Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? (12949 Views)

Guys:...an Emergency Husband Is Needed / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by steeze(m): 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2011
@ebonyvibe,

what will be the use of him, really? You did not tell me you were dating a bodyguard.

These same girls will abandon you and run off with your best friend once you are condemned to a wheelchair or a hospital bed.

#issoraitsha
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by PETERANDRE(m): 2:15pm On Sep 28, 2011
@ NAYAH

I WOULD DEFINITELY FIGHT TO THE LAST FOR U BABY,JUST POINT AND I WILL KILL FOR U SEF.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nursery1(m): 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2011
Taking a knock or a bullet for ur girl or wife is not bravery neither is it love, its thoughtlessness. Call me a coward or a weakling(i appreciate the compliments).
A LOVING WIFE OR GIRLFREN WILL NEVER WANT HIS MAN TO DIE FOR, BECAUSE SHE WOULDNT STAND IT.
Am not saying its wrong to defend your girl/wife, but a smart man will always CHOOSE HIS BATTLES. WHO TOLD US THAT PROTECTING UR GIRL/WIFE IS GETTING INVOLVED DIRECTLY, IS CALLING THE COPS WHEN U KNOW U CANT HELP NOT A FORM OF PROTECTION.
YOU HAVE TO BE ALIVE TO PROTECT, U CANT DO THAT WHEN U ARE DEAD.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Ayowumie(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
Nursery 1:

Taking a knock or a bullet for your girl or wife is not bravery neither is it love, its thoughtlessness. Call me a coward or a weakling(i appreciate the compliments).

Am not saying its wrong to defend your girl/wife, but a smart man will always CHOOSE HIS BATTLES. WHO TOLD US THAT PROTECTING your GIRL/WIFE IS GETTING INVOLVED DIRECTLY, IS CALLING THE COPS WHEN U KNOW U CANT HELP NOT A FORM OF PROTECTION.

Thats my point bro. And if my gf is bold enough to cause a public fight, she should be smart enough to defend herself. If i were lucky and unlucky enough to be present, I would rather be a mediator and solicit for peace.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by femionasan(m): 3:02pm On Sep 28, 2011
Most women will not stay when poo hits the fan, it is just reality. There is no point getting yourself involved in something that could get you embarrassed cos you want to play Rambo, if dialogue cannot solve the situation, walk away and if it is the woman with diarrhoea of the mouth na she get wahala. Seen a situation where a lady spoke to a guy in a very crude and rude manner, the dude gave her the tongue lashing of her life, she calls her husband and ever dutifully dude comes running to wifey and acting all macho, another tongue lashing on wife and husband. Husband is stunned and cant speak, wifey is in tears. There was not one finger lifted but still his ego has been bruised. Fight ko fight ni. Protect yes but protect with a great deal of maturity and sense.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ebonyvibe(f): 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2011
@ nursery 1 but you are alive and not protecting and i repeat what is the point of you in the not so distant past men had to fight and the man the won will get to marry the lady.

This was done as it was a symbol that the man will be able to protect his wife in the time of trouble. Blah blah blah the woman wont want to yes she will want to i have seen many women survive after the death of their husband am yet to see a man remain single after the death of his wife
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Otunbakay(m): 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2011
Nursery 1:

Taking a knock or a bullet for your girl or wife is not bravery neither is it love, its thoughtlessness. Call me a coward or a weakling(i appreciate the compliments).
A LOVING WIFE OR GIRLFREN WILL NEVER WANT HIS MAN TO DIE FOR, BECAUSE SHE WOULDNT STAND IT.
Am not saying its wrong to defend your girl/wife, but a smart man will always CHOOSE HIS BATTLES. WHO TOLD US THAT PROTECTING your GIRL/WIFE IS GETTING INVOLVED DIRECTLY, IS CALLING THE COPS WHEN U KNOW U CANT HELP NOT A FORM OF PROTECTION.

