Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

My friend and my feelings.... - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My friend and my feelings.... (13169 Views)

How Do I Go About Confessing My Feelings To Her.... Pls Help / Does She Really Love Me? Or Is She Playing With My Feelings? Help Me Guys! / There Is This Girl I Love But I Do Not Know How To Express My Feelings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My friend and my feelings.... by pendo89(f): 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2011
.NET:

During my University days, there was this chic who had a long crush on me (and I did not know). She did not know how I was going to respond (or react) if she ever told me about her feelings. Sometimes, I observed that she was acting up somehow whenever I was around, but I did not bother myself, because I didnt know what was on her mind (I dont read minds)

One day, she mustered the courage to tell me. Although we eventually did not date, we became BETTER friends. She became her normal self and did not have to bother herself about how I was going to react ('cos I explained politely without insulting her, why we could not be intimate).

Today, she is married to a very nice guy and we are still very good friends and she still holds me in high esteem.

Lola, my advice is that you sit down with this guy and tell him your mind. From your description, you've known him for a while, so I know he won't bite. If he returns your love, then congrats. If not, no wahala! At least, you have let it off your chest. Stop burning slowly my dear. Tell him how you feel. Who knows? The feeling might just be mutual, but how can you know if you dont tell him

Cheers,
.NET

Aaaw! so touching. But very sensible.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Princek12(m): 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2011
@OP:

does he have a girlfriend? maybe he is not attracted to you, because you know guys are very visual and are less likely to date a girl towards whom they have no attraction; he may have relegated you to the "friend" category, and you may never know until you find out.

on the other hand, he may be attracted to you and that he is just shy, waiting for you to make the first move. you guys need to act like grown ups and communicate verbally or sexually. Do something, doggone it.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2011
Call him while having se x another guy wink

LOL Joking. Simply ask him, the worst he can say is "No". The world stops for a moment, then it keeps moving.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2011
@cuddlemi, it's very unfurtunate that we both hav to xchange written words online tru nairaland, but trust me, if u see me live, u go take xcuse frm me b4 u alter sh**t frm dat ya mouth else na simple AHUMEN i go echo 4 your ear n d rest go be history! @sexkillz, d last time i checked, your comment on nairaland's numerous topic is out of your free will! Abi dem dey force u to make comment? No need to remind me pls! And if u like ya self, stick to clean words wen addressin me cos U neva can tell where yawa dey frm gas!
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Call him while having se x another guy wink

LOL Joking. Simply ask him, the worst he can say is "No". The world stops for a moment, then it keeps moving.
You got me! grin
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2011
Boyloaf:

@cuddlemi, it's very unfurtunate that we both hav to xchange written words online tru nairaland, but trust me, if u see me live, u go take xcuse frm me b4 u alter excreta frm dat ya mouth else na simple AHUMEN i go echo 4 your ear n d rest go be history! @sexkillz, d last time i checked, your comment on nairaland's numerous topics is out of your free will! Abi dem dey force u to make comment? No need to remind me pls! And if u like ya self, stick to clean words wen addressin me cos U neva can tell where yawa dey pass gas my friend!
Speak to youself first bro! You were the one that called other people's comment BLABBING! Did you not have something better to say? Or were you recycling your brain at that particular moment in time? Hypocrite! What is yawa? E be like say you smoke sha! SHUT THA F[b]U[/b]CK UP! undecided
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2011
sexkillz!!! Sexkillz!!! Sexkillz!! I said keep ur words clean wit me. Nottin is impossible and impossible is nottin, If u've got a glass jaw then watch ur mouth my friend.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by NET1(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2011
@sexkills and boyloaf:

gentlemen, abeg e don do. Let's not turn this thread to a battlefield! I think the poster wants some advice (based on our previous experiences) and not the exchange of words we are doing here now. Please let's stick to the thread and stop derailing it.

Much luv gentlemen.

.NET
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2011
I'm cool .NET!
I hate when supposedly matured men think with their arses! Hey LOAF! It's a forum man! And you cant do nuffing! CHOKE ON THAT!

