Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1275765 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 9:36am On Apr 03, 2015
@Viviparity,my sister am fine o. Been very sick since.i no no say na like dis e b o.lolz.how'r u and ur lo?thanks for checkin up on me.
@LadyG,greetins,sis pls help me send the supernatural childbirth to my friend chioma.agina@yahoo.com.
@All,may the power of his ressurrection quicken our mortal bodies IJN..Fertility Blessings.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by dabgr: 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
beauty4ashes:
Goodmorning mamas in the house.pls someone should help me send the supernatural conception to this mail addy: chioma.agina@yahoo.com..thanks alot.

sent !!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
@Dabgr,thanks alot. She has received it.
Happy Easter to us all and May the risen Christ Quicken our motal bodies IJN..Blessings!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
dabgr:

sent !!

Hi please send to me at angelmarula@gmail.com thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Celestia: 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Please I need the book too send to amenann@ymail.com. Tnks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyEsther: 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by aadetoyin(f): 11:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hello fruitful mummies, pls who can help me with ebook on supernatural conception.
Aadetoyin@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 9:10am On Apr 05, 2015
[color=#770077][/color] Happy Easter everyone.

The Dr dropped the your best chances of conception is IVF on us yesterday due to serious s.per.m issues. My DH is still dazed. We don't even know where to begin from where do we get the money to ok we can borrow from someone and pay back since we really desire a child. But then is it advisable knowing that it's not 100% ? What if it fails? This and many more going through our mind.

Hubby wants to go back to Dr to insist for treatment to see if uis s.per.m over a month or two can come up to the levels for iui. His s/a is not good all round both count, motility and morphology. when we brought up treatment issues Dr just said its possible but what if aftee treatment nothing happens or it even goes to zero levels? Then it would have been a waste of time, more cost etc.

What would you ladies advice? My head is just all over the place. I've been comforting hubby and trying to be strong for him but am hurting nside and devastated.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 9:14am On Apr 05, 2015
Another thing I want to ask id can someone who has had a successful ivf give guidance on dos and does to maximise chances of it succeeding? I know it all depends on God and hr alone has the final say but we can always do all we fan as humans and leave the rest to God.

So please kindly share. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by dabgr: 10:55am On Apr 05, 2015
Fvine:

Hi please send to me at angelmarula@gmail.com thanks

sent
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 11:17am On Apr 05, 2015
dabgr:

sent
thanks for the supernatural Childbirth book.

Do send other ttc/fertility books if you have. Happy Easter
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
@Fvine, there is hope. I know these are trying times but u just av to be strong for urself and most especially for ur dh. You didnt explain dh's count if it was just low sperm or azoospermia et al so that our mamas and papas will know how best to advice. Personally,i was able to save up to 500k from my 2yrs of work for d ivf procedure cos dh didnt agree to it but i told myself mayb if the moni is almost complete,i cud borrow to add to it cos the pressure from inlaws was too much. I dont advice to borrow cos its a 50-50 chance but if u can save up to an extent and borrow a little to add to what you have is way better than borrowing the whole moni. (May God guide you on this)
You can send @itissettled3 a mail if she has the soft copy of 'God's waiting room'. Its abook that shares alot of the testimonies of ivf.it will greatly help you.
My Dh's count was1.1million as at december 2014,i was devastated and i cried to mamas here,dey adviced me on the supplements and we followed thru,by jan,it had improved to 10mil,by feb,i had taken it so i dont no how bad ur dh's own is. Just know that ur own is not impossile for God to do.
@Ebube,ladyG,Blendy77,pls mamas,make una talk from the ivf angle.
God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Dinma14: 2:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
Happy Easter fruitful Mamas.
DH decided we do IVF after 3yrs of drugs and herbs. I am suppose to leave my base for ABJ on tuesday cos DH wants us to use NHS Abuja, but AF showed face this morning. So I ll ve to wait for it to dry before travelling.
So my question is this, has anyone here used NHS abj? What re d procedures? I don't mind hooking up with someone who has done or still in d process @ NHS Abj. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
@ beauty4ashes: its low count 2m with bad motility and morphology. no infection and his hormones are ok according to the dr. so we don't know what the issue is. He just finished Manix and Addyzoa before the SA. Manix worked sometime in d past and boosted him from 4.5m to 30m but after a few months it went down and he had to go back to treatment. We've decided to try Fertiliaid and Countboost by Fairhaven to see if it helps.