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Otunbakay(m): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2011
Nursery 1:

well said bro, Those who 've hear let dem hear and if u still have ur head use d medulla oblonganta inside  @mrs chima tall is very cheap!
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by dayokanu(m): 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2011
Its irresponsible to fight in public regardless of the situation.

Call the cops.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2011
Again All this talking from women.
As a husband, yes I will take a bullet (missile sef) for my family, but AS A BOYFRIEND

I can fight a man, but when a gun/knife is involved I don fade be dat and she better scamper too if she loves her life. I probably won't stick around to be a meat-shield in the heat of things.

What you women need to be answering is this:
If after all that, this guy ends up having some permanent disability (paralysis, brain damage etc the works) while saving you, WILL YOU REMAIN WITH HIM TO THE END?   
THIS is the real question you need to be answering, not reciting me fairy tales from your favorite romance novels.

People generally think they're all good/loyal inside. They don't know how selfish they truly are until put to the long-term test (aka rest of their lives). Talk is cheap because 1-2 years down the road (if even) that same girl will be like " I've been doing some thinking. I'm sorry you got permanently paralysed trying to save me, but see I can't see myself living the rest of my life with a man in a wheel-chair. I can't be bothered to inconvenience myself forever out of guilt. Deuces wink ". And u go just siddon there dey hate your life. What's worse a few mnths down the road you'll see her again kissing another bloke in public while you roll on sadly by in your wheel chair.

This is a hard life people. I know this scenario never makes it into your Disney/romance story books from which most of you garner motivation and your fantasies, but it happens more often than is shared. I believe MBJ shared a similar-ish story a page back.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2011
Koyoke and Jaybee will fight in my honor. tongue
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2011
I remember this one girl I dated years ago back in secondary school!! Very stubborn and pig-headed.

One school day at about 12:00pm, my attention was called to a verbal fight between two girls. It was between my then girlfriend and another chick. Now they broke up the fight and I called her aside and told her to squash it and just walk away. At the close of school, she again went after the other girl and ended up getting the beating of her life, and even had her school uniform blouse torn off of her. I simply stood by and enjoyed the spectacle, after the fight I gave her my own school uniform shirt to wear and provided a shoulder to cry on.

Look, I am not saying a guy shouldnt step up and defend his woman from a bully or an attacker, but in all things, we must apply wisdom. If the guy is stronger than I am, I'd rather use diplomacy rather than agitate the person. Some girls would be there instigating a fight and when push comes to shove, expect their man to step up and get his butt whooped.

In calabar last year, at a club, a girl was dancing when a guy stepped up to her and wanted to dance with her. She pushed the guy away but yet he persisted. Now!! Most wise girls would have rather walked back to sit with their man until the person walks away, but she decided to take matter into her own hands and poured a glass of alcohol on the guy! The guy picked up a bottle and smashed her head, Her boyfriend whom she came with could only stand and stare because it was obvious he was dealing with a cultist who really didnt care much about his own safety.

Word to the women, Dont pick fight expecting your men to step up and save you. We are only human, not God.

Word to the guys, Dont go jumping into a fight that you cant win just because you want to be her HERO!! A kinfe is not the same thing as a fist. Even Heroes know when to be scared.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by femionasan(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^^^ spot on bro. Wisdom is key.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by slap1(m): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Wake up, everything is possible when you're dreaming.
Mrs, Chima:

Wake up, everything is possible when you're dreaming.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
slap1:

Wake up, everything is possible when you're dreaming.Wake up, everything is possible when you're dreaming.

Back off cockblocker! angry angry angry
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 28, 2011
@Shy one
let's take your points:
- a home invasion/armed robber/car jacking etc
what exactly do you expect your man to do in such situation? if i have a weapon then i may try to defend my home but, if a gun is already pointing at me, then i will comply to WHATEVER they ask and try to come out of this ordeal ALIVE.

