Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? (12886 Views)

Is It Okay To Stop A Girl On The Street? / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Dating Someone Of A Different Race? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tpia5: 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2011
Deenee

your life is your life however way you want to live it whether good or bad.

Nl or online strangers on the web will not live your life for you or any other noisemaker.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Eiregirl(f): 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2011
tom28:

My brother interracial relationship is not just about a relationship b/w a black man and a white woman only.Many of us date other ethnicities of women so why is it when we mention IR dating we always seem to talk about white women?.My guy white women have been so much overrated and i do believe its the effect of the media that makes many blk guys have jungle fever about white girls.Let me tell u the honest truth.White girls might look good on TV but when  u are very close to them thats when u see their flaws.Like i said before they have very offensive body odour that even when they use perfumes or scented soap u still percieve the odour.Sure if u want an easy lay then u can just get a white girl but if u looking for a liftetime partner then i would say a white girl is highly unsutable as a lifetime partner.
If there was someone on here talking about Nigerian women's offensive body odour you'd be moaning about that too! I personally do not have body odour, I shower & wash my hair EVERY day, if not twice a day, depending on what I've been doing in the day. Don't tar every white woman with the same brush!!!!! Are you trying to say that black men don't have their flaws?
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Basildon1(m): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2011
@ topic, without a second thorught as long as we are compatible
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by kpolli(m): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2011
Cos they see the [size=38pt]GREEN CARD[/size] in u
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2011
talina yes i do know the honest truth about them
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Ranoscky(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2011
Quote from OkparaIgbo: "In as much as i was infuriated by the silly comment from Ugobabe, but how dare you lay prejudice on her because she is Igbo who out of all honesty produce the best wives in terms of morals, cultures and ability to entertain guests as well as the man with both food and greetings and good behaviour. This cant be said of Yoruba girls because i have being with a lot and each time they get on my nerves with their loud and stinky mouth. Not to mention how they manage to always stink of poo every gad damn time, Jheezzz.
Dont even dare in your life lay a critic to my igbo sisters without a thorough investigation to your tribe Yoruba, !!"

I know you wil be so quick to judge me as a yoruba boy, but sorry to burst your bubble, Im an Ibo boy, but I dislike the tribe!

Quote from UgoBabe: "YAWN, categorize my thoughts however you like, but in all u described a nigerian woman or blk african can do the same and more, y do you have to pitch your tent amongst oyibo??"

Can you imagine the question? undecided. . . Why must you have a problem with whatever race he chooses to marry? And what are you also doing in that same oyibo land?

Quote from tpia: "i think only an i.diot would need the approval of faceless strangers on the web before they can make up their mind about a relationship?

where do they breed these people. is nl going to help you live with your partners? "

Sorry If I may ask, tpia, wont your message come across without name calling?

Quote from 9ja-ninja: "leave the kid alone, he wants to know what fellow nigerians and others think. human beings seek approval, its human nature."

I taya O, my sista!

Quote from Oloko Nla: "Marrying a white woman is totally yuck! i mean, have you ever thought of the folllowing

1) they age FASTER than dates left in the sun to dry out. White women are only in 2 categories. Ages 12-30 and 30-90. they start to really wrinkle, stink and age from age 30, why do you think the anti-age segment of the cosmetics industry has suddenly boomed?

2) Have you considered that they really require a lot of care once they start to age and wrinkle. They bend over and loose shape and look like Golum in LOTR, they need walking sticks, poo in bed and loose their minds really early

3) mid life crisis which usually hits them at around 35 makes your marriage potentially unstable after they hit that age"

So the rant above was YOUR basic reasons why white women are not suitable for life time partners? undecided. . . .Sorry dude, F9!

Quote from Slogan: "My wife is 36,white  and an ex model. She looks much younger than all your nollywood female stars put together. "

LOOL. . .Tell em, man! grin

Quote from Slogan: "If they age faster(as some uneducated persons wrote) we die faster bcus of lack of care, no light,no clean water and no good health care in naija."

Take am easy, bro! grin

Quote from Slogan: "A white woman will stay with you for who you are not for what you are."

Abi o, my broda. Not all those money monggers floaking all around the streets, searching for the next guy to suck and dry up his bank account!

Quote from freiburger: "can't believe there 're still pp like you arround."

Am telling you!

Quote from tom28: "My brother interracial relationship is not just about a relationship b/w a black man and a white woman only.Many of us date other ethnicities of women so why is it when we mention IR dating we always seem to talk about white women?.My guy white women have been so much overrated and i do believe its the effect of the media that makes many blk guys have jungle fever about white girls.Let me tell u the honest truth.White girls might look good on TV but when  u are very close to them thats when u see their flaws.Like i said before they have very offensive body odour that even when they use perfumes or scented soap u still percieve the odour.[/b]Sure if u want an easy lay then u can just get a white girl but if u looking for a liftetime partner then i would say a white girl is highly unsutable as a lifetime partner."

