Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

My friend and my feelings.... - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My friend and my feelings.... (13170 Views)

How Do I Go About Confessing My Feelings To Her.... Pls Help / Does She Really Love Me? Or Is She Playing With My Feelings? Help Me Guys! / There Is This Girl I Love But I Do Not Know How To Express My Feelings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 25, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Go to church to receive communion. the bread is usually sweet even if its not the size of a loaf but you are getting heavenly peace. Stop stressing on fight, today na Sunday.
cuddlemi, u smoke? Abi u nor dey tire? Dem dey worry u? Get off my back pls. Shiooo
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Cuddlemii: 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2011
@Boyloaf

If you look above your last post, you might learn a thing or 2 from dipo+. Happy Sunday & I prayed for you. Do have a great day. In btw I was joking with you. I goof around sometimes, don't take it to the extreme wink wink wink
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2011
next PLS!!!!!
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by bossinie: 1:07pm On Sep 25, 2011
Boyloaf:

next PLS!!!!!
What are you feeling like GOOFEY
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2011
I'm back Lola! smiley
I'll start with asking you a simple question. Whose happiness is more important? Yours or the people here that dont know the turmoil of emotions you are going thru? Do any one of us realize how much you really and truly love this guy? Would you rather be proud, and not ask him just because there is an unwritten code that says, 'the guy must ask out"? Lola, i'm not a fan of unwarranted nonsensical egotistical behavior, that i some times categorically refer to as "gallivanting bull[b]s[/b]hit"! This is your heart we are talking about! Would you let a good thing pass you by, because you were too proud to stretch your hand? Do you know if the guy has been expecting your response all along, cos he made the first move, by saying you guys would make sense together? Pls realize that NOT ALL GUYS are MACHO when it comes to matters of the heart, also realize that not all relationships are meant to be formally or officially initiated, by the guy! It doesnt take anything out of you, does it? It also doesnt make you look demeaning, does it? Afterall, you did not just meet him! Look at this scenario. You already know him, you know when he's strong, weak, angry, happy, infact you can almost predict him! He makes you happy, you feel protected and safe when u are with him. You two already have chemistry. My dear, would you rather let him go, start a fresh relationship, and keep missing him, even when you get married to another, all because you were too proud to ASK? C'mon girl! All he'll say is yes or no! Does he bite? Or am i missing something?
Conclusively Lola, be the architect of your own happiness! NO ONE here, not even me, knows your own emotional infrastructure, more than you do! Dont allow some people use their Reggae Music, to spoil your R&B! Cheerz Babe! wink
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by harakiri(m): 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2011
Another reason why I keep hammering that there is nothing like "just friends" between an adult male and female unless he's gay,impotent,she's hideously ugly or deformed. Apart from that, it's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens. People just prefer to delude themselves all in the name of being "civilized" and "enlightened". Study broken relationships and marriages and you'll notice that the individuals they start seeing are the "friends" they had all along. The way and manner human beings choose to delude themselves never fails to shock me.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2011
Istand:

@sexkillz, Won't d guy b feelin lik a super hero? As in she xpresin it.[/color]
[color=#000099]No! If he loves her, he wont! And even if he does, let her just free her mind of worry and concern!
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Cuddlemii: 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2011
harakiri:

Another reason why I keep hammering that there is nothing like "just friends" between an adult male and female unless he's man-lover,impotent,she's hideously ugly or deformed. Apart from that, it's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens. People just prefer to delude themselves all in the name of being "civilized" and "enlightened". Study broken relationships and marriages and you'll notice that the individuals they start seeing are the "friends" they had all along. The way and manner human beings choose to delude themselves never fails to shock me.

Well I used to have male friends and we had nothing for each other. The advantage of having friends of the opposite sex is to learn about the opposite sex and how to apply that knowledge to all your dealing with the opposite sex. I was able to get trick & tactics of guys, how they think, what they like & dislike, their slangs, their runs, paroles etc. So I don't 100% percent agree with you.

I still have few male friends though, I know their chick well & they knew my bobo too, some even graduated to marriage with their chicks and I didn't try to spoil it in fact I inspired them to take the babes seriously.