- club fight because you run your mouth
rather than saying that men should defend you in such example, shouldnt you say:" we women should learn how to keep quiet sometimes"?
what would you do if you were alone? why would you A) pick a fight you OBVIOUSLY KNOW you can't win B) expect a man to jump in and beat another women for you or C) not accept your faith as a weak person?

also, IF that's your view about how to solve issues then NO WONDER that many men beat their wives to a pulp when they have disagreements. you women are so quick to insult your partner and even throw punch at them, and yet, you would expect us to WALK AWAY. . . . . . .  while you are here preaching for VIOLENCE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS. so, you either take your "fighting" option FULLY or you dont, but dont expect men to throw punches for your disagreements in clubs AND not do the same when disagreeing with YOU!

- club argument with someone drunk or stoopid
how the hell are you saying that you CANT walk away?! here is a clue, walk up to the bouncer, explain what happened and ask them to call the cops IMMEDIATELY.
there is NO reason why you COULDNT/SHOULDNT walk away, that's the BS many who aint got brains say. dont be driven by EMOTION, instead USE YOUR BRAIN in such instance!

if YOU have decided that you are brave/strong enough to take on that fight then do so at your own peril but, jumping in a fight EXPECTING your crew/man to join in with you, is the biatchest move i have ever witnessed.
why would you run your mouth then, if you aint got what it takes to FIGHT YOUR OWN BATTLES?!

what you dont understand is that MBJ is a believer of DONT PICK A FIGHT THAT YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO FINISH! i guess you have no idea of the consequences of fighting in club like goons, i do! i also know that it is NEVER the end because, even if you knock that person out, the fight is NEVER over. tomorrow if they see you, they will come back at you AGAIN with all their might. so sorry, but YES there is always a choice to WALK AWAY.

everything DO go fast during crisis but that's NOT a reason to lose your brain and do something stoopid. you have YET to tell me what stomping someone (that you cant beat on YOUR OWN) is going to achieve?
funny how you earlier talked about "NO TIME TO THINK IN SUCH SITUATION" but yet you want your MAN to have time to think and come and save you, ironic dont you think?!

why do you think that so many AA are in jail for BS or dead? how many times have we heard of guys being shot dead because they ran their mouth to protect some gal? thats what is commonly known as a NIG[b]G[/b]A MOMENT. where i come from, fights go TILL THE END, that means:"you better kill him because if you dont, he will kill you tomorrow!"
so here is what i am saying LOUD AND CLEAR:" NO, I AM NOT WILLING TO GO TO JAIL LIFE (OR DIE) FOR ANYONE'S HONOR!"

of course, sometimes you HAVE to fight to protect/defend yourself BUT, that's completely different than doing so because your partner finds herself in a riot of thugs or ran her mouth in a club!
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2011
quote author=MRbrownJAY link=topic=769878.msg9238387#msg9238387 date=1317228631

@Shy one
let's take your points:
- a home invasion/armed robber/car jacking etc
what exactly do you expect your man to do in such situation? if i have a weapon then i may try to defend my home but, if a gun is already pointing at me, then i will comply to WHATEVER they ask and try to come out of this ordeal ALIVE.

Shy totally agrees with your above statement - I wouldn't want anything to happen to you as my man!

- club fight because you run your mouth
rather than saying that men should defend you in such example, shouldnt you say:" we women should learn how to keep quiet sometimes"?
what would you do if you were alone? why would you A) pick a fight you OBVIOUSLY KNOW you can't win B) expect a man to jump in and beat another women for you or C) not accept your faith as a weak person?

I don't run my mouth in clubs , I just run my mouth on NL - I experience what is similar to the term "liquid courage" on this website!

also, IF that's your view about how to solve issues then NO WONDER that many men beat their wives to a pulp when they have disagreements. you women are so quick to insult your partner and even throw punch at them, and yet, you would expect us to WALK AWAY. . . . . . .  while you are here preaching for VIOLENCE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS. so, you either take your "fighting" option FULLY or you dont, but dont expect men to throw punches for your disagreements in clubs AND not do the same when disagreeing with YOU!

