Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? (12863 Views)

Is It Okay To Stop A Girl On The Street? / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Dating Someone Of A Different Race? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tinkinfela(m): 11:41pm On Oct 01, 2011
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Beync(f): 12:04am On Oct 02, 2011
The most important is the person has to be gud and should come from a gud family backgroung too
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by xxcarolxx(f): 12:20am On Oct 02, 2011
As long as you both love each other, are able to communicate with each other, Understand each others culture, There is nothing wrong with it, You won't be the first and you won't be the last to marry a white person,
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Lax75(m): 12:27am On Oct 02, 2011
I understand how you feel about betraying your race. And there's nothing wrong with inter-racial marriage but it is very difficult mainly because of external interference. If she makes you happy and sings your heart's song, I say go for it kid. But please erase from your mind that you should ever go to your village and marry. The only men that do this are cowardly men who are looking for a servant for a wife and not a REAL woman.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Ranoscky(m): 1:29am On Oct 02, 2011
Lax75:

I understand how you feel about betraying your race. And there's nothing wrong with inter-racial marriage but it is very difficult mainly because of external interference. If she makes you happy and sings your heart's song, I say go for it kid. But please erase from your mind that you should ever go to your village and marry. The only men that do this are cowardly men who are looking for a servant for a wife and not a REAL woman.
Are you trying to say that village girls are FAKE?

OP, let me tell you something. . . .In this life that we are now, the one and ONLY happiness that one could get and be forever happy with it, is being with som1 that he or she deems PERFECTLY COMPATIBLE, with!

Your dad married your mom, (maybe) not b'cos your mom was of same country or state with him, but, cos he saw your mom as the ONLY woman that gave him the joy and happiness that he needed amongst other women that he yanshed back then (dont mind my naughtiness) grin that was why he agreed to tie the know with her.
Now, are you asking this question b'cos of the long distance relationship, or b'cos your GF is a white girl from another country? If it's b'cos of the LDR (long distance relationship), then I'll advice you to stay off relationship, and whenever you feel h[/b]orny, you go for booty calls because, NO GIRL is ready to be with a man that would not like to tie the knot with her after spending the whole years of staying together with him in the name of love. And to me, staying with a girl in a relationship for YEARS (no mtter her ethnicity), and when it's time to marry, u leave her (for NO JUST CAUSE) and marry a girl back home, that's plain WICKEDNESS!!!

But if you know you TRUELY love her and you see her as your future partner and the mother of your unborn children, then forget about [b]A
and B's inter-racial marraige didnt go well, so-therefore, urs wont aswell, NO! That's an awkward way of thinking and reasoning! Long lasting relationship/marraiges depends on how peaceful and harmony both couples unite in, and NOT skin colour or other peoples marraige expirience, that's Elephant s[/b]hit!

For me, the only problem that am havin now is to get a compatible chick that I'll spend the rest of ma precious life with. Infact, I see my future with ma angelic chinese chick (she's even here and reading these while am typing it) cos she's the best thing that have ever happened to me!

[b]I NO SEND NO BAGGA !!!

Best of luck, brov!
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tinkinfela(m): 2:03am On Oct 02, 2011
Beync:

The most important is  the person has to be gud and should come from a gud family backgroung too

Her background is no issue at all,  I also have a very close relationship with her parents.

xxcarolxx:

As long as you both love each other, are able to communicate with each other, Understand each others culture,  There is nothing wrong with it,  You won't be the first and you won't be the last to marry a white person,

Thanks, she has all the qualities I want and extra tongue

Lax75:

Thanks bro,  I really think she is IT. To honest, my initial plan before coming here was to get my degrees, move to Nigeria, get a job and settle down with a working class lady. This just kind of happened and I think I love her too much to opt out. Also, it's the longest relationship that I ever had and I know it sounds silly but I don't really want to be with someone for 3 or more years and not end up marrying her tongue

Ranoscky:

Are you trying to say that village girls are FAKE?

OP, let me tell you something. . . .In this life that we are now, the one and ONLY happiness that one could get and be forever happy with it, is being with som1 that he or she deems PERFECTLY COMPATIBLE, with!

