, 2011
op

yes

we re no more single angry
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Muttex(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2011
Hey , tell me, do you want a good guy or you want the chosen one by God for you? If you have ound your man, even though if the guy is bad, God will give you the courage and wisdom to change him for good. Above all, pray ,pray and pray for your own man, i wish you all d best
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by member479760: 11:21am On Sep 22, 2011
yes!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Leysco(m): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2011
Poster, there are many decent, hardworking and God-fearing men all around you. But most of them may not be able to spend as you ladies want. You ladies fall into wrong hands because you are only attracted to materials things you can see in a guy now, and would neva give that guy a chance who is still working to make ends meet. Bad guys impress you with flashy things to have their way. Ladies, learn to look out for d gifts in a man and don't just be attracted to the gifts!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by janiebravo(f): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2011
Whats with the post your picture post your picture replies ??!!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^ some of us aren't here to BS her undecided
Her pic may help us analyze her situation better as it goes a long way to determine the availability of good men. Fact  angry
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 5:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
Honestly I want to say a big thank you to everybody. I feel so much better already!! I never expected so much support and encouragement, I'm blown away and today, I'm happy to be a member of this forum!

Anybody who wants to get in touch can do that thru this mail
lashawn880@gmail.com

I won't be posting my picture here. That's TMI IMHO. lol.

cheesy smiley
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nayah(f): 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2011
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 23, 2011
@Op, Pls dear we are very Scarce, u aint even gonna find us at the US stock Xchange cos our kinda commodity is rated 'Next Planet'! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are Most Girls Gold Diggers This Days? / Ladies With Nipple Piercings Goes Braless, Storms Night Club - Fans Reacts. PICS / The Sexiest Short Lady (dwarf) You Have Ever Seen? See Highly Erotic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.