This does NOT APPLY TO ME as I DO NOT DO IT! I am not PREACHING FOR VIOLENCE you INSUFFERABLE EGGHEAD grin (just joking, i just wanted to throw that in on you ) - I am telling you AGAIN that there are certain situations that you cannot fight your way out of and also don't have time to call a police officer. In Naija if someone is drunk and disorderly in the club and a bully for no apparent reason - how much time do you have to call a police officer for assistance? PROBABLY NONE. Also why is it the case where "A woman" has started an altercation? What kind of immature, ignorant women are you around for you to continually use that as your example Mr. Brownjay, Sir?

- club argument with someone drunk or stoopid
how the hell are you saying that you CANT walk away?! here is a clue, walk up to the bouncer, explain what happened and ask them to call the cops IMMEDIATELY.
there is NO reason why you COULDNT/SHOULDNT walk away, that's the BS many who aint got brains say. dont be driven by EMOTION, instead USE YOUR BRAIN in such instance!

Some clubs don't have bouncers - and/or there are times that the bouncers are outside when a fight breaks out - when alcohol is involved many times you don't have much time to go and look for help - you act as though this type of incident(s) are cookie cutter in design and can and will go as you deem it so.

if YOU have decided that you are brave/strong enough to take on that fight then do so at your own peril but, jumping in a fight EXPECTING your crew/man to join in with you, is the biatchest move i have ever witnessed.
why would you run your mouth then, if you aint got what it takes to FIGHT YOUR OWN BATTLES?!

Again - your scenarios are from a point of view of "biatch moves and running mouths" - smh

what you dont understand is that MBJ is a believer of DONT PICK A FIGHT THAT YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO FINISH! i guess you have no idea of the consequences of fighting in club like goons, i do! i also know that it is NEVER the end because, even if you knock that person out, the fight is NEVER over. tomorrow if they see you, they will come back at you AGAIN with all their might. so sorry, but YES there is always a choice to WALK AWAY.

Apparently, You are a goon who lives in a cocoon - There are not ALWAYS OPTIONS TO WALK AWAY. Or maybe you are just in a different environment all together. When I was clubbing (my parents owned a nightclub that was "the place to be" - I can recall walking into the ladies room and being jumped by 2+ girls just by standing in the mirror and combing out my hair in their drunken, envious, ignorant presence - we didn't even exchange words - I was accused of flipping my hair in the face of the one and then got gang jumped in the bathroom - no time to call, no time to scream - I had to fight or get beat down - when it was over because I kicked one out the door and then security ran inside to get the other two who were taking turns physically lambasting me. American women are vicious buddy especially a large majority of AA women and can be some of the most envious and ignorant lots especially those that are young and uneducated. You use blanket statement examples as though that is the only scenarios that occur - you are very limited in your understanding it seems.

everything DO go fast during crisis but that's NOT a reason to lose your brain and do something stoopid. you have YET to tell me what stomping someone (that you cant beat on YOUR OWN) is going to achieve?
funny how you earlier talked about "NO TIME TO THINK IN SUCH SITUATION" but yet you want your MAN to have time to think and come and save you, ironic dont you think?!

I clearly said that we would assist EACH OTHER. You fruit cake. undecided

why do you think that so many AA are in jail for BS or dead? how many times have we heard of guys being shot dead because they ran their mouth to protect some gal? thats what is commonly known as a NIG[b]G[/b]A MOMENT. where i come from, fights go TILL THE END, that means:"you better kill him because if you dont, he will kill you tomorrow!"
so here is what i am saying LOUD AND CLEAR:" NO, I AM NOT WILLING TO GO TO JAIL LIFE (OR DIE) FOR ANYONE'S HONOR!"

