Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? (12888 Views)

Is It Okay To Stop A Girl On The Street? / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Dating Someone Of A Different Race? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by jerryben12: 2:38am On Oct 04, 2011
It's is your choice. You live your life anyway you want it. You are old enough to make decisions. Just be sure to have life insurance.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tpia5: 3:27am On Oct 04, 2011
El Guapo:

Bro i grew up to be with Whiteys, 

did you?

this is like that other poster whose name doesnt come to mind, speaking very concentrated nigerian english, but claiming he's visiting nigeria for the first time?
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 3:39am On Oct 04, 2011
tpia@:

did you?

this is like that other poster whose name doesnt come to mind, speaking very concentrated nigerian english, but claiming he's visiting nigeria for the first time?

I grew up to learn English frm Mum who was Spaniard and Dad who was Nigerian, dont really give a heck bout how it sounds or is written so far my thoughts are aired vividly!
Spain aint the best of grounds to speak pure English, so allow me do it the Nigerian Way!
cool
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tpia5: 3:41am On Oct 04, 2011
^^your mum was a spaniard.

can you post other angles of yourself.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 04, 2011
Gerrin too Inquisitive bout me is one that hits me off the pedal, send me a request on ma YIM its on my profile, maybe a Lil chit chat would help address ya watching tom nature!
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by hackdacrew: 4:03am On Oct 04, 2011
I did not see any thing in marrying a white lady, i lived in Abroad too , i drop my Canadian girl Lisa, purposely because of my Niaja Lady, today she find another Mugu and someone who only show her money but not love ,our relationship end, a white lady once she love you man you poor rich what ever your situation may be she will always be there for you so i will stringly advise you once she love you and you know this go ahead and God bless your relationship ,
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tpia5: 4:16am On Oct 04, 2011
El Guapo:

Gerrin too Inquisitive bout me is one that hits me off the pedal, send me a request on ma YIM its on my profile, maybe a Lil chit chat would help address ya watching tom nature!

your claims arent adding up sweetie.

that's all.

you say one thing but seem the opposite.

eg

you say you were raised by whites.

you also claim you're half spaniard from your mum's side.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by 9janinja1(f): 6:05am On Oct 04, 2011
tpia@:

i think only an i.diot would need the approval of faceless strangers on the web before they can make up their mind about a relationship?

where do they breed these people.

is nl going to help you live with your partners?

leave the kid alone, he wants to know what fellow nigerians and others think. human beings seek approval, its human nature. Anywho moving on.
tinkinfela:

Thanks everyone for your input to the thread. It's true, true love does not know race. Of course, there can be added difficulties due to cultural differences that can make marriage harder than it already is; but, if there is love, there is no difficulty that cannot be overcome. For those saying I should concentrate on my studies and ignore this distraction for now, I'm sure if you're in a relationship with someone for 2.5 years, regardless of race, at one point, you would start to think about your future together. You would talk about it at some point in the relationship , what the future holds for you etc, that's the point where I am now. What makes this relationship exceptional is that we've been living together about a year since she started studying at the same University… not for anything else, but because we both think we can save money and share the rent. I thought it would be hell at first, but I have never had any problem with her , she pushes me to keep my grades up, there is mutual respect etc. So waking up beside her every morning, I'm constantly thinking, "could she be the one I'm going spend my life with?". I've been with several girls before I met her, back home and here. I've never had anything as special as this. If I do end up marrying her in the future, which is very likely cheesy I just pray God gives me the courage not be bothered by people like UgoBabe and their ignorant thoughts.

just gonna say you need to come out of whatever rock you have been hiding in, if you really love this chick go for it. not the one where you would leave her because you want to carry nigeria on your head and marry some village girl and resent the poor village because you feel she is the one who came between you and the other chick, then you start to beat her and end up killing her ,

btw whats up with all these men who have been killing their wives, its like every nigerian website i go some shit like that pops up cry. not good for my country's image
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by MrsChima1(f): 6:30am On Oct 04, 2011
9ja-ninja:

btw whats up with all these men who have been killing their wives, its like every nigerian website i go some poo like that pops up cry. not good for my country's image

Every country has their woes, Nigeria is no different. Most people focus on where the person is from rather where the person is going. People say the same thing about Black men in America why some of them are killing their wives, girlfriends, and sex friends. It has a lot to do with the person's mental disorder and the little respect they have for life.