Please more suggestions are welco

Now that your dh is at 10mil will it still be ivf for you or iui perhaps. Does better s.per.m parameters mean one can ditch ivf and go for iui cos that's what we're planning if not we might just start in time now to plan for the ivf. For me I like being real and would rather I move fast and face things squarely. Thank dear.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
Just curious, anyone here currently going to Olive Branch Lagos?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 6:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
@Fvine if the count once came up, don't you think something went wrong? I guess he stopped the supplements so it went back. I would suggest he gets on supplements for at least 3mths. Within the period, you try to save. Yes, if the count is higher, there will be chances for iui which will be cheaper. I wouldn't advice you borrow all the fund to avoid heart break if it doesn't work out. Please take your time to save. If you go a little backward, you'll see the testimony by @beauty4ashes. It could happen to you that way too. One more question, what was the wbc level in the SFA? Something must be provoking the low count. Even for the IVF, they may still treat him for 3mths. Add motility boost and vit E for him to the fertilaid and count boost. Never give up hope.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Royal30: 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
please wot is the cost of IUI and which hospital can you recommend?? thanks
@bolded, fertile aid already contains Vitamin E so why buying more of it??

miraclebaby:
@Fvine if the count once came up, don't you think something went wrong? I guess he stopped the supplements so it went back. I would suggest he gets on supplements for at least 3mths. Within the period, you try to save. Yes, if the count is higher, there will be chances for iui which will be cheaper. I wouldn't advice you borrow all the fund to avoid heart break if it doesn't work out. Please take your time to save. If you go a little backward, you'll see the testimony by @beauty4ashes. It could happen to you that way too. One more question, what was the wbc level in the SFA? Something must be provoking the low count. Even for the IVF, they may still treat him for 3mths. Add motility boost and vit E for him to the fertilaid and count boost. Never give up hope.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by dabgr: 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
@ aadetoyin & Celestia
Supernatural Childbirth sent

@itissettled3 pls kindly send me a soft copy of 'God's waiting room'.
thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by brainky(f): 11:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
Happy Easter mum,
The journey to get children is rough with many bends , it a journey with a beginning and with a end. Knowing that having children might be a bit difficult for some of us is a sickness already it weights you down until you have cured it with a BFP and that wonderful children. TTC is stress already., your money go into it, your time and more.God gives his gift freely but some of us have to work hard to get it. I am in this journey and everyday seems to be long, the journey gets rough and long, still praying and trusting in God to bless me and every woman who is crying to God for that gift , that beautiful children .Either IVF IUI or any way a child is a child.My children are mine.I pray that the month of April will be our month, our children will come looking for our womb, we will not suffer to have them Ameen.For the mummy's who have their lovely children please pray for us.
I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure and I will be starting IVF soon.
May God answer alll our prayers.
brainky4love@yahoo.com

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 2:27am On Apr 06, 2015
@Royal30 more vit E as fertilaid contain less. If you check, its about 150iu. But men need higher level of it, about 1000iu daily. It helps motility. As for the cost of iui, I don't have much details. Let other mamas ans that as I'm based in the east and you know there's always much difference compared to Lag, Abj and Ph areas. If you read through, you'll see good fertility clinics mentioned based on where you stay you can pick one of them.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by georgesmedical: 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
Please call George's IVF HOTLINE: 08078191655 for more enquiries sir.
RipVanWink:
@ebony thanks.
i thinks its nordica that is in sapele, hvnt really heard good or bad abt them.
its ubth that i heard has almost zero success rate

this st george?..any idea of thier success rate?...this thier present promo...who has any idea of the total cost for the ivf..and then an estimated cost of the drugs involved??
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 4:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
miraclebaby:

thanks for the kind words. He didn't stop the supplements. in fact he only just concluded the Manix and Addyzoa 2nd round before the SA. The Dr didn't show us the physical results. just explained/summarised the findings to us so I don't know the finer details of the tests. He just said that no infection was seen and that his hormones are also ok.