But ever since I started browsing Nland, I started thinking along the line of what you are saying. Most threads, stories and generalizations only show that there can't be any platonic relationships amongst adult male & female because the human mind now is weak, possessive, greedy, self fish & lacks loyalty & trust. Some don't even mind dating their close friend's partner and they do it in the disguise of friendship. No true friendship these days because all union have motives and self interest, what we have is a fallacy or decoy to achieve goals/wants/desires.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2011
^^^ You composed that reply for an ATHEIST? You get time O! ATHEISTS have NO EMOTIONS!
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by harakiri(m): 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2011
@cuddlemii, You might have been friends with guys with an innocent mind but that doesn't mean the thought of taking things to the next level never came to him (or you). I'm pretty sure some of them opened up about the stress in their relationships to you and you probably did the same. If both relationships crumble, you'll be the first person you fall back on or wanna hook up with? That's right. . . It's your friend who knows you better than the person you dated. If those guys who are married where to open up all the feelings they had for you during the "friendship" phase, you'll be shocked. This thread alone tells the whole story. If both parties are attractive personalities, it's just a matter of time even though the choose to live in self delusion. Bottom line : We are ALL animals with needs.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by muzay: 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2011
i jst dnt knw y galz find it dfclt 2 xpres dere filinz 2 guyz evn in dz 21st cntury of ours,babe i'v got jst 1 advice 4 u dnt lose dz by nt tllin him hw u feel,u said d guy z a gud christian,u knw hw guyz lyk dt bhave na dey ar mstl shy of tllin a gal hw dey fil bcz he doesn't wnt 2 u start seein him d oda way rund.i jst dnt knw y galz find it dfclt 2 xpres dere filinz 2 guyz evn in dz 21st cntury of ours,babe i'v got jst 1 advice 4 u dnt lose dz by nt tllin him hw u feel,u said d guy z a gud christian,u knw hw guyz lyk dt bhave na dey ar mstl shy of tllin a gal hw dey fil bcz he doesn't wnt 2 u start seein him d oda way rund.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by witzsoul(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2011
i find it quiet intriguing most time, when one gets  stocked up with interest and choices, but stands no ground on ready answers when the right occations of interest  shows up it self, it may sound debatable but true, the fact that none is perfect, is also justified by the point that when you find something of interest to you about a person, there must also be something of strenght in you to compliment what such person might not have, is only a word of idae, i agree the female folks should be on check of her integrity , but that is not violated if only you can make him come to point with reality.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by NET1(m): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2011
sexkillz:

I'm back Lola! smiley
I'll start with asking you a simple question. Whose happiness is more important? Yours or the people here that dont know the turmoil of emotions you are going thru? Do any one of us realize how much you really and truly love this guy? Would you rather be proud, and not ask him just because there is an unwritten code that says, 'the guy must ask out"? Lola, i'm not a fan of unwarranted nonsensical egotistical behavior, that i some times categorically refer to as "gallivanting bull[b]s[/b]hit"! This is your heart we are talking about! Would you let a good thing pass you by, because you were too proud to stretch your hand? Do you know if the guy has been expecting your response all along, cos he made the first move, by saying you guys would make sense together? Pls realize that NOT ALL GUYS are MACHO when it comes to matters of the heart, also realize that not all relationships are meant to be formally or officially initiated, by the guy! It doesnt take anything out of you, does it? It also doesnt make you look demeaning, does it? Afterall, you did not just meet him! Look at this scenario. You already know him, you know when he's strong, weak, angry, happy, infact you can almost predict him! He makes you happy, you feel protected and safe when u are with him. You two already have chemistry. My dear, would you rather let him go, start a fresh relationship, and keep missing him, even when you get married to another, all because you were too proud to ASK? C'mon girl! All he'll say is yes or no! Does he bite? Or am i missing something?
Conclusively Lola, be the architect of your own happiness! NO ONE here, not even me, knows your own emotional infrastructure, more than you do! Dont allow some people use their Reggae Music, to spoil your R&B! Cheerz Babe! wink

this guy, you go kill person here today with these your high-sounding words. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy abeg, take am easy! no be everybody follow you go cambridge cheesy cheesy grin grin grin.