[b]Best believe me, you CANT stay 1munite with som1 that has body odour, not to talk of living in a country where YOU claim that they have body odour!

Quote fromEiregirl: "If there was someone on here talking about Nigerian women's offensive body odour you'd be moaning about that too! I personally do not have body odour, I shower & wash my hair EVERY day, if not twice a day, depending on what I've been doing in the day. Don't tar every white woman with the same brush!!!!! Are you trying to say that black men don't have their flaws?"

Dont get too angry about what tom28 said. Deep down, he knows he is NOT saying the truth, and OFCOURSE, we black men gat our flaws, too!

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by fixit4me: 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
At first i wanted to pour out my venom at some biased and uninformed guys talking poo about the white women having freckles, wrinkles, pale skin bla bla bla, but i came to another basement of reasoning that such people are just so pathetic and need quality help, I hate stereotyping and feel those who indulge in it are somewhat uneducated or have refused to see the dangers of a single story.
Trust me when i say i have been there and respect those who have come on here to touch on their true life story making it possible for others who are tolling that path to learn from the school of reality. I have experienced both extremes of bad and good white ladies vis a vis black ladies and strongly believe that people should be judged by personal encounter and not race.
But what i have learnt so far been a member of nairaland is to jettison those with childish behaviour, who of course can't put a face to their disdainful comments on a social media site, and hope Seun can re-access policies guiding online comments as free speech is too important to be left to fend for itself in a large community like Nairaland, and i still maintain that one major way is to integrate user's login system with Facebook in order to make it harder for commentators to hide behind pseudonyms.
It doesn't matter if you are black or white and i can tell you with both sides of my chins that white women don't smell, and ironically they age faster but live longer. One of the ways to have a successful IR marriage is to engage in constructive discussions about the cultural clashes and differences, put forward a robust spectrum of civilised discussion with your partner about the intricacies IR's, and with time you would understand that the much colour debate of been white or black is really not the crux of the matter, but cultural differences. When i met my wonderful european wife to be, I told her about a govt program in Nigeria I grew up to know under OBJ's regime called "FSP" family support program and the whole idea behind it that not so many people have been privileged to understand was a misrepresentation that the program was created by the govt to help Nigerian families, but in reality it was just about the Nigerian families helping themselves, and she was able to draw a clear cut distinction between the social benefit state in Europe (govt for us all) and the family benefit in Africa (family for us all) and saw the need to send money home to folks.
Talking about the white race been over-rated, i think this could be hinged on statistics that show we have more IR marriages between blacks and caucacian whites than hispanic or other races.
Poster i seriously salute your courage considering your age and empathize with supposed adults who come here talking thrash about other races in an attempt to run you down, but i must tell you "awon lo ma run down".
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by lepasharon(f): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2011
I bet she freaks you out,dont you know oyinbo women beleive in sticking their hand up ppls rectum in the name of pleasure?

They freak you out.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Dondav(m): 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2011
@op, if i were in France, i would have married Nayah.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by vislabraye(m): 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2011
Marry for yourself. You aint betraying no body.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nayah(f): 8:33pm On Oct 04, 2011
Dondav loooool
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by UgoBabe(f): 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2011
Ranoscky:

Quote from UgoBabe: "YAWN, categorize my thoughts however you like, but in all u described a nigerian woman or blk african can do the same and more, y do you have to pitch your tent amongst oyibo??"

Can you imagine the question? undecided. . . Why must you have a problem with whatever race he chooses to marry? And what are you also doing in that same oyibo land?

i wonder y you and others asking me the same question can not understand that there is NO BASIS for asking me this question based on my response, me being in ala bekee is not based on any LOVE RELATIONSHIP, it is based on a NEED made necessary because WHITE forefathers colonized my country and caused the resulting state of affairs in nigeria as seen today, so stop asking me why am i here,

as naija was pillaged before we gained our "independence" let me come to their countries and re-claim/ seek what is rightfully mine, no apologies necessary
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tpia5: 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2011
do people such as the op expect a prize or something?

what for?

not to mention do black or non-white women [not including asians] get the same type of acceptance when they date or marry out of their race and nationality?

please stop disturbing nl with all these irrelevant threads.

una dey idle sha.

hope some of these people know they are dating a person, not the entire race.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 05, 2011
OP when you get married to your oyibo pepper sweety make sure you tender your green card wella.Apart from green card i dont see what an average african man can benefit from a white woman since they are not family oriented.White women have issues not to mention their suicidal tendencies and their crazy addiction to drugs.I mean come to america and u will see most of them are certainly no different from those mad ones u see on the jerry springer show.Yes black women might have their own problem but a white woman"s wahala is fifty times that of a black woman and also remember if u piss off a white woman in anyway she could blow off your brains with a shotgun.I hope u remember the case of Piper Roundtree who blasted her hubby to pieces with a shotgun because he dared to take the kids for an outing without her permission.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 05, 2011
tpia@:

do people such as the op expect a prize or something?

