Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1277298 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by union123(m): 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hello house
@Annibro, thanks for helping
Lagos
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hello house!

I have been a silent reader before my procedure
i learnt alot from this thread.
Been married 7yrs and no issue.
Had series of test done and was told my only option is IVF.
Am posting this to encourage someone out there,
don't give up God is too Faithful to fail
Had my 1st procedure last month at Georges and got my BFP on friday,my 37th birthday!

Prepare my body 3months before the procedure
took lots of fruits and veggies,had to cut off sugar and reduce carborhydrates
took folic acid,pregnacare conception and trevo religiously.
Above all i handed the whole procedure over to God, and today for the 1st time am celebrating
my birthday pregnant. I couldnt have asked for a better birthday gift from God.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by waistbead: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
@Candlelite,congrats dear u shall carry to term and deliver like the Hebrew woman in Jesus name Amen...happy bumping sweetie..
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by BundlesOfJoy: 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
candlelite100:
Hello house!

Had my 1st procedure last month at Georges and got my BFP on friday,my 37th birthday!

Above all i handed the whole procedure over to God, and today for the 1st time am celebrating

Many congratulations dear, wishing you a stress free 9 months smiley

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
Amen and thanks @waistbead and BundlesOfJoy
#Godwin!

Fertility blessing to everyone.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sanrima(f): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
candlelite100:
Hello house!
Oh am so encouraged, thanks for sharing God bless you. Wishing you hale and hearty bumping. You shall carry to term and bring forth beautiful babies.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
Congratulations candlelite100, what a wonderful birthday gift. Wishing you a H&H 9 months.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
@faithfulwife, thanks! It been so surreal,am actually basking in the euphoria
Ur story was an inspiration and i was beyond joy when u announced ur BFP.

@sanrima,thanks! Our joy will definately be full IJN
Its not been an easy journey even for a 1st procedure,was told i had low ovarian reserve
and adviced to use donor eggs,which i vehemetly refused. Thank God He honoured my Faith.
Only those who have walked the path will understand...

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Oleayo22(f): 7:31am On Jul 13, 2015
Congrats candlelite. Wish healthy and happy nine months.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 14, 2015
Congrats candlelite and a healthy pregnancy....pls i wanted to ask some questions...pls wht type of fruits did i take and d foods u take when u started ur cycle...dat did u continue the folic acid and trevo during stimming?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ZaraBrown: 9:59am On Jul 14, 2015
@candlelite100,congratulations our God is too faithful to fail, for those of us still waiting lt will all end in praise in Jesus mighty name AMEN
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2015
@teana4040 thanks! I took plenty of pineapples,english pear,watermelon,avocado,walnuts and pawpaw. I bought a smoothie maker and made smoothie
anytime i couldn't eat the friuts. I also had to cut down on carbs,rice particularly. Ate beans(am not a fan of) moi moi saved the day for dinner
I also had to incorporate salad into almost every meal. After my ET was adviced not to eat anything too pepperish and avoid anything that will make me purge.
Stopped all Fizzy drinks but drank plenty of farm fresh yorgurt.
I maintained a VERY POSITIVE ATTITUDE,was always confessing the prayers on pregnancy in supernatural childbirth.
Hope this helps.
Fertility dust to everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 10:22am On Jul 14, 2015
@ZaraBrown,thanks!
God is indeed too Faithful to Fail...
He will remember everyone in His waiting room.
He will make everyone laugh,so does that hear will laugh with us.
We will say of a truth "for this child we prayed and God has granted our petition".
Ferility blessing to all.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 10:28am On Jul 14, 2015
@teana4040
I continued all supplements until after ET.
stayed on folic acid,baby aspirin and cyclogest during my 2ww.
Am still on these three though.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wakes: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
bigmummy7:
get enough moringa leave, wash with little salt, add enough water, warm it a bit like 3 min, then filter d moringa and pound it, pour d water u use to warm it, then filter d juice, one glass in d morning and night. u can refridge it. within 2 weeks u will be amazed my hubby is a witness.
Thanks for sharing this to the public.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GodMercy2015: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
Congrats @ candlelite100, may u carry to term IJN.

Pls may i ask how much the whole procedure cost at georges. Thankyou
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
@Candlelite,farmfresh yogurt has sugar...is it still ok?also i love eating rice,hw can i cope?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by candlelite100(f): 6:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
@teana4040, you can take the unsweetened yorgurt.
As for the rice,i had to sacrifice my love for rice,only ate little with
plenty salad without cream sha until i got my BFP.