Dont bother replying! wink
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2011
so sexkillz u tink because its a forum u can spit sh**t out to any1? U r nt safe.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2011
Boyloaf:

so sexkillz u tink because its a forum u can spit sh**t out to any1?.[size=29pt]U r nt safe[/size]

ROTFLMAOOOO! Are you serious? grin grin grin grin grin I'm scared sh[b]i[/b]tless! grin grin grin grin RUBBISH! undecided
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by deniyor: 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2011
I used to think Boyloaf was a smart dude. . . . . I guess I can't be right all the time
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2011
deniyor:

I used to think Boyloaf was a smart dude. . . . . I guess I can't be right all the time
Yeah! Once upon a time! Times change though! grin grin grin Sup bro?
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by denzel2009: 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2011
After church one sunday, just tell him you've been seeing visions.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Cuddlemii: 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2011
Boyloaf:

@cuddlemi, it's very unfurtunate that we both hav to xchange written words online tru nairaland, but trust me, if u see me live, u go take xcuse frm me b4 u alter sh**t frm dat ya mouth else na simple AHUMEN i go echo 4 your ear n d rest go be history! @sexkillz, d last time i checked, your comment on nairaland's numerous topic is out of your free will! Abi dem dey force u to make comment? No need to remind me pls! And if u like ya self, stick to clean words wen addressin me cos U neva can tell where yawa dey frm gas!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin So you are the kind that fights women outside nairaland. Convert your username to gentleman so you would know how to tackle a lady. You either ignore a lady, walk away or earn your respect with words of wisdom.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Freesia(f): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2011
He could be shy too ask you but again who knows why he's holding back?? When he's ready he'll ask you out maybe he wants to tidy a few things and he's looking for the right opportunity,if he doesn't say it with his mouth,his actions will let you know he's into you too.I just hoped men could be more vocal sometimes smiley things would be so much easier
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by darkside1: 8:23am On Sep 24, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :ololaluv pls dnt ask him out the best u shld do is to make it obvious that you luv him and if he does not still ask you out give him space then he will realize how important you are
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by lasunray(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2011
@lola,pls dnt ask him out, it wil diminish ur respect,
Y nt form a story abt a guy u jst met or dt is askin u out or beta stil 'dt u r abt to date' and read hes facial rxn, C d way he reacts towards ur story(and mayb ask 4 hes advice),4rm there u cn easy knw if its love or frndshp.So u cn knw d nxt step to take
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Maximip(m): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2011
Me thinks he's GAY

otherwise, he already has a GF
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by oliidell(m): 9:11am On Sep 24, 2011
Hey sweet, let me start by sayin that ur situation is not out of the ordinary. It happens. Some dudes are shy, & some just cant express themselves. iv gone tru al the comments, and most of them made sense, esp dose from cuddlemi and sexkills but if u ask me, i'l go with this;
horny4u:

I beg to differ with the ask him out, when you ask him today ,

are you ready to propose to him tomorrow
are you ready to pay his groom price
are you ready to ask him for sex
are you ready to provide and protect him
are you ready to take "I am sorry but you are like a sister t me"

Women are not helpless but subtle.
Seducing does not mean drop your gstring ,

it means act feminine around him ,
Laugh at his jokes in a girly way,
Use the power of body language,
Admire his muscles,
Cook for him ,
wink at him,
touch him playfully,
Adjust his tie,

If all of the above fails , then he doesnot fancy you as a girlfriend,

A man may be shy but he is not
a wimp
a sissy
and when most men see what they want and it is flashing green like a disco light they have it in them to plunge themselves in.

If you date him and marry him, my dear you will take all the decisions and wear the trouser for as long as you are together, be patient , wear your tightest jeans, be very sweet and girly, a woman does not need more than being a feminine woman to get a man who likes her.

The moment you ask him out your attraction in his eyes will diminish.