what for?

not to mention do black or non-white women [not including asians] get the same type of acceptance when they date or marry out of their race and nationality?

please stop disturbing nl with all these irrelevant threads.

una dey idle sha.

hope some of these people know they are dating a person, not the entire race.
He could get a prize for all you know.Who knows he might be featured in the ricky lake show with his white girlfriend.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Jenifa1: 1:05am On Oct 05, 2011
@OP,
If you've dated her for 3 yrs and it's the best relationship you ever had, obviously then you should stay with her.
I don't want to play sigmund freud here but, why do you feel that you are being a sell out? Is there a reason. can you give a specific example or explanation?
I think I get where you are coming from but you need to be more explicit abt your problem. where does the feeling of guilt and betrayal come from? Is it coming from peer pressure? the fact that all your friends went back home to marry a naija girl?
what kind of married lifestyle do u want for yourself?

I'm sure you can find ways to connect with interracial couples like urself if it makes you feel better.

am listening to the foolishness written here: its ok, i married one, my uncle married one, i have two obamas- clap for yourselves.

lol
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 05, 2011
@ tom28,
Your comments about white woman must only apply to the ones YOU have known and do not apply to most. Or it is simply your own opinion. Geeeez!
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Ranoscky(m): 3:41am On Oct 05, 2011
UgoBabe:

i wonder y you and others asking me the same question can not understand that there is NO BASIS for asking me this question based on my response, me being in ala bekee is not based on any LOVE RELATIONSHIP, it is based on a NEED made necessary because WHITE forefathers colonized my country and caused the resulting state of affairs in nigeria as seen today, so stop asking me why am i here,

as naija was pillaged before we gained our "independence" let me come to their countries and re-claim/ seek what is rightfully mine, no apologies necessary
So, all the political looting by the Gov'mt/past NIG'n leaders are not the basic cause of naija's ill guttered situation today, right?

Keep deludin in the past memories of the white folks colony.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by N101: 10:11am On Oct 05, 2011
Why is it that so many black men will always justify marrying outside their race and find fault with black women?

Of the white and Asian men who exclusively date black women that I've met, I've[b] never[/b] heard them bad mouthing their women  undecided Neither have I heard as many black women marrying/dating white men respond the way black men married to/dating white women speak.

It seems that a lot of black men "marrying out" have serious issues.  If you have to justify marrying someone not from your race or culture by bad mouthing your women, there is something wrong with you.

Marry who you love and you are compatible with, not because of their colour.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Eiregirl(f): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2011
@ Ranoscky - I'm not angry. All of tom28 posts here are totally idiotic!!!! I feel sorry for him undecided
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by MrsChima1(f): 10:50am On Oct 05, 2011
N101:

Why is it that so many black men will always justify marrying outside their race and find fault with black women?

Of the white and Asian men who exclusively date black women that I've met, I've[b] never[/b] heard them bad mouthing their women  undecided  Neither have I heard as many black women marrying/dating white men respond the way black men married to/dating white women speak.

It seems that a lot of black men "marrying out" have serious issues.  If you have to justify marrying someone not from your race or culture by bad mouthing your women, there is something wrong with you.

Marry who you love and you are compatible with, not because of their colour.

There you go.  When someone has to justify the reasons for dating others than their own it is a lie.  Why would you care about others' opinions if you are in love with someone that doesn't look like you?  (Not saying you per se) 

Many of the black men (not all of them) have dated/married others and after x,y, and z went  back to their own. 

A few of the black men admitted that they do it to make black women jealous and hoping the jealousy would change their attitude/behavior.  Let us not get into the fuckery many of the white women have done to black men that are much worse then a black woman copping an attitude.   undecided

Even white men doesn't run their mouth off about white women.  I can think of one reason why. 

Lorena Bobbit!
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by tpia5: 10:58am On Oct 05, 2011
Something is seriously wrong with these men.

The behaviour is not normal at all.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by vislabraye(m): 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2011
You can't really satisfy every body. Marriage is a very very personal thing. I hear some black ladies complain that rich successful black men marry other races, but when they were poor they dated black ladies. It could be true or not, but it's their business who they want to marry.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by anonymous6(f): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2011
It depends on the type of person you are & what is important to you in a marriage. If love overrides culture for you and you don't necessarily care of carrying on your culture and/or race then it won't be a problem because if you potentially have kids with her just know they will be the culture of their mother, if you can accept that then fine because I have noticed a flip flop affect with Nigerian men who are married out of their race and culture to whites and etc

For me I will only marry a Yoruba man since I am Yoruba because I take my culture seriously when it comes to marriage and to me love can be found in your culture. So it isn't a issue for me I ponder over because, I have noticed the people that marry outside their race & culture tend to not care about holding on to culture and care more for love but if you are the type of person who cares for culture and carrying on other stuff over love then I seriously advise you to watch out because it can come out and haunt you. You also have to think of you family as well how that will effect the marriage to.