I know of the ivf chances. we're not planning to borrow the whole lot, just borrow and add up to what he save to make it faster/save time. We'll just and insist on some months treatment while we prepare for ivf should in case it eventually turns out we have to do. I've read that its good to preparr onself for at least six weeks before starting and ivf cycle. Taking Prenatals, changing diet to include high protein, incorporating light exercise/yoga etc.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
Can someone please share tips on what and what they did during the ivf cycle that they had success? thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by peace4me(m): 9:39am On Apr 07, 2015
Thanks for send me the book
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 07, 2015
@Itissettled@3 pls can you send me soft copy of God's waiting room too, thanks. Am sending you a pm so you can get my email.
Fertility blessings everyone!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by dabgr: 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
peace4me:
Send Supernatural Childbirth to favour213@gmail.com

sent
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Goldengift(f): 4:34am On Apr 08, 2015
Pls which clinic did u run these tests?
Fvine:

thanks for the kind words. He didn't stop the supplements. in fact he only just concluded the Manix and Addyzoa 2nd round before the SA. The Dr didn't show us the physical results. just explained/summarised the findings to us so I don't know the finer details of the tests. He just said that no infection was seen and that his hormones are also ok.

I know of the ivf chances. we're not planning to borrow the whole lot, just borrow and add up to what he save to make it faster/save time. We'll just and insist on some months treatment while we prepare for ivf should in case it eventually turns out we have to do. I've read that its good to preparr onself for at least six weeks before starting and ivf cycle. Taking Prenatals, changing diet to include high protein, incorporating light exercise/yoga etc.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 08, 2015
please i need the book - Gods waiting room.

please

bebebeebee1960@gmail.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Sam94(f): 7:38am On Apr 08, 2015
I dont have an IVF experience, but I hope you have a healthy and successful treatment. All the Beest !! smiley
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 08, 2015
brainky:
Happy Easter mum,
The journey to get children is rough with many bends , it a journey with a beginning and with a end. Knowing that having children might be a bit difficult for some of us is a sickness already it weights you down until you have cured it with a BFP and that wonderful children. TTC is stress already., your money go into it, your time and more.God gives his gift freely but some of us have to work hard to get it. I am in this journey and everyday seems to be long, the journey gets rough and long, still praying and trusting in God to bless me and every woman who is crying to God for that gift , that beautiful children .Either IVF IUI or any way a child is a child.My children are mine.I pray that the month of April will be our month, our children will come looking for our womb, we will not suffer to have them Ameen.For the mummy's who have their lovely children please pray for us.
I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure and I will be starting IVF soon.
May God answer alll our prayers.
brainky4love@yahoo.com

You will carry your baby in your arm.
donor egg or not is still your baby.
i wish you joy unlimited.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Monalisa1(f): 10:11am On Apr 08, 2015
Halo fruitful mamas in d hse. I did iui end of February. AF came after a week 11th March. Wz suppose 2 go 4 PT on d 19th in d hospital buh didn't go again because I did d strip test n it wz BFN. So I decided 2 start herbal med. 2days ago I went 2 a place 2 rub/lift/massage ma womb o. D woman said in her own words "pikin dey inside" well I tot she wz prayn 4 mi, I said yes. Buh am ttc so jt want 2 rub b4 tkn d herbs. She said again "pikin dey inside n I dey touch am" she was actually touchn d side unda ma tummy. She said d child is hiding but after 2/3months it wil show,dat if I do a PT it won't show yet til after 2months. she wil giv mi herbs 2 mk d baby strong.
Am confused. Is dis a scam? Sld I go 4 blood PT or scan? Or sld I go n mit som1 else 2 rub mi? D mata jt taya mi

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 08, 2015
Monalisa1:
Halo fruitful mamas in d hse. I did iui end of February. AF came after a week 11th March. Wz suppose 2 go 4 PT on d 19th in d hospital buh didn't go again because I did d strip test n it wz BFN. So I decided 2 start herbal med. 2days ago I went 2 a place 2 rub/lift/massage ma womb o. D woman said in her own words "pikin dey inside" well I tot she wz prayn 4 mi, I said yes. Buh am ttc so jt want 2 rub b4 tkn d herbs. She said again "pikin dey inside n I dey touch am" she was actually touchn d side unda ma tummy. She said d child is hiding but after 2/3months it wil show,dat if I do a PT it won't show yet til after 2months. she wil giv mi herbs 2 mk d baby strong.
Am confused. Is dis a scam? Sld I go 4 blood PT or scan? Or sld I go n mit som1 else 2 rub mi? D mata jt taya mi

please don't rub o. Dont take herbs. Switch to prenatal. Take d herbs she wants to give u.

congratulations dear.
please where did u go to do d massage. I want to do too. Am in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.