@GodMercy2015
My procedure cost N450
My drugs cost N220
but had to run some test,cost depends on which test
U will have to run. Consultation was N35.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
Thanks candlelite for answering my questions...i appreciate
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sandy4real(f): 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hello all the sweet mamas here. You guys should follow me and thank God. Did my PT today and it came out BFP. Its all by His Grace. I pray that we all BFP mamas will carry our babies till full term in Jesus name..Amen

10 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by waistbead: 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
sandy4real:
Hello all the sweet mamas here. You guys should follow me and thank God. Did my PT today and it came out BFP. Its all by His Grace. I pray that we all BFP mamas will carry our babies till full term in Jesus name..Amen

Jehovah overdo has done it again oo!!Sandy4real,congrats sweety u shall carry to term and deliver like the Hebrew women in Jesus name Amen..congrats once again dear..

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2015
sandy4real:

Congratulations sandy4real. This is indeed the Lord's doing.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GodMercy2015: 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
sandy4real:

Congrats to you, may you carry to term IJN.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GodMercy2015: 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
@Sandy4real congratulations once again, where did you have ur procedure done and what is the total cost. I am looking at going the ivf route verysoon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Brian2015: 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
famouschildren:

so sorry about ur DH case. has he done hormonal analysis? azoo is of 2types
1. obstructive
2. non obstructive
if ur DH has high FSH, it indicate non-obstructive and d only option is Assisted reproduction. u need to visit a good urologist probably dis UK guru urologist, Mr. J Ramsay (u can read frm BCOLAH). he needs to be placed on some specific drugs + ivf-icsi + TESE. all d best dear

I know this is a very old post but I would really love to know if you managed to fall pregnant?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
@Sandyreal...congrats oo...pls what did u do to improve d outcome?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by annibro(f): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
sandy4real:

My Darling Sandy, ur thot actually crossed my mind & I decided 2 visit d thread just 2 read ds wonderful news.
To God be the glory. Dis God will surprise everyone ds 2nd half of d year in Jesus name.
Pls can u briefly outline ur activities during ds 2wks wait? As in, do u cook? Wash etc or just lie in bed all day?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by annibro(f): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
sandy4real:

My Darling Sandy, ur thot actually crossed my mind & I decided 2 visit d thread just 2 read ds wonderful news.
To God be the glory. Dis God will surprise everyone ds 2nd half of d year in Jesus name.
Pls can u briefly outline ur activities during ds 2wks wait? As in, do u cook? Wash, go out, etc or just lie in bed all day?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by annibro(f): 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
candlelite100:
Amen and thanks @waistbead and BundlesOfJoy
#Godwin!

Fertility blessing to everyone.

Congratulations Candlelite. Ds is a wonderful testimony. After 7 long yrs & d very 1st proceedure. U got ur miracle at d 7th month on d 17th day at ur 37th B/day. Ds is divine. 2 God be d Glory 4ever & eva. Amen.

Did u cut off tea with Beverage too? As in milo & milk during ur 2wks wait? How was ur activity like in dis 2wks? Indoor all tru, lying in bed? Pls brief me.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sandy4real(f): 10:50am On Jul 19, 2015
GodMercy2015:
@Sandy4real congratulations once again, where did you have ur procedure done and what is the total cost. I am looking at going the ivf route verysoon.

Thanks dear. I did mine in Life Fertility Clinic in Nnewi, Anambra State. Their price depends on your age though it would pass 800k for everything. They have good fertility results.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sandy4real(f): 10:55am On Jul 19, 2015
teana4040:
@Sandyreal...congrats oo...pls what did u do to improve d outcome?

My dear, nothing o. I was taking their drugs judiciously and not to lie on your tummy, no sex, and above all prayers. The key thing here is prayers. Hand everything over to God. Always thank Him for making you pregnant. Don't request anything from Him. Just praise Him and thank Him for all He has done in your life, both past, present and future. My dear, it really works. Thanks and baby dust to you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sandy4real(f): 10:58am On Jul 19, 2015
annibro:

Pls can u briefly outline ur activities during ds 2wks wait? As in, do u cook? Wash, go out, etc or just lie in bed all day?

My dear, thanks. My dear I did everything o. I cook, I wash, but didn't do the other one with my hubby.....lol..... and I didn't lie on my tummy which was actually the hardest part cos I love sleeping on my tummy, but its really worth it at least. I give praise to God. My triplets are here to stay

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.