Your dad married your mom, (maybe) not b'cos your mom was of same country or state with him, but, cos he saw your mom as the ONLY woman that gave him the joy and happiness that he needed amongst other women that he yanshed back then (dont mind my naughtiness) grin that was why he agreed to tie the know with her.
Now, are you asking this question b'cos of the long distance relationship, or b'cos your GF is a white girl from another country? If it's b'cos of the LDR (long distance relationship), then I'll advice you to stay off relationship, and whenever you feel h[/b]orny, you go for booty calls because, NO GIRL is ready to be with a man that would not like to tie the knot with her after spending the whole years of staying together with him in the name of love. And to me, staying with a girl in a relationship for YEARS (no mtter her ethnicity), and when it's time to marry, u leave her (for NO JUST CAUSE) and marry a girl back home, that's plain WICKEDNESS!!!

But if you know you TRUELY love her and you see her as your future partner and the mother of your unborn children, then forget about [b]A
and B's inter-racial marraige didnt go well, so-therefore, urs wont, aswell. NO! That's an awkward way of thinking and reasoning! Long lasting relationship/marraiges depends on how peaceful and harmony both couples unite in, and NOT skin colour, other peoples marraige expirience, that's Elephant s[/b]hit!

For me, the only problem that am havin now is to get a compatible chick that I'll spend the rest of ma precious life with. Infact, I see my future with ma angelic chinese chick (she's even here and reading these while am typing it) cos she's the best thing that have ever happened to me!

[b]I NO SEND NO BAGGA !!!

Best of luck, brov!

"PERFECTLY COMPATIBLE" can mean different things. The distance is not really an issue. I've made it clear that I'm going to try to get a job back home after my studies which means moving back and she's fine it. One of the issues I have is, can I live a normal life in Nigeria with her? that's another kind of compatibility.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Lax75(m): 2:13am On Oct 02, 2011
tinkinfela:
"Thanks bro,  I really think she is IT. To honest, my initial plan before coming here was to get my degrees, move to Nigeria, get a job and settle down with a working class lady. This just kind of happened and I think I love her too much to opt out. Also, it's the longest relationship that I ever had and I know it sounds silly but I don't really want to be with someone for 3 or more years and not end up marrying her "
--------------

You are quite mature for a youngster your age kido. Most in your age group are busy trying to make the guiness book of records for how much punee they've plugged. Hope this lady appreciates you and doesn't mess things up for the good ones. We don't want you coming back on NL becoming one of these bitter bashers like the many that plague the site. You think she would be willing to move back to Naij and settle there with you? You know this is a very important issue.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Ranoscky(m): 2:33am On Oct 02, 2011
tinkinfela:

"PERFECTLY COMPATIBLE" can mean different things. The distance is not really an issue. I've made it clear that I'm going to try to get a job back home after my studies which means moving back and she's fine it. One of the issues I have is, can I live a normal life in Nigeria with her? that's another kind of compatibility.
Why not?. . . . If she truely loves you, she can be with you nomatter where you reside.

Lax75:

tinkinfela:
You are quite mature for a youngster your age kido. Most in your age group are busy trying to make the guiness book of records for how much punee they've plugged. Hope this lady appreciates you and doesn't mess things up for the good ones. We don't want you coming back on NL becoming one of these bitter bashers like the many that plague the site. You think she would be willing to move back to Naij and settle there with you? You know this is a very important issue.
Hahahaha. . . .That's funny, man! grin
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Lax75(m): 2:45am On Oct 02, 2011
Ranoscky:

Why not?. . . . If she truely loves you, she can be with you nomatter where you reside.
Hahahaha. . . .That's funny, man! grin

Na true talk bros. I just pray the girl is appreciative of his rear kind. Hate to see him turn into another jaded playa. Don't wanna see him turn to "the dark side" like Darth Vader grin grin
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tinkinfela(m): 2:53am On Oct 02, 2011
Lax75:

tinkinfela:
"Thanks bro,  I really think she is IT. To honest, my initial plan before coming here was to get my degrees, move to Nigeria, get a job and settle down with a working class lady. This just kind of happened and I think I love her too much to opt out. Also, it's the longest relationship that I ever had and I know it sounds silly but I don't really want to be with someone for 3 or more years and not end up marrying her Tongue"
--------------

Thanks, bro , I think huge part of that comes from being brought up in a one-parent family (mom) so I know how important it is to get it right.

