Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,662 members, 7,959,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:02 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1330594 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 9:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
Moma2 u r highly welcome and may ur stay here be very short in Jesus name as I pray many of us to move over to d pregnancy thread soonest. Feel free to share.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ijeaify: 9:41am On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=Fruitfulmum]Hmmm. Before I decided to go for ivf , I discovered
the tsunami that happened on nairaland wiped my
post, I was diagnosed of bilateral hydrosalpinx the
diagnosis came after an hsg and laparoscopy so they
advised I did a ligation of my tubes which I did before
the ivf and I took a lot so many supplement that I
read on line enhances I f successes like omega 3 oil,
bee pollen and propolis , extra folic acid and walnut these are just the few I can remember Fast forward to 31weeks and 3 days.
I saw fluid draining down my legs while on admission
for sepsis at the hospital and I called the Attention of
my Hurby and we both con lured that may be the
pressure of the baby on the bladed but our doctor
insisted it was amniotic fluid keakage and he did a scan to check the fluid index and also monitored the
next morning and he discovered the fluid was going
down and he said I shld not sit up for no reason he
also gave me another steroid shot for morning and
night to further mature the baby lungs incase and he
prayed the pregnancy got to 34weeks 2days after I saw show blood I cldnt tell Hurby cos I was afraid.

that there was a problem the next day same thing
again so I had no choice but to tell him this all came
with serious contraction and pains . The doctor was informed meanwhile I had a cerclage
in my cervix so ther was no choice but to take me to
the theatre for a CS lo and behold baby head had
already loosened the cerclage which was not obvious
before the operation and he has a wound on his head
becos of the rope of the cerclage To cut long story short baby cried immediately he
was brought out and he weighed 1.75kg . He didn't have to go under any incubator but was
immediately place under a phototherapy cos the
doctors felt children born prematurely usually had
jaundice when his jaundice (bilirubin) was tested it
was 5.8 after two days it came up to 9.1 but today
as I speak his bilirubin level is now 2.2 . If not for the aggressive phototherapy may be it would have been
higher up and he will be needing a transfusion. In all I give God all the glory baby is doing very fine. This is to encourage someone here because I have
benefitted from this forum and mamas here a Whole
lot. It just took a share fair of luck on my side and God
for this great success
I did ivf once it was successful. Although I took some risk ooo
No one will want to have her tube tied which I did
The earlier we make decision the better for us I was
28yrs
I knew what my diagnosis was I took a giant step not
to allow it bother me (bilateral hydro tubes) Regenesis does womb scratching before the main Ivf
this enhances the chances of success
I did a blastocyst trf
I trusted my doctors and went for their advices
though I sought a second opinion from nairaland and
google My Hurby supported me so much all through this
trying times
And I prayed fervently
God c

Congratulations fruitfulmum! It seems we have d same issue I was diagnosed with bilateral hydrosalphinx, Dr Emeka advise I catherize my tubes but his price is quite expensive, my question where did u do d Tubal ligation and how much did it cost u?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by modaofnations(f): 10:48am On Sep 21, 2014
@moma2; u are welcome on board. May ur stay be brief with success story.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by modaofnations(f): 11:08am On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=Godmercies]
Welcome sis....but for only a v short time!
Then you and everyone one here will move to d pregnancy threads! grin
Amen
@Godmercies; pls how do u add those animations symbols to ur post? Been trying though It looks easy but I don't understand how.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by modaofnations(f): 11:14am On Sep 21, 2014
@Fruitfulmum; pls wat do u mean by "extra folic acid"? Is it dat u were taking extra dosage or it is a brand name? Cos d one I take is Mason Folic Acid 400mcg.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Simply means taking more than the recommended 400mcg. U can talk one and break another into two. I did same too.
modaofnations: @Fruitfulmum; pls wat do u mean by "extra folic acid"? Is it dat u were taking extra dosage or it is a brand name? C
os d one I take is Mason Folic Acid 400mcg.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=ijeaify][/quote]

To me the best place to do it in Lagos is South shore women clinic at Ikotlyi .Dr Alabi is gooood! With anything laparascopy etc
You can also try Teaching hospital Ibadan dey r cheap but v v good too less than 60k I think....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=modaofnations][/quote]
V easy o just tap on any of those similes at d top of your quotation they will be always displayed once u r typing

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=ijeaify][/quote]

Na true o yes Dr Emeka is quite expensive but also v good ivf wit his clinic costs 988k hnmmm ....by Gods grace our efforts will be crowned wit success IJN
this too shall pass
Laparoscopy can also be done v well at UCHIbadan ie d teaching hospital there.Dey r Cheap and v v good
Cheers
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 2:07am On Sep 22, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ijeaify: 6:34am On Sep 22, 2014
[quote author=Fruitfulmum]@ijeaify I was supposed to do it at Uch Ibadan but when my appointment date was far I just arranged with my consultant at Uch and did it in a private hospital at 135k

Hello Fruitfulmum tnx for ur response, But please can u help me with ur consultants phone number so that I can book an appointment with him I really need to do dis. Thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ijeaify: 6:37am On Sep 22, 2014
Godmercies:

Na true o yes Dr Emeka is quite expensive but also v good ivf wit his clinic costs 988k hnmmm ....by Gods grace our efforts will be crowned wit success IJN
this too shall pass
Laparoscopy can also be done v well at UCHIbadan ie d teaching hospital there.Dey r Cheap and v v good
Cheers

Godmercies please tnx for your response,Please do u have any contact in UCH ibadan I can call u know d procedure in all these teaching hospital and there long procedures.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 8:35am On Sep 22, 2014
ijeaify:

Godmercies please tnx for your response,Please do u have any contact in UCH ibadan I can call u know d procedure in all these teaching hospital and there long procedures.