Meanwhile, howz today? Happy Sunday. I hope say you go church o.

.NET

@OP, it's either you tell this guy your mind or you move on, and then only wonder for the rest of your life how he would have responded to the invitation. You've known him for years. You know him better than we do. It's your call. We humans, sometimes put the barriers that rob us of happiness and limit us in Life.

@all the guys here. If you are the type who'll despise a lady for expressing her mind to you, I tire for you o.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2011
^^^ I dey bro! smiley
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by dipo1: 9:35pm On Sep 25, 2011
Nobody is despising a lady for expressing her mind.

IF a MAN loves you, he'd ask you out in clear terms. Would you choose the person you love over the person who loves you? Its not adequate that a woman loves a man, she must be sure that the man loves her and the only way is by expressing it in words. Ask the lady to be yours!

Till he is bold enough, i'm sorry, he is still a boy and probably will never be MAN enough if you take him as a boy
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2011
dipo+:

Nobody is despising a lady for expressing her mind.

IF a MAN loves you, he'd ask you out  in clear terms. Would you choose the person you love over the person who loves you? Its not adequate that a woman loves a man, she must be sure that the man loves her and the only way is by expressing it in words. Ask the lady to be yours!

Till he is bold enough, i'm sorry, he is still a boy and probably will never be MAN enough if you take him as a boy

Meaning?. . . . . . The love should be one sided?
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by forkadict(m): 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2011
Some of you advise the OP to ask him out.

Others advise the OP not to ask him out.

Thank God I'm not the OP otherwise i would have been more confused after coming on NL.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by taioluv: 6:36am On Sep 27, 2011
@ poster, let me tell me my experiencce. I like a guy very much n he too like me bt I wanted more from him, I invited him to my house and explain to him hw I felt abut him n want a lover, d guy wz so matured by letting me know dat all he wants from me wz my friendship, I felt so bad but afta dat day my mind wz at peace wt our friendship,I had to let go and I finally move on to get anoda date, we are still good friends up til now and no akwardness btwn us, so pls make ur feelings show to him, it is either a yes or no, and dos word can make u stronger in future.cheers
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Cuddlemii: 6:51am On Sep 27, 2011
taio luv:

@ poster, let me tell me my experiencce. I like a guy very much n he too like me bt I wanted more from him, I invited him to my house and explain to him hw I felt abut him n want a lover, d guy wz so matured by letting me know dat all he wants from me wz my friendship, I felt so bad but afta dat day my mind wz at peace wt our friendship,I had to let go and I finally move on to get anoda date, we are still good friends up til now and no akwardness btwn us, so pls make your feelings show to him, it is either a yes or no, and dos word can make u stronger in future.cheers

Thanks for sharing your experience. There is nothing wrong in making a mistake, no one is perfect. Having a matured discussion is different from asking out. At least the issue is not sitting on your throat again, you have moved on, he didn't take advantage of you becos there was friendship first so there is a little loyalty & trust amongst you 2. You are still alive, that is the most impt thing.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by sevule(m): 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2011
muzay:

i jst dnt knw y galz find it dfclt 2 xpres dere filinz 2 guyz evn in dz 21st cntury of ours,babe i'v got jst 1 advice 4 u dnt lose dz by nt tllin him hw u feel,u said d guy z a gud christian,u knw hw guyz lyk dt bhave na dey ar mstl shy of tllin a gal hw dey fil bcz he doesn't wnt 2 u start seein him d oda way rund.i jst dnt knw y galz find it dfclt 2 xpres dere filinz 2 guyz evn in dz 21st cntury of ours,babe i'v got jst 1 advice 4 u dnt lose dz by nt tllin him hw u feel,u said d guy z a gud christian,u knw hw guyz lyk dt bhave na dey ar mstl shy of tllin a gal hw dey fil bcz he doesn't wnt 2 u start seein him d oda way rund.
Ehm I guess the difficulty experienced by women in telling men how they feel would be the same as the level of difficulty in comprehending the morse code you wrote
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2011
^ ^ LMFAO!! I think he wrote on personally composed abbreviations
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2011
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2011
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by willarrie(m): 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2011
Well sumtymes wt d emergence of a fictitious boifwend,he'll be forced to take the bull by d horn and if he still does'nt show any form of jelousy, pls try d next guy.gudluck.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2011
Most peeps here have spoken well but you all are missing something else. I think this chic might be not so pretty!
Something similar has happened to me b4 and I bailed using"i dont wanna be in an unholy affair".
Lola,move on coz he doesnt like u in that way. You are just wasting ur time with that chap.u will keep waiting till u get old and u will wake up oneday and find him with one hot chic phucking with the bible beside them.
He isnt feeling ur personality and looks,period!
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by horny4u(f): 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
sevule:

Ehm I guess the difficulty experienced by women in telling men how they feel would be the same as the level of difficulty in comprehending the morse code you wrote

They will not wound someone on this Nairaland,   shocked shocked shocked, I actually fell off my chair laughing,  grin grin grin grin

NRI PRIEST:

Most peeps here have spoken well but you all are missing something else. I think this chic might be not so pretty!
Something similar has happened to me b4 and I bailed using"i dont wanna be in an unholy affair".
Lola,move on coz he doesnt like u in that way. You are just wasting your time with that chap.u will keep waiting till u get old and u will wake up oneday and find him with one hot chic phucking with the bible beside them.
He isnt feeling your personality and looks,period!

I see!!!
Make sure her ego has no come back and is totally crushed ehn
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, a man has a type that is beautiful to him and no girl is Ugly.
Women do not have an in built rejection mechanism unlike men, who donot internalise things for years once he [s]sees another opeke and oturugbeke he is healed[/s] but a woman will swallow it and it will affect most of her relationship till she becomes mentally tough and begin to build her self esteem again.
So if Op is sure she will not suffer deeply from the rejection then, her call,
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:53pm On Sep 27, 2011
Horney4me, gini ka I na akogheli ? Women deal better with rejection than men joor!
Read what th chica wrote again. They have been friends for freaking 6yrs!
Does she even know that clinging to this dude will make it difficult for other guys to approach her.move on with ur life cos he isnt feeling you.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
Lola, I dont mean to hurt ur feelings my dear. I apologize if had unknowingly appeared rude. But,let me tell u,if that guy for any reason feels something for u,he would have made it known by now.thats why he hasnt wooed u for about six yrs.do not lower ur self in other to make him want u.
Ekwusigom.
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by lolaluv1(f): 11:47pm On Sep 27, 2011
@all

Thanks to you all. I have seen different advise from you all and I have decided to borrow some things from most of them. . . .
Some of you are of the school that I ask him out.
The others said I should not.
A third say I should use feminine wiles on him.
A fourth have gone on to tell me that he is probably not into my looks and personalty.

This is my decision.

I won't ask him out outrightly. Not because it is not a good idea (thanx, Sexkillz and co) but because he might belong to the school of thought who don't think it's proper for a lady to ask out a man. Like I said, he's really spiritual. He might be one of those who prefer to do the 'finding' than being 'found'.

What I will however do, is to use my feminine wiles on him (not seduction o). As in, I'll show him I have vested interest in him as a potential mate. . . I'll put the red light in full glare, so to say and we'll see how that goes.

In doing this, if successful, he asks me out and we're both happy. If all fails, then I rest my case and I move on. I have tried!!

To those who insinuated my being ugly as being the case he has refused to ask me out, I beg to differ. Not to sound too cocky, I think I look okay and not just friends but also strangers (males/females) have complimented me on it.

I'm however willing to accept that I may not be his type. Which is possible cause everybody has a preference!

What is your take on this, my dear NLs??
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 27, 2011
E ya! Good one, all the best

Err ermm, kindly feed us back. cheers!
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by yeye4live(m): 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
i have all d qualties, love me too abeg n i will gve u all love bak
Re: My friend and my feelings.... by Kanou(f): 10:16pm On Nov 09, 2011
Any update? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naija Boys Invite Strippers To Their Home , Spray Dollars On Their Yansh (Video) / Why Do Girls Shout/cry While Having Sex ? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.