At this moment, if there is one thing I am sure very of, it's that she is the ONE. She knows my standpoint on the issue of moving back to Nigeria and I think she's up for it,  but you never know,
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tinkinfela(m): 2:59am On Oct 02, 2011
Lax75:

Na true talk bros. I just pray the girl is appreciative of his rear kind. Hate to see him turn into another jaded playa. Don't wanna see him turn to "the dark side" like Darth Vader grin grin

Lol, I don't think I'm rear really. I just think it's best for me to start thinking about this now. I don't want to be over 25 and just starting to get to know my future partner.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Lax75(m): 3:05am On Oct 02, 2011
tinkinfela:

Thanks, bro , I think huge part of that comes from being brought up in a one-parent family (mom) so I know how important it is to get it right.

At this moment, if there is one thing I am sure very of, it's that she is the ONE. She knows my standpoint on the issue of moving back to Nigeria and I think she's up for it,  but you never know,

I was brought up in a one-parent home too (mom). Ok, this is deep. Seriously, kido. You are on the right track and I really commend you for that. We share the same mentality about wanting to get things right. For me, I've always wanted to give to the woman I end up with, everything that my mom missed out on in her failed marriage. Stay true to who you are and don't ever let the bad women change you.

Impressive.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tinkinfela(m): 3:13am On Oct 02, 2011
Lax75:

I was brought up in a one-parent home too (mom). Ok, this is deep. Seriously, kido. You are on the right track and I really commend you for that. We share the same mentality about wanting to get things right. For me, I've always wanted to give to the woman I end up with, everything that my mom missed out on in her failed marriage. Stay true to who you are and don't ever let the bad women change you.

Impressive.

Great advice! thanks
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by hugooh42(m): 7:47am On Oct 02, 2011
@Poster Considering your age 22 and i guess she will be younger and your status as a student,you guys are still young and being carried away by emotions.Sorry if i may ask is this your first relationship with a girl?Why not continue with her finish your studies and then know if the feeling is still as strong as it was.
Secondly,talking about going with her to reside in Naija,how are you going to take care of her until you get a job?I mean accomodation etc or are you considering "squatting" with her in your parents house.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by claremont(m): 8:55am On Oct 02, 2011
[b]In my opinion, life will be boring if I have to eat food from only my culture, drink the beer of only my culture, smoke cannabis grown only within my culture, think only like people from within my culture, date ladies from only my culture, marry from within my culture, have kids which are an exact replica of people from my culture, and die in my own cultural environment. Surely, there is much more to life than this drivel!

@OP: As far as Nigerian males legally living overseas are concerned, inter-racial relationships/marriage is the way to go. People who haven't experienced a relationship with someone from outside their race will not understand the rich emotional, intellectual, and psychological benefits of inter-racial relationships. Those Nigerians who you claim to have abandoned their white/green/yellow wives for Nigerian ladies back home, are probably the ones who got married initially for immigration purposes. Of course, some narrow-minded bigots will always think that every black man they see dating a white lady is doing so for immigration purposes, I wonder what these same sad foools will say when they discover that some of us actually don't need British/American/EU passports in the first place!

If both of you fancy each other, go right on with the relationship, and ignore all haters and narrow-minded bigots who find it odd when they see a black man dating a lady from outside his race. Good luck![/b] cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by pendo89(f): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2011
WHAT A MATURE THREAD!! smiley I cant believe this is NL romance section .
I love every reply made to to the poster. No emotions no insults,its purely wearing the posters shoes and offering[b] 'BIG BRO''s advise.[/b]
And the op even at his age is responding nicely. Its like guys are having lunch talk here! Gentlemen be blessed.
This manner of communication makes me wanna break down cz it gets into into my heart .Deep and understanding.
cry
Beautiful.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tinkinfela(m): 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2011
hugooh42:

@Poster  Considering your age 22 and i guess she will be younger and your status as a student,you guys are still young and being carried away by emotions.Sorry if i may ask is this your first relationship with a girl?Why not continue with her finish your studies and then know if the feeling is still as strong as it was.
Secondly,talking about going with her to reside in Naija,how are you going to take care of her until you get a job?I mean accommodation etc or are you considering "squatting" with her in your parents house.