I would like to add though that To many old world cultures, which includes Nigerians, majority marry within their own race and culture; but new world cultures(many nations which are majority white in population) they don't, at least most of them don't really care what race they marry(America is a exception though). Non is bad that is just the way it is
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2011
Tiger Woods wife"s blonde wife bitched him up and took all his money and right now Tiger Wood"s career is almost plummeting,
Amanda knox aka foxy knoxy the white american lady who was responsible for the brutal murder of her british room mate in Italy is now free as a bird and the person made to feel the heat of the murder is her former boss in italy who happened to be a blk man.According to Amanda Knox he was the one who did the murder but according to the her former boss who happens to be from west africa it was amanda who contacted him and made him cover up the body and she and her italian boyfriend had done the deed.Anyway its her word against his but then Amanda is right now free as the bird while her former boss is rotting away in jail.
Susan smith some yrs back drowned her kids and blamed a blk man for it and had it not being for the grace of god maybe an innocent blk man would have been made to burn for it.Who ever said white women are the innocent looking fragile creatures grin grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by saraj(f): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2011
tom28:

OP when you get married to your oyibo pepper sweety make sure you tender your green card wella.Apart from green card i dont see what an average african man can benefit from a white woman since they are not family oriented.White women have issues not to mention their suicidal tendencies and their crazy addiction to drugs.I mean come to america and u will see most of them are certainly no different from those mad ones u see on the jerry springer show.Yes black women might have their own problem but a white woman"s wahala is fifty times that of a black woman and also remember if u piss off a white woman in anyway she could blow off your brains with a shotgun.I hope u remember the case of Piper Roundtree who blasted her hubby to pieces with a shotgun because he dared to take the kids for an outing without her permission.

What is it with you and your venom towards white women?
What have they done to you to provoke such negative
comments? If they have not done anything then I suggest
you seek professional help because you have some serious
mental health issues.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by MMM2(m): 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2011
op dere is nothing dere my 2nd wife is not from down town
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2011
sara j:

What is it with you and your venom towards white women?
What have they done to you to provoke such negative
comments? If they have not done anything then I suggest
you seek professional help because you have some serious
mental health issues.
Whats getting you all unsettled?.Is it because i said many african men are married to white women just for the reason of greencard?.This is no new issue because many of our nigerian collegues married to white women over here in america and in europe have african wives with kids back home.I mean they dont hide this issues from their friends though they might keep it from their white wives.
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by saraj(f): 8:45pm On Oct 11, 2011
tom28:

Whats getting you all unsettled?.Is it because i said many african men are married to white women just for the reason of greencard?.This is no new issue because many of our nigerian collegues married to white women over here in america and in europe have african wives with kids back home.I mean they dont hide this issues from their friends though they might keep it from their white wives.

My father is African and has been married to my white mother
for 30 years so stop speaking for every African man, thanks.
You're portraying African men as sleazy, lying, ruthless and cheating
scumbags who lead multiple lives which not all of them are
which you seem to be implying.
I think you're the unsettled one since you hate white women
so much and you still haven't answered the question as to
why such hatred. I'm guessing that you were married to a
white, you p!ssed her off somehow and she shopped you
to immigration. Am I correct
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2011
Na the fat and ugly white women that get duped by scammers and green card seekers and the beautiful classy white chicks dont get duped.its the same way that the fat ugly white girls get used by blk american men and many of them even fund the drug trade for many of their blk american boyfriends.Man its tough being a fattie grin.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by emofine(f): 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2011
so long both parties are governed by love, then yes it is okay smiley

lefulefu:

Na the fat and ugly white women that get duped by scammers and green card seekers and the beautiful classy white chicks dont get duped.its the same way that the fat ugly white girls get used by blk american men and many of them even fund the drug trade for many of their blk american boyfriends.[size=15pt]Man its tough being a fattie [/size]grin.

Is that why you don dey do campaigning for am wit dat your avatar?
Re: Is It Okay To Marry Someone From A Different Race? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 11, 2011
emofine u must be a very fat woman.am i correct? cool.abeg dnt take my question out of context because i am not prejudiced against fat women ooo.Its just i cant phuk them grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SEE PHOTOS: 10 Kissing Styles Women Hate / The Kind Of Boobs Called Oil Well (photo) / Can You Forgive A Cheating Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.