Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1276063 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by talltosyne: 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
@candlelight, georges also gave me 950k for their promo price
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
candlelite100:
@Godmercy2015
Hi, i had my procedure at Georges and i spent less
than 700k,i dont think you got the right info.
Maybe u should go there and enquire or call and ask how much
the procedure cost exactly, and how much exactly are the drugs. They always quote
500k for drugs and sometimes depending on the drugs you consume,you may or may not
spend 500k. I for one budgeted 500k but ended up spending 220k for all my drugs.
@all baby dust!
candlelite100:
@teana4040, you can take the unsweetened yorgurt.
As for the rice,i had to sacrifice my love for rice,only ate little with
plenty salad without cream sha until i got my BFP.

@GodMercy2015
My procedure cost N450
My drugs cost N220
but had to run some test,cost depends on which test
U will have to run. Consultation was N35.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
My bad...
I spent less than 700k
Procedure cost 450k
Drugs spent 220k but was given 500k quote.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by praisefulmum: 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
Congrats Iyomomo:- To God be all the glory and praise
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
candlelite100:
My bad...
I spent less than 700k
Procedure cost 450k
Drugs spent 220k but was given 500k quote.

@ fruitful mamas, the promo might be naija style o the more u look, the less u see......like some naija shops copy uk/us shops and put 60% sale sign, when no reduction was made....................if you add candlelites 450k + drug quote of 500k she said she was given....its = 950K!
Now she was fortunate,that she used 280k less drugs....thats y her procedure now cost lower, thats 670k + the 35k she said for tests or something = 705k, approx 700k she has been quoting she spent
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by hope43: 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
shocked
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sugah: 7:46am On Jul 28, 2015
So in essence, georgesmedical promo price is almost more than the regular price?

Typical Nigeria.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
Halloha efribori,congrats on the bellefull mamas...may God almighty grant you all supernatural childbirth...Amin...
Where is the George's advertiser, come and convince us about your hospital's promo na...
Though I think we should take it upon ourselves to go there and confirm,so we know what's up....

Wish us all the best...

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 9:21am On Jul 29, 2015
Maybe I can help with the Georges explanation. Their IVF procedure price is actually estimated to 1.1M. 600k for the IVF procedure and 500k for drugs.

Any discount or promo done is usually on the IVF procedure price of 600k.

@candilite100, I think she went for her procedure during the mother's month promo. During that promo the IVF cost was reduced to 450k and d drugs remained 500k.

For this promo Now, it is 25% off 600K( procedure cost). So IVF cost is 450k drugs is 500k.

Now, most people don't use up to 500k for drugs and the balance is usually returned to d person or channeled to antenantal if u want.

I don't work for Georges, just knew this cos I went there to enquire

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
weldone itssettled....thanks for the explanation...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
thank you itissettled.

hello Mama Candle, please did you have to pay all at onces? or did you pay as you use?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shithapuns: 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
Contacted st ives...they said promo price is 600k procedure + 100k tests
They said that the drug cost is inbuilt into the 600k procedure cost......the person i spoke with sounded a bit flustered when i tried to clarify that the 600k is drugs inclusive.....
Maybe another member could call them to confirm again.

Wonder y the 2 hispitals choose to do thier promo same period.....
Those in lagos could help us by physically going tthere as from 3rd august to get first hand gist of everything...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iyomomo(f): 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thank u all blessed mama's for ur wishes and prayers,
@olubakemi God will surely surprise u with double for ur shame. A woman saw me same day I tested positive and exclaimed "ah ah ur belle neva still big, wetin u dey wait for"? I felt so embarrassed, I just smiled. It was on my way back home I decided to stop by a pharmacy and buy pt strips.
So no matter wat pple say, or How dey try to describe our situation, it really doesn't count, What matters is dat we'll all be mothers Co's God has said none shall be barren in d land!

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
@olubankemi, u pay for ur test as u go,then a deposit
of the estimated bill upon commencement of the program.
The balance is expected before oocyte retrieval.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
k
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
iyomomo:
Thank u all blessed mama's for ur wishes and prayers,
@olubakemi God will surely surprise u with double for ur shame. A woman saw me same day I tested positive and exclaimed "ah ah ur belle neva still big, wetin u dey wait for"? I felt so embarrassed, I just smiled. It was on my way back home I decided to stop by a pharmacy and buy pt strips.
So no matter wat pple say, or How dey try to describe our situation, it really doesn't count, What matters is dat we'll all be mothers Co's God has said none shall be barren in d land!

Waoo, soon she will see your baby.

Amen to your prayers.