For every Nigerian man that killed his spouse, I can dig up a white man just like him.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by OlokoNla1(m): 6:38am On Oct 04, 2011
Marrying a white woman is totally yuck! cry

i mean, have you ever thought of the folllowing

1) they age FASTER than dates left in the sun to dry out. White women are only in 2 categories. Ages 12-30 and 30-90. they start to really wrinkle, stink and age from age 30, why do you think the anti-age segment of the cosmetics industry has suddenly boomed?

2) Have you considered that they really require a lot of care once they start to age and wrinkle. They bend over and loose shape and look like Golum in LOTR, they need walking sticks, poo in bed and loose their minds really early

3) mid life crisis which usually hits them at around 35 makes your marriage potentially unstable after they hit that age
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by MrsChima1(f): 6:46am On Oct 04, 2011
Did you say GOLLUM from the Lord of the Rings?   grin grin grin grin grin grin

I agree, white people generally age much quicker than black people due to many environmental and genetic factors however if those black men who are with the Gollums doesn't care about that then problem solved.   cool

There is somebody for everybody and some will never meet their partner for many reasons.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by ektbear: 6:53am On Oct 04, 2011
Race/ethnicity doesn't matter to me.

Marriage is an individual/personal thing, not about broad groupings.

There are some white, indian and asian women I've met who I'm more compatible with than most black women. . . ain't got nothing to do with skin color.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 04, 2011
Yes, I think its just fine to marry someone from a different race! Why the heck not if its what you want.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 04, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Did you say GOLLUM from the Lord of the Rings? grin grin grin grin grin grin

I agree, white people generally age quicker due to many environmental and genetic factors however if those black men who are with the Gollums doesn't care about that then problem solved. cool

There is somebody for everybody and some will never meet their partner for many reasons.

White people age quicker? grin
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Slogan13(m): 7:38am On Oct 04, 2011
My wife is 36,white and an ex model. She looks much younger than all your nollywood female stars put together.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Slogan13(m): 7:43am On Oct 04, 2011
If they age faster(as some uneducated persons wrote) we die faster bcus of lack of care, no light,no clean water and no good health care in naija.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Slogan13(m): 7:46am On Oct 04, 2011
A white woman will stay with you for who you are not for what you are.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Brymo: 8:00am On Oct 04, 2011
[color=#006600][/color] cool
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by MrsChima1(f): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2011
talina:

White people age quicker? grin

Did I write my response in Spanish? Oh! I forgot to insert SOME white women age much quicker than most black women due to environmental and genetic factors. cool
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by MrsChima1(f): 8:15am On Oct 04, 2011
Slogan13:

My wife is 36,white and an ex model. She looks much younger than all your nollywood female stars put together.

Even much better than Tonto Dikeh and Genny Nnaji? lipsrsealed

Slogan13:

A white woman will stay with you for who you are not for what you are.

You are right, A white woman will stay with you for who you are which doesn't speak for all white women. Every creed/race/ethnicity/group has bleeped up women and men. At the end of the day, as long as YOU do not have an issue with whomever the opinions of others are null and void. undecided
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Freiburger(m): 8:22am On Oct 04, 2011
Oloko Nla:

Marrying a white woman is totally yuck! cry

i mean, have you ever thought of the folllowing

1) they age FASTER than dates left in the sun to dry out. White women are only in 2 categories. Ages 12-30 and 30-90. they start to really wrinkle, stink and age from age 30, why do you think the anti-age segment of the cosmetics industry has suddenly boomed?

2) Have you considered that they really require a lot of care once they start to age and wrinkle. They bend over and loose shape and look like Golum in LOTR, they need walking sticks, poo in bed and loose their minds really early

3) mid life crisis which usually hits them at around 35 makes your marriage potentially unstable after they hit that age

can't believe there 're still pp like you arround.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nayah(f): 8:32am On Oct 04, 2011
Miss CHIMA lol
hey guys please vote for your sister MISS CAMEROUN in this link http://www.facebook.com/missebeneofficiel
Clic on "j'aime" mean "like" below her individual pic NOT comments or the pic where they are both with her competitor

Thanks!!