Haha, no it's not my first relationship but it's the longest relationship I've ever had and in fact, it's the best I've had too.

Yes, the plan is to squat with her at my moms place until I get a job. It's a bit complicated but i know my mom won't have a problem with it, she always want what i want,   Also, she's financially solid (she worked for several years but decided to go back to University because of me). Btw, she is same age as me.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by MrsChima1(f): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2011
If YOU do not have any issue with marrying someone from a different race then our opinions are null and void.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by hugooh42(m): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2011
Fine,then go ahead with her so far she's cool with your vision.On my own part i was once in your shoes,but when i told the girl my plans which is to relocate back to naija to set up business in few years time and if she will be willing to go with me.I guess she sought advice from her folks and she avoided giving me a direct answer.Gradually the relationship packed up.Since then, i vowed not to have a serious relationship with whites until am done with "Obodo OOyibo "and go back to my beloved naija. And get myself a hot Naija mama,U know what i mean.With full statistics intact.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by pelumiboi: 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2011
god told you to treat others the way u wud like to be treated you shud marry anyone from any race
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by clintwine(m): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2011
My advice is this, when it comes to marriage, you use your head and not your heart. Many people have toed the " I love you " Path and have crashed.

As a Nigerian living abroad, you should be aware that when a white lady is in love with you, she is totally in-love with you, but once she falls out with you, she tells you she is no more in love and walks (Nothing like lets work hard to re-kindle the love). Most of them think that love is a feeling and they don't know that great relationships are made when both parties work hard to make it work.

You also need to look at her parents relationship, study it and be sure you can  live like them cos most times the daughter would emulate her mum character-wise.

Also ask yourself if you are willing to live abroad the rest of your life.

When someone says you should marry someone who your compatible with, it means you should marry someone who has the same core common values with you.

e.g if you are someone who believes that divorce is not an option, and you mary someone who doesn't believe that, then at one point or the other the marriage would crash.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by llbhuds: 10:29am On Oct 03, 2011
irrespective of her age, religion, ethnic and RACE, if she is the best thing happening to you and you can see that she is ready to spend the rest of her life with you, bro you don't have to think about it at all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by texazzpete(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2011
The OP is a dolt. Simple and short.
WTF do you mean by "betraying your race"?!

Abeg marry who you want jo!
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2011
this is a very st.u.pid thread. Really void of crap. What if she is asian, indian and so freaking what? Nor be human being? Na alien? topics dey scarce for nl homepage  embarassed
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by eghost247(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2011
[size=20pt]SILY THREAD[/size]
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 03, 2011
eghost247:

[size=20pt]SILY THREAD[/size]
Whats your problem? Can't OP express himself again?
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by johnshagb(m): 10:51am On Oct 03, 2011
Is this suppose to be a question?
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Eiregirl(f): 10:54am On Oct 03, 2011
I'm in an inter-racial marriage & we've had our ups & downs but we're still together. I think marriage takes patience & hard work no matter the race. It seems like you are really happy with this girl, isn't that what's important? Don't mind what anyone else thinks or says because it's only you that can make this decision. It's your life! Good luck x

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nayah(f): 10:56am On Oct 03, 2011
Poster, hi, what do you mean by race? everybody is a human being made by God and normally there's not a nationality for love or race now I know racism exists and narrow minded people but whatever I respect that , but my unique advise would be: marry with whom you love, respect and have consideration smiley
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by john6006: 10:59am On Oct 03, 2011
This are issues that tells more about who you are.
Only properly thinking will  bring you positive result.
But much advices sometimes tends to weaken your ability to think properly or deep.
I think Relationship must only be real not favor.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by john6006: 11:00am On Oct 03, 2011
This are issues that tells more about who you are.
Only properly thinking will  bring you positive result.
But much advices sometimes tends to weaken your ability to think properly or deep.
I think Relationship must only be real not favor.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by omo9ja1(m): 11:23am On Oct 03, 2011
I think there is nothing wrong marrying a white lady, I have a friend that refuse to marry his love (white lady) eventually married a black african lady after 2years of wedding she send him packing now my friend has gone with a white lady and they both happy together

so I will say if there is real love there is nothing wrong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies, Its Friday Night Again. / What's Your Plan For 2022 Valentine? / The Kind Of Boobs Called Oil Well (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.