What about for you life? Let's kill the "honor" scenario you keep pushing. How about to defend your own life in a situation when you don't have time to do anything else? Talk your way out of it? Cop Plea? Make an Alibi? What about situations that occur on that level? What about that? The Post states "In an Emergency" - On your own you again turn it into a situation that was initiated by a woman "running her mouth, blah, blah, blah" crapola? Can you answer this one for me please? This time just give me a straight answer.

of course, sometimes you HAVE to fight to protect/defend yourself BUT, that's completely different than doing so because your partner finds herself in a riot of thugs or ran her mouth in a club!

Now see? this one finally only an itty bitty tiny sentence - do you CLEARLY MAKE SENSE. This is WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT - I am not talking about a big mouth woman in a club. So you are saying if the woman is in a riot of thugs NOT INITIATED ON HER PART - you would not assist?
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Mikael4(m): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2011
[size=14pt]As long as am not with her at that material point in time, it would be quintessentially dumb & immaculately stupefying of me, to come running all the way from wherever i am to her rescue! The best i can do for her is advice her on remaining calm at all times and on how to hide herself! So many loop holes on the original post! What if i was outside the country, or we are in different states, or she's in Unilag and i'm in Agege? Or am at work? or in a board meeting? I should drive full speed to ensure her safety too? Or charter a helicopter? I mean, what tha heck? I love her quite alright, and i'll do everything possible to protect her, but sometimes, things dont always go as planned! So yes, while i'll definitely protect her in an emergency, the type of emergency should be put into consideration! Rushing head first into dangerous situations smacks of unenviable congenital immaturity on the part of the Man! I may invariably be thought of as a boy, by my thoughtless actions! This aint no Hollywood movie for chrissakes! cool [/size]
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^^^^

Excellent response - I completely agree with this writer. You are honest, refreshing - I like the "hide yourself" comment and you didn't place the blame on the woman. You also make known your loyalty to her.

Very sensible response. And she can still feel loved at the same time.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by horny4u(f): 8:23pm On Sep 28, 2011
I know he will protect me at least he always says he will  undecided but i shalln't be where trouble is anyway.

A man should protect his woman , sometimes its something as small as placing her on the inner side of the road while you walk outside.

No need to flex muscles, i want him alive too
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Mikael4(m): 8:34pm On Sep 28, 2011
Shy-One:

^^^^^

Excellent response - I completely agree with this writer.  You are honest, refreshing - I like the "hide yourself" comment and you didn't place the blame on the woman.  You also make known your loyalty to her.

Very sensible response.  And she can still feel loved at the same time.
[size=14pt]Yeah thanks! It's emotionally confusing at first, when you just received the call from her! Undeniably, the default response would be go, go, go! But then on second thoughts, how long would it actually and realistically take you to get to her location? Maybe the OP forgot, but this NIGERIA! A country notorious for Bad Roads and Traffic Deadlocks grin. . . . . What if? How long would it take for me to get there? Best i can do is ensure she is safe, by helping her keep herself safe, and then driving to meet her where she is; cos definitely, she MUST be in a state of emotional quagmire, shaken beyond relief & belief at the thoughts of bullets flying over her head and all that discombobulating stuff! By the time i get there finally, i'll be more composed to handle the situation and then comfort her accordingly![/size] cool
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2011
Everyone's selfish, especially when you both not married.
You don't wanna become a paraplegic first before figuring out this most basic life lesson tongue
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by WhyAWhy(m): 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2011
It depends on the emergency, since my love for her is an UNDYING love,

if it's life threatening, I will love to stay alive to keep the LOVE BURNING grin grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2011
~Mikael~:

[size=14pt]Yeah thanks! It's emotionally confusing at first, when you just received the call from her! Undeniably, the default response would be go, go, go! But then on second thoughts, how long would it actually and realistically take you to get to her location? Maybe the OP forgot, but this NIGERIA! A country notorious for Bad Roads and Traffic Deadlocks grin. . . . . What if? How long would it take for me to get there? Best i can do is ensure she is safe, by helping her keep herself safe, and then driving to meet her where she is; cos definitely, she MUST be in a state of emotional quagmire, shaken beyond relief & belief at the thoughts of bullets flying over her head and all that discombobulating stuff! By the time i get there finally, i'll be more composed to handle the situation and then comfort her accordingly![/size] cool

Your woman is very lucky to have you.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^I believe he created and answered his own abstract/convenient scenario like a sharp guy  grin, carrying your head along with it.