Hi ijeafy no I don't o sorry.did not know u wanted it quickly.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 10:29am On Sep 22, 2014
Itissettled3:
@everyone going for one ART or doing a natural cycle, may the Lord favour you and make it a success in Jesus name. .Amen,

AMEN and AMEN
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by overcommer: 11:11am On Sep 22, 2014
@everyone the good Lord is our strength, having been following these topic from begin to date, honestly very encouraging, congrts to all d fruitful mum in d house. my prayer is that the good Lord that saw you all through will also visit me with my own bundle of joy.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
@ LadyGuinivere
Thanks so much for the book.
@ modaofnations
I am fine thank you.
We are resting for now until we are able to raise money again.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MumOf4: 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
wonyi:

Congrats ma.you are blessed n shall b a mother of many nations .pls what is d cost at Nisa premier?

Wonyi, sorry I've been incommunicado. Nisa Premier is expensive but with one of the best success rates in the country. Registration is 5k, investigations 150k. The main ivf is between 1.5 to 1.8million depending on d peculiarities of the patient.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MumOf4: 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
LadyGuinivere:
Ahhhh AMEN. So shall it b in Jesus name,amen
Satan has attempted. My FET is tuesday and malaria has knocked me down.
Anointing has broken the yoke of rubbish sickness o!
LadyGuinivere, the devil is just doing some gra gra which is futile & in vain. You are God's beloved daughter & nothing can touch you. Just keep affirming your faith. Take your drugs, continue taking plenty if water. Visualize carrying those beautiful babies in your arms and be in thanksgiving mode.
On d day if my transfer l googled images of black triplet babies and spent a long time gazing at them. kiss
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
Thanks mumof4! I will do same.
Please say a prayer for me tomorrow. FET no 2.
I never buy my pineapple sef
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
LadyGuinivere: Please say a prayer for me tomorrow. FET no 2.

U r in my prayers. Its a done deal. May God perfect that which concerns u. Hope u r feeling better now?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
@ijeaify pls I tried mailing u on nairaland but no luck, this is my email @yahoo.com pls mail me so I can send the number to u,

Don't want to post his number here!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ijeaify: 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
Fruitfulmum: @ijeaify pls I tried mailing u on nairaland but no luck, this is my email roxieene@yahoo.com pls mail me so I can send the number to u,

Don't want to post his number here!

I just sent a hello mail to u now.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
MumOf4:
Wonyi, sorry I've been incommunicado. Nisa Premier is expensive but with one of the best success rates in the country. Registration is 5k, investigations 150k. The main ivf is between 1.5 to 1.8million depending on d peculiarities of the patient.

Thanks ma
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Reallyfavoured: 9:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
Godmercies:

Na true o yes Dr Emeka is quite expensive but also v good ivf wit his
clinic costs 988k hnmmm ....by Gods grace our efforts will be crowned
wit success IJN
this too shall pass

Amen. Its well wit us.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
I av sent u a mail. I will also call nd inform him someone might be calling him.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lauracares: 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
[quote author
I never buy my pineapple sef[/quote]
God will definitely see u through, d angels of God shall take charge over u n d procedure in Jesus name...keeping thanking God cos he ll hasten his word to perform it in your life... congratulations in advance. smiley
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
LadyGuinivere: Thanks mumof4! I will do same.

Lady G its settled in heaven. All dat remains is d manifestation. Please try and rest for d 1st 48 hours and keep off d internet winkto meditate....
Its well with you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2014

It is done. Fear not.

Just lay those hands in your tommy and give thanks with a grateful heart.

God will locate you with His Word to assure you He is your Helper.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by JUMAYIN(f): 11:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hello @ mumof4 I need d ebook too ma...thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MumOf4: 3:42am On Sep 23, 2014
JUMAYIN: Hello @ mumof4 I need d ebook too ma...thanks
Hello Jumayin. Your e mail address isn't indicated.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MumOf4: 3:47am On Sep 23, 2014
LadyGuinivere, it is settled!
Pls stay away from pineapple for now. There is anecdotal evidence dat it causes uterine contraction. We want d womb to be relaxed not contracting. I noticed heavy periods when I eat it.
Nine months from now you can eat all the pineapple you want! wink
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MumOf4: 3:51am On Sep 23, 2014
[email]
LadyGuinivere, it is settled!
Pls stay away from pineapple for now. There is anecdotal evidence dat it causes uterine contraction. We want d womb to be relaxed not contracting. I noticed heavy periods when I eat it.
Nine months from now you can eat all the pineapple you want! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (431) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.