I rejected evil name God did not give me by the power of the Holy Ghost.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Oleayo22(f): 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hello everyone, pls I need clarification. So I went to my Re and he said for the donor cycle I am about to do. That I will only take one injection instead of the normal 3wks of buserelin I am used to. That its my donor that will yhethe bulk of the drugs. Pls is this ok?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
@Olubankemi,registration is 35k.
I did all the test necessary,screening for HIV 1&2,Hepatitis B,Syphillis for couple N11,800
Seminal fluid analysis N7,500
Ovarian reserve test N20,000
Cervical smear test N15,000
You hv to do all these tests before your IVF treatment can start.
I guess it must be during one of their promos because the price was really low,i had budgeted N1m minimum.
their success rate is very good. I went there on referal from someone who had her procedure there and had twins,
dont think they treat promo clients different from others. Its the same doctors,same procedure and what have u.

Wish you all the best,it will end in praise!
Baby dust to all.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
@Candlelite, you are of a willing heart to share and help. God bless you real good.

I appreciate the break down and responses.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 7:04am On Jul 30, 2015
@oleayo22, for a donor cycle it is d donor that takes the bulk of the injections. You are only given injections to prepare you lining and uterus to receive your babies. Some clinics use pro*gnova while some will use your natural cycle and allow ur lining get thick enough.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
@olubankemi,
Amen and thanks!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GodMercy2015: 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
Please mamas in the house, i need your advice, My dh sperm count is 25million and motility is 60%. I also have patent tubes but been trying after a stillbirth lastyear may. Should i give iui a try or save up for ivf.

I am really tired and getting depressed of bfn everymonth.

Pls kindly advice a worrying mama, blowing baby dust to us all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Oleayo22(f): 9:42am On Jul 31, 2015
@itissettled, thnks for your reply. I was surprised to hear that, cos that wasn't what was happening before.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hi my sabi mamas,please can one take metformin wen downregulating? I am asking due to previous diagnosis of PCOS....i am asking to avoid issues of OHSS...pls sumone respond
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sugah: 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
GodMercy2015:
Please mamas in the house, i need your advice, My dh sperm count is 25million and motility is 60%. I also have patent tubes but been trying after a stillbirth lastyear may. Should i give iui a try or save up for ivf.

I think you should talk to God and he would direct you on which way to go.
But its generally advised for women who are below 35, have at least one tube open and a marginal SC (over 10million) to try IUIs. And IUIs only cost about 10% of IVF cost.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
sugah:

I think you should talk to God and he would direct you on which way to go.
But its generally advised for women who are below 35, have at least one tube open and a marginal SC (over 10million) to try IUIs. And IUIs only cost about 10% of IVF cost.

Am with Sugah. When it comes to what I can't control I simply say, talk to God about it.

Neither Ivf nor IUI can anyone here give a sure banker success on.

Only the Master of the universe and the One who decides how to make conception happen can lead you in the right direction.

Try and communicate with God. Hear from Him first.

I pray for us all, God will speak to us on the right path to take.

My only advise, don't be depressed, cheer up, it will be over soon.
Amen.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GodMercy2015: 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
Thanks @sugah and @olubanke. I remain to put my trust in God almighty. The giver of all good things.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
GodMercy2015:

you may consider ivf............
another issue less talked abougted is the state of the tubes..., a woman might hv patent tubes as shown by hsg,,, but what is the nature of the cilia in the tubes?.. its the cilia that move the sperm or egg along.....
cilia is like very fine hair like structures
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kara25: 9:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
Good evening sabi mamas,please help a sister.....having gotten a BFP like 2-3weeks gone...is it normal to see blood spot not actually a stain but noticed during wiping after urinating?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
kara25:
Good evening sabi mamas,please help a sister.....having gotten a BFP like 2-3weeks gone...is it normal to see blood spot not actually a stain but noticed during wiping after urinating?

Spotting or seeing blood when you wipe is not a good sign but it may not really mean a bad sign in all cases.

1.you need to be on bed rest.
2. See your doctor for scan.
3. Increase your progesterone level.
4.it could be bad blood finding its way out.
5.once you have done a scan and all seem OK, relax. You could take a leave from work.
6. Never mind the blood. Speak to it and say, it must be the unwanted blood coming out. That's what BISHOP OYEDEPO said.

Did you do Ivf?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
Hello Mums, please has anyone used or know someone who recently used UBTH ot LASUTH for an Assisted Reproduction be it IUI or IVF and was successful? I need information on these hospitals or any government hospital. TIA.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
sandy4real:

Can you try Life Fertility Clinic in Nnewi. They have good success rate and cheaper too

Do you have a personal experience or know someone who used there successfully? What's the cost?

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.