@mikael The general issue WE have been debating on ground is this: you are there, your babe is near, yawa gas, babe in trouble, what do you do?
This one has nothing to do with you being in UK/board meeting/etc and your babe being in the Australia. Answer am like that.  grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 10:37pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^^^

carrying my head along with it?

grin

leave me alone Mr. 2

cheesy kiss grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 10:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
@ 2buff

That is what you guys have turned the thread into - you have taken the post and turned it into another scenario

My new friend Mikael - knows exactly what he is talking about and answered CORRECTLY.  You don't like his response and now you are trying to draw him to "your side of the fence"

leave him alone - he is "with us"

cheesy

Mikael you did a fantastic job - thank you - keep being you - don' t bother with these guys.  They just like causing wahala.

kiss
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Mikael4(m): 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2011
2buff:

^^I believe he created and answered his own abstract scenario like a sharp guy  grin, carrying your head along with it.

@mikael The general issue WE have been debating on ground is this: you are there, your babe is near, yawa gas, babe in trouble, what do you do?
This one has nothing to do with you being in UK/board meeting/etc and your babe being in the Australia. Answer am like that.  grin
Imagine you are caught up in a bloody riot and you're hiding to escape from hoodlums and other dangers and the only person you can reach is your boyfriend.
But does your guy have the balls to come to your rescue?
[size=14pt]2buff! My Reply was channeled at the bolded! That implied that i was not there, or that i could only "be reached" on phone! If i was around, or close by, i'll pointedly tell you that there is no guarantee that the bad guys were after shooting my babe! So why unnecessarily confronting them? What kind of trouble would she be in, that she cannot take cover first, before calling me? Huh? May God not allow me date the kind of babe that her IQ is quintessentially low, to the extent of waiting for me to tell her that bullets can kill, or that she should hide! shocked grin Even if we are 10 feet apart, a simple "Baby, lie on the ground or baby shush", Would suffice! We go dey there until danger clear, but if she is too shaken beyond imagination, i could crawl over to where she's lying! Pls i'm not James Bond! grin I love his moves in his movies though! grin grin grin [/size]

Shy-One:

Your woman is very lucky to have you.
[size=14pt]Sure she is![/size] smiley
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Mikael4(m): 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2011
Shy-One:

Mikael you did a fantastic job - thank you - keep being you - don' t bother with these guys.  They just like causing wahala.

kiss

[size=14pt]Thanks![/size] kiss
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2011
I don't understand  undecided
[b]What else [/b]can you do in a riot except grab her hand and run if you're there or tell her to run and hide if you're not? 
That's not even an issue worth arguing about. That's just basic common sense.  undecided

I could care less about "sides" as my opinion is strictly mine, but the topic on ground is really one of fighting to defend her honor/ protect her/ blah blah in the thick of an altercation.

[size=5pt]I guess to make sense to women, a guy has to play it sharp and just be illogical too  grin. For that I hail u Mikael.[/size]
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by SAFO(m): 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2011
I dunno bout girlfriend, but I'd defend my Air Jordan's if someone scuffed them up in the club. Been there done that.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Orikinla(m): 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2011
If your boyfriend is not man enough to protect you, then he is not worthy to be your boyfriend. On calling the cops? Not in Nigeria. The men in Jos went to get the cops and soldiers, but before they returned their wives and children were already murdered. I have seen where cops took to their heels instead of responding to distress calls. There was a case where two young ladies escaped from rapists and ran to the police station during campus riot, and guess what happened? The cops wanted to violate them overnight! They had to run away from the cops.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Why Are Nairaland Romance Section Girls Almost Ugly? / Are Women Attracted To Men Who Give The Least Attention? / If your girl only calls you boo or baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.