All in all good luck with the decision you take

Becos like the poster said, askin him out will surely reduce u in his eyes, dats very true. i'm a guy, so i can tell. do wat u gat to do as a gurl, U can even ask him wat his future plans are 'bout family life & u can go as far telling him u met a great guy who is all over u, while watching closely to see his reaction. Flash the green light u kno, but pls dont make the first move, and dont let ur live depend on the outcome. there are loads of other good guys out there.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2011
//

1 Like

Re: My friend and my feelings.... by strita(f): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2011
I wonder why I am dissappointed wit sex killz? I tot he was a nice guy. Anyway since I don't go beyond the front page I can neva tell.
@op. Forget him dear cos wen u ask him out u will only become his assitant girlfriend.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Tjluv: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2011
@ poster,u and this guy have been friends for 6years,nursing feelings for each other,playing scrabble and chess together,discussing how you guys will make a perfect home,and no official relationship yet?
Btw,do people still go through all the formalities of "toasting" these days? , just asking,
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 24, 2011
hmmm, nairaland militants don full romance thread
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by God2man(m): 10:55am On Sep 24, 2011
Asking a guy without contacting your creator is not the best. Wait! What about his first love? Those pictures you saw the other time. Have you asked God? You do not go into relationship like that, it is risky. Even though the guy is an angel, that does not mean he cannot change to become a demon. Good xter may be deceitful,you know. Find out from God if he is the will of God for you.That way,you lay a solid foundation for your marital life. Remember,psalm 11:3" if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do? If you do this, this guy will respect you. God bless you. God2man,
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by ojez101(m): 11:08am On Sep 24, 2011
deniyor:

Lolz,o bob u bad
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by SlamDunk(m): 11:15am On Sep 24, 2011
who b dis boyloaf sef, because u b rugged com mean say mke dem dey fear u. guy pack well. @op. JUST A SINGLE TEXT WILL DO D MAGIC, send him a text. simple
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by tEsLim(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2011
Maybe na born-again-christian love which comes with a lot of hypocrisy. Sista ask the brother out. And by the way sex is good , can help you guys bond so dont call Jesus into this business. He doesn't wanna know i tell you
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by WebSurfer(m): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2011
must he ask you out first?
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by dipo1: 11:43am On Sep 24, 2011
Its noble to come to a forum and give your candid opinion when someone asks.
The responses have been sincere but I think sexkills and co have left something out in their thought. No MAN will be a close friend to a lady for 6 years and not have a clear definition of what he wants.
If Lola's friend finds Lola physically attractive to him, he well would have asked her out. Its one thing to love someone's company and another to be physically attracted to that person.
IMO, Lola has done all within a lady's place: spent time with him, show him how comfortable she is when its just them.
We have roles and we shouldn't try to play other people's roles.
MEN ask a lady they are interested in out. If a MAN doesn't, another will.
Lola should be open to other guys so she doesn't tamper with the fine relationship she has with this friend.
I speak from experience, friends

1 Like

Re: My friend and my feelings.... by deniyor: 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2011
sexkillz:

Yeah! Once upon a time! Times change though! grin grin grin Sup bro?

grin I'm good bro. Hardly on NL these days - hardly any interesting threads that make you wanna come back to check. I can see you blazing hot all through tho. grin
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by horny4u(f): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2011
dipo+:

Its noble to come to a forum and give your candid opinion when someone asks.
The responses have been sincere but I think sexkills and co have left something out in their thought. No MAN will be a close friend to a lady for 6 years and not have a clear definition of what he wants.
If Lola's friend finds Lola physically attractive to him, he well would have asked her out. Its one thing to love someone's company and another to be physically attracted to that person.
IMO, Lola has done all within a lady's place: spent time with him, show him how comfortable she is when its just them.
We have roles and we shouldn't try to play other people's roles.
MEN ask a lady they are interested in out. If a MAN doesn't, another will.
Lola should be open to other guys so she doesn't tamper with the fine relationship she has with this friend.
I speak from experience, friends

You could not have put it better.

Within a year a man knows if its you or not infact within 3 months wink : 6 years of shyness undecided undecided undecided

@ sexkillz
Bro wetin i do you sir ? , please don't bully me o just cos you are stronger, ah grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naija Boys Invite Strippers To Their Home , Spray Dollars On Their Yansh (Video) / Why Do Girls Shout/cry While Having Sex ? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.