Poster LOVE DOES NOT HAVE RACE BUT HEART
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 04, 2011
tpia@:

your claims arent adding up sweetie.

that's all.

you say one thing but seem the opposite.

eg

you say you were raised by whites.

you also claim you're half spaniard from your mum's side.

Shawty it all mean i grew Up In Madrid Duh! Raised by Whites and half-Spaniard via Mum doesn't that connotes a striking relationship to U?!

Btw -- Do u xpect me to write down a British or an American English when i never got to be bred there?! undecided Baby i've been with Nigerians both at home and Online, who knows they might have influenced my written English embarassed
Vamos creo niña
recta tongue Ok!
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by deenee: 10:44am On Oct 04, 2011
cool
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tpia5: 11:23am On Oct 04, 2011
You are indeed rambling.

I dont see men of other races or nationalities typing endlessly like nigerians do, just because they date other nationalities and races.

Seriously, something is wrong somewhere.

Its your decision how you want to live your life- why this constant search for other people's approval or always letting strangers know how " good" you have it?

And yet nigerians' image remains in the gutter.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Princek12(m): 11:35am On Oct 04, 2011
By ages 40-45, the face of most oyinbo girls will start to look like the skin on the wing of a fowl. By ages 45-50, the face of most oyinbo girls will start to look at the neck of a tolotolo.

Bros, if you don't have at least a $20,000 annual budget for Botox shots and dermatologist visits or plastic surgery, run away from oyinbo woman ooooo. They age like terribly.

He who has ears, the elders say, let him hear.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by deenee: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2011
tpia@:

You are indeed rambling.

I dont see men of other races or nationalities typing endlessly like nigerians do, just because they date other nationalities and races.

Its your decision how you want to live your life- why this constant search for other people's approval or always letting strangers know how " good" you have it?

One love Bro,

Still one love Bro!
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by sexywulfx: 11:45am On Oct 04, 2011
go on ahead youre not betrayn no one unless ur lyk really fine den YES ur lettn us naija babes suffer! but its up to you you know if you love her go ahead!its just colour of skin right,well all tha same on the inside.but me personally wouldn't go down that road i like my mixed and black men!tongue ITS YOUR LIFE AT THE END OF THE DAY! grin
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tinkinfela(m): 11:48am On Oct 04, 2011
tpia@:

You are indeed rambling.

You're very funny sha, where in my post did i say i'm seeking people's approval or "go ahead". Just like every other issues, some people are for it and some against it, I simply want to hear opinions especially from those against it. Chikena!
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Eiregirl(f): 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2011
Tinkinfela we only get one chance at this life & it is far too short to live it worrying about what you should or shouldn't do to try to avoid hurting or disappointing other people. Race shouldn't be an issue if you really love this girl. I've been with my husband for almost 7 years & I don't look at him as my "black" husband, he's just my husband. I know there are people that are against it & I don't understand why, but I'm not losing any sleep over it when I go to bed at night. I'm happy with my husband and that's all that matters. I really hope things work out for you, whichever way you choose to go x
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2011
El Guapo:

Like i said earlier, it all depends on the kinda Whitey lady u wanna marry.

Tom u dont underscore the whiteys easily forgetting that your so cherished Nigerian ladies has got tons of flaws, i can tell u a Real man can handle a lousy n dirty White Lady but then how easy would he handle a Cheating, Money/fashion craving, naive Black Wife?

Bro i grew up to be with Whiteys, i tell u few African Ladies {maybe few} can be more devoted n committed in a marriage than them - [Dunno what my wife would say if she sees this am typing o grin]

My brother interracial relationship is not just about a relationship b/w a black man and a white woman only.Many of us date other ethnicities of women so why is it when we mention IR dating we always seem to talk about white women?.My guy white women have been so much overrated and i do believe its the effect of the media that makes many blk guys have jungle fever about white girls.Let me tell u the honest truth.White girls might look good on TV but when u are very close to them thats when u see their flaws.Like i said before they have very offensive body odour that even when they use perfumes or scented soap u still percieve the odour.Sure if u want an easy lay then u can just get a white girl but if u looking for a liftetime partner then i would say a white girl is highly unsutable as a lifetime partner.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2011
^^^^ angry You do not know the honest truth about white women tom28.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SEE PHOTOS: 10 Kissing Styles Women Hate / The Kind Of Boobs Called Oil Well (photo) / Nigerian States With The Most Beautiful Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.